LA Weightloss #64

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Marcie:
    I am not taking that long of a break, I just felt I needed a little breather from weighing in three times a week. With a lot help from Kathy ( she used to do La on this thread) I started the three day yesterday. So far I feel pretty good. I also ordered some luna bars for a change from the LA ones.
    Marcie cute picture, now I can put a face with the name after all this time.
    Diane
  • Diane-
    A short break would be good. I should be getting the balance bars I ordered any day now. I think the luna bars will be a good change for you!

Are you doing weekends off? What do you think of it? What kinds of food are added?
  • Hi Marcie:
    I like the idea of weekends off, but I had a hard time keeping in control of things. Some of the things added were hot dogs, almonds, english muffins, animal crackers, sun chips, pringles right crisps, lt. cool whip, boca burgers, beans, pizza.
    The protein is cut way down so if I use it at lunch, I would have trouble at dinner. For me I am allowed 5oz. of protein 3veg, 2fruit, 5 starches 2fats 8oz milk and 2 lites. I need to plan it better next time I do it. Now I am looking just to stay on track for a change.
    Where do you usually buy your bars from, just seeing if you are getting a better price than I was. I did not really look and just went to drugstore.com
    Diane
  • I bought one case (15 bars) for $11 including shipping. I get them from ebay usually.

I think the weekend off may be good for your body. The shakeup of foods may keep your body from getting accustomed to the same thing and hitting a plateau.
  • Marcie:
    Are you going to try it?
    Diane
  • They have not given me the plan yet. I will probably ask for it next week.
  • Good afternoon ladies,

It's been another rough day here at the office. I was determined to write before I leave for the day. I hope all had a good OP day. It's been hard to get in the food today. I've had 2 meetings that have lasted all day. I'm just now getting out and will be leaving soon. It has been a crazy day.

I was able to workout this morning, which I'm glad I did. Not as much as I would have liked. My supervisor asked me to meet her in the office early so we could go over a report before the meeting and she showed up an hour later. I was not a happy person, I cut my workout short by 45 minutes because of her request and not even an explanation. Oh well, such as life, but I won't do that again.

This has been the kinda day where I could eat everything in site but I'm going to reframe.

You girls have a great weekend and I'll write on Monday
  • I'm still hanging in here. just trying to maintain until after my move. i've been eating out a lot with friends who want to take me out before i leave town. have done fairly good, but exercise has been lacking last week or so. move for good on the 30th, so hoping to stay on track so i can hit it hard again when i get settled at the new place. hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • I got the weekend off plan today from the center...wow...so many choices and so many food groups to get into one day! It made my head spin! I am so accustomed to eating the same things every day.

I just went grocery shopping and picked up some bananas and goldfish! : ) Two of my favorite things.

Our center finally got the caramel crunch bars!! Anyone else try them yet? They are very different than the other bars. The consistency is kind of like a rice krispy treat. I did not think it was really "caramel-ly" but it is definately the best bar so far!
  • Marcie;
    Good luck with the weekends off. Let me know how you make out with it. I need to check with my center to see if they got the new bars also.
    Diane
  • The one think I know I will like about weekends off is the fact that it has less protein. It is hard for me to eat that much meat! I also like the variety the plan adds. Some of the foods on the list I keep in the house for Matt, so now I can eat them too sometimes. : )
  • I have trouble with the protein when its chicken, its feel like I have to stuff myself. Are you going to do it for the two days.
  • Yeah...I started it today. So far so good!
  • Big Weight Loss
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry i didn't get back sooner. My house went on the market on Friday and it's been sooooooooooo been crazy! We had an offer the first day! Anyway, I had my first w/i on Friday and lost ........drum roll pls.............5.2lbs !!!!! I'm sooooo excited.

On Monday I'm suppose to buy my lites......which ones do you recommend? I've tried the carmel crunch and they were delish....i guess anything would be good after three days of raw veggies . However, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated........God Bless!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!!!

I'll check back on Monday AM.
  • Congrats on the loss!!! I am sure it feels great! I like the chocolate crunch the best...well...that was before they got the caramel! I also like the chocolate shakes. I will tell you know that none of the other bars have the same consistency as the caramel. The others are more solid...if that makes sense.

Diane-
    I think the one thing I find difficult with the weekends off is getting the fats in. I had a bagel yesterday and the serving of low fat cream cheese is 3 tbs!! That is A LOT of cream cheese. I will buy some nuts to keep on hand to help get the fats in. I can not eat 4 servings of margarine, cream cheese, or sour cream a day...and I do not cook much with oil...especially when there is only one meat serving a day.

I have stuck to the weekends off plan perfectly....so I am anxious to see what my weight is like on Monday!