Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 08:32 PM   #61  

We went to our place on Hilton Head island. It rained some, but after a Buffalo winter, I'll take rain.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:45 AM   #62  

Good Morning All!!

Kathie351....Any place above 30 degrees works for me *smile* We have plans to go to our friends house in Myrtle Beach for the 4th of July. I have never been to SC before. We have a place that we go to in NC so going to SC will be a change.

I have weigh in tonight. I should be OK. Me and hubby went to Ruby Tuesday's for the salad bar for dinner last night. I did OK. I don't like mayo so none of the pasta salads that they have even tempt me. I think I stayed on plan...I may have eaten more than 2 servings of vegetables...at least it was not sweets. The worst that I could have done was the croutons...which I just love. May have had a few to many...*smile*

Monkeybabies...When are you starting the juice?

Jib...I bought my hubby a new bike for xmas. I am hoping that it is going to be warm enough this Sunday for us to go on a bike ride. We have a National Park close to our house and it has a bike path that is about 12 miles it is a nice ride. Also we live very close to Washington, DC so we bike along the mount vernon parkway. Very nice ride but very long...goes from Mount Vernon to Washington, DC. We have done the whole ride but it takes most of the day and it is like almost 30 miles round trip. We usually stop and have lunch in Old Town Alexandria. Where do you usually go biking? I think the scenery makes the ride.

Have a great day and I will check back in later
Old 03-12-2003, 09:02 AM   #63  

Tab-
We have not worked up to that long of a ride yet! We are doing 3 miles right now. After a couple more times we will go up to 4 or 5. The place we bike has a 6 mile path around the lake....so it will be nice when we can make it all the way around! And then we will start working on multiple laps!

As soon as I can get Matt off to work I am going to do my walking tape. Then....shower and head to the center for weigh in. Since I was out of town on Monday I missed weigh in. I have not been in since Friday (ususally do mon, wed, frid).

I have such a busy week planned! Thursday I have meetings with photographers and florists, Friday another photographer and a bridal shop. Saturday a sorority alumni thing at a place called "The Chocolate Bar" (doesnt sound on plan!) and Sunday a bridal fair!

Not much of a vacation!! Isnt that how it always works??
Old 03-12-2003, 09:28 AM   #64  

Jib...Sounds like fun! I really enjoyed all the wedding planning. I acutally miss it now. You still have some time before the wedding so just take everything in...you will miss it once it is over. Believe me. I didn't go through the wedding blues...but I miss all the planning.

I think I need a vacation. Work has been busy. We have a big meeting tomorrow...which I went and bought a new suit for. And it was 4 sizes smaller than the last suit I bought. And then next Wed and Thurs I am teaching a few sections of our training course. Plan to where the suit again. So we are busy doing prep work this week.

Well have a wonderful day. Let us know how weigh in goes....you never know you could be surprised.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:48 PM   #65  

I weighed in...and it wasnt so good. I am hoping that it is water weight. I refuse to update my profile...

SO....back on the wagon. I did my 2 mile walk this morning. Matt and I are also going for a 3 mile bike ride when he gets back.

I am making chicken/veggie stir fry for lunch. yum yum I will be so glad when summer gets here and there are more fruits and veggies!!
Old 03-12-2003, 01:03 PM   #66  

Hi Everyone:
Marcie I am trying to get back on the wagon myself, I am just feeling very unmotivated lately. Its supposed to snow again tomarrow that really stinks. My bike just sits in the garage. to much snow arround here still.
Tab I am with you for vacation I have big time cabin fever.
Diane
Old 03-12-2003, 01:11 PM   #67  

Diane-

Spring will be here soon! Although not soon enough. It is going to be in the 60s here all week and then snow again I think. Typical Missouri weather.

I got a box of chocolate shakes today. I like them for an afternoon snack.

Does anyone know anything about the meal replacement shakes? The lady at the center mentioned them....and called them meal replacement...but then said you could eat a salad with them?

And what happened to the caramel chocolate crunch bars we were getting a year ago??
Old 03-12-2003, 02:08 PM   #68  

Hi Jib...We have the meal replacement drinks. I was told they equal a protein and starch. To me they are very similar to a Slim Fast drink. And you are still allowed to have your vegetables and your fruit. I just need real food.

We have a farmers market every Sunday in summer with fresh fruit and veggies. It will be very nice. And it is much cheaper than going to the supermarket. I also bought the veggie keepers from tupperware so my fruits and vegetables stay fresher longer. I cut up all my veggies and fruits and store them in these containers...works great. It was a pretty good investment in tupperware.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:10 PM   #69  

I grocery shop on Friday evenings...then on Saturday morning I wash and cut up all the veggies. It makes cooking dinner so much quicker all week! Plus, I have raw veggies on hand to pack for lunch, or for a quick snack.

We just finished our 3 mile bike ride. I am having an apple and some water for a snack. I think I am going to broil some fish for dinner. It is warm enough to open a couple windows and get some fresh air in so the whole house isnt fish stinky!
Old 03-12-2003, 08:19 PM   #70  

Hi Marcie:
The meal replacement tastes pretty good but I felt hungry to fast afterwards. Someone at my center said to add banana extract to the shakes if you are looking for that banana taste. I tried it wasn't to bad but I have not gotten down the right taste yet.
I asked about new bars but really no direct answer they said soon. Did you try the twists they have garlic and barbacue? I did not handle them to well I wanted more than one bag.
I weigh in tomarrow if it does not snow.
Diane
210/157.4/140
Old 03-13-2003, 08:24 AM   #71  

Are the twists a starch like the popcorn and cheese curls? I have seen a poster at the center with them, but have not tried them.

I just finished my walk. Time for breakfast and a shower! I have a million meetings today and then class tonight. It is going to be a busy day! I just hope I have time to get decent meals in and I do not have to eat out. Ugh.

It is rainy....so no biking today...but I think it is going to be nice tomorrow and through the weekend! woohoo
Old 03-13-2003, 08:38 AM   #72  

Good morning ladies!!!

Seems that everyone is doing good with their plans. I went and weighed in last night and to my surprise I was down 1.4lbs. That is the 4oz that I gained from our Atlantic City trip plus and extra 1 extra pound. So I am not complaining.

Jib....Have a good time today with all your meetings. Hope you get a lot of wedding stuff accomplished. You have inspired me and my hubby. We are planning to take a bike ride this Sunday. We should have good weather. We have a couple of activities planned for this weekend but the bike ride will be our most active. We have b-day parties to attend both Friday and Saturday night. I am sure I will have a piece of cake at these parties....since I love sweets. Actually I have a great day planned for myself on Saturday. I have treated myself to a day at the spa. Nails, hair, facial, massage and pedicure....I am soooo excited. I am ready to be pampered.

Dianem1....I thought that drinking the drink might not feel you up. Since it is equal to a protein and a starch I would rather have half a sandwick...or something like that. I too think I would be hungry...I need to chew my food. I don't buy anything from the centers....so I have only heard that people say the chips are good.

Well everyone have a great day. I have a meeting and then a luncheon. I plan not to eat at the luncheon. I am sure I will be asked a million times why. Our office has a big meeting at the Capitol today and then they want to go to lunch at the real southern place...they serve fried green tomatoes and all. I packed my lunch and I plan to leave right after meeting so I don't have to go to lunch. Our 12 week body challenge weigh in is this coming Monday night and I don;t want to mess it up totally. I will do enough damage this weekend at the b-day parties. So have a great day.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:57 AM   #73  

I LOVE trips to the day spa!!!! I am so jealous!

The lady at the center told me that the shake is better to have when you are in a hurry and do not have time to eat. She said you can eat some salad and grab the shake to go. I have not tried them.

I do not have any birthday parties this weekend, but I have a sorority get together at a place called "The Chocolate Bar". Sounds dangerous!!! It will take every ounce of will power.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:01 AM   #74  

Jib...."Chocolate Bar" I would be is sooooooo much trouble. I just love sweets and I can't seem to stop the cravings. I don't crave to much chocolate but I just love the sugary candies like mary Janes or bit of honey or tootsie rolls....I know it sounds crazy. But believe me I would not pass up any chocolate....*smile* I keep litte reese peanut butter cups frozen in my freezer. I have an attack some times and I just have to have them....*smile* With Easter around the corner...I am trying hard not to buy jelly beans. And I don't really like them....except for this time of the year....so April is a dangerous month for me. Please write and tell us all about the "Chocolate Bar" I am curious.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:40 AM   #75  

Hi, my name is Kim and I've been surfing this thread for over a month now. I'm doing LAWL and it's been working quite well for me. I've definately had my ups and downs but for the most part it's been good.
I joined LAWL because of the structure and accountability. I'm not always able to make it three times a week but if I go twice than I'm pretty good. So far, I'm down about 25lbs., most of it was on my own but then I felt myself slipping back into old habits, that's when I decided to join LAWL.
I've enjoyed reading this forum, it's been an inspiration for me to continue on. I have close to 70lbs more to go, so I need all the support I can get. I'm on the red plan but I will ask them to change that this weekend. I work-out religiously 5/6 days a week, at lunch or in the morning. I really enjoy working out. It helps to release stress and it makes me feel better about myself. It also makes me very aware of what I'm putting in my mouth.
Anyway, I hope you guys don't mind me joining you all. I don't really do the computer on the weekends so most of my writing will be during the weekdays.
Keep up the good work!
Closed Thread