Old 07-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #16  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey Karen! I do really well with it most of the time. Sometimes daylight savings will throw me into a flare up, but that is rare. If I do start hurting, I take mega doses of vitamin D3 for a few days, a calcium magnesium supplement called Calms that you stir into your water and drink at bedtime (it really relaxes my muscles and helps me to sleep), and rub on an essential oil blend called Deep Blue. It is DoTerra brand. As far as weight goes, lets stay here and help motivate each other!

Julie, I have to look into that protein powder, I am a coffee fool too.

I am still not sure what I want to do. I lost a lot of weight on LAWL. I wonder if I would be on Red or Red 2. I have not weighed in a long time. That is the first step, I guess. To weigh and get a ticker going. Maybe tomorrow I will get up the nerve to get on the scale. I suspect that I am in the 270 range. My career is really starting to take off, which is awesome. Getting up in front of big crowds to speak at this weight is not as awesome. Also, I am sick of being such a slow runner on my softball team. I have to get a huge hit just to get on base.

Tuesdays are crazy busy in my world, not sure if I will be back today or not. Have a wonderful day friends!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #17  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Hey Katie, great to see you again. I understand how you feel. I gained lots of my weight back too but now I am maintaining at 170. Its like my scale doesnt go any lower.....but it will. I am still working out at the gym 3 times a week and I am really liking it. I think I need to drink more water, sometimes I find it hard to remember, its silly!
Oh well gotta run. Have a great day!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: SW 323/281/180

Hi Ladies,

I lost 30 pounds 6 years ago on LAWL. I have tried it here and there on my own, but can't seem to stay focused! I'm debating to start again or start on weight watchers....I know on LAWL I lost weight and I lost it fast.
Good luck to you all
Mitsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 247/245/199

Height: 5'4"

Mitsu 23 I know exactly what you mean. I have been debating what to try again myself. Well yesterday I printed out some hand made check off sheets and I am going to follow the LAWL plan as much as possible by myself.

I lost 50 pounds with them before, and I need to lose that again, perhaps more, would love to feel fit and thin!

I am not going to do any sort of take off, So see you Ladies again tomorrow!!

J
futurerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:17 PM   #20  
Katie

Joan, it is great to see you! I hear you on the water. I work near too many coffee houses....

Futurerunner- Love the name! What is your first name? I think that I am going to try some sort of LAWL plan again too.

Mitsu- Nice to meet you! What is your first name?
Old 07-19-2011, 10:42 PM   #21  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all..nice to see new and old peeps checking in. i've been pretty busy with life, etc. it seems that most of us have been too since this board is rather dead lately!
i've still been keeping up with my running/working out and tracking my calories on fitday and have been maintaining my weight, which is just fine with me.
tomorrow is my DD's birthday, we had her party this past saturday, but still going to do something special with her tomorrow.

hopefully i'll have the chance to check in more..good to see the thread going again!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #22  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Welcome newbies and oldies (but goodies, of course!). I'm about to enjoy some greek yogurt with a little homemade granola . . . lots of protein!

Have a fab day and don't forget to get your exercise in.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #23  

Default Hey all

My first name is Jane. I am starting today. So far have been pretty good. I am a diet coke drinker so I am trying to control that at least somewhat. I am at work today and feeling pretty hungry. I'm going to go buy carrot sticks, yogurt and healthy stuff for lunch, and a diet coke. It is way way way to hot for me to exercise outside today and probably the rest of the week. I go on vacation in 2 weeks, will do my best during that time. Whe I get home I am going to start couch to 5K.

I was planning on not doing any sort of lites ( not bought from LA of course) but I think I may have to these first few days. I am also thinking I may need a couple of days to go off carbs, those are my addiction, and hit the reset button.

So I am off and going, I did forget to weigh in this morning but suspect I will be pretty much the same tomorrow morning.

I need an easy to eat protein, especially in the morning. Guess I will do some reading.

Jane
Old 07-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #24  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Jane-

Plain greek yogurt (much higher in protein than reg yogurt) sweetened with sf jam and splenda is great! Fage is my favorite brand. Also-there are very low fat, low cal turkey sausages that I nuke and eat in the car if I'm in a hurry.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #25  
Katie

Sounds like you are off to a great start Jane!

JM- I am tempted to try Greek yogurt. I may have to now.

Jillian- You are such an inspiration. I am so thrilled for you. Your weight is gone, your man is home. Awesome!

I am going to bite the bullet and get on the scale this morning. I'll report back with a ticker in a little bit.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #26  
Katie

Okay, I weighed. Not quite as bad as I expected, but still not great news.

Have a wonderful day everyone, you can do this!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #27  

Hi Ladies.

It is good news bad news kind of day.

First the bad news I have not been very good when it comes to following a plan as far as eating. I think it is the stress of my kids gone all last week and our vacation coming up in 2 weeks. I am going to give myself a break and just focus on eating better, which over all I have been much better at. Then when we get back I can focus on following a plan. I sort of need to give myself this slack because I have been stressing on how to do this on vacation. This will take the heat off.

Good News, well little bit of good news, on my last venture onto the scale it was down a half pound, baby steps baby steps!!

Even better news! I am living up to my name. My daughter is back, she runs cross country so I motivated her to get up and go out for a run, and I joined her. I ran more that I expected to and it felt better than I expected, will probably be sore tomorrow, but I feel very very good about it. I have to keep her motivated and so then she will make me go. I am going to plan to run on my days off and walk on my work days so every other day!! It will be a good way to start. Hopefully I won't get too sore.

J
Old 07-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #28  

Hi all. I am back after a month off. Part of the motivation to start losing weight was a trip with my daughter's Girl Scout troop right after school let out. I lost about 20 pounds by then and then kind of got off track. I haven't gained (except the same 2 pounds I keep losing and gaining) but I need to get back on the stick. Yesterday and today I did the Take Off, so I'm ready to get back on track.

Question--Has anyone tried the new Pro Bars from LAWL? I really would like to try some for a change, but you have to buy in bulk--either a single purchase of 8 boxes or auto delivery of 4. I just wanted to get one or two to try. Anyone tried these and if so, how are they?

Have a great week ladies.
JenniD44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:12 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 166/142/124

Height: 5'3"

The scale is starting to move again, but it's so slow. I'm lucky if I can lose 5 lbs a month. I am so sick of eating carrots...
suan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #30  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! Sorry I haven't checked in in ages. We haven't had consistent conversation going and so sometimes I forget to check.

JM -- How did you guys like Disney and how did the bday party go? I am a huge fan of greek yogurt, I put 1/3 cup of Allbran buds in mine.

Joanie -- Hi! Are you doing any plan now? How are your dogs?

Jillian -- Maintenance is where it's at! How is life now with your DH home? Is everyone adjusting well?

Katie -- Hi! It's so good to see you. I remember we used to talk about The Secret sometimes. I was looking through my PM's a while ago and saw some old conversations there I came back to 3FC last year, and I was following a high protein, low carb/fat/sodium plan that is medically supervised. It has evolved a bit into calorie counting...I'm still eating mostly the same types of food on that plan, but I do it within a calorie range and plan ahead for 'off plan' foods whenever possible. I lost about 65lbs in a year, but I haven't lost much in the last 3 months -- I'm working on it. Have you decided on a plan for you yet?
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote