LA Weightloss #64

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Marcie:
    I am glad you enjoyed the weekends off, I am curious to see how you weigh in goes. I would not be able to handle the nuts myself, I guess I would have to buy a small bag.
    Did you feel hungry during the day? Sometimes I notice when I have more starches I feel more edgy. i have not done the weekends off for a while but I don't think I got all the fat in either.
    Where are you supposed to put it, just eating it plain would be kind of gross.
    Are all your wedding plans done?
    Diane
  • I think the starches actually curb my appetite and I tend to not want to binge when I eat more carbs. Less protein is good for me, because I really dont like meat.

I think it will be easier to make it through the week on plan knowing I can have a few "treats" on the weekends.

We will see how it goes!

We will not get confirmation on our date choice from the church until June 1st. Once they call....we will book all of the vendors we have chosen. So far, I think I have picked the reception venue, DJ, florist, and photographer. I am ordering my dress next Saturday. : )

We still need to work on tuxes, transportation, bridesmaid dresses, honeymoon, rehearsal dinner, and a few other things. Not too bad considering the wedding isnt until June 19, 2004.

So far so good! I hired a wedding coordinator and I am SOOOO glad! She has been a huge help so far and it will be nice not to sweat the details the day of. : )
  • Well, I have been reading all your post and thought that the support here is great. So, I thiought I would join you. I joined LA weight loss 1 1/2 yrs ago, and lost almost all my weight. I felt great , until..... I gained it all back plus a few of their friends!!!!

I went back to my center on Thursday to pick up the bars that I pre purchased and thought I would do the program at home seeing my weeks were up.

Instead.... they gave me back 16 weeks that I paid for in November and never used. So I am on my 3rd day of the 3 day program, this time I am using oranges instead of the juice. My husband bought me a Treadmill last month , so I am walking 2 miles a day and I will weigh in tomorrow. I am excited to be back on track, and to be here with all your support too!

I will check in tomorrow with hopefully good news!
  • Welcome back irises!

I also do oranges instead of juice. Good luck at weigh in!

All-
    I have a weekends off question. If you eat 6 limited starches in two days over the weekend....does that mean you do not get any limited starches during the week? I guess the same goes for other limited foods too. If you do weekends off, chances are you use all of your limited foods in two days....so does that mean you eat only unlimited foods mon-fri?
  • Marcie:
    The weekends off is just that. Monday-Friday you are still able to have the limited starches and proteins. At least that is what I was told.
    Diane
  • Happy Monday Everyone!!

Glad to see so many posts this Monday morning. Well I weighed in on Saturday and I was down 4oz....but I am sure that I gained that plus some on Saturday and TOM is just a week away....so I expect a gain....darn. I went crazy again with the sweets. I had my pampered chef party which was a hugh success. But I had asked the guests to bring a dish....oh my goodness...I could not control myself. I had some chocolate truffle stuff, cake, cookies, fruit...dip in chocolate, pumpkin roll. I don't think I ate any real food all day Saturday. My party was at 2pm and most of my friends stayed until 8pm. Then we went to the movies and then we went out to a club. I tell you it was a long long day and I was so hyped up because of the sugars. I am sooooo worried about weighing in. I know I have gained something. But I did it to myself. I was back on track on Sunday...actually I was still stuffed from Saturday sooo I really didn't eat much on Sunday. And I was having stomach problems from all the sweets. But I enjoyed myself and I think I deserve it. I should have been just a bit more carefully. I went crazy...*smile*

For those of you that are doing the weekends off I too am curious to see how your weigh in goes. I was afraid that I would gain because of all the startches....also I don't know if I could control myself by having startches and then cutting back. I have the plan just have not followed it yet.

I am back to a normal work week. Which means my eating and working out will be back on plan.

Congrats to those that took off some weight this weekend. I hope to be right with you....fingers crossed.

Have a great day!!
  • Good morning Ladies,

I weighed in this weekend and no lost but no gain, so I'm glad for that. Weekends are really hard for me, I'm thinking about asking for the weekends off plan, I tend to eat more and drink less water. I'm so focused on the weekdays that it doesn't even bother me but as soon as Friday night get's here I start to get that feeling of wanting to overeat. You would think with all the exercise I do I would want to do right. Please keep us informed of your progress. I think I'm doing it without being on the program.

SnapyGing--Congrats on your weight loss. It makes you feel so good about yourself and your efforts put into this program.

I am Tab-You deserve that day off. If you gain than that's OK, you will lose it! I'm glad you had a good time. We focus so much on weight loss that we actually forget to enjoy life, I know I do! Weight loss becomes my every thought.

Until later on, have a wonderful day!
  • hey guys, i'm still hanging in there a little bit under the 45 pound mark. have been off program for the last couple of days. i've packed up all my cookwear for the move, so i've been eating out a lot. haven't done too badly, but have definitely not been strict with myself. hoping to maintain through the move this weekend and then hit it hard next week. wish me luck
  • Hi Everyone.... Well I just weighed in after my 3 day w/ oranges and I lost 2.4.... I am happy with that. I was not thrilled with the girl who I spoke with today. I am glad she is not who I talked to last week, cause I don't think I would have re-joined. I had more imformation about the program then she did.

Looking forward to seeing the results of the weekends off. Not sure I will try it for a while. Maybe Easter weekend!
  • Irisis-

There are three girls at my center and two are great but the other one isnt so bright. : ) She is nice, but she does not know too much about the program.

I weighed in today after my weekends off weekend and I was the same. Not shabby for it being TOM and eating a ton of starches! I am trying it again next weekend....maybe I will be able to lose on it!
  • Jibbelle

I would be happy with that result for all the increased starches and TOM.

There are a lot of new faces at my Center, I went in on Thursday with all intentions of getting my bars and never going back there. The girl that I spoke to was so kind and gave me my weeks back, and really motivated me, said she would put things aside for me until today. Then I went today, and this girl was clueless, didn't ask if I needed anything, (I needed the program, seeing I am on a new program (red)
    All I can say Is thank goodness I got the other girl Thursday, cause I think I would have gotten the boxes and left.

It is nice to be encouraged.
  • Maybe find out when the girl you like is working....and try to visit during those times! That is what I did at my old center. : ) That way I worked with the same 2 girls all the time.
  • Good Morning Ladies....

Well weigh in was not so kind to me last night. I was up 3.2lbs. Yikes......that puts me back in the 140's boo hoo. TOM is in 7 days so I am hoping that some of the gain is water. I am seriously thinking about doing the 3 day after TOM passes. I was upset but I realized that I did it to myself. I have been OP since Sunday so I am hoping to see some kind of results on Wednesday night. This gain puts me only as a 1lb loss for 4 weeks....that is soooo depressing....how can only one day of being off plan do that too you. No wonder I was heavy...if in one day I can gain 3.2lbs I can see how I was over 200lbs. It is too depressing to think about....but today is a new day.

Jib....WTG...eating those starches and TOM and you stayed the same....that is awesome. Keep us posted on your success. I should think about doing weekends off when it gets close to TOM so I don't binge like I did this Saturday. How did you get all those starches in?? And were you hungry becuase we don't get alot of protein?

irises...How does the 3 day work with oranges?? How many oranges do you have to eat? Do you still eat 2 eggs, meat, and raw green veggies. I need a jump start and the juice is expensive so if I can use the oranges I can handle that.

GringaGordita....I hope the move goes well. Don't be too hard on yourself...you are going through a big change. You have come this far and you will succeed. Keep us posted on the move.

Kim.....I too am very focused during the week. That is because I am at work and I seem to be on a schedule. Weekends are hard becasue I just don't eat...and then when I do I am starved and I eat everything that I am not supposed too. I always get my water in because I have made it a habit to carry my big 50oz bottle with me everywhere we go.

Well everyone have a great day....will check in later
  • I think the starches were easy to get in....and I did not miss the protein at all! I made a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch, since it had to be no protein.

I had the most trouble getting in the fats. The servings sizes are large (like 3 tablespoons of light cream cheese) and they are not really foods you can just eat. I think I need to by some almonds since they are considered a fat.
  • Jib....mmm mmm good....a whole grilled cheese sandwich...two pieces of bread...that sounds wonderful...I have not had a true sandwich since November. I wanna do weekends off....*smile* I just need to get these 3.2lbs off...then I might .... just might considering trying weekends off