LAWL August Chat

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • i plan on doing the gold plan. it works for me. i havent done well this week and its very disappointing. no will power and no support....
  • Susan - Good luck with the gold plan. Sorry you had a rough week.
  • hey all. a late quick check in for me. haven't had much time to do so, i hope everyone is doing well.

susan--sorry you're having a rough time. keep at it and stay positive, set mini goals/changes. you can do it!

i changed up my avatar pic again since i got a new haircut! also put a new profile pic up too.

also, i'm still looking for donations to my Heart Walk that is coming up this weekend (aug 27th) http://t.co/9XufJ7J that's the link, if you're so inclined to make a donation. i really appreciate the support. also, i was nominated for the 2011 Lifestyle Change Award and was selected as a finalist! only 2 people are chosen as recipents--i hope i'm one! exciting!!!
  • Back from Vegas! Had an awesome time but now its time to get back into a routine. I am going to a womens only gym today after work. Its on my way home so I am thinking that if the price is right, maybe I will join. I didnt weigh myself when I got back from vacation because I am certain that there were a few pounds gained. We got home Friday and I worked outside in my yard all weekend so hopefully I burned a few calories!!!
    Anyways, hope everyone is doing well!

Joan
  • Hope everyone is well and not too shaken up by the mini-earthquake on the East Coast yesterday!
  • hey all! just thought i'd stop by and say hi while i had a quick second to do so.
    i updated my avatar/profile pic again to the picture i submitted to the American Heart Association for being one of the final nominees! the winner's will be announced on Saturday at the Walk! i'm super excited!
  • Jillian -- Congratulations on your nomination, I hope you'll win!

Joan -- Welcome back from Vegas! Hope you had a great time. I like women only gyms...it helps me focus on why I"m really there and not worry so much about how I look while I'm exercising.

I hit a milestone yesterday...I am at -70lbs from my highest weight and now I am just 4 lbs from ONEderland -- I'm so excited I can hardly wait. The 10lbs from 60-70 lbs were not easy ones...it took me a good 2-3 months to get these last 10.

I
  • angie--that's so awesome how close you are! and for how much you've lost! so happy for you! can't wait to see your ticker go under 200! exciting!

good luck with the gym Joan!
  • Hello all-- apologies if this question is redundant, but the search feature didn't return anything. I'm wondering how many people work out regularly while doing the LAWL plan. When i was successful with LAWL in the past, I didn't work out at all. Now, that daily exercise is a part of my routine, I'm not planning to abandon it just because I've once again started LAWL. Thoughts?
  • Hello Everyone

I used to be on LAWL when the centre was in town, did well, lost over 30lbs and was close to my goal.

That was a few years ago and I'm back at it again. I've pieced together lots of information from posts here - thanks so much. Combined with what I remember I think I've got it down.

Just finished the 3 days of take off (without juice) and did good - i find just getting going sometimes is the hard part.

I dug out my cook book and am excited to get going on the program again.
    Nice to see friendly posts on the forum.
  • Quote: WTG Angie! The hardest part is ordering well-once you're eating good healthy food-you're happy you are. It's just getting past temptation to order junk.

My NSV this weekend-I went to a wedding reception and wore an outfit I wore the xmas before Josie came home (almost 5 years ago now)-when I was at my smallest size . . . .I remember how good I felt at that time. I'm not as toned as I was then-really need to kick up the exercise, but still . . .
    i was wondering if anyone mite have a copy of the LA free to live plan they wouldnt mindsharing with me! please email to me @ normagabby/at/live/dot/com
    thanks in advance for any info
  • Ohhhh, I forgot about Onederland. . Guess it's been too long since I've been here. Oopsie.

So much has happened over the last year or so, but I will not bore you with the details. The saddest thing going on in our lives right now is that my mom was diagnosed with AML (luekemia) in May. She is undergoing treatment currently. The happiest news is that we are moving back home to Wisconsin, hopefully by spring, and I can be with her.

Lots of other tidbits along the way, but we don't have time for my endless typos. I am still obese, and still fighting. I am currently following WW and going to the gym faithfully two times a week, some weeks more.

My granddaughter is going to preschool on tues and thurs. a.m.'s now, so that is MY time. It is glorious, and it is spent at the gym everytime. No excuses, no appts., no grocery shopping, strictly the gym.

That's it. So, I have been working hard for a few weeks, and decided it was really time to come, "home," to my best WL support ever . It is good to see so many familiar faces, and new ones too. Man, I have missed you girls. XOXO
  • L--Regarding exercise, when I first started LAWL, I lost my first 50lbs in around 6 months and didn't exercise at all. Then I started exercising and while the weight loss did slow down a bit-that was when the biggest and most noticeable changes occurred in my body. So-yes, EXERCISE! It's always a good thing!

MissMoo-Welcome and good luck! You're right-taking the first steps can be the hardest part.

mscountry and all others who post on the other really old threads about pdfs of the program--none of the ladies that originally offered to email to those people post on this forum anymore. Maybe after all this time-they MIGHT come back and read the requests, but I seriously doubt it. As far as I know-none of us "regulars" have electronic copies of the plans-but you never know!
  • Nicole! Always wonderful to see your lovely face. Still can't get over the fact that you're a grandma! I'm so sorry about your mom-I hope the treatments go well. You've got a big move ahead of you-will your daughter and grand-daughter be going with you?
  • Nicole - Oh I've missed you! I'm sorry about your mom's diagnosis. It's wonderful that you will be back home and able to give her lots of support.

Jillian -- I'm pretty excited about ONEderland, but my timing is awful. TOM is due today and I've been playing with the same 1lb for a week, back and forth between 201-202. I'm hoping this weekend I can make the big move and go back to work next week with a 1 in front of my weight.

JM -- How is weightloss going for you now? Are you able to eat most foods now, or still transitioning?