Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #16  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

ok.....so I took the day off yesterday. I tasted things like chocolate malts and marmallow eggs and crab rangoon and orange chicken....and I am over it, and I am OP today. I spent the day with my mom. She was having a good day, and we did whatever she liked. We even saw a bagpiper piping in his driveway, and just parked by the roadside to enjoy it . It was a great day. I did choose unhealthy foods, but I didn't go insane with them. It was one of the best days . I did not do my official WI today, and I will do it tomorrow. It just made no sense at all to bring myself down....I am quite certain the sclae gods would have tried to bring me down today. They ARE an evil group. So, today, it is simply a matter of putting one foot in front of the other and moving on. I will do my official weekly WI in the a.m. Till then....
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Mar - I'm not doing the bead diet anymore because I couldn't stick to it longer than a week at a time, just for lack of willpower. It does work though, VERY well. Just remember the first handful of pounds is water weight and it will come back on so you have to power through it the first few days to see real weight loss.

Nicole - It's awesome that you were able to indulge in those foods without going totally overboard. I can't do it - I had one piece of carrot cake last night and 2 more pieces later I felt like crap. My official weigh in is tomorrow too, so we should both able to recover from yesterday by then!
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #18  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Well I had a bad weekend with snacks at a party. I tried so hard but I gave in to temptation. I went to the gym and worked my butt off last night. I think guilt set in. I jumped on the scale this morning to see that I am actually down another half a pound from last week. Not much but at least its a loss!
I think part of it is that I have given up all soda pop.
I am looking forward to the weekend, no functions to go to. Just the gym and maybe some shopping!
Have a great day everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #19  

Hi Ladies! I posted on the board a few days ago, but I know not many people read or post there anymore and thought I would join in here.

I am back to LAWL after many years. I successfully lost my 25ish lbs from having a baby then so I am determined to lose about 15 now.

I did TO Monday and Tuesday. I was SOOO happy to get back to more normal things yesterday! A power bar never tasted so good!

I did want to add, I have been using this week also my new BodyMedia Fit band (was called Bodybugg on Biggest Lower I think) and I LOVE this thing so far! Definitely worth the $$. Costo had it much cheaper than anywhere else. But for those that have thought about it, I would definitely say get it.

I would love to give support and help out where I can. I beleive once I get back to a routine, the plan should work again!

Thanks,
Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #20  

Hi Sheila, welcome back!

I had a major setback yesterday. It was my birthday and my boyfriend took me to see the movie The Vow and I overindulged on pop, chocolate, and popcorn. So I've been at the same weight for 3 days, even though I was doing 2 days of TakeOff. Back to plan today.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 188/175/145

Height: 5'3"

I seem to be struggling to gain control with LAWL this time. I keep flip floping between LAWL and WW. I always seem to be starving on WW though. I like the thought of being able to eat what I want but I never see the results like I do on LAWL. I am at a point in my life were I want to enjoy myself, my husband, my life and be able to have a few glasses of wine and not feel horrible about it the next day...

Any thoughts...
barri1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #22  
Let's try this again . .

Once you're at a point of maintaining--you should be able to indulge every once in a while without gaining or feeling bad. While you're losing you have to be more strict. The problem is that during maintenance we tend to let our guard down and go back to the way of eating that got us fat in the first place. It's hard--I think it's all about our mindset. If we think our "diet" or eating plan is tortuous or a punishment instead of a new way of eating forever-then we sabotage ourselves before we start.

Good luck. It takes a little soul-searching. But pick one plan and go with it-trying to merge the two may be too confusing.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #23  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Nicole: YOu take them days off and enjoy them with your mother. No use in stressing over things that are not gonna matter this time next week. There is always tomorrow on to be POP. Its good that you didn't over do it and BETTER that you didn't stress over it to the point it ruined your perfect day. I applaude you.

Barri: You have got to get off the fence and pick a side. It is messing with your progress. I find that when I can't gain control I am doing something (foodwise) that is triggering it. And to gain control. I usually do a take off or fast forward. For some reason that set of food strips the temptation out of my body and puts me back on track. Don't know why but it works for me.

Good Luck all. Been on travel. I will deal with its consiquences on Monday. Not to mention that when I arrived back home (really before) My DIL was put in hospital because of BP. So her and baby are here. I am staying with her aftger being gone a few days so that is stressing me out too. Pray she and he will get to go home on Friday. Baby may be a day or to longer, but he is a week old now and needs to be home with his mama.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #24  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Barri-I agree...you can't flip flop between the two. You can have wine on LAWL- 5 oz = 1 fruit if I remember right. You can only do that 3 times a week, though. It's like Beef in that you can have it but it will hinder your loss if you have it too much.

Toni- just start fresh tomorrow. That's all you can do...that and drink some hot lemon water and all your water for the day.

Amy- sorry about DIL and grandson. Hopefully they will be home together soon.

Well I have strep throat It sucks so bad. I actually didn't test positive for strep because the girl didn't get the swap back far enough...I was being a wimp. The doctor took one look and grimaced and gave me a double antibiotic. I'm not feeling like eating but I did just have a PBJ so I don't get sick on the antibiotic. Hopefully I will be back to normal tomorrow. Today I'm just eating what I can...no way I can eat all that I'm supposed to eat right now. I'm going to the farmer's market with the kids this week so I can load up on goodies there.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #25  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

down to a total loss of 7.5 lbs now..the last 2 lbs or so thanks to the strep. would have rather lost the old fashioned way...BLECH.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #26  

Mary - 7.5 lbs good job! A loss is a loss, whether strep is to blame or not. lol

I finally broke my 4 day plateau this morning, down 5.6 lbs total. I've found that even when I don't stick to my plan perfectly, my portions have become MUCH smaller since starting LAWL, which I guess is the point. Can't wait to be in a bikini this June!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #27  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Wow is it ever so slow in here. Where is everybody?

DIL is doing better. Came home Saturday. Little man in still in Hosp. Getting very frustrated with the staff. Not doing anything to make him better. Just waiting and watching. I can wait and watch hiim at home, but I don't want him to be sick. Just frustrated. Expecing Son to blow his top at any moment because they are not doing anything.

WL is non-existant for me the past 2 weeks. Probably due to the travel and stress of the hospital. I have found that no matter what food is my comfort when I can't control things. But today is a new day. I will get this "tiny" 3lb gain back down and then try to focus on losing a few more. Congrats to thos of you who are down some.

Tonimaroni2: I loved the sound of Bikini In June! That is an inspiration to stay focused. I intended to start walking Monday after time change, but went to the hospital instead. No excuses, just think he is more important right now.

Later Peeps!

Last edited by aguerin; 03-13-2012 at 09:36 AM.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies,

Just checking in after weeks of bad behavior

Nicole - keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Amy - same to you with your grandson.

I did well in January. Then a week + of work and vacation travel. Managed to maintain during that time without following any plan. Then I did okay for my first week back. And then, the stress of preparing to run a major event on 3/3, combined with helping at another on 2/25 just took control. So I've not even been on a scale since about Feb 10 and McDonald's has once again been my go to meal.

On the plus side (well, plus for me having a partner in crime), my hubby saw himself on the video from one of the events and decided to start LAWL with me this week. But, that's even more prep work before leaving the house each morning. Oh well, just one week and then it's off on another trip. But Monday March 26 will be the next "new beginning" for us.

Figured I'd drop in and say hello, even though it's been a few weeks.

If not sooner, I'll be back full tilt on March 26.

Take care everyone!!!
RobynM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #29  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Hi friends .

Sorry I have been such an a hole about posting. I have been doing my WI's and I am only down 0.4 lbs this week, but I am good with that. The downward trend is where I am at. I guess I am finally old enough to accept that .

Things have been good around here....busy, but good. My mom got a couple of blood transfusions last week, and that has really helped her to have more energy. She has bronchitis now, and that is kind of scary, but so far, no fever. I helped her clean out her office yesterday, and then we went to this quaint (sp) little irish steak house downtown. It was super yummy, and I behaved...yay me . Anywhoo, she is here with me now, so I am going to keep this brief.

but, I do want to say....all of you who are working hard...keep it up. those of you who have been slackers....get over it and get to work. I will check in soon.
xoxo
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #30  

Nicole - glad to see you checking in and doing well.

I'm so pissed today! I've been sooo good, perfectly on plan for a week since my birthday mishap, and I've only lost .8! This is only my second week, shouldn't I still be losing 2 lbs a week??? I feel like I'm working really hard for nothing.