Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 11:35 AM   #16  

Tab:
My niece loves the peppermint stick also every time I have one she grabs it. She hasn't found where I keep them I will be in trouble when she does.
Diane
Old 03-27-2003, 04:58 PM   #17  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

still hanging in there. three days until the move, and boy am i ready. had my last weigh in at my home center today. was up a pound...which i expected. it's been really hard for me to stay on program this week because i've packed everything up and been eating out a lot. my goal for the month was to stay about the 40 pound mark and try to hit 45. hoping that's still possible by 4/1 (when i start the new job).

has anybody else transferred centers? there is a center about 30 miles from where i'm moving, so i'm still planning on going to weigh in 1 or 2 times a week. they are sending my file to the new center and calling to let them know i'm coming.

kim...i too am an avid exerciser. normally i do at least 1 hour of cardio a day and a 90 minute yoga class 3-4 times a week. that's been out the door the last couple of weeks with the move though. anyway, as long as you are not exhausting yourself and you're eating enough calories, the workouts shouldn't do any harm. i did stall when i was moved to the purple plan from the red plan, and had to be moved back to the higher calorie plan because i work out so much
Old 03-27-2003, 06:55 PM   #18  

Hi Gringa:
I have transferred to a different center from which I started from. It took a while before they received my file though. I had a tempory one for a bit.
Diane
Old 03-28-2003, 06:54 AM   #19  

Kimbova-
The balance bars are a little narrower, but thicker than the LA bars. I would say they are about the same size. I am satisfied equally by them. : )

Gringa-
I have switched centers. They mailed my file over the the new one...but it took a while. All in all....it was a smooth transition! I like the new center SO MUCH BETTER!
Old 03-28-2003, 07:40 AM   #20  

HI, Everyone.
I weighed in on Wed, and after losing 2.4 on the 3 day, I went up .4, but I know I did nothing wrong, my pants could have been heavier.LOL.... I will go weigh in today and see hoe things went, Today is 1 full week on program..again.
SnapyGing- you are doing great- keep staying positive.

I began the program on gold, but when I went off program and gain weight back, last week they put me on the Red plan (that was the girl I didn't like) but when I weighed in Wed I told this girl I felt like it was too much food. She said they should never had put me on Red, and switched me to Purple. This seems better for me.
I tried the Luna bars and they were pretty good, bigger too. I may try those when I am done with the bars I have left.
Good Luck to everyone, I'll check back later with todays weigh in.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:28 AM   #21  

Default TGIF!!!!

and good morning to all!

It always feel good to start the day out with a workout. It gives me a sense of accomplishment first thing in the morning.

GringaGordita-Thanks for the workout advise. I do believe I need to change my plan. They keep telling me I need to slow down on the exercise until I've lost most of the weight but I find that hard to believe. I want to be smaller but also toned!

Jibbelle-That's good to know about the balance bars. It's been almost impossible getting those here. I really did enjoy the ones I had. I still have 4 boxes left at LAWL then I'm through buying there. I think I'll try the Carmel bars next, I always get the Choc Crunch.

Tab-I looked at the website and found several places where I live so I'll be stopping by this evening. Also, I talk to my DH last night about joining another gym, just on a trial basis. I'm looking for something without a long contract. As always, he was very supportive, he's a great guy, that's one reason why I love him!

Anyway, I always have a lot of work, it never slows down here!

You guys have a great day and I'll check back later!!
Old 03-28-2003, 01:32 PM   #22  

Well, I just weighed in again, and I am down 4 pounds total of 6 pounds for this week. I am happya bout that. As anyone tried th LA slimdown shakes? I bought a 4 pack. I think they were kinda expensive, but they will be good now that the nice weather is here. I will be able to go for a walk on my 1/2hr lunch break and have a drink that counts as 1P, 1S, in enough time.

Last edited by irises; 03-28-2003 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:10 PM   #23  

How much are they? I have never asked? They count as a starch and protein?
Old 03-28-2003, 08:02 PM   #24  

They were $13.00 for 4 of them, I bought Chocolate. They have Vanilla too!
Old 03-29-2003, 12:29 AM   #25  
Need Support

Default Going to try again

Here I go again.
Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things here.
Did great on LA and got depress, bored, and this time I want to be more positive.
Next week is a special on everything so I am going to rejoin at the special rate.
I can't believe I let myself go when I was doing so good.
My doctor even said that this is a good program, so here goes again.
Old 03-29-2003, 07:31 AM   #26  

I know how you feel Sharon! I lost 50 lbs on LA and then kind into hte same rut as you. I gained about 15 of those lbs back! I am in the process of losing them again....plus more!

Best of luck to you, and we are here for ya!!!
Old 03-29-2003, 10:57 AM   #27  

It seems I did the same thing too, but I sure does feel good to be back on track again!!!! Good luck to you too!
Old 03-29-2003, 01:07 PM   #28  

I just weighed in and I was down 2.6 lbs! I know part of it is because I weighed in earlier than usual....but I am still happy!!!

I was shooting for 249 as my one month goal, but I will take 251.2. Not too shabby.

Now... I need a new goal. Maybe an Easter goal

I ordered my wedding dress today!!! They are discontinuing the style as of May 1, so I had to order it. We ordered it one size too small...and it can be sized down another size once it gets here. So...as long as I do not lose more than 20-30 lbs before the wedding I should be fine. : ) If I lose more than that.....guess I am going dress shopping!!!
Old 03-30-2003, 09:21 AM   #29  

Default I'm thinking of trying LAWL....any advice?

Hi everyone.

I haven't posted too much. I enjoy reading all of your posts though. I guess it takes awhile to build up the nerve to post more.

I am desparately trying to decide between LAWL and WW. I need to lose about 30lbs. Please don't think that is not a lot. It is to me. I would love some one to tell me if they prefer LAWL over WW.

I read on here that someone's Doctor said LAWL was a good plan also.
I am more like a Carbohydrate addict. I love sweets, breads and fried foods. I think a lower carb diet will help me stick to a weight loss program better. I have eating binges.

I am currently on Wellbutrin SR for mild depression. I hope that doesn't interfere in my weight loss plan.

Anyone, please, please, give me some guidance here.

Thank you very much.

chubbyskychick
Old 03-30-2003, 09:57 AM   #30  

Hi everyone, I didn't see this new thread so I posted on the old one i'll just copy and paste it here:

Hi everyone,

I was on LAWL until about November of last year (just a few months ago). I left to do SSing, well that didn't workout, so I started Atkins and that didn't workout so now i'm doing WW and trying to incorporate what I learned from LAWL in regards to starches, SSing in regards to sugar, and refined sugar, and Atkins in the respects of not being afraid of fats. I've lost some weight but not as fast as LAWL. (Sigh) sad to say that I gained back the 30# I lost on LAWL during the holidays and now I have to start all over again, but now I know I can do it w/ the knowledge I gained from LAWL.

It was just hard for me to follow LAWL, too strick and then I wanted to try a different program from the Gold plan and they wouldn't change my program and I didn't find them that supportive at the center I went to.

I'd like to start checking in again here if you all don' t mind, even though i'm not exactly doing LAWL but a modified LAWL w/ WW.

I hope everyone is doing well, and things are working out for everyone.

Kathy
Closed Thread