3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss #62

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 12:28 PM   #46
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

welcome gina, hi all.

i am feeling much better...it's a good thing too as I'm about to hit the road for a week! ugh.

tab, i think there is something about this WOL that makes you crave peanut butter, both myself and the other girl here at work who are doing LAWL have had jags when all we wanted was peanut butter. it's good stuff!

Ultimate Goal 160

Minigoal - under 200 by New Years
Old 02-19-2003, 12:52 PM   #47

Hi GringaGordita...I wonder what it is about peanut butter. I have never craved it before. It must be something that my body needs. Maybe it is the fat. Who knows!!! All I know is that I can't control myself. I don't overeat it....I just get a spoonful at a time. *smile* I am heading out next week for work and I am a bit nervous. I just got off the phone with the conference laday and she was telling me about the meals....wow...it is going to be hard to stay on plan. 3 meals a day with snack in morning and afternoon...I will just have to make wise choices. How do you do it when you are travelling?? Also, no gym...nothing but trails outside. And they just got 30inches of snow...so I don't think it will be melted by next week. I am going to go nuts....no TV either. Yikes...this will be a test of willpower...one I hope I dont fail toooo bad.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:33 PM   #48

Wow, Tab..... It' sounds like you're in for a " treat "! ! LOL. I am still on my plateau 155.4. Up 1....down1.....then up again. I think it's something my body needs to go through !
Glad you're feeling better Gringa.

Welcome Gina ! ! !
We are going to Hilton Head next week for 10 days, so I'll be incomunicado. I'll try to post before we leave. It'll be good to get out of the snow and cold.

Kathie
Old 02-19-2003, 05:42 PM   #49
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

hey tab, traveling can be hard when you're trying to be good food-wise. i actually eat out a lot on the road though, almost any place has a grilled chicken something or grilled fish. plus, you can get pretty healthy stuff at the fast food places. sounds like the meals are going to be provided for you at your convention. while that can be hard, you can almost always get them to make minor modifications that will restrict the calories. you know, dressing on the side, potato toppings on the side, etc. plus, pretty much anyplace will trade out a side item for steamed veggies. you'll do great!

Ultimate Goal 160

Minigoal - under 200 by New Years
Old 02-20-2003, 01:00 AM   #50
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Thanks every one for the warm welcome!!!

I kinda fell off the wagon since V-day...and because of the snow..but I still lost a pound today at weigh in. (hmmm, it must be all that shoveling, we got buried here in Boston, too) I get so discouraged..mostly because this is such a challange, and it will not miraculously end after goal...but I have to take one meal at a time. Weightloss takes a lot of planning and energy...and lately (with the newborn ) I just am so sleep deprived and have no energy (although I am online late at nite, stress releif I guess) Also, my hubby is an accountant, and this is obviously his busiest time (tax season) so, not only am I feeling overwhelmed, but also stressed..not a good combo for an emotional eater. Sometimes,I think I should have started this after tax season...but hey, would it rfeally be that easier then...I think not.

Anyways...about the peanut butter thing...I have nt read all your back messages, but have you guys tried the Peanut butter chocolate LA Lites.....mmmmmm, yummy it is my favorite.

My hubby almost flipped when he found out about the $$1,350. that I spent on the bars....he said "thirteen hundres dollars for CANDY BARS" I have to say, I was not impressed on how LAWL did not factor that cost into my start up cost for the program. It was bad enough convincing him, and myself (I am a stay at home mom...so we are on only one income...eeekkks) for the $$600.00 start up cost. We both know it is worth it....in the long run. O.k...I have ranted long enough...LOL I am also on the red plan.
Gina
248/240/175

"There is no try, there is only DO" Yoda

Old 02-21-2003, 04:37 PM   #51

Good Afternoon Everyone...

Wow....what a snow storm...and now we have the rain. I am hoping we don't have too much flooding. We have sholved all around the house drains and all that stuff. My fingers are crossed.

Well I weighed in on Wednesday night and I was quite surprised...after all my eating for V-day and a few snacks because of the snow...I was only up 6oz. I was very happy with that.

Well this weekend I have planned a girls slumber party at my house. I sent out invitations to all my girlfriends and invited them to spend night at my house. My hubby is on midnights so he is not home. And I have ask them to only bring healthy snacks. We will see how that goes. We are planning on going to dinner and a movie and then back to my house for some plain old girl talk. Cant wait. We have not all been together since my wedding in October. After dinner and the movie treats who is going to want more food.....but as long as it it healthy we should be OK.

Gringagordita......I am hoping that I survive. I plan to skip the breakfast that they serve. I will bring plain oatmeal or a cereal bar. As long as I have coffee I will be OK. I will just pretend that I over slept and missed breakfast. For lunch and dinner I will just have to make reasonable choices. It is hard because we all have to eat together and I am not used to the people that I work with watch how I eat. Normally I am in my cube and I eat at my desk. Now I will be setting at a formal dining table....yikes.

Monkeybabies....No matter when you start it is not easy. You may think it will be easy but there are always struggles. I tried all the LA Lites and to be honest nothing is as good as the real thing. As for the bars....I didn't buy them. I told them at my center when they tried to get me to pay the $1200 for bars that I was not interested because I was not going to live my life eating their bars. And to be totally honest I didn't have that kind of money. At first they tried to pressure me and tell me that I wouldn't lose my weight as fast and I said well we will just have to see. I bought 15 weeks of weightloss and I hit my goal in just 13 weeks. And I didn't eat LA Lites except for the free boxes that I received when I signed up and I am sure they were not free that I paid for them somewhere. When I got the boxes of LA Liets and the Cereal Bars I cut out the nutritional information and went to Walmart and just did a comparison with all the bars. I found bars that are very compatiable with the LA Lites and they were a whole lot cheaper. So that is what I have done for the last 14 weeks. I also just take my normal multi-vitamins. I never bought a supplement from them. So if I can do it anyone can. It just makes it easier that you have paid up front and you don't have to worry about paying now. I did buy the cookbook....and it was worth it. I need variety and this book offers tons of variety.
Well I will now be struggle with maintaing my weight. That scares me. I have never had to maintain. I have always wanted to lose. This will be a new struggle for me.

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend and we all have successful weigh ins. I will check back in on Monday.

See Ya
Old 02-22-2003, 11:44 AM   #52

Good morning all!

I am soooo glad to see some familiar faces. I have not been in here in a few months and I was afraid when I logged on it would be a whole new crowd.

So....I rejoined LA today. They built a new center about half way between my office and home. It is actually only about a block out of the way when I drive home. It has been there for about 4 months, and the same group that started it is still there!! WOW. There are only 3 people working there full time and I talked to two of them today. They are both great and seemed very committed....so I am hoping they do not have the huge turnover problem that I have seen at the other centers. Since the center is new, they have a pretty small group of clients right now, which is nice for me....no lines for weigh in!

She didnt make me pay for any program costs, since I had done LA before. The manager actually worked at my old center for 2 months before they opened this one. She just let me buy weeks to get started. I will buy some LA lites when I go back Monday after my 3 day TakeOff (with oranges....I hate that juice!). I am going to check out ebay and see if I can find any good buys on lites.

Well...I am off to the grocery store, I know I do not have 3 days worth of green veggies!
Old 02-22-2003, 01:22 PM   #53

Hi, well I have been off program now for about 2 weeks. I have been fighting with the same 6 lbs for about 5 months, and it's not like it is my last 6 lbs, I have a bout 75 to lose. So, I stopped and really evaluated the situation and I do take responsiblility for not being on program , but I stopped and asked what are they doing for me at the center, and I basically realized that all I do there is get weighed, the councelor has been no help, even though I think they are a sweets girls. one is about 100 lbs and has never had a weight problem, she did go to school to study nutrition, but all of us with this problem probably have aquired as much knowledge as she has along the way, but the real weight problem is in our heads. The other girl is also young and needs to lose maybe 20 lbs,when ever I tell her that I am having trouble she says me too, and I end up counseling her. The 3rd girl , got fired........
For all the money I have spent I have never been given any Motivational help, any behavior modification tips, actually when I look at it truthfully, all I've gotten is a place to get weighted
Now they have a new girl and I've watched her and she seems tough, I don't like that but I need that.
I think I will be doing better with her, first thing she said is "do you have the cookbook?", I said "No", she said "has any one ever told you that you need it?" I said "No"....she said , you know waht I am going to give you back a few weeks, you take this cook book, you write down your food , you come and see only me, you do plan, and we will get this weight off together, You do the work and I will be at your side........this is what I need, this is what I paid all this money for.
So I guess the point I am trying to make is that if you don't feel you are getting what you paid for , speak up. I didn't want to hurt anyones feeling cause I thought all the girls were dolls, but the bottom line is, I was getting ripped off.........and I was to the point where I was ready to call headquarters, I am so glad I expressed my feeling and this girl intervened.
Thanks for te ear.................., I was told at my first post to just use this board to vent so that is what I just did, and you know what? I feel better, and above all I hope what I said will help some one else who is struggling with the same pounds............Munbun
Old 02-22-2003, 08:45 PM   #54
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Munbun...
I am glad that you spoke up...that is totally what I need too, a "militant" councelor. My center is a fairly new center, and They barely have their act together. I wish I would have one consistent person...but I guess that is impossible.
Marcie...
I am glad to see that you have rejoined. Good for you!!!!!!

I lost another pound, and it is coming off...slowly but surely. I guess sloe and steady wins the race. What is every one doing for breakfast. I am getting soooo sick of eggs and egg beaters. Any suggestions?? Thans,
Gina

"There is no try, there is only DO" Yoda

Old 02-23-2003, 09:30 AM   #55

Munbun-
I completely understand what you are saying and I have felt the same before. I am glad to hear that you found someone at the center to connect with. I think that is very important! I am hoping to do the same at this center!

Gina-
I am guessing you are on the red plan and need 1/2 a protein for breakfast (hence the egg beaters). I do eggs twice a week, cottage cheese/melba toast three times a week, and the other two days I eat a couple strips of grilled chicken as a mid morning snack. It seems odd to eat meat for breakfast, so I have it a little later in the day.

So far all is well with the LA Express. I will be glad when Tuesday gets here and I can cook some veggies and eat some carbs!!

How does everyone like the weekends off? They told me I would do the plan for 4 weeks before they let me try it.

Last edited by Jibbelle : 02-23-2003 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:46 AM   #56

Good Morning Everyone!!

Jibbelle...Welcome back!! I am glad to see you again. Looking forward to posting with you and I am always looking for support. You are fourtunate to have a center so close. My center is about a 10 minute drive from my home and I just love the convience. My friend on the other hand has to drive about 30 minutes to her center and she has not done so well. She has kids and then the drive and she has fallen off track several times. Then she finally put a hold on her weeks and is hoping that they will open a center closer to her home. What is the 3 day take off with oranges??? I have only done the juice once. And it wasn't that great....but I managed.

Monkeybabies....WTG..1lb down. Keep it up....Slow and steady wins the race everytime...*smile*. I too am on the red plan and on Mon, Wed, Fri I eat 4oz unsweetned applesause, 1 hard boiled egg, and 1 piece lite wheat toast. On Tues and Thursday I will have plain oatmeal with cinnamon and 1 equal and some unsweetned applesauce. And then on the weekends I usually just grab a cereal bar....that is because I go to gym first thing in morning and then I just want something quick. I would love to hear other ideas for breakfast. I don't like cottage cheese so I am out there. Also, for a special treat I will have a bowl of cereal. I just love the Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal.

Munbun....Glad you got the support you were looking for. We have 3 different counslers at our center and there are a couple that I too feel that I am their counseler specially when it comes to working out. All of the girls are sweet but I think I know more than them sometimes...at least I feel that way. About the cookbook...I was not told to buy it.....but I bought it so I could spice up my menus....I needed variety and with the cookbook I have found several different receipes that I enjoy. And the best part it is quick and simple. I only cook for myself and my husband and I usually cook him something different. So the cookbook has done wonders for me. Well I am looking forward to hear about your success as the pounds start dropping off....*smile*

Well as for me I weighed in on Saturday and I was down 1lb. Yeah!!! I will take that and be happy. Also, I told you that I was going to have all the girls over for a slumber party.....welll we had sooooo much rain and it came sooo fast on Saturday that my basement flooded. So I had to cancel my slumber party and my husband had to take off work and we had to get the water out of basement....what a mess. We are now in the process of drying out the carpet....We fixed the problem so we are hoping no more flooding. Well I will not be back online until next Monday. I hope everyone stays OP. For me it will be tough I will be having 3 meals a day prepared by someone other than myself...I will try and make sensiable changes...I am really nervous because I am at my lowest weight ever and I don't want to gain. And this place has no gym....so I can't even work out....yikes....

Take care and I will check in through out today and then I will chat again on Monday.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:53 AM   #57

Tab-
I get migranes from the juice, so instead of drinking it you eat two/three oranges a day (depending on size). Congrats on the pound loss! woohoo for you!

I also like cereal Tab! I will eat a teacup of cereal with milk while my fiance eats a bowl of ice cream for dessert!

I am on day three of the LA Express....so far so good. I can not wait until tomorrow! I am ready to cook some veggies!

Quick question....I saw some peanut butter posts up top....is that part of the weekends off????
Old 02-24-2003, 09:11 AM   #58

Tab, thanks, and Congrats to you on your Pound.
Sorry your sleep over was cancelled. It sounded so fun, like something I would do. I think women need other women. Don't get me wrong I love my husband dearly and we are great together , but women just need the support and fun and laughs with other women, I don't think men need that connection as much as women do. Any way, I hope you reschedule.
My best friend lives in Fredricksburg and I try to get down there every year, we have a blast. Her husband just says OK, girl time and he stays busy, my husband doesn't usually come and we have so much fun.....we have been friends since we were 4.......
we have also done the weight thing many times together, she is in the process of losing 70 lbs.
Thanks for the support everyone who has written me, I have stayed on program all week end and that in the midst of a few crisis'.
We are having a hardwopod floor put in our dining room and when we pulled up the carpet we found a big wet spot int he corner, I mean big. Now I have to call the insurance co, get that looked at and fixed, etc. etc. etc..........so now I have all my dining room in my kitchen and it will also longer than I thought......
Sorry I got of track from food. I will watch that next time.....
good luck and have a good week, I will be waiting to hear how you made out. Munbun
Old 02-24-2003, 09:49 AM   #59

Hello Munbun and Jibbelle...

It is great to see people posting....

Jib....Peanut butter...mmm...mmm...good. Yes, I mention peanut butter because it is the one thing that I crave on this diet. And I crave it more when it is close to TOM. I looked at the weekends off plan but I never tried it. I was afraid of too many starches. I just love starches and I was afraid that I would not be able to get back on track after the weekend. So I opted not to do weekends off...but on the weekends off plan you can have peanut butter one time. Sometimes I thought of just doing it for the peanut butter...*smile*. Let us know the results of the 3 days. So how much longer till the wedding?? How are the plans??

Munbun....Yes...I love my girl time. I have a group of friends that I have known since about middle school and we like to get together every month or sooo. It doesn't always work out but we like to try. We have sooo much fun when we are together it is cheaper than a therapy session...*smile* and much better. We all struggle with our weight. Most of my friends have been married for several years and have children. I am still and newlywed with no kids. Of course, I hear how much our life will change once we have kids. And I am sure it will. I have a lot of free quiet time to myself. My husbands works rotating shifts and he works midnights for a month and that is when I have the most time. I actually get bored sometimes. Because they are always busy with husbands/kids. So.....I am now going to try and plan just a Sunday brunch and a movie. I will work on this when I get back from my work off-site. I was really looking forward to the sleep over...but maybe next time. We now have hardwood floors in our house and I feel your pain. We had a few bad spots....water spots....we actually had to redo the area. Sanding and all....my husband handled it I just know it was pretty intense work going on. We have an older home and we have made many major changes soooo every time we start a project we prepare our selves for the worst. You just hit a little bump in the road...as long as you get yourself back on the pavement you will be just fine...*smile*
Old 02-24-2003, 09:58 AM   #60

Tab-
I am not expecting much out of the first three days. When I started the program last time, I did not lose anything the first week, but lost 8 lbs in the following two weeks!! SO...I will not be too disappointed if the scale doesnt move this afternoon. I think it takes my body a bit of time to adjust to the program.

I LOVE peanut butter....it is a weakness of mine. If I could have it once a week I would be oh so happy! I am anxious to see the weekends off plan....but they will not let me start it for another month.

Right now, the wedding is June 19, 2004. I am submitting my application for the church this week....and we will find out June 1, 2003 if we get it. *keeping fingers crossed* I gave them a couple alternative dates, so I am guessing something will work out. I am just ready to get the church booked so I can start booking other vendors! I can not believe how much work it is to plan a wedding!!! Between work, school, and wedding planning I do not have much free time.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.