Let's get back to chatting and supporting each other

You're on Page 9 of 17
Go to
  • Good luck with that and I hope you don't gain any weight.
    I hate when I would work so hard to lose a couple of pounds and then some event/gathering/party happens and all that effort is lost.
    Good luck.

I've spent the last three hours off and on trying to find the info I need and no luck.
    I'm going to quit now 'cause my head is spinning.
  • still the same....
    I'm still researching for the information i need and I am getting frustrated. I'm spending way too much time with it. Ordinarily, I wouldn't mind but I am getting visitors by mid-week and i need to do some serious cleaning. As well as put away all the 'stuff' I've been unpacking.

...DH just called me and told me that he might be bringing his cousin back with him tomorrow night for a day or so. Great. I'll be happy to see her but I've got all this stuff around. I guess I'm just going to have to spend my day packing things back up and putting it all into the basement again.

I hate when last minute things like this happen... especially when I was planning on getting 'x' amount of things done by mid-week.
    I hope I eat properly during this time. I do not want to gain back what I worked so hard to lose.
  • Still maintaining at 139.0.... so far.
    Still trying to find the information I need. But i'm giving it a rest for a couple of days. I have company coming over tonight and I need to clean up and cook. I've been neglecting house work as I've been engrossed in finding the info I need.
    I've got a lot to do in such a short time.
  • Funny how it is easiest to lose weight when things are normal and predictable. My husband was home for three days (regular days off every other week) and we were out and about shopping and went to dinner on Saturday night. Chinese food always means loads of sodium and water retention, but I also enjoy the somewhat rare dinner out we have together. We prepare most meals at home because we both want to eat healthy foods. But life does intervene at times.
  • I'm glad you got to enjoy some quality time with your hubby. You deserve to be treated out to dinner once in a while!
    You're right.... life does intervene. I had company come over and they're gone now. I am going out of town tomorrow night for the families April birthday celebrations... I know, a school night! But it couldn't be helped.
    I gave myself some wiggle room to have cake and enjoy a nice meal. If I gain some weight, it won't matter because I am NOT going over 140!

Today I weight in at 138.5. I dropped 0.5 lb!
  • The celebrations were nice. It was great to see all the family together and enjoying eachother's company.

No one said anything about my weightloss. I was more particular about my SIL's reaction and.... nothing. I noticed that she took a quick look at me but didn't say a word. I sort of knew beforehand that she wouldnt... she's just that type. Everything is about her and her family.

No matter... I know how I look and I know it's obvious that I lost weight.
    My neighbour was out yesterday as I was getting ready to leave for the celebrations and she literally came out and asked me if I lost weight.... we haven't seen eachother all winter! lol
    Just as she went back in, another neighbour was driving by and stopped to tell me how wonderful I looked!
    Sooooooo, I'm guessing that my SIL noticed but decided not to pay a compliment.
    In fact, she pretty well ignored me most of the time. She spend most of her time sitting and talking with one of the daughters. And she spent the rest of the time talking with my other SIL!
    Two peas in a pod!
    Both strange.

My TOM is here and my scale needs new batteries! It's a good thing that I don't know how much I weigh. lol
  • Hello all!
    I've truly enjoyed reading through all of your posts. I was a member of LAWL in 2005 and I lost 50#. I have since gained almost all if not all of it back. I have been thinking about starting back up again but I no longer have any of my color plan booklets. They have been missed placed or lost through the many moves I have had since I stopped going to my local center. Of course that center is long gone by now (it's a Jamba Juice) and I'm a little leery of giving LAWL "online" any more of my money. I've been able to find the same program package offered on their site on Amazon. My concern is that I don't know anything about the "new" program. Are any of y'all using the plan offered on their website or are y'all using the older programs? My plan is to hopefully purchase the Silver Program at first and then buy my bars for Grab 1 Bar. For those of you who bought off of the LAWL website, what did they call the next phase program? I'm sorry about all the questions, but I just discovered that LAWL was back. I thought that with my missing color booklets I had lost my chances of ever using this program again! Any info/advice you would be willing to share with me would be greatly appreciated!
  • Also did anyone have issues ordering from Grab1 Bar's website. I'm getting the same run around as I did when I tried to order from LAWL's site.

PS I have the program now. Just waiting on my Hollywood juice and to figure out how to order the bars.
  • Hello TryingItAgain09! Welcome to the group!
    We could always use another 'voice' around here!
    I usually post everyday but I couldn't even get to my computer for the last few days.
    I had unexpected company and they ended up staying the night. It seems that my birthday celebrations went on for a few more days and didn't end up being just the one day! Yikes!

Thank goodness that it's TOM and that my batteries haven't been changed yet for my scale. I'm not sure I want to know my actual weight. I know that I gained some but I think I've gained more than I had intended to.

To answer your questions:
    Unfortunately, I don't have the answers to your questions. I'm doing the numbered plan. I'm on Number 1. I had started on the Gold Plan when I first joined and then the numbered plans were introduced just as I needed to go 'down' to the next colour.
    I've kept all my books and had these to fall back on.

I've used the Knudsen's Morning Blend for TO when I did it in September 2012. I also occasionally eat Kashi bars.
    I've never ordered anything online. Sorry I couldn't be of any help!

I hope your juice comes in soon so that you can start the program! Do post often and let us know how things are going. After all we're all here to help one another to reach our optimum health!
  • I got everything ordered. I found the complete color program on ebay for $20 and was emailed right to me. My juice and bars should arrive by Thursday. So I will start TO on Monday next. I'm trying out the Grab1 Bars. If I don't like them as much as the old ones I'll get Kashi bars when I run out.

I love Knudsen's Morning Blend! It has all the "P" fruits which is funny because it makes you go go Go!

Good luck on your weigh in. Whatever the out come may be, I know you will prevail! You have too positive of an attitude not to
  • Hey Trying, I'm glad you've come to add your experiences to this thread.

I like the caramel nut Grab 1 bars, the regular caramel are good, but the chocolate crunch bars are rather disappointing. The berry blast bars are awful---like eating berry cough syrup-flavored bars.

Costco.com usually has good prices on the LAWL stuff as well, if you have a membership.
  • okay...
    I still don't have new batteries. I forgot to buy them yesterday! lol
    It's a good thing.
    However, my jeans are still fitting nice and loose. It doesn't feel snug anywhere and that makes me believe that I didn't mess things up too badly.

I can't wait to hear all about your weight loss, Trying! I believe that you'll succeed.

Tracy... how are things working out with the 35+ diet? I hope you're getting the results you're after. I also hope that the weight is starting to come off quickly. Please let us know how it's going.

I have to admit.... since the birthday celebrations and then TOM and not having my scale working, I've been taking advantage of things. I've been eating whatever I want and as much as I wanted. No portion control. I over did it on starches... I know I did... but I was looking for comfort foods. The crazy weather didn't help either.
    Also, I ended up having company over for longer than I thought I would and I couldn't follow LAWL properly. I also didn't drink enough water.
    How's THAT for falling off the wagon? It was supposed to be ONE day of celebrations and I gave myself wiggle room. I didn't expect the company to stay as long as they did.

Today.... despite not having a scale to know where I'm at..... I'm going to watch what I eat and get back to measuring and weighing. I am also going to drink at least 4 glasses of water. I've got to get back and either get to 135 lbs or start my 'stabilization' phase. I never really did that and I'm a little scared.
  • I'm trying my best but I'm not trying too hard. It's been a crazy busy week and I have not been eating as well as i should be. In fact, I've hardly consumed and veggies!
    Agh.
    Today is really busy as well with serious baking and decorating for a school fundraiser.
    AFter this, everything will slow down a bit and I'll get back into normal life.
    Actually life would have been normal all along if things didn't get messed up when I had the company over. I'm still trying to get back on my feet after that. I knew all these things were going to happen in the last part of the week.
  • Yikes.... but not too bad.
    I gained some weight and have to get back to where I want to be to start stabilization.
    Current weight: 141.5
    Goal (again): 140.0
    1.5 lbs to go.

Then I'll reassess it again and see if I want to stay here or go down to 135 lbs
    Wish me luck.

How are you guys doing?
  • Ok ladies, tomorrow is the day I restart my LAWL diet. I've got everything ready for TO and my food journal filled out through next monday with corresponding foods purchased. I also got a Fitbit one and a Fitbit aria (thanks to unexpected money)I will try very hard to get on here every night if possible. I'm so excited to be doing this again (thats the truth with a slight hint of sarcasm).

I'm so glad to have y'all to bounce thoughts off of!