La Weightloss # 61

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Hello Everyone....

I have not been around for a week. As I mentioned in my earlier posts my uncle had cancer and was not doing too well. He passed away on Sunday, January 19th and I have not been myself. Those last couple of days before he passed were very hard. Tuesday was the wake and Wednesday was the funeral. This is the first death in my family and it was very hard.

As for my eating I don't think I did so well. Some days I couldn't eat because I was sick to my stomach and then other days I tried to stay on plan but somehow I went for the old comfort food....sweets. After the services on Wednesday the ladies aux of the church fixed a wonderful spread of food for our family it was very sweet......and I ate very well but someone made this homemade lemon bundt cake and it was just sooooo delicious that I found more comfort in this cake.

I did weigh in on Saturday and I was down 1.6 and then I weighed in again on Monday I was up 1.6 sooooooo tonight I weigh again and we will see how I did. As for today I am back to work and back OP. I still hope to be in the 140's by Valentines day. I already told my husband...NO CANDY....he knows I love it so he likes to buy it for me. I told him if I make it into the 140's by Valentines that we would go and get Uno's Pizza. We have not had pizza since I have started this diet....so it will be a treat for both of us. He proably has had pizza but wouldn't dare tell me since that is my favorite food. I joked with him and told him to make dinner reservations for us at Uno's because I am bound and determined to be in the 140's.

Well I hope everyone is surviving this bitter cold....looking forward to getting back on track and posting with you.

Take Care
  • Tab, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have such a strong support system to help you get through it. It is so hard to lose someone especially to something like cancer.

Glad to hear that you are refocusing on your weight loss goals. It is so hard to stay on program in the midst of an emotional crisis. Good luck and my thoughts are with you.
  • Tab - Sorry to hear about your uncle. I always go to the sweets or bread for comfort too. Just knowing that you are doing it is a step in the right direction of stopping.

We have had snow here lately and the coldest weather we have had in years. It makes me just want to go home after work instead of going to the gym. I am just more naturally active in the warmer months. I have made myself work out almost every day though.
    Hannah
  • hello everyone. i made pals with gringagordita, so i have been checking this thread out. but i am kinda confused, and although you all must be tired of explaining thigns to people, what is this program?

is it comparable to weight watchers? is there information i can read on teh web?

i'm just trying to become as educated as i can about everything weightloss!
  • I have not posted in so long. I made it through Christmas a month ago, I gained 6 pounds, but have taken off all of that plus one. I am sitting at 160 right now which is great, but it has been very slow going. I at times wonder if I am getting enough calories. I am exercising (not 5 hours a week) and following the plan and at times I just don't lose. Ahhhhh! Any way, I'm on track and just checking in. One thing that is helping me is that I am using Fitday.com at least 3-4 days a week. It helps me see what I'm doing.

Hope you are all well
  • Tab- Please accept my deepest sympathies. Hang in there. We are all rooting for you.
    Kathie
  • Good Morning Everyone....

Thanks everyone for just being here and letting me express my feelings. It really helps.

Well I went in weighed last night and I stayed the same. No loss and no gain....Not to bad....I am going to try really hard this coming week to lose at least 1 or 2 lbs so I can be in the high 140's. I want to break this 150 point.
  • so-so day. eating went well but exercise is still not up to par. heading to gym after work. dam$$d snow. i'm over it! will weigh in tomorrow.
  • Good Morning Everyone.....

Happy Monday...Where is everyone??? Looks like noone was around all weekend.

I weighed on Saturday and I was down 2.6lbs. Finally I am over that hump of losing and gaining that same 1.6 lbs (I hope). I am nervous that when I weigh tonight (Monday) that I will be heavier. Saturday before I weighed I was not feeling sooo well...spent lots of time in bathroom with stomach pains.

I am only 2.5 lbs away from my goal weight. Woooo hoooo I hope I can make it. On saturday my center briefly showed me the maintenance program. I still have 5 more weeks of weight loss but I was told that I don't have to use them that I can move them to maintenance or stablilization. I think I am getting the two confused. The center also asked me if I wanted to go lower than my goal. Just to see how much weight I can lose. I don't know because I am afraid of gaining it back. I might want to lose 5lbs so I have room for flexibility. Before I start dreaming I just need to make it to goal weight.

Had lots of temptations at the Super Bowl Party last night. I did fairly good. Had lots of veggies with little dip. But I did have a few chips with cheese dip....mmm mmm was it good. This could also make the scale go up tonight. We will see.

Well I hope all is well with everyone and I look forward to seeing posts from everyone.
  • I had the double whammy. My b-day and the Super Bowl. I got a good scale for my B-day and I think I'm up 1.6. Oh, well, today is the start of my lose again.
    Kathie
  • hey guys! way to go Tab on the loss. I was down to a new low a my weigh-in on Saturday. Hope that trend continues now that I'm back on my exercise routine. Kathie, congrats making it through the double whammy weekend. I stayed home and watched the E true hollywood story of doris day rather than the super bowl ( i know, that's downright unamerican) so I didn't have to deal with super bowl food temptation. weigh in again tomorrow, hope the downward trend continues.
  • Hello GringaGordita...I should have stayed home myself. But I want to be able to be around foods without over indulging. I will see how that theory pays off tonihg....yikes... congrats on the lose. 35lbs is excellent. Working out really helps me too. What plan are you on.

Kathie351.....I bet that some of the double whammy is water retention...so you may not be up an actual 1.6. Now it is time to just get right back on track.

Well I hope everyone has a great night....I will check back in tomorrow.
  • Good afternoon!
    Tab- so excited for you being so close to goal. Can you remember when you started and it seemed so far away. You can do this!

Kathie- Well at least you got two things out of the way at once. Start again and know that is a hurtle that is over.

Gringa - Not participating in the super Bowl is one way to stay on track and it looks like it worked for you. I am often the same. It's better not to have any than try to control some foods. You do what you have to do to make it. In time I hope this becomes easier.

I had a weigh in on Saturday and was down 3.5#. I needed that. Hope this week to be down some more. I am going to exercise every night. That is necessary for my weight loss.
    Hannah
  • hannah, that is an awesome loss! keep it up.

tab, i was on the red plan until about a month ago. i'm on purple now.
  • Hello Everyone....

How is everyone today? I think I jinx myself every time I think that I am down. Weighed in today and I was up 1.6lbs but TOM is only a week away lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that it is just water retention. And I was in a very grumpy mood last night. And I had food cravings which is not normal for me. And of course last night I had no self control and I ate the Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal......plain and dry right out of the box. Let me tell you it was the best last night. Makes me sick to think that I ate it today but last night it was great.

Yinyang...WTG on the 3.5lb loss. I am soooo close to goal. I just hope I can reach it. I get soooo close and then I seem to jinx myself.

GringgGordita....What is the difference in the Red and Purple plan?