Old 07-30-2011, 12:00 AM   #31  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

J-planning is key! There is always going to be stressors-we all need to find ways to deal with stress that doesn't revolve around food. Have fun on your vacation-but try to keep your eating reasonable. Maybe at least try to stay low carb and not worry about fats too much . . .

jenni-welcome back! I didn't know that they came out with new bars so can't help you there . . hopefully they cut back on the sugars this time.

Suan-5lbs a month is better than nothing! Are you eating a ton of carrots-they're pretty high in natural sugars-maybe your body is really sensitive to high glycemic foods?

Angie-we had a lot of fun in Disneyland (click on my link below for a few pics) once Josie chilled out and realized we weren't leaving anytime soon. She's not a great traveler-not flexible AT ALL!

She had a great birthday too-a bunch of 4 and 5 yr olds bowling is pretty amusing!

Katie/Jillian//Hoochie/Karen/Joni-hope you guys are doing well. Check back in!

To the other new folks to the forum-hope you're doing well. If we all started posting more regularly, the forum would get hopping again . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:49 AM   #32  

The Take Off got me back on track. Lost about 3.5, then back up about .5 (ate out last night), so I'm feeling like I'm back on plan.

The new bars I was wondering about are called Pro Bars. They are supposed to be high protein, I guess a snack. They count as a starch and a fruit on the plan. They come in vanilla crunch and cookies and cream. The cookies and cream looks good to me, but I don't want to buy a ton. I think they would be nice as occasional snack.
JenniD44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:04 AM   #33  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I was so excited to blow Josie's mind when I told her we were leaving for the airport to go to Disneyland. But she pretty much took it in stride. Which just goes to prove my theory-she likes to squash all my fun. Don't get me wrong-she was happy and excited-just didn't seem to be all that surprised.
JM -- This is so funny to me because Cameron is constantly underwhelmed by my efforts to blow his mind...lol. I'm glad she relaxed enough to enjoy the moment eventually. We were at WDW in December and we had the best vacation ever. By the way, I know it was 2 months ago and you probably look even more fantastic now, but you were looking great in that first pic!
Congratulations

I'm not sure if I've mentioned that I'm a daily weigher now; I know that can drive people nuts, and sometimes it does get to me, but I have found it also helps me to identify foods that don't serve me well on this journey. Anyway, I'm super excited because I lost 1.4 lbs since yesterday, which is amazing because with daily weighing you normally see much smaller increments
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #34  

Default Red Plan Help

Hello Everyone! I am new to this board. I did LAWL from June 07 - Sept 07 with great success (25 lbs lost). After getting married and moving I got off track and my new town did not have a center. I know I should be on the red plan now, but need to know how many servings I get and whether or not the menu plan from the purple kit shows the same portion sizes? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
alycialynstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #35  
Let's try this again . .

Welcome Alicia-

The only difference in serving size between red and purple is the protein-8oz vs 6 oz. I don't recall offhand the serving sizes of the red plan but if you spend some time searching the forum you'll find it. Unless someone sends you the pdf.

If you decide to do the numbered plans-the serving sizes are all the same between the plans. You just have to figure out what plan to be on.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #36  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

just a quick hi from me..still keeping up with maintaining, running, fitday tracking, etc. almost time for school to start back up for the kids in a few weeks..hard to believe the summer is gone.
hope everyone is doing well!

welcome to the new peeps!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #37  
It's mine for the taking

HI all -- Not exercising much right now, but my eating is going very well lately. It's been so good for the last week I almost want to copy my meals for the week and repeat them over and over...lol.

I'm on vacation this week and we haven't done much so far. Today I was thinking of going to our local big amusement park (we have seasons passes), but it may rain this afternoon. Alternatives are visiting the Science Centre, which is so cool for kids or the CN tower...but why is everything so expensive??? I'm feeling particularly cheap this week I think because the price of everything makes me cringe.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #38  
It's mine for the taking

We ended up spending the day at the amusement park. It was great, and I'm proud to say I've ended my day at 1333 calories, and we spent the entire day on our feet and walking around.

Tomorrow we are having "Yes Day", which is a day when I will say yes to (almost) anything DS asks as long as it's inexpensive and not dangerous. Normally it just means he wants ice cream or pizza at breakfast time or asks to eat in the livingroom rather than at the table. Above all, I'm sure I'll be playing many many board games, doing stuff with army men, having a whole lot of tickle fights...all the stuff 6 year olds like to do. Oh how I wish he'd ask to spend the whole day watching John Hughes movies...lol.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:45 AM   #39  
Let's try this again . .

a "yes day", huh? Sounds intriguing and dangerous! I'll have to consider that for Josie some time. I know it will include McD's french fries at some point!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #40  
It's mine for the taking

JM -- It is a lot of fun, and I think it's cool for them to hear so many yes'es, makes you realize how often you say no. So far today he has decided to have poptarts for breakfast, to eat them in the livingroom, to play DS as much as he wants...and yes, I've heard there is McDonalds in our future. I've already picked out my salad if we end up there.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #41  
WonderWoman

angie--that sounds way fun! i wish i could do that with my kids..but dang, with 3 of them--i'd be afraid!

i don't really have much to post, still keeping up with my usual stuff!

i also wanted to let everyone know that i'm doing a Heart Walk for the American Heart Association and would be so appreciative of any donations--big or small--that you could make. i'm co-captain with my sister and we're very passionate about the AHA and all they do for heart research and saving lives.
http://heartwalk.kintera.org/siouxfallssd/lemons2011

check out our team page..our story and picture is on there too!

Last edited by JLem311; 08-03-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #42  
WonderWoman

yooohoooo? anyone still out there?
Old 08-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #43  
It's mine for the taking

I'm here!

I've had a great last 2 weeks, lost 6lbs, but put on 2lbs overnight after some pretty crappy choices yesterday...how dumb was that? Anyway, moving on.

Got my hair cut today, and I chopped off a whole bunch! Here is my after pic:

20110805 After smaller.jpg

Tonight I'm making Cuban Chicken Pizza for dinner. We are going to a festival celebrating greek culture tomorrow; I'm going to stick to grilled lean meats and salad while we are there, then later we are seeing Cars2 with some of DS's friends. Sunday will be a quiet day to get ready for work and camp next week.

What is everyone else doing for the weekend?

Last edited by Angie; 08-05-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:42 AM   #44  
Let's try this again . .

That pizza sounds delish! I've been having a tortilla pizza nearly every day for lunch (I use 6 in fajita tortillas). Turkey pepperoni, turkey sausage, tuna and cheese (it's just like a tuna melt) and my FAVORITE BBQ chx with red onion. YUM!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #45  
It's mine for the taking

Hope you all had a good weekend!

We enjoyed the Greek festival and movie yesterday, then shopping and hanging out with friends by their pool today. My vacation is over for this round and it's back to work tomorrow and back to camp for Cameron. Just three weeks to go and I'll have another week off...can't wait!

I've done well with food this entire week and can even claim a small loss while on vacation...which would be a bigger loss if it weren't for TOM dropping in yesterday. Losing while on vacation is a first for me, in the past it's always been a good excuse to eat just about anything I wanted.