3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

La Weightloss # 61

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 09:57 AM   #61

Tab and Yingyang- you were right. I am down to a new low-155.8. I am .2 away from 20 lbs,so I guess it was water.
Yingyang-great loss. Keep it up.
Tab- it sure sounds like TOM.
Kathie
Old 01-28-2003, 12:17 PM   #62
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

down .25 at weigh in today. not a stellar loss, but i'll take it!

Red plan: 2.5 protein, 3 starches, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 1 dairy (8 oz skim milk/ 2 oz lowfat cheese), 1 fat, 2 la lites

Purple plan: 2 pro., 2 starches, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 1 dairy (4 oz s. milk/ 1 oz lowfat cheese), 1 fat, 2 la lites

so, basically i lose half a protein and a starch and there is a reduction in my dairy portion. sometimes i add back in the half protein though, if i'm working out extra hard.

noticed that although my weight loss in pounds has slowed in the last couple of weeks, i'm losing mega inches. started out wearing a tight 20, now wearing a loose 16/ snug 14

Ultimate Goal 160

Minigoal - under 200 by New Years
Old 01-28-2003, 01:24 PM   #63

Hi All:
Lately I have been having trouble commiting myself to reaching my goal so, I have trying to get a hold of myself and decide if I can finish on LA, I want to think I can, I really don't see myself following another plan so basically I am just trying to get motivated and follow the plan through.
Congrats to all that are doing well.
Did anyone try the meal replacement drink yet?
Diane
210/160.4/140
Old 01-29-2003, 09:33 AM   #64

Good Morning Everyone!!

Dianem1....You can do it. It is hard and we all struggle. But once you start again and you see results it will change your mind. We all have bad time...believe me I know...but you have come this far why stop now. I was in our center on Monday and they had not gotten the meal replacement drinks in yet. They kinda look like a Slim Fast. I was told they would equal a protein and starch. I might look into them. I kinda like to eat real food...but if I am in a hurry...I just might do it.

GringaGordita....Any loss is a good loss. I am nervouse about going to weigh in tonight. Since I had that TOM cravings on Monday and ate all that cereal who knows. I was OP all day yesterday sooooo if I can lose anything that would be great. So not much difference between the Red and Purple. I know this is bad but I don't get in all my dairy on the red plan. But boy I would miss that starch. I am definately a starch person. I got the weekends off plan where you get more starches on weekends and less protein for the 2 days but I just didn't do it. I am afraid that I would get sucked in with all the starches. I want to reach goal first. I will check back in tomorrow and let you know how the weigh in goes.

Have a great day.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:38 AM   #65
THIS DAY IS MINE!

hey tab, i'm the same way total starch-a-holic. don't really miss the extra starch now though. i couldn't do the weekends' off plan for the same reason. too many temptations. i usually have one off program meal a week on saturdays. make sure i don't go overboard, but let myself have something that i wouldn't normally have.

on a positive note, was down on my home scale this morning even without my morning workout. decided to skip the cardio today since i went to a 90 minute yoga class last night and will do the same tonight.

dianem, you have done so great on this program. i know it's easy to get discouraged or have your motivation lag, but you'll make it through. you have lost so much weight, you are truly an inspiration. i've had to take the tact that, even if i don't lose two pounds a week, as long as i lose something it's a victory

Ultimate Goal 160

Old 01-29-2003, 12:54 PM   #66

Tab and Gringa:
Thanks for your support . I am looking to do my best this week. Its silly but every morning I am making a promise to myself to stick to plan today.
Tab I did the weekends off once and I got overwhelmed with the starches. I switch from the gold and blue plan and when I do I do miss the starch when I do the gold. So this week I have been staying with the blue.
Gringa any lose is great you have done really well. I don't think since I started the program I have lost 2 pounds a week. I think that is why sometimes I lose patience with myself.
Thanks again
Diane
210/160.4/140
Old 01-30-2003, 09:09 AM   #67

Hello Everyone...

Well last nights weigh in was not soooo bad. I stayed exactly the same....whew...I was a little worried. I finally broke down last night and bought the LA Cookbook. It seems to have some really good receipes. I plan on trying some of them this weekend. Again, the only hard thing that I find with this diet is variety.

I think the cravings are finally over....last night after weigh in I went home and I tried to be good but the box of Kashi cereal was calling may name so I poured me a cup and ate it plain. It was sooooo good and I really think that eating those carbs and sugar has really helped me become a new person....*smile* At least I can stand to be around myself now. My poor husband.

GringaGordita...I think I am going to adopt you idea of eating one Off OP meal on the weekend. I will still be carefully of what I eat but eat something different. I am still hoping to reach my goal weight by Feb 14th....becuase I am going to eat pizza. I can't wait.

Well everyone have a great day.....
Old 01-30-2003, 11:27 AM   #68
THIS DAY IS MINE!

hey guys, i was down another .75 today at weigh-in, that makes a pound this week. hopefully i'll drop another half pound or so by saturday's weigh-in. slowly but surely i'm getting there.

Ultimate Goal 160

Old 01-30-2003, 11:57 AM   #69

GringtaGordita...Slow and steady wins the race
Old 01-30-2003, 12:17 PM   #70

Hi All:
I weighed into also, I was down exactly one. I tried the meal replacement shake today, I am not sure how I feel about, it took a while to drink it. I guess thats good. The taste wasn't awful but it wasn't fabulous either. I will try the vanilla another day.
Diane
210/159.4/140
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.