3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weight Loss #66

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 06:02 AM   #46

Good morning ladies,

I decided to stop in the office before going to the gym this morning, so I'm posting early. Allergies have really been kicking my butt this week. I have when the weather is back and forth, nice one day and cold the next. But I guess I have no choice but to deal with it.

Anyway, it's been a good week so far, I've stayed on plan and I'm thinking about going into LAWL this weekend. I've lost more since I put my membership on hold than I did when I was going once a week. We'll see how the week goes, and I really hate to lose money. I didn't pay a lot for the 9 mos but wasted money is just that I don't care if its a dollar.

I hope everyone is doing well, my job is crazy as usual. I'm really considering looking but I just hate getting back in that mode of sending resumes and all but it's not getting better but worse. And when your manager tells you she's not gonna be here long and shes only been here for 3 months than there are major issues that are not just in my head.

Time to go and shake what the Lord gave me!

Until later, have a great morning

Kimbo
Old 04-17-2003, 06:03 AM   #47

Please excuse all the errors, rushing doesn't help.

Kimbo
Old 04-17-2003, 08:10 AM   #48

Unhappy

Good morning everyone!!

I was at home yesterday enjoying the day. It was so nice. And now look at today....windy and cold.

Well I weighed in again yesterday and I was up....I don't know what to think....I know that TOM is in 12 days. Can you gain wait that soon before TOM? I have been exercising and I have been on plan except I can tell that TOM is coming because I got my darn peanut butter cravings back. Soooo I have had a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter but not a total of 3lbs. Because if I eat the peanut butter I will count as a fat and some of my protein.....sooooo....That is what I have gained since Saturday.....that is soooooo crazy. I am not upset because to be honest...I think my new clothes the ones I just bought are a tad to big....maybe it is muscle...I have been doing heavy weights just some toning....who knows....as long as I don't gain too much. I really want to lose these last 5lbs...but last month I did the same...I went up and down and then right after TOM I lost the 4.8lbs....so I will see in 3 weeks so until then I will just stay on track and do the best I can.

Kim....Wow you are at work early this morning. I know what you mean about the resume thing. I have several times thought about looking for jobs but I just don't want to do the resume.
If you go back to LAWL maybe you can talk with them about the weighing in 3x a week. Since you have been doing sooo well they will see that you are losing and you have not been to them in several weeks. I would try to work something out with them. Have you started the new gym at home yet? If so, how is it going?

Kitkat....I know what you mean about quick fixes. I want to lose this last 5lbs that I would do almost anything. But I know that if I am patient that it will come off....soooo I am hanging in there with you. I say I am not worried because I hate to beat myself up over these gains. But on the inside it is killing me. I am trying to understand....WHY!!!

Dianem1....Glad to hear that you are back on track. How often do you weigh in? I go 3x a week because the center is so close. But I hear people on Monday night when they are leaving the center say "See you on Saturday" Your right you have paid the money and they can't tell you not to come. I just think you should few comfortable about going in and weighing 3x a week. Also, it needs to fit into our busy schedule.

Well eveyone have a great day! I will check back in later.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:54 AM   #49

Good morning again,

Yes, I'm an early riser. I get up at 4:30 just about every morning but I don't start working out until 6 AM. It's such a habit with me that I can't seam to stay in that bed later. Workout was real good this morning. I was able to get a little more in because I got there a little earlier. Anyway, I'm tired now! That burst of energy don't always come right after for me, it's usually an hour or two later.

Tab-I did start with the other gym and it's great. I just wish I had more time to go, so far I'm only making it 2 days out of the week and I wanted a minimum of 3. Because I do the aerobic class 2 days, it doesn't allow me to go to the gym. I really could give up the aerobic class but I do it for my nieces, they enjoy it and it gives them some exercise, so I continue to go. Tab, I'm sure that it's muscle weight, you know that muscle weights more than fat, so take your time and you'll get there, but I do know how you feel. That's when my obsession starts to take over me, but don't you let it.

Kitkat--How are you today? and yes, the April exercise challenge is great! It really keeps me on my toes and it also makes me aware of my workout times, which I never did, I was only concerned about the calories burned.

dianem1-congrats for finally being on track! Once we make up our minds to do it, we can. You're right about LAWL, but one thing about me, I do better when I don't feel pressure to get on the scale. I am not a scale person, I will go 3 weeks or more before getting on the scale and I think that's what bothers me. But I'll see this weekend.

Have a great day!
Old 04-17-2003, 09:38 AM   #50

Hi everyone,

Diane-congrats on being back on track!

Kimbova-When used to go to the centers, I went whenever I could. Sometimes I went 3x, most times I went 2x, or even 1x. You have already paid, they aren't going to take your memebership from you, firmly tell them, that once a week works for you and if you can make it more in that week you will, if not once a week will be fine. They have to accomodate you.

Tab-It could be TTOTM that's holding you back. I feel symptoms 2wks before it actually comes. I'm glad you have a clear head and are holding steady. It will be off sooner than you know. Congrats though, not to many people make it to where you are, waiting to loose those last 5#.

I've been doing ok, could be a little better to today i'm totally cleaning up my diet, no more little treats, and i'm trying to be 100% sugar free.

Kathy
Old 04-17-2003, 10:35 AM   #51

Kitkat....I am trying to hold steady...and if I posted how I was really feeling you all would think I am crazy...so I am trying to keep a positive attitude...because losing and regaining the sane 5lbs can drive a person insane...and I am trying to keep my witts about this whole thing. Wow....100% sugar free that is tough...sugar is the thing I crave the most. Let us know how you do...

Kim...I am already obsessed!! *smile* But I am trying not to let it get to me...really I am...
Old 04-18-2003, 09:19 AM   #52

Good morning all!

Thank God it's Friday!

I've had the temp from **** for the last couple of weeks and I will be so glad when her assignment is over. Anyway, shes an older lady who has lost a many jobs and feels the world is against her, she's driving me crazy. Another week and it's over.

I started running this week for the first time in a long long time and it was a challenge but I was able to do it 3 times this week for 25-30 minutes. Everything hurts but I feel like thats a good thing. I sweat more on the treadmill than I do on other equipment for an hour and I burn around the same amount of calories.

Anyway, I'm off on Monday and I'm looking forward to it, I just need to get through today and I know that I will. I'm also thinking about hiring a personal trainer after I lose 25 more lbs. I really think I need a little more structure in my workouts.

Well, I might not post again today but I'll check in. I have training and meetings for most of the day.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 04-18-2003, 08:58 PM   #53

Hi,

I just popped on to wish everyone a great weekend!

I'm just so bummed, I beginning to think i'm incapable of loosing weight. I keep bouncing back from 174-177# which i'm back to now. I just so hopeless. I'm not giving up though. What alternative do I have?

I think i'm going to try to go back to doing 2 staches aday and see what happens.

Does anyone ate those lean cuisine, healthy choice, etc? If so do you loosing eating them, i'm not much of a cook.lol

kathy
Old 04-21-2003, 07:52 AM   #54

Hello Ladies!!

Happy Easter! I know I am a day late but I hope everyone had a great day.

I had a good weigh in on Saturday but again it was first thing in the morning and right after I got done working out. And after our Easter yesterday I am sure that I put the weight back on.

I find that I crave sweets. Yesterday at Easter dinner i had a piece of grilled chicken and some salad...I passed on the mashed potatoes, pasta salad, rolls, corn and deviled eggs just so I could eat dessert. I didn't care about the food I wanted the sweets. I made a wonderful lemon blueberry trifle. It was a big hit....and I had two helpings...and then I munched on jelly beans and Doves dark chocolate miniuture eggs...ohhh yeah let me not forget the chocolate cupcake ..... they were sooooo good. I think I need to talk with the center about my sweet cravings. There has to be something to help me control them. And I can't even blame it on TOM. I crave sweets/sugar all the time. More so at TOM. I even went out and bought the WW ice cream sundaes....I paid $5 for 4 little cups...and to be honest it was not good...so i dumped heresheys chocolate syrup on top...I know..how bad that is...but I can't control myself.

Kitkat....dont get discouraged. Dieting is hard. If it was easy then we would all be thin. I think everyone has good and bad days. We just need to try and have more good than bad. I eat Lean Cuisine, WW and healthy choice....not all the time. When I need the variety I will eat one of the frozen meals with a salad. I always eat them for lunch...why?? because of the sodium...I like to eat at lunch so I can drink the hot lemon water to flush out my system.

Kim...I run almost everyday too. I run 3 to 4 miles when I do run. And to be honest I find that it has toned my legs. Now, when I first started running I hated it. I would run for like 2 minutes and then walked 6 minutes....and when I worked my up I just started to run the full 3 or 4 miles. It all depends on how I feel. Some days I dread the treadmill....so my other favorite thing at the gym is the stepmill. It is like walking moving steps..it is great and let me tell you I work up such a sweat and I get an awesome workout. I think hiring a personal trainer is a great thing. It will boost up your workout. I know that I need to lift weights more....but I just find that I like doing the cardio stuff. I met with my personal trainer last Wed...and he told me some little hints to help lose these last 5lbs. So I will be lifting....light weights....

Well everyone have a great day and I will check back in later!
Old 04-21-2003, 08:55 AM   #55

Good morning ladies,

I shouldn't be writing today, I should be home in my bed or working out around the way. My supervisor asked me to come in today because of a meeting with DC Govt and boy am I crying about that!

I had a wonderful Easter but of course I ate too much. My sister-in-law invited us over and I thought, well, they’d have something I can eat, especially with my brother having high blood pressure & a diabetic, but not so!! Everything there was fatting, just delicious and horrible at the same time. I actually feel bad this morning and could barely get through my workout, but I was determining I wouldn't allow that machine to get the best of me. Today, I don't even want to see anything high in calories, my plan today is to drink meal replacement shakes for at least 2 meals and go to the gym again this evening. I haven't felt this miserable in a long time.

Kitkat-It definitely gets discouraging but you've got to hang in there. Are you checking your portion sizes? And yes, I did do LC & WW meals but the sodium level is really high so if you retain water than they would not be the best things for more than 2/3 meals a week. Maybe you're eating to much for your weight range, there are so many aspects to look at but you'll find out what’s wrong and go on from there. Hang in there, we're with you!

Tab-I'm still hurting for running 4 days last week, I really think it gives you an all over workout but I'm paying for it. I haven't gotten into counting miles yet, since I'm a beginner. I'm only running on a speed of 5.0, which I know isn't really fast because I can speed walk up to 4.6 but I feel like I need to start some where. Today, I did the cross trainer for 45 minutes which like to had kill me because of me overeating yesterday, but I was determine. This week, I'm only going to run 2/3 days and see if I can go for more than 25-30 minutes. I've seen those stepmill and even tried it for 5 minutes one day and that thing had me gasping for air. That's the only thing in the gym that I'm not daring enough to try consistently. There's one lady that does it 6 days a week for 20 minutes at a very high speed and her legs are so nice but I just couldn't do it. She did tell me that she's worked up to that and she goes so fast because she prefers to get it over with quickly.

Anyway, you ladies have a great day and I'll check back later.

Kimbo
Old 04-21-2003, 04:56 PM   #56

Hi everyone,

I'm just writing a quick note to check in today. I'm doing much better than this past weekend. I'm going to stick to the Gold plan and we'll see what happens, i'm not giving up!

Thanks,

Kathy
Old 04-22-2003, 09:18 AM   #57

Good Morning Ladies....

Well I don't really want to talk about weigh in last night. Lets just say I gained several lbs. I think and I am hoping that it is just pre-TOM because when the counselor saw the gain and then looked in my journal she was like "there is no way you could have gained that...you didn't eat that much"....soooooooo I know I was not good on Easter but....I was not that bad. And last night I just felt all fat and bloated when I went to weigh in. The week before TOM is just pure **** for me.......anyhow...enough about that....

Kitkat...What does the gold plan consist of??? I am glad that you are doing better...I am having a tough week myself...but it helps to come here to vent. Thanks for being here.

Kim...Well that is horrible that you had to work. I hope the meeting went well and you accomplished something. I hate those meetings that are set up and accomplish nothing. I have a meeting to day at 1pm...right at my gym time....So I have to go running early at 11am to be back and have lunch before 1pm. And this may be one of those non accomplishing meetings.

At our gym we joke and call the stepmill "****". Because we feel as if we are in **** when we are doing it. But I have to say I have worked up to level 10 for 30 minutes and it is the best workout that I can get at the gym. Yesterday I had no energy so both of my workouts were not good. And boy did the scale show it. When I run I like to run slow for a longer period of time. I am not good at sprinting. I can run 5 miles but if you want me to sprint and run I am dying. My trainer told me I need to put some sprinting into my run....so the last time I ran which was Sunday...I ran at like 8.0 for a minute....towards the end of my run...thank goodness because I thought I was not going to make it. So I might try it again today....but you know I will be off my work out schedule so I don't know how my run will be today.

Well everyone have a great day and I will check back in later. Where is everyone???
Old 04-22-2003, 09:33 AM   #58

Hi Tab,

I'm sorry you had a gain, but your probably right it's just TTOTM. The Gold plan consist of 2starches and 2proteins, but I have 3proteins because 2 is entirely too low. What plan are you on?

How's everyone else doing?

Kathy
Old 04-22-2003, 09:44 AM   #59

Hi KitKat....Let's hope it is just TOM...these last 5lbs are really starting to fustrate me and to be honest I am ready to give up and go on maintenance. I am on the Red Plan and I can only have 2 1/2 proteins but I get 3 starches. I just sooo depressed about my weight...yes I have accomplished all this but...I can't get to where I want to be. I know maybe my body doesn't want to be at this weight but darn it....I want it there....Sorry I just get going sometimes.....
Old 04-22-2003, 09:49 AM   #60

Tab since your consistent w/ your diet, maybe you could force the 5# off w/ lots of intense exercise. check out www.cathe.com she's so fiered. Also I just ordered the SlimSeries, it's the advance version of Slim in 6: http://www.beachbody.com/jump.jsp?it...0&iSu bCat=68
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.