Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 06:00 PM   #16  

RFP-
Buy sugar free hard candy. : ) I have some that really isnt too bad. It only has a couple calories per piece. I learned this trick from WW.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:27 PM   #17  

I belong to an LAWL group on Yahoo and one of the women said that she compared labels, and found Metabolife WITHOUT ephedra. She said it is close to Trimax. What are your thoughts? Is ephedra the only dangerous ingredient in Metabolife? As far as I know, it is.
Kathie
Old 01-14-2003, 08:12 PM   #18  

I have no idea about that one....
Old 01-14-2003, 10:45 PM   #19  
RFP

I don't know anything about metabolife. I am taking the tri Max and the fb500 and don't have the cravings that I did when I was on WW.
Kathie- How's the weather in Buffalo. We use to live in Amherst quite a few years ago. It's a great town.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:21 AM   #20  

Good Morning Everyone..

Thanks again for all the wonderful positive post about my uncle. It gets harder every day.

Kathie251..I had not had any supplements so I can not help you with that. I would just compare the too bottles. My friend and I did that with the LA Lites and Luna bars. We cut the information off the LA Lite box and went to Walmart and compared all the bars. And we did it with the cereal bars and the biscotti.

RFP...When I get the craving I chew gum. I have a hard time in the evening also. Specially when I am making my husbands lunch and I have to put the potato chips in a baggie for him. I want to just taste one. Or the other night we did chicken breast on the grill and he wanted french fries...boy that was hard and yes I gave in and had a few. Man...they were good. I am very happy with only 6lbs left. But I think these last 6 might give me some trouble. Last night was my husbands b-day and we ate out with his father. And on Saturday we are having dinner with friends. I am hoping to have it off by Valentines. .6 is good for PMS. I usually go up 1.6 but it comes off as soon as I start. If you are on plan I am sure it is just extra water.

xYTx...I know what you mean about the desserts. I am a big fan of sweets. I thought I was supposed to have one after dinner. So to be able to enjoy this cake on Saturday night I am going to be in heaven. My mouth waters every time I think about it. I would love to hit the 140's. My lowest weight ever was 138 but I could not hold it. LAWL put my goal at 145 and I think that I should be good with that. I just have to see how my body handles it. I would like to be between 140 and 145. And I can't go by the clothes because right now I can wear from a size 10 to 14. All depends on what type of clothes and how they are made. A size 8 would be great....maybe I am dreaming about that

Dianem1....I have noticed that it is slowing down a bit. The last couple of times I have been I have not had to wait. I think the big rush might be over. Our center is now playing bingo. You have a bingo card and then you get dabs on all sorts of different things...like if you drank your water, if you have your diary, and if you fill you card by a certain date you will get a $50 gift certificate to a day spa or Best Buy. Now that is a good incentive.

GringaGordita..I am sure you will show a loss. Keep up the good work.

Well I go weigh in tonight and I get my measurements. After eating out last night I am afraid that I might be up. I tried to eat wisely but I may have had one to many starches. I will also get measured tonight. It has been 4 wks since my last measurements. I hope I have positive results. I will keep you posted.

Have a great day and lets keep working...spring is just around the corner
Old 01-15-2003, 09:48 AM   #21  

RFP
We live in Williamsville. You're right, Buffalo is a well kept secret.
We have very little snow on the ground, but are ahead of the yearly avg for snowfall. It is COLD here. I think thie am wind chill was 3 degrees. But we wre hardy folk and will survive!!!
Old 01-15-2003, 10:49 AM   #22  

Good morning everyone! We are getting our first snow storm. We have had so little moisture in the last couple years, it is welcome. I could go for some hot soup and a good book!

RFP - sometimes some sugarless gum in your mouth helps keep other foods out. Also the chewing can help especially around a meal time.

Kathy - good job on the loss. It will be no time and you will be at your goal.

I had a great day yesterday OP. The first day in a long time that I totally stayed on the plan. I was so busy I didn't have time to wander.

Have any of you read the Oprah magazine and how she lost the weight and her workout plan? I really admire her resolve. She says she finally gets it that you have to work out your emotional reasons for eating too much and get your mind straight before you can stay with a program. I really love the information she gave that if you aren't feeling that little start of hunger, when you are looking for a little something to eat, but not full blown hungry, you aren't going to lose much weight. That that is the time that your body is using its fat stores to power you. What do you guys think about that? Does it make sense to you?
Hannah
Old 01-15-2003, 12:02 PM   #23  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

hi everyone...well news from the weigh-in wasn't too good. i was back up .5 pound. not really worried though, as it's my TOM. tom should be leaving soon, so i'm sure i'll have a loss for the week.

food was pretty good yesterday, but i did have an incident with some rice cakes last night. i think i'm going to have to stop buying them. they are great for a legal treat...but seems like i always get carried away and have too much. i think my goal for the rest of the week is to have no more rice cakes at home and to finish all my eating by 7 at night. that shouldn't be too hard. since i weigh first thing in the morning, sometimes i feel like late evening munchies are showing up.

lets stick with it ladies. i want to shed some serious weight before spring.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:08 PM   #24  

GringaGordita...I find that I have a problem with the Kashi Go Lean Crunchy Cereal. I seem to just open the box and take a handful. Yes it is healthy but if I open the box 10 times a day it is not so good. I too think I am going to have to stop buying the cereal. It is just soooo good. Not crunchy sweet snack.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:06 PM   #25  

Talking So happy!

Well I made it to the 60 pound loss mark! I'm so happy!!! Woo-hoo!!

And they put me on the purple plan, I was hoping for one where the portions were a little smaller b/c I've pretty much been doing the purple plan anyway.

Gringa- at least you use healthy/legal snack for a treat! I end up going to my kids snack drawer and eating peanut butter crackers! Ugh!

Now I just have to work hard at staying op and I just have 30 pounds left! I wish it would go as easy and as fast as the first 30 went!

Good luck to you all!

Old 01-15-2003, 01:53 PM   #26  

Sirk....WTG...that is totally awesome. 60lbs in 5 months. I know you must be soooooo happy. Just think if you lose 30lbs in the upcoming months it will be spring/summer and think of all the cute little summer clothes you will get to wear. That will help keep you motivated to stay on plan. Since I have been on plan I think the hardest thing that I have had to give up is peanut butter. Again, congrats on the weightloss.
Old 01-15-2003, 02:16 PM   #27  

Wow Sirk:
great job!
Tab I have the same problem even if it is just cereal I would keep going back until the box is finished. It nice when the center give you insentives.
Marcie, the sugar free candy does it bother your stomach, I find I can't handle it, if I am consitpated its a great thing for me to have.
I am handling this week O.K. for a change. Hopefully I am out of my funk.
Diane
Old 01-15-2003, 02:30 PM   #28  

Congratulations Sirk...60 lbs. You must really be happy. Just think back when you started and how you felt. It must be such a joy to know you have come this far. You go girl....cause you can do it.

I weigh in tomoorow morning. Will report when I get back. Wish me luck...lol
Old 01-15-2003, 03:01 PM   #29  

Gooooo Sirk! Wow, 60 lbs!! That must feel awesome! Congratulations!! Your post is such an inspiration to me to stay OP today.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:16 PM   #30  

Congrats Sirk!!! You're 2/3 of the way there. You're on the home stretch!!!!!!!
Kathie
Closed Thread