3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weight Loss #66

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 10:02 AM   #61

Kitkat...You are proably right I do need to do some different type of exercise....I think my body has gotten used to my routine. I have added a toning class and kickboxing class. I am not much of one to workout at home. I have workout videos and to be honest I sit on the couch and watch them. I prefer to go to the gym. I get my motivation from seeing others work out. Plus I like the conversation with other people.

That Slim in 6 looks pretty intense......you have to let us know how it works. Maybe give us some pointers after you get it. Seems to cover all muscle groups...you should get a great workout.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:03 PM   #62

Good morning/afternoon ladies,

It appears to be a beautiful day today. I'm so fustrated with work til I just don't know what to do. My hubbie said I need a vacation and I believe that he's right but I've never worked at a place so disfunctional in every area of the department. Have you ever known a whole group to be looking for new jobs? You would think management would take a look at themselves but they don't feel like anything is wrong with them!

I'm counting down to 3 more days when the temp leaves, and I can't wait. She stop speaking to me and I'm glad, I just don't have time for a woman in her 50's acting like a child. Oh well, that's enough venting.

Tab-sorry to here about your gain but I really believe it's muscle weight for you. Would you be satisfy with muscle or do you want the weight off? I don't think you can eat any less than what you're doing. Soon your body will start crying for food and storing what little you're eating. You've made a great accomplishment so rather than thinking about that 5lbs. remember where you've come from and how far you've gotten! I know it's not easy but you'll get there when your body is ready to release the weight. Stay encourage, we're here to support you.

KitKat-That gold plan sounds rough! Take it one day at a time and if you feel like it's to less of food, increase your exercise and eat more. That's what I do when I'm yoyoing between a couple of pounds. It usually helps and I'm sore for days afterwards, like now! Hangin there, Tab & I are here for you!

Ladies, have you've noticed that we're the only three posting lately, what happen to the crew. There was at least 5/6 of us posting. Hopefully, they haven't fallen off the wagon. Anyway, I enjoy coming to this site everyday readying your words of encouragement, it's been a great help to me. I haven't had this kinda determination in a long time and I do have the support of this site to thank along with my family.

You girls have a wonderful day and I'll check back later!
Old 04-23-2003, 09:40 AM   #63

Hi everyone,

Tab- I hear ya on not being the type to stay home and work out. But let me know what happens w/ those last few pounds after you vamp up your workout. What are you usual 3 starches each day?

Kimbova- I have also noticed that we are the only people posting. I know when I'm not doing to well w/ the diet I shy away from the boards, I hope everyone is doing ok. What plan are you on? I seem to be the only one that is on the Gold plan for some reason. Now what kind of office drama do you have going on over there? lol

Kathy
Old 04-23-2003, 09:56 AM   #64

Kathy:
I am still here, I have just not had the time to post much lately.
Let us know how the slim series works out.
Diane
Old 04-23-2003, 10:14 AM   #65

Good morning!!

Well...last night I went and did it. I totally splurged. I just said the **** with it. I ate cookies, candy, and ice cream. Actually I went to a friends house for dinner and she has 3 kids...which means 3 Easter baskets...and let me tell you. I totally binged. She fixed a great dinner but to be honest I wanted the sweets. You name it I ate it. And to be honest it felt sooooooooo good. Tonight is weigh-in and oh well. Yes I care but let me tell you...I feel really good. I am not tired...and I feel satisfied. I know that might sound crazy and tonight as soon as I stepped on the scale I will hate myself....but...what can I do. I am back on track today. But I always do that I can binge and then get right back on track.

KitKat....I proably have more than a few lbs to go now....but I will keep everyone posted. Usually my 3 startches are 1 piece of light wheat toast for breakfast, 1 serving of melba toast for lunch, and usually a rice cake for dinner. I have totally given up pasta, rice and potatoes...and to be honest I really don't miss them that much. What do you have as your startches? We all have sorta the same diet...it is neat to see how everyone incorporates it into their life.

Kim....I would hope that it would be muscle weight but I just don't know. I would like to lose the last few lbs but I know muscle weighs more than fat and the more muscule you have the leaner you will look...I know...but I just can't get that through my big fat head *smile* Anyhow....today is a new day and I am ready for what ever the scale my say tonight.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 04-23-2003, 12:08 PM   #66

Good day Ladies,

...and I hope all is well with everyone!

Hi Diane--glad you're back, we're holding down the fort here.

KitKat--I'm not really doing the LAWL plan right now. I'm kinda doing my own thing. I'm so hooked on carbs that I've had to take a break from them, it's like if I start my body just craves for that stuff, so they really wouldn't like the eating plan I'm on right now but it's working for me. I to, like Tab, have cut out rice, pasta, potatoes and even bread for me. I can't just have a portion size and stop so I've had to change. I do plan on going back to LAWL but I know how I am so I must do this for a while.

Tab-I'm glad you don't feel bad about it. I know it's hard. I do easter bags for my nieces and serveral persons at my church every year. This year, I had 7 bags of all kinda candy, with the exception of 1 person who is on a diet but I still wanted to give her something, she's doing LAWL, so I found out what she likes and went and picked-up a couple of things. It was so hard for me not to touch that stuff but I was determined not to, I was a happy person when that stuff left my house Sunday. You've done so well and you will continue to do well so don't fret about this little splurge.

Today, I was talking to a girl in the gym whom I hadn't seen in a couple of weeks. She's normally faithful everyday. She just decided to give her body a break and ended up losing 10lbs without trying. Is it possible that we're over-working our bodies to the point we're not giving it enough time to lose that extra weight? I don't know, but one thing I do know is at anytime I've taken a 3/5 day break, I do usually lose. What do you girls think of that?

I'll check back later for responses?
Old 04-23-2003, 02:57 PM   #67

Good afternoon everyone...I just have to post that I had the best workout today...I bet it was from all the sugar I had last night. I had lots of energy. But I am dreading that scale this evening...yikes...I have been totally OP today so I am heading in the right direction

everyone have a great night and I will check in tomorrow morning with the bad news....
Old 04-24-2003, 08:57 AM   #68

Good morning ladies....

Well I had weigh in last night and it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. After all the junk I ate (the dozen sugar bunny cookies, gummy bears, twizzlers, dots, chocolate eggs w/ peanut butter, the bowl of ice cream, and the chocolate covered cashews) I only gained 4oz. Now last week I ate totally OP and I gained 4lbs. Can someone explain this to me??? *smile* I am hoping to see a loss after TOM next week.

I plan to stay on plan this whole weekend. My husband will not be home he starts new job this weekend and has to work 8am to 8pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My husband is very supportive of my weightloss.....he just like to go out and eat what he calls "Real Foods" he pretty much follows the diet. I will cook what ever he wants and sometimes I do give him rice and potatoes....usually he just says make him whatever I am having. So when we go out for this "real food" i have a tendency to eat off plan....soooooo this weekend I plan to go shopping with girlfriends....to be honest I will proably have more sabatoge with them than my husband...*smile*

Saturday night I am going to a b-day party and then we are going out dancing. I plan to show up after they eat the pizza and junk food. And since I don't drink I will be the designated driver. I quite drinking when I saw all the wasted empty calories. I would rather have some twizzlers than a mixed drink. I tell you I love my sweets.

Well I will check back in later...I am off tomorrow and I plan to go shopping at Hechts. They are having a sale and I have coupons. Need new clothes soooo I plan to spend some money...*smile* Hubby works all weekend and I spend the money.

Have a good day!
Old 04-24-2003, 09:34 AM   #69

Good Morning,

I've been good for this week, but not perfect.

Tab- I just redid my diet so my starches will come from 1/2c oatmeal in the morning and a WW, Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice frozen entree for lunch. Sounds like your heading for a quite a weekend. Enjoy it GF!

Kim-I don't go to the LAWL centers anymore so i'm not exactly doing them either. I'm doing sought of a WW/LAWL thing, and see if it works. I'm so tired of the quick fixes i've been doing lately and nothing seems to work so i'm just going to chill out for a while and eat sensible and see if that will do the trick.

Diane- i'm glad your back OP.

Kathy
Old 04-24-2003, 09:54 AM   #70

Good morning all!

Tab-that sounds like a good job, go shopping and spend all the money! I want to go shopping so bad but I just don't want to before losing more weight. It's killing me not to but I have such a determination to get the weight off this time that I don't want to buy clothes now. Even though I hate how I look in my clothes, I would rather send the money on a personal trainer, which is what I'm asking for for my birthday. I'm trying to get 16/20 weeks in order to really see the difference. The trainers at gym look so young, college age. Anyway, I know I see changes in my body but it's just not enough, I guess I'm wanting it fast because of the weather change. I need to get a grip! My hubbie is going to Philly to see his grandfather this weekend. He's been very sick with terminal cancer so every opportunity he gets in the next couple of weeks will be spent there. I'm glad he's taking the time to spend with family so there will be no regrets.

Hi Kathy & Diane--I hope all is well with both of you. Kathy, there is always office drama over here, so much so that I can't stand it to much more. I even think my manager is looking for a new job!

It's such a beautiful day today, I really just want to leave early but I'm trying to hold out today and leave early tomorrow. I'm off May 5 & 6 and I'm so looking forward to it. I haven't had a day off since the early part of February and that was sick leave, so I'm really feeling it!

Until later, you ladies have a wonderful day
Old 04-24-2003, 02:20 PM   #71

Kimbo:
I have not been doing much of La either, I am just trying to eat better and feel good about myself. Its hard sometimes to stick to a restricted plan when you have things going on.
I am trying to get a grip also, some days are better than others.
But I just keep trying.
Tab enjoy the shopping, I have been putting the shopping off also.
Kathy I am just looking to get some since, I think I lost it somewhere.
Diane
Old 04-24-2003, 03:35 PM   #72

OK Ladies,

I'm dealing with constipation at this point. I haven't been since Sunday and I'm feeling really bloated right now. Is there anything I can take to make me go. I know a big part is because I'm not eating a lot but this is the worst.

I feel so tired, any advice?
Old 04-24-2003, 05:52 PM   #73

Kimbo:
Sometimes I'd have a bowl of Fiber One cereal. Or I use the Dieters Tea and that works really well. If you like prunes have those.
The energy I think you have to eat better to get that back.
Take care
Diane
Old 04-25-2003, 09:25 AM   #74

Good morning Ladies,

Thank God it's Friday!!

I'm truly doing the happy dance right now. I hope to leave early today and I'm excited about that.

Diane-thanks for the advise, I'll try the dieters tea and try to stay home. I've been doing meal replacement shakes at least once a day and that has really helped. I'm not a scale hopper so it's been a while since I weighed myself. I did go a little yesterday but it was a strain and I don't like that .

Tab-I spoke with a personal trainer today. I'm signing up! I would love to go for 24 weeks but I really can't afford that right now but I spoke with my hubbie and he said he'd give that to me as a birthday gift. So today, I have to give him the prices. To me they are not bad but he might think differently. When I was single I hired a personal trainer and paid $800 a month, this one is $1100 for 16 weeks and $1457 for 24 weeks. He'll probably only say 16 for now and see how faithful I am to this and that's OK with me because I know if he sees results he'll be OK with me taking another 16 weeks. So I'm excited and scared about that. The trainer is a real nice guy and seams to be the best out of all the trainers I've seen. I have my first consultation next Thursday at 6AM. You think I could lose a 100 lbs by then

Kathy-How are you today? Let's keep up those good eating habits throughout the weekend and keep working off those pounds!

I'll try to check back later but if I don't, ladies, have a great weekend!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.