Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 08:44 AM   #31  

Default Good morning ladies!!

I hope all had a great weekend!

Kathy-how'd you do this weekend, I know we stayed on plan. I hope you're feeling a lot better today.

Tab-how are things going with you? You are definately my hero! Sometimes things look so complex but when we get there we realize it wasn't as hard as we thought. Now the tough part--keeping it off. We think lossing is hard, but I believe keeping it off is tougher. Anyway, congrats on your achievement!

I weighed and measured myself this weekend and to my surpise I was down 11lbs and 15 inches overall. It was truly a great inspiration to me. Total lost 40lbs!! It really boost my ego.

My next small term goal is 9lbs by my birthday, which is May 6, so I'm really going to work on this. After that milestone, it's all down hill from there.

You girls have a great day and keep up the good work!
Old 04-14-2003, 09:39 AM   #32  

Kimbova- Congrats on your loss! ALRIGHT!

I stayed w/ the plan this weekend and didn't stray. I haven't lost any weight yet but i'm going to be a patient girl.

How'd everyone else do?

Kathy
Old 04-14-2003, 10:36 AM   #33  

Hello Ladies!!

Happy Monday!!

Well I did good at Saturdays weigh in. I was down 2lbs. Only 2lbs to go. But as I have said in the past I don't trust my Saturday morning weigh in. Tonight will be the true test. I stayed pretty much on plan....but....I did have ice cream cake....and the center told me to count it as a startch, diary and fat. And I did...so we shall see how I did.

Also, we had company this weekend. My husbands mother. It was a nice visit but I couldn't wait until Sunday morning when she left. I don't know I have only been married not quite 6 months but are all mother-in laws bad. I mean...she had nothing positive to say. I just try to smile but....sometimes I can't. She wasn't all that great towards me before we were married. I don't know...there is a whole lot that I could say about her but I am trying to be nice and not disrespectful.....believe me...me and hubby had a big long talk after she left. I would rather have him go visit her then to have her at our home. It was just bad...that is all I can stay. To be honest I was soooo stressed that I couldn't overeat because my stomach was so upset. I know I shouldn't let her upset me that way....but she does. I won't even mention his sister...that is a totally different story *smile* Thanks goodness she lives in Florida.

Well enough of my compalining......

Kim....WTG....that is totally awesome...I am soooooo happy for you. Yes, seeing those lbs and inches come down in an amazing things. You can keep it all focused when you see the numbers coming down. 9lbs by May 6th very obtainable.....just keep your eye on that prize...you should set a reward for yourself. If you lose 9lbs by your b-day you will buy yourself _______ (fill in the blank). I reward myself. I love shoes....so needless to say...every 5lbs I lose I buy shoes.....my hubby just shakes his head. Keep up the good work...I am routing for you. And I am here if you need support.

Kitkat....Staying OP is a big accomplishment. I was the same weight for 3 weeks and then it just starting coming down. Sometimes I think we shock our bodies and it will react by holding onto the weight or by showing us a loss. So hang in there girl....you will see something.

Well everyone have a great day and I will check back in.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:41 PM   #34  

Great Job Tab!--sometimes those last pounds are the hardest but you're doing it!....Girl, I know about them in-laws, my husbands mom is deceased but I know if she was alive we probably wouldn't be married if she was alive. He's a momma's boy. After 6 years of marriage, I've just started getting along with my husbands sister & brother. They just disliked me for no reason and when asked by my husband why, they could never respond. Anyway, it's been a challenge to the point of not having anything to do with them for years, but thank God things have changed and the sister & I have even developed a relationship. Hangin there, I know it's hard. I use to tell people, if you get along with your in-laws than you're blessed! My father-in-law was the only person who never interferred in our marriage. It was a living **** for almost 4 years.

Kitkat--Great job staying on plan. The weekends are the hardest for me. If I can get through the weekend then I can make it through the week. When you do see a lost it will be worth the wait. We didn't put it on in a day, a week, or a month so we've got to patient about getting it off. Hang in girl, we're here with you!

Have a great afternoon ladies!
Old 04-14-2003, 02:31 PM   #35  

Kim...It sounds like you know exactly what I am talking about. We still don't have a relationship with his sister since the way she acted at our wedding. It was soooo childish...and she is in her early 30's. And of course to his mother his sister did nothing wrong...it was all his fault. Sometimes I think having nothing to do with them is the best. My husband has an 11yr old from his first marriage soooo we have to deal with the grandma...but with don't have to deal with his sister...thank goodness. The reason I think the don't care for me is because I came into his life and became a big part. He was no longer at their beck and call....and they just didn't like that. I could go on and on about this but I won't. You seem to totally understand what I mean. I am hoping that as time passes it will get better. I try to make it work with his mother out of respect...but it is sooo hard when I just want to bite her head off.

Thanks for letting me vent this morning...I tell you if she didn't upset me soo bad where I couldn't eat I know I would have over eat this weekend...well I did indulge in the ice cream cake...boy was that good.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:36 PM   #36  

Default So embarassed!!!

Hey guys-

Some of you might remember me, I used to post here in the Fall....when I lost 20 lbs on LAWL in 2 1/2 months.

Well, the holidays hit and I cheated and gained ALL OF IT back from Dec to March. I finally went back to the center last week and I have lost 4 lbs already, but I was so angry at myself.

I have to buy more weeks now...the plan works, I just gotta stick to it. I have to say, I was delighted (and SO JEALOUS) to see some familiar names still posting, who have really succeeded at this.

So, I'm crawling back here, tail between my legs, totally defeated and embarassed and looking for support!!!

cheer
Old 04-14-2003, 03:39 PM   #37  

Cheer...Welcome Back...Sounds like you are on the right track. Everyone hits those bumps in the road...you just got to get right back on the road with us. We are here to support you. It is not easy but we can do it. Please don't feel embarassed and you have to the right spot for support.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:32 AM   #38  

Tab- Thanks for the encouraging words. I remember back in the Fall, you and I were at the same point, and look at you now...in a size 6, while I am back in a 14!

Oh well, forging ahead....

I joke with my husband that I am a "warm weather dieter". I swear, it is so much easier when it is nice out. Here in New England, we got socked with a killer winter, and I just wanted to eat and hibernate!

Question for the group....I really enjoy the experience of going out to eat...but find it VERY hard on LAWL (as opposed to weight watchers) to find something that I can actually eat. I find that fast food tracker to be pretty useless. Anyone have any suggestions for eating out??

~cheer
Old 04-15-2003, 08:39 AM   #39  

Hello Everyone....

Well again...at weigh in last night I was up 1.4lbs...I don't know what to think...I think I do good...and even count the ice cream cake and I gain....who knows....I am not too worried about it I have been OP and I will see what happens on Wednesday. I will get to my goal...I will....I will.

Cheer...Going out to dinner is tough. I usually get the grilled chicken salad...every place has one. To be honest since I have been on this diet our eating out experiences have not been that great. I just don't like to do it anymore because I can't enjoy the things that i want. I wanted to get the weight off and then I will work with the eating out...Winter is a hard time to diet....that is why I joined LA in November...it kept me honest....now that summer is here I love all the fresh fruits and vegetables...I love when we have our farmers markets in the summer. And to be honest I usually eat more fruits and vegetables than what LA suggest.

Well everyone have a great day and I will check back in later...
Old 04-15-2003, 08:46 AM   #40  

Good morning ladies!

....and welcome back cheer! I wish I could give you suggestions about eating out but I don't see a lot of room for doing that with LAWL. The plan really works but you must stick with it the nail.

Tab-I hope it gets better as time goes on, I tell my hubbie if your mother was living we might not be married (such a momma's boy). Anyway, I experienced the same thing not with just immediate family but cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmom. The whole family on both sides, father & mothers side hated me. They never thought our marriage would last past 2 years and now they see I'm not going no where. Stand your ground and as long as your husband don't allow them to disrespect you than you're on the right track.

Kitkat-How are you doing today? Hangin there with us, we're supporting each other.

Until later today, have a great one!
Old 04-15-2003, 10:17 AM   #41  

Hey guys-

Here are a few things that I have eaten at a restaurant that "worked".

Chicken fajitas (I ask for no oil), no cheese, no salsa (none of the good stuff!)

chicken souvlaki, plain, no sauce

Steamed chicken and vegetables from teh chinese food restaurant, and I dip it in soy sauce

thats about it!!! You're right, Tab, it is no fun going out to eat when you can't eat whatever you want! You seem to be pretty close to the maintenance phase, so I wonder if they will add foods.

Re: Vegetables....I often wonder about the servings. I mean...if you add some chopped green onions to mushrooms, that counts as TWO vegetables!!! Or, today,I made LA chicken salad and added a chopped celery rib and that counts as a vegetable.

Kim-We all have mother in law issues. I honestly can't think of anyone who doesn't! Hang in there! You married your HUSBAND, not his PARENTS, you gotta keep telling yourself that. (I know, it can be tough)
Old 04-15-2003, 03:50 PM   #42  

Hi everyone,

Well I made it back down to 174#, I did do the 2-day diet 2 weekends ago and went from 178# to 174# in 2days, had some chinese food the next night and gained it all back! That did put me in a little slum, but I decided that i'm not going to do anymore quick fixes, i'm just going to stick to the plan and wait it out. Like Kimbova says, I didn't gain the weight in one night, but it's so hard, it takes so longgggggggg!

Cheer- WELCOME BACK! I remember you. I left in November and gained back all my 30# during the holidays as well, so now i'm back on the program and back on the board! Good luck w/ loosing the 20# again, you did it once, you can do it again.

Tab- I'm glad your not worried about the weight gain,it's probably just water or monthly issues.

Kathy
192/174/130

Last edited by Kitkat3NY; 04-15-2003 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:09 PM   #43  

Good afternoon ladies,

Tab--are you enjoying that great weather we're having? I haven't been out all day, just had a look outside the window. It looks great out there! Girl, don't worry about that 1.4lbs ups it will come off when it's ready. Have you ever thought it might be muscle weight? Maybe that's why you keep going up and down. Just a suggestion, but hangin there, we're rooting for you!

Kitkat-Good job and I'm glad you're going to wait it out. That's the hardest part, we want magic overnight and I do understand. If I could loss it all in a couple of days or even a month or two, I would as long as it wasn't because of sickness. Hangin there Kitkat, we'll make it through togeter .

Cheer-thanks for the tips. I'm not totally doing LAWL right now. I actually put my membership on hold until 5/1. I've really been having a hard time comitting to 3 weigh-ins a week, to the point of it stressing me out. I wasn't lossing any weight and I had become frantic about each weigh-in. Putting it on hold has actually helped me and I'm not stressed about going to weigh-ins. At the center I go to they require you come in at least twice a week. Right now the work schedule just won't allow it.

Until tomorrow ladies, have a great, healthy afternoon/evening
Old 04-16-2003, 02:19 PM   #44  

Hi everyone,

I had a good diet day yesterday. I foresee another one for today!

Kimbova- I noticed you on the April Exercise challenge. Isn't it a great idea? I've been doing it since November and it really helps to keep me honest in the workout dept. How about you?

Kathy
Old 04-16-2003, 03:42 PM   #45  

Hi Everyone:
I think I am finally back on track.
Cheer welcome back as you see some of us are still here.
Kimbo I don't go to the center three times a week, I try to make it at least twice, but sometimes I even went once a week. What are they going to do, tell you not to come anymore.
Kathy I am with you all they way.
Diane
Closed Thread