Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 10:18 AM   #31  

Hello Everyone....

Well I had a good weigh-in last night I was only up 2oz. Did any one hear me yelling and screaming for joy....*smile* This is great considering my saturday weigh-in was in the morning and my monday weigh-in is in the eveining. I will take the 2oz. That puts me at my LA goal and it puts me at my Valentines day goal. So I am very exciting. I still have 3 weeks left of weight loss time so I am going to see how low I can go. This is such a great feeling I remember when I started on November 6th to be exact. I was miserable. Now I have come to see the light at the end of the tunnel....Let just hope the next step in maintenance or stabilization is just as easy. What step is next in LA? I am not sure. I am nervouse about trying to maintain a weight. I have never had to do that before. I have always wanted to lose. So this in its self will be a new experience for me.

Munbun....I work in the Washington, DC area...and let me tell you security is tight. I worry more about terrorism. Everything coming into building is being check 3 times. Very time consuming every morning but let me tell you...it is worth it to think that I am kinda safe while at work. I try not to watch the news but we are always hearing something at work. Just yesterday my boss asked if we have enough supplies in office to last for three days...water and stuff like that....just incase we get stuck downtown and cant go home. That was a eye opener. To think that I could be that close to something. But anyhow.....I know what you mean to get it off you chest....So how is the weight loss. Do you weigh-in 3x a week.

dianem1...Are you doing the two day take off? Isn't it only green vegetables. I remember something like that.

er130....Way to go...you are definately on your way. Keep up the good work and you will be under 150 before you know it. You know TOM is sooooo hard for me. I seem to go up like 3 to 4lbs and it soooo depressing. I try not to think about it. Because when I get depressed I want to eat. And that is not good. You will make it.

Kris1209...no gain is good. I bet you will show a loss the next time.

GringaGordita...So how was the weigh-in?? Hope your feeling better.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:02 PM   #32  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

still a little under the weather, but was down at weigh-in...which is good considering the arrival of tom...only .25 from 40 pounds gone. then i'll really be doing the dance of joy
Old 02-11-2003, 08:35 PM   #33  

Hello all!
A friend told me I could find this message board at our LAWL center, and it's neat to see what everyone is going thru...
I just got done reading several of the posts, and one that stuck out was the hollywood juice stuff...let me tell you, that is nothing like the take off...it's full of preservatives..if you dont want to do the juice, you can replace the take off with a 1/8 of a cantalope..and get the same effects...I have IBS and that is the modification for me.
Looking forward to chatting more!!
Old 02-12-2003, 07:10 AM   #34  

Good Morning All!

Allyamy....Welcome!! Looking forward to hearing more from you. How long have you been on LAWL? What plan are you following?

GringaGordita....Ick...TOM...at least you still showing a loss. I always go up some lbs....Well take care of yourself so you can get back on the exercise track.

Well I have been doing well. I have weigh in tonight so we shall see. I have found that I crave peanut butter. Last night hubby wanted PB&J for dinner....how easy is that....the hardest part was trying not to eat the peanut butter....I couldn't resist so I had to have a bite of peanut butter. And boy was it good. It was hard to stop at one bite..but I did.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 02-12-2003, 05:19 PM   #35  

Hi All;
So Erin how did you do? I made it thank goodness. I was counting the hours until the day was over.
Tab your right is it only the green veggie but that is usually what I stick to anyway. That peanut butter caught me over the weekend good job just taking a little.
Gringa are you feeling better?
Welcome Ally this is a great group hear.
Diane
Old 02-13-2003, 06:58 AM   #36  

Hello Everyone!!

Well I had weigh-in last night and I was down 2oz. The same 2oz that I gained on Monday.

Nothing really new or exciting with me. Just waiting for Saturday until I get my pizza. We are supposed to have bad weather on Saturday well actually all weekend starting Friday night. I hope that the weather does not mess up my pizza plans. I will walk to Uno's if I have to...*smile* Just think pizza and exercise. Thats a good combo.

Well I hope everyone has a great day and i will check back in later.

Bye!!
Old 02-13-2003, 10:05 AM   #37  

Good Morning! Sound like everyone is doing great! I had the day off yesterday so I weighed in a couple of hours early and showed a 2 1/2 pound loss - yeah!!! I wont be disappointed tomorrow if I show the same since I did go earlier in the day.

We discussed a little more about weekends off yesteday and they told me I will get it this weekend - I am a little nervous so I dont think I'll eat those carbs unless I just have a breakdown. I think as long as I can handle being the strict program I will then save weekends off for when I have a breakdown.....and that time will come.

I have been faithfully walking each night so I think it is starting to pay off.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 02-13-2003, 10:16 AM   #38  

Kris1209....WTG...2 1/2lbs is totally awesome. Do you also find that you will weigh different depending on what time you weigh in. I have always wondered if it is better weigh in the morning or the evening...and if the weight is different what is your true weight. I have heard that your morning weight is your true weight. I just don't know. I like my morning weight better...I am usually lower. I know what you mean about the weekends off. All those starches look wonderful. But I stayed strict until I reached my goal. But it is nice to know that if you have a breakdown you can have something good...to curb that craving. Keep up the walking that is a great form of exercise. You know that say that if you do something for 2 weeks it can easily become a habit...so...how bad of a habit can that be...*smile*
Old 02-13-2003, 01:11 PM   #39  

Question Help!

On Thurs the girls in my office all go to lunch together......well today we went to Panera Bread..................

I had the lowfat black bean soup (wanted the broc/chedder in the bred bowl) - does anyone know if I count that as a Protein? I dont think it would be a veggie? Hope I didnt mess up by having that...........how bad could soup be?
Old 02-13-2003, 02:03 PM   #40  

Kris1209......I would call your center and ask. That is what they are there for. I would think it would count as a protein. But who knows!! At least you were aware of your choices and you choose the healthier soup...the sodium may have been high. Just drink your hot lemon water. Let me know what you find out!
Old 02-13-2003, 02:22 PM   #41  

Default Black Bean Soup.......

Thanks Tab - I just called my center and was reminded that this was NOT on program...............but to count as a protein.........
Old 02-13-2003, 03:41 PM   #42  

Hi all,
Well iwent in today and I was down 1.2. I am now 154.2. I hope I broke that cycle of losing and gainig between 19 and 20 lbs.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Kathie
Old 02-18-2003, 11:39 AM   #43  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

hey guys, welcome to the newbies on the board. sorry i've been AWOL. i've been out sick for a few days and terrribly busy at work. finally hit my 40 pound mark, so i'm very excited. food and exercise have been well, especially considering my state of health. glad to hear everyone is doing well.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:42 PM   #44  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Hello every one..
My name is Gina and I am new to the boards. I am on week three of LA. I have lost 7 lbs so far...only 68 more to go. I am also a new mom again of a 2 month old..and a 2 year old. I am finding very difficult to eat enough and prepare my food. I need the support of an online community..and this place is the only one that I found that is current. I am looking foward to getting to "know" every one! Thanks
Old 02-19-2003, 09:59 AM   #45  

Hello Everyone....

Well we have finally dug ourselves out of the snow. In our area we got 23 inches. I don't want to see snow again this winter *smile*

Monkeybabies (Gina)....Welcome!!! Yes...this is a very supportive group. Congrats on the new baby!! How do you handle a 2 month old and a 2 yr old? I have no children...yet...I just got married in Oct soooo we are not really trying yet. We have talked about it but.....we are going wait a little longer. What plan are you on at LAWL? Looking forward to getting to know you.

GringaGordita....Congrats on the 40lb mark!! I see your next goal 10lbs by 3/31....you can do it. I hope you are feeling better.

Kathie351...I know how good it feels to break the barrier. Keep up the good work!!!

kris1209.....Haven't heard from you....How are you doing?

Well I had a great weigh-in on Saturday...I was down another 2.2lbs. Again, I contribute this weightloss to being a Saturday morning weigh in and I had nothing to eat and I just had finished working out. I think it was a lot of water weight. Soooo...it was nice to see the scale saying 142.6. But as you all know I have been talking about going out for pizza....well after weigh-in me and my husband went out for Valentines day. I know we are a day off but he works midnights. So we went to Uno's pizza and I had pizza and french fries....mmm mmm good. I had not had pizza since before November...I tried to eat slow so I could enjoy each bite....then we went to the movies....no popcorn because I was stuffed from the pizza....but after the movies we went and had dessert...I ate a whole strawberry tall cake...from Ruby Tuesday all by myself....that really pushed me over the edge. I felt sick the rest of the night...but it was good. But the worst part came on Sunday when I woke up and I wanted to go to the gym and work out because of all the food I ate and we had so much snow and our gym was closed. But we ended up shoveling our driveway 5 times on Sunday. We were trying to keep up with the snow. Then the gym was closed again on Monday. And of course being stuck in the house...I got the munchies...I did good but I again hit the peanut butter....I was eating spoonfuls of peanut butter. Finally on Tuesday I got to go to the gym and I got my eating back on track. I didn't do tooo bad but the pizza and strawberry tallcake may have pushed me over the edge. I hope my center is open tonight because I need to weigh in. I am a little nervous about it but...I enjoyed myself and that is all that matters....and the best part is that I am back on track. Plus, I am back at work today and that makes keeping on plan so much easier.

I hope everyone has a great day and I will check back later.
Closed Thread