Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 11:48 AM   #16  

Default good monday all

I messed up my weekend...I usually find it hard. We are pretty active.....visiting, shopping, gardening and I too ate only one meal and ended up shoving in some things at the last minute but still didn't meet the amts. I have a 9 mth old and I find that he keeps me busy so getting in foods sometimes comes second. I also started to feel that my life revolved around food. I started to get obsessed and was weighing myself 3-4 times a day. I still do once a day and dh gets upset because he knows it bothers me when I am doing that. See he is vegetarian, I'm not, plus I make my baby food. So for every meal I make 3 different meals. It gets hard and frustrating sometimes. But when I see the measurements I do say it helps me stay on track. If not for that I would probably fold.....
My mom is in Weight Watchers and she is losing, not as fast but she does....sometimes I get all frustrated because she allowed some of the good foods that I can't have. Oh well! It's working that's the main thing.
Does anyone have any good recipes or is there a place here I can get some that fit within our plan.
Sorry to babble, I was really excited about the group, I feel like I have been going it alone and not really having anyone to talk to about the down side of things (and positives too).

Take care
Nadine
Old 03-17-2003, 11:58 AM   #17  

Hi Nvbb76...I know this can be hard. But seeing the results is what matters. I weigh my self 3x a week and that is at the centers. I too find that I get obsessed with food. If I know that we are going somewhere I start to worry about how I am going to eat. I too think about the WW stuff. But I think with LAWL we are learning how to beaware of our food intake. With WW you get so many points and if I wanted to eat chocolate cake all day as long as I had the points it would be OK. I don't see that as helping me learn what to eat. Being on LA I have learned that I ate way to many starches. The success to my way of eating has been cutting out my starches. It is very hard and sometimes I do take a nose dive....but I am more aware of how many starches I consume in one meal. I hope that makes since and I am not putting WW down....I just need more help than a points system. But I feel what ever plan works for your body and you are seeing results than that is success. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-17-2003, 12:58 PM   #18  

Thanks....I know carbs was my prob too....pasta and rice (veggie hubby) that was a lot of our food!!
I am very happy with the plan so far because I am losing well!
And I agree with the eating better thing! I nose dive sometimes...the newness is wearing off. Like I discovered I can cheat a little and still lose. The first 2 months I bdidn't dare....newbie huh?!?

Nadine
Old 03-17-2003, 02:16 PM   #19  

Kimbo-
I found the "Walk Away The Pounds" DVD and VHS on Best Buy's website. I got the DVD with both the 1 mile and 2 mile walk for less than 10 bucks!!

Tab-
Congrats on the loss! WOOHOO you are gettin skinnny!
Old 03-17-2003, 02:35 PM   #20  

I'm back from my 2nd workout and boy am I tired!

Jibbelle-- I use to workout like you along with working a job, cooking, cleaning, ironing & packing lunch. But now I can't seam to do it. I did it today and will probably work out like that again on Wednesday. Tomorrow, 1 time will have to be enough. I've got to make sure I get up and out of the house in time to get my full workout. As long as I get 1 1/2 hrs in, I'm OK but that's not always possible.

Monday's is a hard day for me but it's been OK today. Well I guess I better get back to work. I have a meeting to prepare for, I'll write later.

Have a healthy day!
Old 03-17-2003, 05:37 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Talking

Hi Everyone....just joined LA today! I'm starting the 3 day tomorrow.........I'm soooo ready! I have 33lbs to lose and 16 weeks to do it. I'm up for the challenge. Just what I've read here, I know this will be a great support group.

I check-in tomorrow and share my progress.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:32 AM   #22  

Good Morning Everyone!!

Welcome SnapyGing.....we are a great group. I really enjoy posting here. Whether it is good or bad or if I just need to vent. Everyone is great. So welcome. Good luck on the 3 day. Let us know your results.

Kim....Sometimes working out 2x a day gets to me. Since I do one workout at lunch time and then again when I get home I am OK. But there are just some days that I don't want to do it. You have a very busy life so I can imagine how you are. I hope I can keep this pace after the I have a baby. We have a girl in our gym right now who is schedule to deliver in 3 weeks and she looks great. She has worked out the entire time of the pregnancy I hope that I can do that too. I hope I have the strength.

Jib....Thanks...me skinny....that is not something that I thought I would ever hear...*smile*

Well I went in weighed in at LA last night and I was up 1lb 6oz. I guess not eating good this weekend and then munching on junk was not a good thing. We were just sooo busy. I really tried to be good. I thought that I might be up but not 1lb 6oz. But the funny thing was also last night was our weigh in at the gym for the 12 week body challenge and I went to gym after I weighed in at LA so I was a little depressed but when I stepped on their scale I was 2lbs lighter than what I weighed in at LA. So I finished the body challenge by losing 20.2lbs in 12 weeks. I won some money but the one lady lost close to 25lbs. She was the big loser...*smile* That was awesome. All the women that were on the challenge lost anywhere from 9lbs to 25lbs...it was great and fun. I am having a pampered chef party at my house this Saturday and everyone is talking about all the good food that they are planning on bringing. It will be hard to resist...but I can do it....I think. After seeing everyone success I need to keep on the straight and narrow I only have a few more pounds so I can do this.

Well everyone have a great day and I will check back later.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:45 AM   #23  

Snapy-
Welcome!

Kimbo-
I have much better luck getting exercise in on the weekends than during the week. I work full time, go to school part time (Masters program) and try and keep the house running smoothly! The least I can do is my 1 mile tape....better than nothing some days and it only takes 20 min!
Old 03-18-2003, 08:47 AM   #24  

Jib...Just remember...something is better than nothing. Any type of exercise is great. You too have a busy schedule and I admire that you can do it all. I don't know if I could. I would sure try but...I just don't know.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:33 AM   #25  

It is hard....that is why I just do the one mile sometimes. I found out if I skip one day...then I will skip again and again and again.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:30 AM   #26  

Hi all,
I lost 3/4 of a pound today, thought I gained....had hamburger...usually it's a killer. Hope everyone else is doin g well!

Nadine
Old 03-18-2003, 01:11 PM   #27  

Good afternoon Ladies,

Welcome SnapyGing! I've found this to be a good place to be.

I've tried to write all day today but it has been a very hectic work day. I'm just trying to make it through the day. It's real hard to get in the food and water when I'm this busy and going from meeting to meeting. For now, I'm behind on the food, I did get the water in during my morning workout.

I am Tab-I'm sorry, I thought it was Jibbelle doing all that exercising. I don't have children but I do have a hubby who takes up a lot of my time. No doubt I do to much for him, that's why I'm doing LAWL for me. Congrats on 20.2lbs in 12 weeks, that is GREAT, it's celebration time Woohoo! Don't be so hard on yourself, I know that's not easy but you've done a great job and yourself motivation is commendable.

Jibbelle-Thanks for the information on the tape. I would love to get it in DVD but I'm still waiting on my DH to set up the DVD player, we've had it since December. Also, I found some of those balance bar (carmel nut blast), I only bought a couple because I just wanted to taste them. They were great! I will go back on ebay and try to purchase some. I only have 4 more boxes left at LAWL and I have no plans on buying anymore. I agree with I am Tab--any workout is better than none, you keep up the good work!

Nadine-contrats on your loss! Any loss is better than a gain. Whenever I lose it gives me that extra boast to want to lose more and not cheat! Keep up the good work.

Monkeybabies-thanks for the great recipe. I'm not really good with making things like that, but this sounds really simple. My workout partner was telling me if I have 2 tablespoons of honey an hour before workout, it will boast your energy and help speed your matabolism. I don't know how true that is but I don't know if I could do that with mixing it with water.

Well, I've written enough so you ladies have a great afternoon and evening!
Old 03-18-2003, 02:25 PM   #28  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Hey guys, sorry i haven't posted in so long. Seems like we have a lot of new people on the board - welcome all! I've been super busy and traveling like a mad woman the last month or so. Also, I'm leaving my current job and moving back to west Tennessee to be close to my family. as some of you know, my mom had a heart attack last year and i've been trying to help out as much as possible. on the diet front, things are going well. I'm at 44 pounds now. I'm losing pretty steady at about 1.5 pounds a week. there's a center fairly close to where I'll be moving, so i should be able to stay on track.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:37 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Thanks for the big welcome. Well, it's my first big day and so far so good. Woke-up early to go to a 6am spin class...........felt great! I've trying to get all the food in..........I feel so stuffed right now. Does it get better after the first 3 days? Also, does anyone take the supplements, and if so, do you think they help? Have a great day.

Everyone keep up the good work!
Old 03-19-2003, 09:19 AM   #30  

Check out the place I am going to on Saturday.....it is a sorority alumni meeting at a place called "The Chocolate Bar".

http://www.saucecafe.com/thechocolatebar/index.html

*sigh* This is dangerous!!!!
Closed Thread