3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL June thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/261114-lawl-june-thread.html)

Hoochie 06-15-2012 12:27 PM

LAWL June thread

Wow, cant believe that I am starting up the June thread in the middle of the month. Where is everyone?
Well, I am up a pound this week, a bit sad about it but I did indulge in a few unnecessary snacks this week so I knew it was coming. I also only made it to the gym twice this week. I had lots going on this last week with my daughters birthday and being short staffed at work so maybe my excuse can be that I had a bit of stress.
Have a great week everyone. I will check in soon!

Joan

juliemarie 06-22-2012 11:37 AM

i'm here! It's been crazy busy this month. I feel like I've gotten back on track with exercise . . . just need to keep going. I've been maintaining fine, but want to lose more! It was Josie's birthday last week too! You're doing great with the gym Joan-keep it up!

Hoochie 06-22-2012 02:01 PM

jm - yay somebody is still here! I lost 2.5 pounds this week and I am super excited. I have officially been going to the gym for ten months now. I definately still have days that its hard to get there but its just a part of my life now. I actually feel guilty if I only make it twice in a week. Three to four times is minimum for me. Its almost like a stress releaser at the end of my work day.
Keep going, soon it will become your habit too!
Wish Josie a Happy Birthday! How old? Did you have a big party?
I am going to a 50th birthday party for one of my friends tonight. Of course its beer and burgers!!! aghhh. I will really have to watch myself tonight. No beer for sure!!!
Have a great weekend Juliemarie and I will chat with you soon

Joan

3 things that have really been helping me this past month:

First- Count calories
Second- Watch your sodium intake and drink your water
Third- Exercise

Wow, do I sound like a Mom or what???

petitelapin 06-23-2012 05:30 PM

I am here and on plan too. I have been doing the 30 day shred and am on day 28. LAWL is going to help me lose that last 13 lbs and fit into my jeans! Sooo close!

sweetlily 06-28-2012 07:38 AM

I am here on plan and looking for help with a plateau!! I am stuck at 207 and just want to reach my mini goal of being under 200LBS!! I am thinking of doing limited TO, I am still breastfeeding a 10 month old maybe 3X a day in addition to her 3 meals of solids and snacks. I am no longer her main source of food so I figured limited TO would be alright. Any advise for me ladies?? I have been stuck here for 6 weeks!!

RobynM 06-28-2012 05:41 PM

Hi Joan, Juliemarie, Petitelapin and Sweetlily,

I'm still hanging in there too. Although clearly not that often in the message boards. ;)

Way to go on the weight loss Joan and Petitelapin and on the exercise program Juliemarie.

I wish I had some advice Sweetlily, but I'm both relatively new (again) to LAWL and have never been through childbirth and working to get back into shape after that. But I wish you the best of luck.

Today was a big day today for me. I crossed over from the 24Xs to the 23Xs. :carrot: That gets me past 26.6# lost, which is 10% of my starting weight. That was my first major goal. I got to add that 10% lost charm to my bracelet today. :D

Hubby and I are somewhat on plan. We'll go weeks POP. And then we'll have some stressful or busy days and just do whatever we need to do. Luckily, after 6 months of this for me and 3 for him, we seem to slide right back down to where we were, weight wise, prior to falling off the wagon if we get back on track. And there's nothing like a 2-day TakeOff to help that happen.

It's kind of a nice way to think about it long term. Need to take a mental break? Fine. But keep watching the weight and get back on track as soon as possible. I've still got about 60 pounds to go to my final goal and he has about 40. But, we're making progress. And we're still feeling good about the program.

I guess my next mini goal is crossing back down to the 22X range. I haven't been in the 220s since 2007. So that would be awesome. I'll set that goal as -9 more pounds (weighing in at 229.8#) by July 31.

We'll see. I've not been making those goals in the timelines I set, but I do make them eventually. Given how long it's taken to put the weight on, I just keep reminding myself that slow and steady is the best, healthiest way to get it off and keep in off.

Good luck to everyone else!!!

Hoochie 07-04-2012 12:17 PM

Way to go Robyn! I feel like I just broke thru too. I am finally back to 165. I have lost 15 pounds in the last 6 weeks and I feel like nothing can stop me.
I am quite stressed at work so I am amazed I can lose weight. I am working about 60 hours a week plus still getting to the gym a couple of times. I cant wait until July is over because its going to be a tough month. I have no staff!!! aghhhh, thats another story all in itself!
Gotta run, keep up the good work girls!

Joan

Mama Nicole 07-06-2012 09:12 AM

Hi Friends ;)
I am here.....down a few pounds, and still determined to get back to Onderland before my bday on august 5. So busy right now, but will check back again soon. I miss you guys.
XOXO

dawn78 07-06-2012 12:02 PM

Not sure if any of you remember me but I did LAWL on and off for years and as far back as 6-7 years ago. I remember all of you posting but boy it's quiet! I need to get going on losing this weight and this is the only "diet" that ever really worked for me so here I am again. Now to figure out which plan to do...I have so many different ones from over the years when the center was open. I'm thinking about just doing the original Gold plan w/o lites so if I remember right I move to the Purple plan then?? I had the best luck with the original Gold plan but I did it with lites. Now to figure out the purple plan...One more V and larger protein servings. That seems like so little compared to the lites!

52956 07-10-2012 08:10 AM

LAWL July!

I am so happy to see their are others that used and believed in the plan! I think this site will help with the motivation I need to get started again. I bought RD Knudsen Morning Blast juice (at Shop Rite...only some strores carry it, google product to find one near you) and am starting using it on Friday. I have read other sites that say it is a good alternative to the Take Off juice. For $3.49 I figured it was worth a try. Budget is much tighter than it was in 1999. Lost almost 40 pounds back then...now I need to do it again...plus a few. I am starting with what I remember the plan to be...unlimited protein, 32 oz of juice and green veggies for 2 days. Can't wait to get started!
Is there anyone out there joining me?

juliemarie 07-11-2012 05:44 PM

Hey Dawn! Welcome back! Just popping in for a minute-but wanted to answer your question--yes, use the purple plan w/o lites instead of gold w/lites. Good luck!

Welcome 52956-got a name? :) I used to used the Morning Blend too-works fine and is much cheaper ..

Sfandra 07-11-2012 08:13 PM

Hi! I just started LAWL on Sunday 7/8. And I'd like to say: It's all RobynM's fault. :-D She's my sister, and has been praising the system for months, so I figured 'what the ****...'

Right now, my problem is eating this MUCH food! I don't hardly have time in my day (esp not today, when I had to pop shrimp & Triscuits between meetings & emergency updates). But 4 lb in 4 days is a pretty rockin' start, and though I discovered I really hate jogging (it's just boring), i have high hopes for my next exercise activity: jump-rope!

JLem311 07-12-2012 12:34 AM

Just wanted to pop in quick and say HEY! So much has been going on for me..too much to type at the moment.
But I did run my first half marathon in May! I updated my avatar and profile pic too.
Hope all is well with all the peeps and I'll try to check back again soon!

RobynM 07-13-2012 09:36 PM

Hello Ladies,

I'm back for what's turning into my semi-monthly posts.

Joan - 15 # in 6 weeks is awesome!! Especially with the work pressures.

Keep working it, Nicole. You'll get there.

Hi Dawn:wave: I've done LAWL twice with much success (2005 and 2007), but I didn't find these message boards until this go-through. Each time I put the weight back on plus more. So I started again in Jan of this year and am trying to think of it as a nutritional program for life and not a weight loss plan.

52956 - Good luck with your new start. I'm down 27 pounds this time. Here's wishing you success this time too.

Jillian, you ran 13.1m miles? Isn't that what cars are for? :D Seriously, way to go. I'm not a fan of running, but I'm so impressed by folks who can make that commitment and have that focus.

And last, but certainly not least, hi Sis!! :hug: Welcome to the message boards and the program. I'm hoping the initial success will keep you motivated. It's worked for me for 6 months. I'm a little stalled right now, but I guess after so many months of being good, my little devil is revolting. :devil: Had cheeseburger sliders, mini-mozzarella sticks and a Friend-Z at Friendly's last night. :o Oh well. Back to it today. We'll see what the weight is tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

Hoochie 07-26-2012 10:53 AM

Hey Jillian, great to see you on here again!

I am feeling great today. I got on the scale this morning and I was 163 pounds. I have lost 17 pounds in the last 7 weeks. My goal is so close now that I can hardly wait. I have 8 pounds left to lose. I am giving myself until the end of August. I havent given up food but I have given up all my big portion sizes. My family thinks my food portion is so small but I never leave the table full or hungry so I think its perfect!

Anyways I just had to share because I am feeling really proud of myself!
I really think I am changing my lifestyle.

Joan