3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LAWL Losers and Friends April Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #16

S/C/G: 259/230/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barri1970 View Post
Also...I have a book that tells you what plan to start at depending on your height, body frame etc...I will share if you share...lol
Sounds good! Im so excited to start this plan again! The only time Ive lost weight and felt great was with LAWL!
Michelle Jaurigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #17

S/C/G: 259/230/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barri1970 View Post
you have the actual cards from the original plan...all the food is on a single laminated card? I have been searching for those cards EVERYWHERE! I only have the books, from when they changed from limiteds to no limiteds...

Would you be willing to send them to my email?

When I tell you I have been searching for them...I mean for YEARS I have been googling them like crazy and I have not been able to find them...

If you would be willing to send them to me I would be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!!!

my email is thestelmacks at gmail dot com..

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!
yes I have the laminated cards! at least once a month my husband tries to thow them away!! lol he tells me "wth? its like these things are following me! Why are they in our bedroom now? You need to trash them!" & I tell him " trash you golf clubs !!!" lol I love him but I do not trust him with my cards! I carry them in my purse now! I have some errands to run as soon as I get back Ill send them to ya!
Michelle Jaurigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #18
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies. Good to see all the old timers posting and all the new faces.

Had a great Easter but paid for it literally on Monday. I was sick as a dog from that Awesome Dessert I made myself sick with. Not really sure it was worth it, but it was devine!

Now I'm playing catch up. Can't decide if I want to go below my current weight which will take major effort or just ride this wave. I have to admit I cannot seem to find my willpower that has left me about 4 weeks ago.

Congrats on the WL for those of you who have some to report this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSchlSkny View Post
I was with LAWL for a little over a year several years back and had much success with the program (until I learned how to cheat) and was within 12lbs of my goal when I got anxious and started to "alter" the plan.
Wow is this speaking to me! Thanks for the wake up call. I too alter the plan, but so far have been successful (until recently when I can't seem to keep any "Will Power") Guess I'm going to have to get back to the basics.

Last edited by aguerin : 04-10-2012 at 03:47 PM.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #19
Micky50

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/142-152

Height: 5'5"

Holidays... ugh. Huge Easter feast, then I went a little crazy and couldn't stop eating the wrong things: everything from chocolate bars to pasta. I was down to 157 last Saturday and I'm at 160 today (hangs head in shame). I've thrown away the leftovers, went for a 1/2 hour walk this morning and will be doing take-off for the next 2 days... 4 days to lose 5lbs... not likely but I'm gonna try anyway.

NewLifeNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #20
DixieChick

Don't Sweat it Micky. Today is a whole new day. I myself ta ea day here and there to eat what I want as a reward. As long as the here and there is not each week. You will never make any progress. Easter is what I call a big dinner holiday, so I had to enjoy the special dishes that I don't normally indulge in or get any other time of the year. But, its over, lets look forward and hold out for Memorial Day!

I have resolved to not look at the scale until Monday. That way, if I'm self sabbotaging (sp) I won't be tempted cause I won't know if I've made any progress. Makes sense to me right now, cause I'm bored out of my mind. But this Friday is my anniversary (22nd) and I so don't want to spoil it by "I can't eat there" which has happened to me before.

Signed - Whinny Chick in AL. LOL

Old 04-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #21

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up

Hi all!

Like several of you, had a lovely Easter. The scale, however, does not agree with this. I didn't even come close to the Easter Challenge goal but I'm gonna keep on truckin!

On a positive results note, this is week 2 without Diet Coke! I think the brain fog might finally be lifting too. And I've had no refined sugar or CBPs (chewy bread products) since Monday. This is a major score. Now we'll have to see what the scale says about it.

Welcome to the other folks coming on board, and thanks to those die-hards for constant motivation!
lbrecycler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #22
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Hi friends.

Katie...sooo good to see you. I have been low carbing since the middle of January. I am down 19.8 lbs. It has been very slow, but it is going, once and for all. I am wholly convinced that I am going to rid myself of all of this fat forever. I am going to be healthy and strong. I am so happy you have re joined us.

I have been MIA for a spell because my Dad died last Wednesday. Even though he had COPD, it was very unexpected. I have made a conscious decision to NOT let this this event give me a permission slip to be fat. I did eat cake (shocker for those who know me) at his funeral....and was mildly less than perfect over the weekend, but stayed on the straight and narrow for the most of the time.

And to just transition into welcoming anyone new seems wrong, but there is just not much right about announcing your father's death.....so I am doing what I can to move along. So, welcome to everyone new...........and welcome back, DEB!!!! It has been quite a while. . I grinned from ear to ear when I saw your picture. .

Ok, must get some work done...just wanted to stop in and say hello .
xoxo

Official Ticker:

10/14/2013----game ON! 213
Weekly Losses with Official WI day on Mon:
Week 1 Oct 21: WI 210.4 Loss: 2.6 lbs.
Week 2 Oct 31: WI 209.4 Loss: 1.0 lbs.
Week 3 Nov 4: WI 208.8 Loss: 0.6 lbs. WW
Week 4 Nov 11: WI 208.2 Loss: 0.6 lbs.
Week 5 Nov 18: WI 203.2 Loss: 5 lbs
Week 6 Nov 25: WI
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #23
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Oh Nicole, So sorry for the loss of your dad, will keep you in my prayers!!

Thanks guys for the warm welcome back. I have dug out all my old stuff and am going to get back in the game this week. Hopefully I will have time to be more involved on the thread.

JM, you look wonderful and Josie is growing like a weed, she is so beautiful!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #24
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

I'm sure I had something to say here this morning, but now I'm so irritated at a certain individual replying to a million threads-most dating back to 2006, 2008 or 2009 asking for a free copy of the plan. sigh. At least buy someone dinner first before screwing them! (or join the group and get to know people before asking for handouts-not that anyone here has pdfs that I know of) Yeah, yeah---I'm a tad grumpy this afternoon. I really wasn't done with the weekend! And then work's been a bit crazy and frustrating . . . .oh well.

Hey to everyone!

Last edited by juliemarie : 04-16-2012 at 05:26 PM.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #25
Micky50

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/142-152

Height: 5'5"

Sincere condolences to Nicole... I lost my dad a while back and I know that it can be gut-wrenching.

Thanks for the good words Dixie - I didn't make 155 by 4/15 but I'm back down to 158. So I have 4 weeks to lose another 6lbs. Doesn't seem like much but my metabolism seems to have shut down lately. Time to start working out again *sigh*

Have a great week ladies!

NewLifeNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #26
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

got all my old books dug out, must have thrown out the first ones I started with though, dangit! I did this for so long, I think I should remember!! Gonna go get some groceries today and start TO tomorrow. Wish me luck, haven't done it in over a year!!
Also found my 8 week body makeover papers and 6 week super slimming spring challenge if anybody is interested in doing one of those challenges in a couple weeks, just holla!

Anybody else use the myfitnesspal app? my username is mtdebster if you wanna send a friend request there.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #27
DixieChick

Hello Ladies. Welcome Back Deb! I still have that awesome cookbook you put together.

Nichole: I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers for you and your family. There is nothing to be said that can make it any easier.

Nothing to report on the WL or plan status. Its just best to leave it at that. Sorry I can't be inspiring for any of you ladies, but you are in the right place for love and support.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #28
Joan

S/C/G: 180/155/150

Height: 5"8

Nicole- so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. I dread that day as I still have both my parents. My husband flew to Vancouver this last weekend because his cousins son died. It was so sad....he died on his 27th birthday.

I havent been on here lately because food had been my enemy. I dont know what I weigh because I am too dam scared to get on the scale. I still am going to the gm 4-5 times a week and I love it.

I told my husband last night that I may try a diet center again. Since there isnt LA Weightloss anymore, maybe the Jenny diet. I need something and I just dont have the willpower lately to do it on my own.

My son and I are struggling with our relationship right now and its taken a big toll on me. He is 19 and knows everything. I am just an immature Mother who is crazy. I sat and cried this morning....just feeling like I dont know what step to take next. My kid is making bad decisions and I am helpless. Okay well I am sure none of you want to listen to me ramble so I should go.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #29
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Nicole-hope you all are doing okay. So sorry about the loss of your dad.

Deb-thanks for the compliment! And yes-Jo is getting so big. She turns 6 in June and I can hardly believe it!

Joan--it is hard to do it on your own. I did Jenny years ago-and while convenient, it is soo expensive and since you don't cook your own food--it doesn't really teach you how to feed yourself, you know? Just my 2 cents. While the weight loss will happen-it's keeping it off that's the hard part. I can't believe I'm going to suggest this-but a FB friend is a distributor for this weight loss stuff called ACE. While touts of "all natural" doesn't convince me -I mean arsenic is all natural!!!----it does appear to boost energy and lower appetite. I dunno . . .For people who don't have a ton to lose--it might be worth a try. Or a little more research. But of course, like anything, what happens when you stop taking it?

Good luck on whatever you decide to do and congrats on becoming a gym rat!

Dixie/Mickey--hang in there!

I finally broke into a new decade and am only 4 lbs from my first goal. Then I'm going to shoot for another 20.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #30

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'8"

Smile

So sorry about your father, Nicole. I'm inspired by your determination not to let your loss set you back. My father just started on hospice, so I'm trying not to let food become the crutch. I'm trying to look at it as one of the few areas in my life I can control right now, so it will at least provide something positive.

I've been reading a book The Thin Commandments, he really preaches planning and strategy because willpower is unreliable. I'm trying to use it as a workbook and read a little every day. Got 3 more to go and then I'll be back in 140's!

Have a great weekend everyone-stay healthy!
lbrecycler is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.