Old 03-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #1  

Smile Coming back after many years.

It is time that I finally come back and get this weight off - again!

I did LAWL at the center start very end of December 2005 and hit maintenance April 1. I went from around 155 to 132. I was lucky to stay there for many years. I then had gallbladder issues, finally had it removed, and have been having on and off issues since that in Aug 2008. Crazy thing is, I think I have narrowed the stomach inflammation issues to artificial sweeteners - but that is a while other story!! I never thought they were that bad, but I can promise they are.

I ran a few half marathons last year and was training for them from August 2011 to Dec. Was doing well with weight, but then got a stress fracture and had to lay off since middle of November. With the winter, work, and other stupid stress I have been very unmotivated. Now I am ready to get serious. I have found the cause of my stomach and chest pain with the sweenter so I can get that under control. It was causing horrible bloating too so wasn't feeling like doing anything.

I am getting back to running and hope back to Crossfit within next few months too. I also just bought one of the BodyMedia Fit arm bands that tracks calories used during day along with sleep, etc. It used to be called BodyBugg and was on the Biggest Loser I believe.

I know from past experience with LAWL I have to stay to a strict plan or it seems no matter what I do, I just don't lose weight. I believe I was on blue (2 1/2 proteins) and will start back on that. I am doing TO tomorrow and Tuesday. I started originally on green when I did the plan, but it actually wasn't enough calories for the exercise I was doing. I do use the bars and substitute with others. I got burnt out on the ones I did eat and need to find some other varieties.

I am excited, yet dreading this at the same time. I am tired of feeling blah and none of my clothes fitting. I know if I can get a few weeks into this, I will get adjusted and it wasn't bad. I didn't usually feel hungry after I got past the initial shock. I stay up kinda late so that is where I usually have my issue is late at night.

But I am back to this board hoping to get support and help in any way I can too! I know this worked in the past and is successful when followed :-) So instead of trying some other diet, I figured I know this works! I did south beach phase 1 for a few weeks last fall and it was ok, but I like LAWL because you are not eliminating any foods. I just don't feel one can be successful long term eliminating anything. I thought about Paleo for a while since I was into Crossfit, but again, eliminating a lot of things and that seems to be too much pressure.

Thank you for reading! Hope to make some new friends on here :-)
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #2  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

slecomplete-

Welcome! I think it's great that you're getting back on plan for you get too out of control. Good luck on TO--stay busy so it's not too painful!

This board isn't exactly hopping-but there are a handful that are trying to post on a regular basis. We mainly chat in the monthly thread-so hop on over and introduce yourself! I know a few people just bookmark the thread and don't check any others.

I understand a lot of people have issues with certain artificial sweeteners. However-it seems like Stevia is tolerable to most if you want to try it.

Sounds like you're all set and ready to go . . ..let us know how you're doing . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #3  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back!

I am in your situation of returning after a long absense (over 5 years!).

It's interesting that you say that about artificial sweeteners. I was having CRIPPLING pains when I ate and after ultrasounds, bloodwork, and CAT SCAN they told me I had a huge area of inflammation in my small intestine and it was probably viral since the bloodwork didn't show infection. I started feeling better after drinking that barium resist of all things and then I also added Kefir to get some good gut fluora in there. I haven't had a problem since. I wonder if it is from all the diet mountain dew I was drinking? I do stevia now...still equal for coffee though since the stevia doesn't mix well with coffee to me.

I hope you will post how you are doing. THis board was a huge motivation to me the first time around and while it's slower now maybe we can still support one another.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #4  

Thank you Julie Marie! I will definitely post over in the monthly thread!

Mary, sounds similar!! I had blood work, scope and biopsies, etc. I mean the pain at times was horrible, it felt like a heart attack, pain right under my breast bone down thru stomach. The scope and biopsies just confirmed inflammation in esophagus and stomach, but wasn't H Pylori or anything causing it. I stopped the sweeteners and within 2 days it was gone. I am 99% certain it wasn't that it just got better from the meds.

I finally drank a diet coke this past Friday after the pain had been gone for 1.5 weeks and it came right back. So...go figure. But if you read online about aspartame and Splenda the stories are terrible - esp Splenda!

Thanks for everyone's support!

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/125

Height: 5'8.5"

Welcome back!!!!
PamelaViktoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #6  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slecompte View Post
Thank you Julie Marie! I will definitely post over in the monthly thread!

Mary, sounds similar!! I had blood work, scope and biopsies, etc. I mean the pain at times was horrible, it felt like a heart attack, pain right under my breast bone down thru stomach. The scope and biopsies just confirmed inflammation in esophagus and stomach, but wasn't H Pylori or anything causing it. I stopped the sweeteners and within 2 days it was gone. I am 99% certain it wasn't that it just got better from the meds.

I finally drank a diet coke this past Friday after the pain had been gone for 1.5 weeks and it came right back. So...go figure. But if you read online about aspartame and Splenda the stories are terrible - esp Splenda!

Thanks for everyone's support!

Sheila
I noticed that when I was drinking a lot I felt very sluggish but mostly that I was very creaky in the mornings. Not to say I don't drink some but if you saw what I was drinking before you'd flip!
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #7  

I just started again 2 days ago. Did LA in 2007 and since then have gained some weight back. Interesting info about the sweetners.
jalmgiven is offline   Reply With Quote