Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 10:17 AM   #31  

Good Morning Everyone!!

It is only 10am and I feel as if I have been at work for 8hrs already. This mess with the tractor in the pond is tying up traffic soooooo bad. Monday was bad, yesterday worse...but today it is unbeliveable....they need to do something. But anyhow...I am just getting to work after being on the road for about 2 hrs....this is just crazy

Well I go to weigh in tonight. Have not touched the peanut butter and I have been OP. I hope I lose the pound and some ounces....we will see....fingers crossed.

Jib...This place does look dangerous...try not to indulge to much but have a good time.

Gringa....Hello!!! Welcome back. We have missed you. Congrats on the continous weight loss. Keep in touch with us. We want to hear about the success.

kim....I think we all love to exercise...*smile* Love to hate it sometimes. I am upset we have training the next couple of days at work and I am missing my afternoon workout. I just don't feel right with out it. But maybe the break will be good for me. I just hope the weigh in goes well tongiht. Hope you days settle down soon.

SnapyGing....I take spin too...I love it. Great workout. I spin on Monday nights and it is a great class. Used to spin on Saturdays but.....got a new instructor and she is just not motivating enough. I do not take the supplements...I just take my multi-vitiamin.

Nvbb76....3/4 of a pound is good. What color plan are you following. I am on the red plan and I can have hamburger (beef)2x a week. I usually don't but I could. My center actually told me that I need to eat the beef. But I don't see a difference if I do or don't. I am just not a big beef eater. I have gotten used to soy and turkey. Not too bad. Just bought some soy milk and it is good. I got the Silk Soy Chocolate...it was 1/2 price at Giant this week and it is good.

Well I need to run...chat with everyone later. Have a great day.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:05 PM   #32  

I am on the same....I just find when I eat beef I gain... I guess it's the water retention.
My hubby is vegetarian and I usually do morningstar but they said I have to stick with either veggie or regular. So I don't eat beef often because I'm not much on it....except when the craving for the odd burger hits.
I have been doing well withn everything, I cheat sometimes and I have to face theat when the time comes but overall I do watch closely what I eat. I eat a lot of chicken, egg beaters and shrimp for my protein. Sometimes I find it hard to get all the food in because I am rushing around so I bought some of the shakes (slim down) which are actually pretty good!
The centre I go to are a bit pushy and always trying to get me on one supplement or another. I tried the Tri max plus but never took it faithfully so I am not sure about it. Even when I did take it I never found a lot of difference than I did on my own. They now want me to do both Tri Max and FB.....not made of money here!! So I said no.
I do the bars but I am thinking after my weighloss section is up I will do the stabilization and maintenace with LUNA or something else. It's a lot of money!
Anyway....that's my news for today.

Nadine
Old 03-19-2003, 01:46 PM   #33  

Good afternoon ladies,

I am Tab--you work in the DC area, so do I and it's been murder trying to get home in the evenings. Yesterday it only took hour & 45 minutes but Monday it took me 3 hrs to get home. I was so upset. Every route I took, I was sent in another direction. It has truly been a bad work day . I've been from one meeting to another, I will be glad when this day is over. Good luck tonight. I'm sure did well. Because of meetings I missed my afternoon workout and boy don't I feel blue, it's such an afternoon pick me up.

Anyway, I won't write long, I have another meeting to attend and a doctor's appt later on. Good luck to all and stay OP, it pays off after while.
Old 03-19-2003, 02:38 PM   #34  

Nvbb....Did they say why you needed to stick to either beef or the soy. I do both. More soy than beef. But sometimes I need the beef too...just gotta have it.

Kim....Wooo hoooo the tractor mess is over. Maybe now we will get home at a decent time. I missed my lunch workout and if I can get home early I will get a good workout in before I go weigh in.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:47 PM   #35  

Thank you God!! and thanks I am Tab for letting me know. It's been a fustrating 2 days and I wasn't looking forward to another evening like that.

I don't understand why people always want to disrupt DC.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm feeling like it's that time of the month for me, but I am today. Maybe because I haven't gotten in all my water?!? I really don't know.

Today, I'm going to buy workout shoes, I'm looking forward to that, it's been a couple of years since I've done that. I really don't like paying a lot of money for shoes, so I'm hoping to find a BIG sales.

Well, that's enough for now, have a great afternoon/evening!
Old 03-19-2003, 04:58 PM   #36  

I don't know why.....I asked about the veggie stuff because we eat a lot of vegetarian chili/lasagna etc and I use the Moningstar veggie crumbles it's like Beef. I don't eat much pork or beef and only get fish when it's really fresh. So my choices were a bit limited plus it was hard preparing so many meals every day. I almost quit because I was finding that my whole day revolved around food. I was finding it very difficult.
Now I am used to things more and I don't mind but I would still like more variety.
As a hint....I was told to eat starches and fruits early in the day and save veggies for the evening and not eat a lot of carrots... high in sugar (I thought portions accounted for that though). I found the fruit and starches earlier seems to help.

Take care
Old 03-19-2003, 07:28 PM   #37  

Hi All:
I have been struggling lately with some emotionial stuff and eating is not helping me either, I thought about taking a break from LA but I think I am going to try to work through it.
Diane
210/160/140
Old 03-19-2003, 09:44 PM   #38  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Angry I am back

Hello all...
I have not been able to write lately..but I have read every one's posts...It is soooo nice to see some new faces. So, hello and welcome (I am pretty new here myself!!!! )

Anyways, I have procrastinated long enough.....I am back on Plan starting tomorrow with the take off stuff. I weighed in (that was half my problem not starting back up after an almost 3 week sobatical) And I can not beleive this...I only gained a pound.

Can some one please explain this....I was on LA for about a month...lost a total of 8 lbs...5 of which were from take off drink three day thing......ok..and if I cheated just a wee bit...I either gained or stayed the same. I really don't understand my body...is this for real....I have eatened like a PIGGY..and I only gain a pound. AAARRRGG, I mean don't get me wrong, I am siked I don't have to sart from sqare one..but I am sooo confused.

And since I am on a roll.....I just want to thank you guys for being on this board...because, if it were not for you...I think I would have stopped LA already..and them off with my $1,800 dollars. (I would be divorced ... My center just sucks. I really did not realize it until today (i may have been in a "OH PLEASE HELP ME, I AM SOOO FAT" mode) but, the councelors are truly not helpful..they act ditzy to me...and I REALLY don't think they care if I loose or not. I sometimes feel a bit more knowlegable than them when it comes to weight loss. For example, one of the councelors there (which, by the way, just got promoted to Assistant Manager, and is completely new to LA in general, and has no clue) is having trouble checking peoples blood pressure. Fine..so she went out and bought a digital pressure cuff....The cuff is the size that a child would use to get the pressure taken. I guess people are not aware that the bigger the arm...the bigger the cuff...because if the cuff is too small...it will show a much higher reading. I told her that, and she had noooo idea. Don't ya think if you are certified to take pressures, then maybe, just maybe they should be aware of this little fact. I dunno

Then..I get my tests results back..there are two things that are higher than normal..they did not even explain what it means...and told me to go to my doctors and have them check me out....WHAT THE HECK.....they don't even . Then to boot..they did not explain about my cholesterol (I dunno know what the good kind is, and the bad kind is) So, I feel like they take this test (which they don't evenn retake after being on the program for a while) and don't even know how to explain the results. That aggravitates me

Well...I have written a book.......I have some info o supplaments..but I will post that later.

Kimbova..I need new sneaks tooooo!!! Did you get any deals???Diane....Don't quit....stay with us...in the long run....being on plan might be the only "consistent" thing in your life....we need that!!!!!!

NVBB....I too find it way difficult to cook all my "protein" and stay on plan while being a mom of 2, a wife, and try to have a life outside the kitchen.......I can tooo get obsessed.
Till later ladies....
P.S...sorry about all the spelling errors...jsut too tired tooo proof read..
Old 03-20-2003, 07:01 AM   #39  

Good Morning Ladies....It is a rainy icky day here in Washington. Just a quick post I have a training class today. I weighed in last night and I was down only 4oz. But that is OK. I would always like more but...I was up last weigh in so now I am down. Ohhhh we go some new bars at our center last night. Can't remember the exact name it was something with Caramel Crunch.....It was OK...but I still prefer the Luna bars.

Everyone have a great day and if I don't check back in have a great weekend. I am having my pampered chef party this Saturday at my house so I am taking Friday off to prepare my house. I want to make sure it is extra clean. So everyone have a great weekend and stay OP as best as you can. It will be very hard for me but I am going to try.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:58 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm starting day 3 and will have my first weigh-in this AM. I'm going to assume that I will find out about rest of the program. I getting a little tired of raw veggies. Anyway, I had a great spin class this morning and hopefully will get another workout in later today.

I hope everyone has a great day and I'll check later after my w/i.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:30 AM   #41  

Diane-
I think there are pros and cons to taking a break. The pro is you will have a new sense of motivation and feel refreshed when you start again. The con is that you will definately gain some weight! Like me. : ) So...I suggest that you work hard at staying on plan. You have been soooo close to goal for so long. You can do it!!!

Snapy-
I understand that you are ready to eat something besides raw veggies!! After 3 days I am sick of them too!!! Did you miss the carbs?
Old 03-20-2003, 09:45 AM   #42  

Good morning ladies,

I thought I better post early this morning since I already know it's going to be another rough day at work. At least I started my day with a good workout--for the first time in a while I did 80 minutes of cardio, I really felt great! I also did light weights this morning. I feel so refresh after working out.

Monkeybabies-I got a deal!!! I went to Rack Room and found some workout shoes, they were on sale for $40, regular price $70 (crosstrainers), so I was happy about getting a bargin. They really felt good this morning during my workout.

I am Tab--congrats on your WL. We'll take anything at this point and time. A lost is always better than a gain. Good luck on your party this weekend!

SnapyGing-I wish you well on your weigh in. Sounds like you've done a great job. I really think the 3 days help to get you started in the right direction. I lost almost 7lbs in my first 4 days.

Jibbelle-I ordered 2 Walk the Pounds off video. Hopefully, I'll be getting them soon. My membership at Bally's limits me to only the gym downtown. I hate I got that one. Hopefully, these tapes will help me do more at home, which is were I really need it.

Good luck to all who weighs in today and I'll check in after my afternoon workout
Old 03-20-2003, 12:56 PM   #43  

Default Good loss

I weighed in today.... lost 2.8 pounds since Tusday am. I was really happy. My body tends to have a good loss, like 2-4lbs and then I am at 5oz, 7oz etc here and there. With a final gain for my period. Then back down again. It's ok though, as long as I lose. I find shrimp really good. When I eat it I do well, plus it lowers bad cholesterol and is one of those foods that also raises the good one.
I too am glad the group is here....some days I just want to pig out and I find some motivation here to stick to it.
The caramel bars are really good. I haven't really tried the LUNA so I am going to check them out this weekend.

Take care all
Nadine
Old 03-20-2003, 01:34 PM   #44  

Good afternoon all,

It's rainingcats and dogs here in the DC area! I just came back from my 2nd workout! I'm feel pretty good. My goal is always to burn at least 1000 calaries a day and I always make that and then some with 2 workouts. I really don't know how true the numbers are, I use the machines where I can put my weight in. Even if I don't, I feel good just thinking I do.

nvbb76-congrats on your lost I love seafood to, shrimp and crab legs are my favorites. I really have to be careful because of the cholesterol. Mines was up almost a year ago, but on yesterday, I got a clean bill of health. The bad cholesterol was low, my blood pressure is back to normal 115/70 (I previously was on HP medication, I'm officially off now).

I do understand the temtations to pig out, Lord knows I have those times. I don't win every battle, but I'm learning not to lay down and give up. I just say to myself, OK it was a bad day. Tomorrow will be better and move on. It's even harder for me because my DH has never had a weight problem nor his siblings so he doesn't always understand when I say I can't have that or do you mind not eating pizza tonight just to help me out. He's very supportive of anything I do and he's getting better with that. Hang in there girl, you're not alone.

I hope everyone is having a good day today, I'll check back later on.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:13 PM   #45  

Ok....so I should have been working out....but instead I was working on a wedding website for my mom. She lives a couple hours drive away and feels left out. Check out what I have so far!!

http://www.geocities.com/jibbelle/wedding.htm
Closed Thread