3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weight Loss #65

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 11:10 AM   #31

Well this is how I compared WW to LAWL......

Don't get me wrong this is JUST an opinion.....

I love WW.... everytime, I try to lose weight I think to myself... I have kids and it is easier for me to follow WW seeing I can have what I want to eat as long as I count it. So in Jan. that is what I did.... and I lost "0" I would eat ALL the wrong foods, cause I could have what I wanted as long as I stayed in my points value. Sure I know that you are still supposed to make sure you get in all your servings for fruits and veggies. But while my family is eating french fries for dinner, I tell myself it is ok I can have these, and bam I go over board. Thats why on LAWL , yes It is strict, but IT WORKS.... Yes WW works too, I lost on their plan too. But LAWL, shows you what is the correct amounts of food to eat. It is too easy to snack on WW... Now with the Weekends off on LAWL you don't have to feel "deprived" (if thats how you feel"

For me.. I spent Jan- to March following WW...and cheating myself and in 1 week on LAWL I lost 6 pounds.

Please don't get me wrong, I do like WW and believe it works, but sometime I need to be told "THIS is what you need to eat to lose weight" If not I choose the wrong things.

I guess if you or anyone else has to decide which program that would pick, I would first ask yourself do I need structure, or can I be more flexible.

I hope this make some sense to you. Good luck on which ever plan you chose. I am sure you will make the right decision for you.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:15 AM   #32

I have done both plans and all I can say is that the LAWL and WW plans are very different and one is probably better for you than the other. If you like structure and prefer to have simple meal plans then I think LA is better. If you need a lot of food choices and are better at resisting temptation then go with WW.

With LA you meet one on one with couselors 3 times a week....with WW you go in once a week in a group setting. I HATED the WW meetings. It was a bunch of ladies sitting around yapping about nothing for an hour...not for me. I would rather go in and spend 10-15 min three times a week and get the personalized attention.

Once again...it kind of depends on your personality.

Kathy-
Welcome back!! I am in the same boat as you...over several months I gained almost 20 lbs of the 50 I lost on LA originally. So...I am back in the saddle again! Another 10 lbs to go and I will be back to my lowest again. I kick myself every day for gaining that much back....but nothing I can do besides lose lose lose!

I tried doing a modified LA/WW plan for a while, but I just kept binging....I was not in the right frame of mind to lose weight. For me, it is a lot of mental work. So...good luck to you! I think it is a great way to go! I learned a lot on WW and I think it is a great plan for losing weight if you control the carbs you eat.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:16 AM   #33

Irises-
We were posting at the same time. I agree with everyone you just said!!
Old 03-30-2003, 11:26 AM   #34

Jibbelle-

I see that!!! LOL
I think we are all coming form the same place. If you're determined to lose the weight it is structue that we need. Too bad for us.... lol ... but I lost on LAWL before and thought Oh I can do this on my own or with WW , and now I am at a higher weight that ever. This works, and you are SO correct that is depends on your personality.

I am so glad I post here, you sure made me laugh about the WW meetings. I felt the same way. So , I too agree with you!
Old 03-30-2003, 11:38 AM   #35

Does anyone want to come clean house for me? I just cant seem to get motivated today!!

All I can think about is wedding stuff.....I guess it seems more real now that I am putting deposits down and I ordered my dress. I still have a year to wait though! LOL
Old 03-30-2003, 02:50 PM   #36
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Hello...
Wow...I wish I like to work out like most of you ladies...I unfortunately think of it as a chore But I also know...once you start...it is addicting..and I will feel better in the long run.

The three day went o.k...I lost some...but I am having difficulties with the plan lately. I hate to use excuses (But I do it so well) but I am finding this plan sooooo hard. I feel like I don't have time to fit in all my meals...or take the time to eat at a resonable fashion. I feel like my life is sooo hectic (and I know it can be done..you ladies are evidence) I am also feeling deprived.

So, I am sorry to be so down and negative....I put the plan on hold again, until after Easter and my Bermuda trip. According to my hubby, there will never be a "right" time to loose...I agree....but I am holding on for some unknown reason. I know what I need to do...I am having trouble getting motivated. I KNOW I can do this, I just need to DO. I hope you don't mind me "venting here" (i guess that is why we have the journals) I just see all of you doing such a A + job..and you motivate me...because I "see" that it is being done. It also helps that I spent $$$$$, too much $$$$...so another motivator.

Thanks for letting me vent.

"There is no try, there is only DO" Yoda

Old 03-30-2003, 03:18 PM   #37

Default Thank you for insight to LAWL!!

I can't thank you enough for all the input on LAWL and WW.

I am going to make an appointment with LAWL on Monday. I'll at least go and meet with them and check it out.

I need structure and a strict plan. I am tempted to cheat too much. I love to eat.

I am going to be a regular on here if you guys won't mind me dropping in a letting you know how it's going for me.

Thank you again!!

Skychick
Old 03-30-2003, 03:36 PM   #38

Skychick-
We welcome your input and support here! THe more the merrier. : )
Old 03-30-2003, 04:05 PM   #39

Hi, Thanks for the welcome!

Jibbelle- Congrats on getting off most of the weight you gained back. I think that's counts for something, you didn't give up.

Irises- I agree w/ what you said about LAWL and WW, it definitely depends on your personality. Before doing LAWL, I was on WW for 43wks and only lost 10#, I was on LAWL for 30wks and lost 30# and i'm so thankful for that. I walked away from LAWL w/ knowledge that I can use on weightloss for the rest of my life. If I never went to LAWL I would never be able to lose weight on WW. WW doesn't tell you how to combine food in the right way that works for weightloss.

Monkeybabies- Your husband is correct, it's never a "perfect" time to lose weight. But for you if think that you will just be wasting your weeks during vacation, etc, I think it's a good idea that you put your weeks on hold so you won't loose them and when you think your ready, they'll always be waiting for you. I think you made the right choice for you.

Kathy
192/178/130
Old 03-30-2003, 04:08 PM   #40

Monkey-
It is hard work to lose weight and you need to be in the correct frame of mind. If you are not ready, then you are wasting your time. I would go ahead and wait until after your vacation....then you can give it your all!
Old 03-30-2003, 08:02 PM   #41

I totally agree you REALLY need to be in the right frame of mind. No matter what the occasion or reason. I got re-married last May, and boy did I want to be as this as I was when I met my husband, the past May and his whole family are toothpicks... and I was meeting them all pretty much for the 1st time, but you know what, I wasn't in the RIGHT mind set though I should have been. And it didn't happen, but now, boy you couldn't get me to cheat if you tried. I LOVe to cook and bake, (and I seem to do that a lot while I am on program), no idea why , but I haven't touched anything, I really try to plan my days and I KNOw my down fall time is when I get home from work at 3:30. so I found that is the best time for me to walk and then it is time to start cooking dinner.

So, I again agree wait UNTIL YOU are in the right MIND SET!!!!

Last edited by irises : 03-30-2003 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:10 PM   #42

I have the same "danger zone" as you! When I get home from work between 3 and 4:00 I want to snack. I usually eat a LA lite then, but sometimes I still get the urge to eat something else. It is the hardest part of the day for me.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:20 PM   #43

I try to spread out my food the way that is on the program card that they give us. I save a veggie though from lunch and have that when I get home and do the treadmill. (That my husband just bought me, for my birthday) I have a la lite an the AM at 10:30 am, and then they other around 7pm. I work in a school, so I follow the kids schedule, when they snack I snack too!

At lunch they see me eating carrots all the time, and if they buy a Cold lunch in comes with packages of individual packs of carrots. Well the kids don't eat them so, they all think it is GREAT to give them to me. So Those are great for my pocket book to take with me when I need something.

Jibbelle- We really do have a lot in common.. .Glad we are working at this weight loss at the same time, you sure will keep me motivated!
Old 03-31-2003, 08:25 AM   #44

I typically eat a bar in the mid morning and another when I get home from work (it is my after school snack). : )

Typically I do not get the munchies in the evening after dinner...so I do not eat anything after dinner.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:25 AM   #45

Good morning Ladies,

I've been struggling with LAWL. I'm considering putting my membership on hold for the next couple of months. Because of work, I'm unable to go into the center 3 times a week, as a matter of fact, I'm barely making once a week. I've lost a total of 30lbs of which on 10lbs is actually from following LAWL.

I do like the structure, but there is no variety and that's what I'm lacking. I really believe that any plan will work for you if you follow it. LAWL, WW or Atkins, along with the other hundred diets plans out there. I feel that each person must find out what works best for them and then use it. When I lost the weight the first time (second go round), I did it all on my own and lost close to 90lbs., anything we do takes discipline and thatís the key. I do think LAWL is a good plan, but I also believe WW is a good plan to; it's just finding what's right for you.

At this point, I'm debating what to do, I do like some of the things I've learned but I'm not able to devote the time as far as being accountable and I think that's important.

Until later, just my 2 cents!

Have a healthly day!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.