Old 01-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3"

Hello Ladies,

Little break from the boards between work and travel.

Hi Cecilia, I'm new and trying to be a regular poster here

Cassi - way to go on the losses

Nicole - Great job with control over your trip. I just spent two days away. It was easier to stay close to plan than I thought (although I did have a few drinks with friends one night).

Last week was not great. Crazy busy at work and impossible to get all my food in. I was up 0.8 # from my lowest weight. I was bummed Monday morning, so hubby bought me flowers to cheer me up and cheer me on for the hard work involved in this process. Glad I finally found a partner who's supportive.

This week hasn't been any better, as Monday was crazy and Tue/Wed I was traveling. This am I'm at 258.0. That's still only 0.8# from my lowest. So I did okay eating in restaurants for 2 days.

But I'll be eating at restaurants from Friday evening 1/27 through Monday 2/6 (weekend at a convention and then a week at Disney ). So I'm not going to track. I'm gonna try and do my best to make good choices and get back on plan on Tuesday, 2/7.

With that, I'll probably be away from the boards for that time too. Talk to you ladies the week of Feb 6.
RobynM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #92  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Down 2.2......hells yeah!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #93  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Woohoo! Some great losses this week!

Cassi-I haven't done any more marathons-just the ones in 2004 and 2006. But yesterday and today-I JOGGED!!!! Not for long or far-but still, a little over a year ago I was well over 300 lbs. I don't think I've jogged since, I don't know-college? And today I went twice as far as yesterday and it felt awesome. yes-I am proud of myself!

I also had my 1 yr appt with the surgery team (nurse practioner and NUT) and they were both pleased with my progress. Even though I've had stalls that were of my own doing-I'm owning my mistakes, fixing them and looking for help with my food addiction. Yesterday was a great day. I had also bought a new pair of jeans and felt fab all day. I had gone into the GAP but they had a poor selection of petite sizes. I could tell the largest size they sold would fit me-but they were way too long. So I sucked it up and went into Lane Bryant (though I swore I would never shop there again) and picked up a really cute pair (14s!). I tried on a cute graphic tee to go with but the smallest size hung on me (yay!). So-I guess my *** is still plus size but my boobs are not.

um-the whole calories back thing with myfitnesspal-not really sure. I would think that if you set up a program like that with weight loss goals it would factor that it-otherwise it would seem that you could add those calories back in to maintain. But my gut response would be to NOT eat those extra calories. If you are exercising so much that you are really hungry between meals or are losing too fast or too slow-then maybe experiment with that. But if what you're doing is working-don't mess with it!

I'm going to an 80s dance thing tonight with some girlfriends. Really looking forward to it. Wish I had some 80s retro stuff to wear though. Or at least my old crimper!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning all - Happy Saturday!

My internet wasn't working for a couple of days and I have been so busy at work I could barely log my food let alone sneak on here!

Nicole - Good luck on the house! And a big congrats on that sclae!!!

Cecil - I eat the tuna with triscuits (my fave) or on toasted whole wheat bread (Nature's own double fiber is yum), an open face pita so I get two or if I don't want to use the carbs, just by itself. Also I love key lime pie yogurt with a graham cracker crumbled in. It's all the taste of the real thing while staying POP. And... WTG on that loss! Keep it going!!! We can do this!!!

JM - You must be so happy! I am looking forward to the day I can get into 14s. I am so happy for you!

Robyn - Your hubby sounds awesome Being in Florida, I have done the Disney thing. Believe it or not, you CAN find some healthy options everywhere. Just pick and choose where you splurge and where you don't and you will do great! You can go to their website for all of the dining info - even at the quick grab stands - to find out in advance what they have. I did that so I was able to say "We are eating in Tomorrowland at this place".

As for me, I am still POP I have found the joy of coffee in the morning again. A little FF Hazelnut Coffeemate and Truvia goes a long way. I used to have coffee when I was working in an office but that was long ago. I received a gift pack of Bailey's for Christmas so I bought a cheap coffee maker so I could have Bailey's with Coffee. And in our family gift exchange I received two insulated coffee cups that I thought I would never use. Well I haven't touched the Bailey's but I am now filling the machine with 1 cup of goodness each night. When I get out of bed I just turn it on and before I leave I put it in the mug.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #95  
Let's try this again . .

oh man-am I sore this morning! I danced nonstop for 3 1/2 hrs-never left the dance floor! Awesome selection of 80s and early 90s stuff! But my knees are killing me-esp since i had boots on . . . .

Quick thing I've discovered as I'm a cracker girl also but those carbs really add up! Use cucumber slices as your "cracker"-the crunch satisfies that cracker feeling and it's really yummy. I don't miss crackers with my tuna salad, cheese, hummus etc anymore. A yummy snack is a cucumber slice topped with a bit of hummus and feta and maybe a bit of olive if you're into that (I skip the olive slice .. ).
Old 01-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #96  

OK, on my way to the store for some cukes!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #97  
Let's try this again . .

Cassi-I'm sure you already know this but the english cukes (or hothouse) ones seem to be crunchier than reg cukes.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #98  

Didn't even think about it. Thanks
Old 01-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #99  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Default I'm Back Too......

Thanks to Cassi and Nicole, I'm back to chat!!! Facebook has been my free time indulgence and I don't really do that very much. So cool to hear from the old-timers and to see how everyone is doing...My goodness, my life is dull and boring compared to all of yours! Nicole - Sorry about your loss and your mom's illness and good luck on the house in Wisconsin; Cassi - good to see you and get your update; I see a few of you other oldies on FB, but it's nice to have this site to share tips, tricks, and other motivational measures to succeed....

Anyone want to sign up for a challenge (haha - I always needed a challenge to stay motivated.....and it worked a couple times).....??

My story - hmmmmm....same old same old. Getting older (I'm 54 now); need to lose at least 30 lbs and started the new year off with bronchitis and back problems. Everything's is fine now, so what's my excuse...OH.....give me a minute, I'll think of something. I always do.

I'm not doing any particular program but trying to eat more whole foods, a lot less carbs, fruits, veggies, etc. I may also check out the myfitness pal, because in my mind I am convinced it's all about the calories I eat and the exercise I (need to) do. Now that I've finally embraced the smartphone thing, it should be easy, right! We'll see..........

I'm also trying to avoid taking OTC drugs like advil, aleve, prilosec and sleep aids to cover up achiness, indigestion and sleeplessness. When I stop and realize the achiness, indigestion and sleeplessness are the result of poor eating choices, that also makes me think really hard about eating chocolate, eating chips, drinking alcohol, etc. Each day it's getting clearer and clearer to me that I have to take care of me, because, guess what...no one else has offered to do it....

So, Monday morning I will weigh in, check in and eat English cucumbers and hummus when my crunch craving hits me (great tip Julie) and then I'll have Cassi's famous tilapia recipe that STILL is magnetized to my fridge!

Thanks for the nudges....and Jillian, you continue to amaze me. I'll check out your heart link too........night everyone....

Hey Julie - in an earlier post you said Josie is 5 1/2 (that is her age, right and not her height!).

Last edited by Joni135; 01-28-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #100  

Yayyyy - Joni is back! I like your idea of the OTC thing. I have also noticed that since I've been eating healthier I don't need the zantac. I do take ambien, but I've been able to take less.

I went out last night with some friends to a local sports bar and drank for the first time this year - with the exception of a glass of wine one other night. Since I had only had soup and a sandwich during the day, of course I needed some fried stuff to soak up the alcohol come midnight. I won't lie, it tasted good. And they had tater tots! But I got on the scale this morning and I'm only up .6 so I am happy! I will chug the water today and flush it out.

I'm thinking of pumping up my bike tires and taking a ride later today. We'll see if that actually happens!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #101  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

So, how was the bike ride Cassi!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #102  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

I was checking in a lot here last year, but like Jillian said, it was hard to keep a conversation going. I was thrilled to check in tonight and find so many people are back!

I've been chipping away at my weight since July of 2010 (I regained everything I lost on LAWL +20lbs) and was down to 199 last September, but I gained back a bit over the holidays and during a cruise, so I'm working on that again now, but I'm within 10lbs of that low.

Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #103  
Post-Master

whoah....down 2.2 over the weekend......I didn't even read anything posted over the weekend yet....but will be back later this a.m. to catch up....just had to report my loss!!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #104  
Post-Master

OMG...this is awesome!!!! I am super excited to see everyone checking in

Joni, did you do your WI? I am also doing a lower carb thing, but it is on my terms. I eat fresh veggies and citrus fruit and high protein items....so far. Oh, and whole grain bread that is low in carbs. And, I am totally up for a challenge. Let's do a prize .

JM...thanks for the cucumber idea. I love them, and I love crackesr, and I am going to make my family a nice after school snack with them.

Angie....great to see you posting. I am thinking about being done with FB. It is just kind of creeping me out lately. Some people from my past....like 15 years ago past, have been creeping their creepy selves into my family, and I am not liking it one little bit,

Oh, and on a very exciting note.....WE GOT OUR HOUSE!!!! They accepted our bid, and it has passed inspection. It shouldn't be more than a month until I am homeward bound . It is a very good thing, as now my Dad's health is failing. WTF? He has COPD and has been in the hospital for a week now.

Anyway...have to run..... I have a mover here giving us an estimate, and I think he is about done.

I think we need Katie.
xoxo
Old 01-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #105  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Hi everybody! I haven't forgotten to post just been busy.

Glad to see all the WLs for those that are working at it.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to some of the old timers like me. Its good to see the faces. Cassie you helped me out a lot when I first started, its good to see you back in here.

I have been doing the plan successfully since January 12th and am happy to report not only a WL of 7 lbs but also that my BP has not been bothering me for the last week. Its easy to forget how good you feel and how much energy you have when you actually eat right. That has been my motivation. Not the WL. But thank God the WL comes with it.

It has not been hard for me to stay on plan this time. What has been harder is hording my servings (saving them til later). I'm so afraid that I am going to be hungry "later" and won't have any portions left to eat so I want to wait. Anybody else have that problem? Or other problems they are dealing with?
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote