3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss #67

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 10:20 AM   #31

Hi guys!!!

Tab- I love Las Vegeas. You guys will have a blast. Have you been before?

I am having a hard time on the gold plan!!! I really prefer to eat a pescetarian diet. It's the wine and cheese that has caused my weight gain!!! I've been trying to eat some meat and poultry, but my stomach is upset all of the time. Why other type of eating plans does LAWL offer?
Old 05-07-2003, 11:07 AM   #32

Happy Hump Day Everyone....

Well let me tell you I went to the Spring Fling last night and you all know me....I hit the dessert table. I know I am soooo close to goal but I could not stay away. I don't even want to say what I ate. But I am going to confess...I did eat a plain hamburger...no bun just plain. I had apple pie, carrot cake, chocolate cake, brownies and lemon cake...and then went back for seconds on the apple pie...hey it is a fruit..it is apples right...*smile* Anyhow...I just can't contain myself when I am around that stuff. So tonight lets see how the old weigh in goes. I am not really upset...I could have stop myself...but I didn't. Ohhh I also had candy...jelly beans and a peanut butter egg....mmm mm good....you know I love my peanut better. So Ok I confused..I feel better...*smile* I am back on plan today and drinking my water.

Lvegeais...No I have never been to Vegas before. I am excited. I dont' know if we should find a package deal or just book on our own. How have you made your plans in the past? What does the Gold plan consist of. I am on the Red Plan and have been on it for 6 months. I think the food is the same...just different size portions and I think you have one less startch than me. I totally understand about the wine and cheese. I love sweets and peanut butter...and when I am around them something just takes over my body. Sorry I may sound silly but what is a pescetarian diet?? I don't think LA offers any other eating plans You just need to find the right food combination that works for you. You eat what is on that gold card until you get to stabilization. That is why I am sooo excited about going to stabilization on Saturday...you get some different food choices added in over the next 4 weeks before I go to maintenance. I have found that I eat a lot of soy products. I love the Morning Star burgers and the Boca Burgers...and I even like Turkey. I did eat a hamburger last night and that kinda messed up my stomach...or it could have been all the cakes and pies I had....*smile* but anyhow talk with your center and see what they advise you to do. Doesn't sound right with you stomach hurting...maybe it is going to take you body sometime to get used to this way of eating. I am in such a groove with how I eat...that I don;t find it hard anymore....I don't even bother trying to eat the limited startches....I stick with the good ole melba toast and unsalted rice cakes...what options...*smile* The lack of variety has been the hardest for me on this diet...I even bought the cookbook to help....and I have yet to make anything. Maybe one day.....

Kim....Where are you??? Hope your personnal trainer has not put you in too much pain...*smile* Let us know the progress...it has been one week.

Dianem1...How are things going?

Just trying to figure out where everyone is. Feel like I am taking up the whole board about my sweet cravings....

Well everyone enjoy the day and I will check back in later....
Old 05-07-2003, 01:41 PM   #33

Hi Tab:
Just going through a bad couple of days. Trying to get to that groove that your are in. The Boca burgers are not that bad I had one yesterday. Did you keep a food diary during your weight loss? Did you do much damage to the dessert cart?
Lisa there is a vegetarian plan you can ask about.
Diane
Old 05-07-2003, 01:56 PM   #34

Hi Dianem1...Hang in there...we all have bad days....believe me...at a certain time of the month I seem to be queen of bad days. You will find your groove and it will work for you. Yes...I have kept 6 months worth of food diaries. I look back now and see how strict i was on myself in the beginning and now I see how I slack a little more. But like I said Saturday is it....then I start stabilization. Ohhhhh I did some damage but I could have done more......I love love love sweets.....and I just put a small dent...if I was thinking I would have wiped out the whole apple pie instead of just a quarter...*smile*

Hang in there...we are here for you!!
Old 05-07-2003, 10:38 PM   #35
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Red face I am baaaaaaaaack

Hi ladies....

"There is no try, there is only DO" Yoda

Old 05-07-2003, 10:47 PM   #36
You can do it!!!!

man....did not mean to do that...anyways, I am back....and with a vengence. I have missed everyone.....but, I actully have kept reading. I stopped doing LA March 19th...and have gained back...UGH...10 lbs.

So, I am back on juice for the three day starting Thursday. Just wanted to let ya know, I am back.....

Old 05-08-2003, 07:31 AM   #37

Good morning Ladies...

Hope everyone is doing Ok today. I am doing great because today is my Friday....no work for me tomorrow....gonna take a day of relaxation. Actually not really my friends little girl is turning one next weekend so we are going shopping for party stuff.

Well I didn't make it to weigh in last night. Our area was getting hit with some ferocious storms last nights. Tornado warnings and all. Soooo I was at the gym when all this was happening and our center closes at 7pm so I just stayed and did more cardio waiting for the rain to calm down....It finally did around 7:10 or sooo. I figured the extra cardio would not hurt me after the sweet binge I had Tuesday night.....and weighing in one day later may also be a good thing too. So I will go to center tonight to weigh and then me and my hubby have a dinner date at good ole Ruby Tuesday for salad bar. He works Fri, Sat, and Sunday so tonight is our time. I should actually do good on my diet this weekend because he is working and I have no scheduled events to attend. It is a pretty free weekend for me. I think me and one of my friends may go out country line dancing on Saturday night but that is about it. And that is exercise.

Monkeybabies....Welcome back!! Glad to hear from you again...we have missed ya. I am sure once you start with the juice and get your eating back on track you will shed those pounds. Did you go on vacation or did you just take a break? Are you going back to the center or are you doing this at home on your own?

Well I have an early meeting this morning which runs till the afternoon and they are going to have pastries....I am going to try really reallly hard to past them up....but...it is a sweet....I have had my coffee and I am hoping that will cure me. Fingers crossed..I keep thinking that I have to weigh in tonight don't do it. Let see who wins...the good food angel or the nasty one. Everyone have a great day and I will try and check back in today before I leave for the weekend.

Have a good one!!
Old 05-08-2003, 10:06 AM   #38

Hi,

Sorry i've been MIA but I have been going through a depression phase since the weekend. I did loose 3# last week and manage to keep it off even though I've been eating nothing but P&J sandwichs on lite bread. But as of yesterday i'm back in the land of living.

Glad to see everyone is doing well and keeping up the consistency.

Kathy
Old 05-08-2003, 11:42 AM   #39

Tab:
Thanks for the support.
You've come along way, Do you think stabilization will be harder or a relief? I did take my food diary back out again.
Diane
Old 05-08-2003, 01:28 PM   #40

I'm Back!!!

After being out for a couple of days, it's been hard to get back into the swing of things. I really took a break from everything. I didn't even workout the last 4 days! But I'm OK with it. It's good to see the board so active, it's been hard trying to catch-up with the reading.

Tab-I'm still here just been out of the office since Friday. It was a well needed rest from work. I can't say I did anything exciting but just being off was a pleasure for me all within itself. Anyway, I see you're still beating up on yourself. You've made such great accomplishments with your weight lost, why, why, why are we women never satisfied. It must be a part of our makeup. Anyway, I don't start the trainer until next week, Tuesday to be exact. I'm so looking forward to hurting, my legs and upper arms were on fire for 4 days after we got through with just a "see where you are" type workout. So I can only imagine how I'm going to be after the 1st week. Hangin there Tab--you know you're are hero!

Kitkat-What is wrong with YOU?!? You need to snap out of that and move on to the next battle. I hope the depression wasn't about the weight. We have all proved faithfully that we do mess-up but we strenghten each other and move on. So lets keep moving Kitkat! No more MIA.

Monkeybabies-Welcome back. I haven't written in 5 days and it feels like forever. I'm sure with that attitude you'll get that 10 lbs off quickly.

lvegeais-You sound determined. I've gotta start writing down everything I put in my mouth. That was one thing the trainer asked that I do before we start next week and I haven't done it. I'm going to go back and try and piece together this week only and hopefully he won't get on me to bad. You keep that determination and you'll reach your goal soon!

Hi Diane-I hope all is well with you.

Well, I have more than enough work to keep me busy for the rest of this day and many more to come. I'll check back later or I'll write tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:18 PM   #41
You can do it!!!!

Default A ?

Kimbo....I read about you taking the seasilver supplement... whorecommended it to you??? ANd what made you try it?

I have been doing some research on vitamin supplements...and there is just so much out there...Does anyone else have any facts or suggestions. Should I take just a multivitamin??? Or, do I need more than that.

LA tried to get me to try the Tri MAX...I was all set to buy it..but then she asked for $106.00. I almost fainted....I can't do that yet. SO, I started to find an alternative to TriMax (I have the nutritinal value lable) and have found some supplements that are comparable.

I just don't want to waste any more money...do supplements really work..and do you think they are necessary? Thanks...
Old 05-08-2003, 05:47 PM   #42

Hi Monkeybabies,

I've been using Seasilver for almost 4 weeks now and I really like it. Before buying I do suggest that you checkout there website and read all it has to offer. I have never been able to take vitamins in the form of a pill, but I've actually gotten use to taking this liquid vitamin every morning.

Since I'm a morning person, it gives me that added push that I need to get going during my workout time. My endurance level has increased and I'm sure this has helped. The cost is $40 a bottle which should last you for a month in a half. That's only if you're taking it once a day. If you're in bad need of a boast than I do suggest taking it twice a day but of course you run out faster. My girlfriend & I are thinking about going in together and becoming distributors for ourselves. We're not really interested in selling but it's a lot cheaper when you're a distributor. We need to come up with $300 for 12 bottles, which is not bad at all. But I dare not ask DH for another nickel. He's given me so much support financially when it comes to my WL efforts, I just can't ask him for another dime so, we're trying to raise the money through fundraisers.

Also, another friend wanted me to try Naomi juice, which is similar in it's effects as Seasilver. Naomi juice is only sold by distributor and I've never heard any advertisement on the radio for it, so when I was approached about using Seasilver, I didn't hesistate because of all the good things I heard about it.

Anyway, I had been meaning to order some when a mother at my church gave me the information regarding it. Since I've changed my eating habits I've really felt the need to add a supplement to my diet.

I'm one of those who never really believed in vitamins but this product has made me a believer. I hope you get the opportunity to try it.

I hope this helps and hopefully I don't sound like a sales person because I'm really not.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:58 AM   #43

Good morning,

I thought I would check in before going to the gym this morning. I hope all have a wonderful day and I'll write later.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:19 AM   #44
You can do it!!!!

Kimbo....Thanks for the information on the seasilver...it sounds to good to be true....but it is nice to hear that it is working for you. I checked out the website, and from those testimonials...it sounds like it works for a lot of people. I know about asking hubby for more $$$...so let m eknow if you become a distributer...I would definitely buy some from ya.

Well...my first day of the 3 day went o.k....I had a rip roaring headache (which I did not have last time) and woke up with it...ugh. But beside that...I peed a million times, so I feel lighter just by the water weight flowing out.

Anyways...hope every one is having a HAPPY FRIDAY. ANd for those of you who are mothers, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

I will check back later.

Old 05-09-2003, 02:23 PM   #45

Hi Gina:
I decided to do the three day also. So far so good.
Wow kim your center charges alot for the tri-max my center I think charges 89.00
Kathy keep positive.
Tab are you getting ready for that stabilization?
Diane
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.