LA Weightloss #63

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Good morning everyone!!!

Well I weighed in last night and I was up 2oz...must be all that candy snacking I did....*whoops* TOM really makes me want to snack...and I want sugary stuff. Can't wait until it moves on...*smile*

Jib....No gain is a good one....*smile* I like having to weigh in 3x a week....like you said keeps me on the straight and narrow. Well most of the time. Last night I had the peanut butter urge...so I ate a spoonful of peanut butter...I just cant resist that urge. At weigh in last night I spoke to the girl about the vegetarian diet...it likes OK. I don't care for meat that much...I usually eat boca burger or morning star...I might try for a week or sooooo....Good thing about it....I get peanut butter. I also want a banana.

Here is a question for everyone.....What is the one thing that you crave...since being on the LAWL diet???
  • I crave bananas. I LOVE them! I think peanut butter is the second thing I crave most. The peanut butter lites are just not the same.

I also crave salty snacks like pretzels or baked lays or pringles!
  • Well..I am back. I actually put my program on freeze for a week, because (i know this is ridiculous ) but, it was my hubby's birthday and mine this week..so I wanted to indulge....and you know what????? It was not worth it. The first day I went off the program....I had major bowel issues...I guess that is how my body reacted to the fat. This may be TMI but, when I am on the program..I can't poop...when I am off, I can't stop. I have had a huge loss in energy...and I really need that structure (I just wish it was not sooo strict.)

This is my question to you seasoned LA'ers....Can I buy the 48 our hollywood drink instead of the Quick loss drink they sell for 30$$$$. And would I follow the same quick loss diet...ya know..the green veggies, protein, fats...but no dairy, carbs, etc. That would be very appreciated.
  • Hi all. Well I screwed up royally my first week on the LAWL plan. I cheated on the 6th day and due to a death in the family indulged in funeral food all weekend. I am starting over again tomorrow. I think this is a great plan and want to do it. I am considering joining one of the centers There was a Womens Expo in town this weekend and I stopped by a LAWL display and spoke with one of their concelors at great length. She told me she would recommend that I do the Gold plan instead of the Blue. Thanks to everyone's posts I was armed with a load of questions that she answered to my satisfaction. We talked about the cost and what I would need to get started as well as about the bars and some of the food choices. She said the diet is a common sense diet but going to the center would give me the support I needed and of couse they are full of little tricks to help me along the way. They strongly recommend the bars but she did say I did not have to use them if I did not want to. The cost for LAWL really is not that much more than going to WW or joining a Gym the big difference is the payment upfrount. She said I would have to come up with at least half of the program costs and they could work the rest out with me. I put my name in to win a free week so I may just join in a month or two. Being that my husband and I are self employed now I get a little nervous about speanding the extra money because you never know what lies ahead.

Gina - I used the 48 hr drink and it really worked I lost 5 lbs the two days I was on it And whille I was really really bad last week I only gained back 3 lbs not to bad considering I was on 6 and off 7 days! I also have a recipee that is suppossed to be the same thing It's a little too complicated for me (more than 3 or 4 ingredents)so I would rather pay the money for the 48 hr drink but I would be happy to share it if you want it. the 48 hr drink barely lasted me two days so if you make your own you would have plenty of stuff to make several batches. I did the two day quick start where you only got the juice the bars (I used Luna) and a dinner consisting of 6oz's of meat and two green veggies. I pretty much felt dizzy and nausuas for two days but by the end of the third day when I ate normal meals I felt wonderful. I can tell the difference being off the plan I am getting that sluggish feeling back again.

To all you LAWL losers keep up the good work your losses are an inspiration to those of us that are struggling to get started
  • Monkeybabies-
    I think the drinks are the same. You can substitute. They both give me migranes, so I never do them. They always tell me to use 2 oranges a day instead of the juice.

TubGirl-
    I think going to the center really helps. They let me pay for 1/2 the weeks I needed and I will pay the other half later. I am sure they will work something out for you!

Good luck at staying on plan!

I have weigh in today...I am hoping for a loss...any loss would be great!
  • I just weighed in and I was down 0.4 from Monday. Maybe I can lose another half pound in the next few days so that I can make a one pound loss for the week. When I did the plan before I think I averaged about a pound a week. I would be happy with that. Slow but sure!!
  • Hello Everyone!

I had a good weigh in yesterday...I think it was because I weighed in early in the day and TOM has started...I was down 1.2lbs....yeah....I am at my lowest weight ever. I am 6lbs from my ultimate goal. I don't know if I can get there but I am sure gonna try.

Jib...you can reach that pound...just make sure to drink all your water. Sounds like you have a great center. I had to pay up front for all my weeks....there was no pay half now and pay other half later. But I am not complaining because it was alot of money to come up with at one time......but it worked for me and that is all that matters. I am very pleased with my center. On this plan I lost between 2 to 3lbs a week but I think that is because I exercise like crazy. I usually work out at lunch for an hour and then I work out for another hour when I get home. I just pack two sets of gym clothes so I always have them with me. I think if I would go home from work that I might not want to go back out. I have joked and said that I plan my life around the gym. And it is sad to say that I do. If I have a busy Saturday planned I will get up extra early to be able to get my work out in. Then I can go about my Saturday and be happy. And of course I have been told several time that when I have a child this will all change.

Monkeybabies...I kinda have the same problem but I drink the herbal tea and it seems to help. I don't eat alot of fat....so I think I have always had a problem. I have read several time that the 48 hours stuff seems to be the same as the LA juice. Some of the ingredients are a little different but I think you should get the same effect. It should flush your body and get you ready for the weight loss. So what did you indulge in. My last indulge was on V-day and we had pizza, french fries, and a huge strawberry tallcake...all by myself and it was wonderful...and to be honest I dont think I gained anything.....maybe a couple of ounces....and it was good. But of course I got right back on track. Yes...this diet is a little strict but I find that it is easier now. I have been doing it for 4 months as of today 3/6 and I have lost 32lbs. You can do it too. Just think of the rewards.

Tubgirl....Just get yourself back on track. You have made the right step by talking with someone. I think of this as an investment to myself. I hope that the center you choose to go to will be able to work something out with you. Yes...having to pay up front seems to be the problem but I guess they want to see how committed you are to losing the weight. Well let us know what you decide to do. We are here for you!

Well everyone have a great day...it is raining and icky here today. Wish I could have stayed in bed.
  • Tab-
    It sounds like you get tons of exercise in! I have not done anything the last couple weeks. I wanted my body to get accustomed to the plan again. My finance and I are going to start biking on Friday.

On days when I can not bike, I will do my 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds tape....thanks to Diane who introduced me to them!!
  • Tab..it was bad...

Mushroom raviolis with this creamy garlic sauce..a canoli dipped in chocolate, and a glass if wine. Well...I technically should start back up again..but here in Boston we just got another 12 inches of snow (on top of the old stuff) and it is just to difficult to travel and get weighed in (not in my town) with 2 boys under 2.5 yrs...nice excuse, eh?????

Thanks for the suggestions about the 48 hour stuff....I will try it instead of buying their quick start stuff. Now another ???? According to the 48 hour stuff, you are not supposed to eat anything (yeah real healthy) So...should I follow the "quick start" diet of veggies and protein??? Thanks ladies..you are an inspiration.

oh, by the way..tab..way to go...of course you can reach that goal..wooohooooo...and about planning your life around the gym thing and that changing after kids....lets just say...I still work on my morning cofee at 3 P.M....I am still getting the hang of my 2 kids ages 2 years and 3 months...aaaggggghhhhh...a shower sounds real nice right now!!! LOL and it is my B Day too!!!!!

Marcie..tell me more about this CD? I love to walk...
  • Happy Friday Everyone!!!

Jib...I love to exercise. I know that sounds crazy but exercising is my way of dealing with stress. I have meet some wonderful woman at my gym and it has just been a great experience for me. I feel that the gym is my second home. I have been going there for about 5 yrs now. And when I started this gym I weighed over 250lbs. And I lost the first 100lbs just by exercising and cutting out fast food. So I feel very comfortable in this gym. So that is why I am there so much. And I think to myself I could be doing other things but this makes me happy. I love spinning, yoga, aerobics, and you know you always meet interesting people at the gym. I am making it sound like I have no social life...*smile*

Monkeybabies...It might be bad but it sounds sooooo good. More snow...yikes....I am so glad we are starting to thaw out. It is supposed to be in the 60's here on Saturday. I think we are going to have mountains of snow in our mall parking lots until May....*smile* About the 48 hour....me personally would follow the LA system. I would buy the cheaper juice but I would eat the protein and veggies and the 2 eggs a day. Just sounds better than eating nothing for 3 days. Is the diet 2 or 3 days??? Wow...you have 2 little ones. Sounds like you have your hands full. I have been married now for 5 months and we are still talking about the kid thing. I want to be able to stay home for a while but I also want to come back to work or work part-time or work from home. So I am trying to figure out how to make it all work. I am sure it will. And I know you can't plan for everything.

Well everyone have a great day and I will check back in before I leave. Ohhhhh me and the hubby may be going on a bus trip to Atlantic City to gamble. He is supposed to work this weekend but he really wants to go on this trip sooooooo I am not quite sure what we are going to do yet. Sounds like fun....but I hate the thought of losing my money...but then I think hmmmmm I could win some money too. I just think it will be a good day to get away and have fun together. We need it.

OK...bye
  • Monkey-

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I agree with Tab...do the juice along with green veggies, proteins, and 2 eggs.

The video is called Walk Away the Pounds...by Leslie somebody (help me out diane). I have the one mile and two mile walks. You do them right in your living room! They are great. THey come in DVD and VHS. You can also use hand weights if you want. I love it! The one mile is 20 min and the two mile is 40 min so it is easy to work into a busy schedule.

Tab-
    I wished I loved the gym. I am just so self conscious. Maybe after I lose a few pounds biking and walking I can brave it again!

I have been weighing in every Mon, Wed, and Friday after work...in jeans...that is what I wear to work. Today I have on slacks so I think I am going to skip and go on Saturday in my jeans. I do not want to see that fake loss and then fake gain on Monday! : )
  • Jib....Believe me I know how you feel about being self conscious. When I started the gym I was well over 250lbs. I was afraid that everyone was looking at me and making comments. But when I joined the gym I was given 3 personal training sessions free. And I about died when I found out that it was a male trainer. And he was a marine and in perfect physical condition. I was OK with the personal training sessions but he wanted to weigh me and do my body fat analysis. Oh my goodness.....I had to stand in front of him in spandex so he could pinch my body fat. I was soooo embarrassed....but I knew I had to do it. If I wanted to make a change I had to start from the beginning. So I just did it. All I can say is that working him was the best thing that I have done in my life. I worked out with him at our gym and then he took me to the marine base and we would run/walk the obstacle course. And believe me the day I made it over the wall I was soooo happy. Imagine at 0600 having a marine call you and tell you to meet him on base for a run/walk or an obstacle course run. I needed the extra push and he said he saw that I wanted to lose this weight. So not only did he work out with me during his paid hours but he would work out with me when he had free time. I tell him that I owe it all to him and he said that I owe it to know one but myself. That I did all the work he was just there for support. To this day I will still drive to the base and track him down for a good workout. Please don't feel too weird about going to a gym. Just remember there are people there that know how you feel. And you never know their story. I have meet someone wonderful people at the gym and the stories that I have heard. I think I go to the gym just for the support. I joined this gym when it first opened so I have seen lots of people come and go. I have seen them join and then drop out and join again. It is a cycle. But it is a healthy cycle. And by biking and walking you are taking the first steps. I just hope you get the courage to get into a gym. The can offer soooo many activities....spinning, yoga, and all the aerobics classes.....sorry I just love our gym. I can't say enough about it.

Monkeybabies...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! How are you planning to spend your big day. Have a great time!!
  • Tab....your story has such a happy ending!!! I am so glad your trainer got you on the right path!

I am getting ready to go for a bike ride...as soon as my fiance gets his self in gear. I think I will stick to biking and walking for the summer and then by fall/winter I will head to the gym. By then I should have shed a few pounds and will feel a lot better about going.

I weighed in Friday (in my slacks, not jeans like usual) and was down 0.6 lbs. SO....we will see where I am Monday.
  • Jib...I so feel that way too about a gym....I just don't feel right in my own skin...never mind people watching (although rationally, I know they probably don't even notice) but anyways, your plan sounds good....

My hubby and I Just bought a nordack track treadmill...I am sooooo siked. We debated on joining a gym (for the 3rd time in 5 years) but we decided the $$$$ would be worth it...to put into a peice of excercise equip. Ya know???? I am thrilled though...no one can watch..hehehehhehe

Monday, I start LA again...wohoo..looking foward to the structure.

Thanks for the B-day wishes...unfortunately..it felt like just another day As I mention..the weather was horrible...so din din out was canceled....and it has been a rough week all around (my two year old is driving me...to eat!!!!) Also, I belong to a December 2002 babies and Mommies group..and one of the babies just died of SIDS...how devestating. All of our babes are the same age. Wow....it just really hits home. So, it has been an emotional week all around. But, in a wierd way..It was kinda nice not to "think " about LA...I am finding it hard...what I have to do is sit down and plan all my meals for the week and stick to it. Maybe that will be easier.

Have any of you guys ever tried OA *Over eaters annonymous) I did for about 4 months....For all of you who are not familiar with the program...it is based on 12steps..and you have a sponsor and all that you call every morning and let them know what you will be eating for that day. Basically..it is no SUGAR, FLOUR, PASTA, BREAD. Now that was hard.....At least onLA you are allowed some starches...I need that. ANways...the one thing that I did take away from that program..is that compuksive overeating takes up sooo much emotional energy...for example..you are constantly thinking about food. How true..even though you are not making wise food choices..it is always a constant...so ..
    My point being here..when you write down your food...and committ to it...then you can let it go..and don;t worry about it...because it is already thought of and written down.. Do you guys follow me? It is a liberating feeling to know that since it is written down,,,,there is no need to eat compulsively....(I really have been bad this week..I just hope I didn't gain all that i lost.)

Well..later ladies...
  • Another quickie...
    Since we all have been discussing working out..any one interested in the Self Challenge???