Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 12:24 PM   #61  

Hannah-
Go in. It is hard, but just do it! I have chickened out so many times for the same reason...but it is much better to get the ball rolling again.

Last edited by Jibbelle; 01-08-2003 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:08 PM   #62  

Hannah, I say you should just go in to the center and weigh in. I know what you are thinking cause I have thought the same thing.
You will use that as an excuse to wait cause you are going to lose the weight before going in, but I know in my case....it didn't work. Then when I didn't lose or stay on program, the next week I didn't go in either. You will be better to go in and you will feel better. Then even if you show a gain, you can start afresh.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:24 PM   #63  

Hannah,
I agree with Lorrie! I started this program the day after Christmas and have onlly lost 5 pounds, but I'm so excited about it! If I can do this anyone can!!!Get in and start feeling good about you! Amy
Old 01-08-2003, 03:53 PM   #64  

Cando-
5 lbs is a 5lbs!! Be proud! It is a great start. How much do you want to lose?
Old 01-08-2003, 05:15 PM   #65  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

hi amy, welcome to the board!

well, my friends noticed the weight loss at lunch...woohoo!
Old 01-08-2003, 06:54 PM   #66  

That makes you feel great eh??? I love it!
Old 01-08-2003, 08:50 PM   #67  
RFP

Angry

I bet you felt wonderful when your friends notice. That's what it is all about, feeling good with yourself! I went to get weighted today and lost .4 oz, but it's better than gaining. I am on the gold plan and having trouble coming up with good dinners. I feel that the food(protein) is boring. Any suggestions??
Old 01-09-2003, 08:03 AM   #68  

Good Morning Everyone...

Cando...Welcome...Like Jibbelle said that is 5lbs that you don't have to think about anymore. What plan are you on?? Looking forward to posting with you. Keep up the work and you will see a difference.

Hannah...Just take that first step and get back in there. The frist step is always the hardest because you don't want to see the scales. But once you take that first step you can take control of the situation and you can become in charge of those scales and you can watch the numbers go down. We are all here for you.

GringaGordita...Isn't it wonderful when people start to notice...I have lost 20lbs since November and people are just now starting to ask me if I am losing weight. When I gain weight I gain it all in the abdominal area so I can cover that area with clothing so noone really could tell that I had gained weight in the first place. But now that my jeans are getting baggy and my sweaters getting loose people are starting to see a difference. And with every good comment I get I think before I put something in my mouth that is not on plan. So keep up the good work and you will reach your mini goal by V-day.

RFP....4oz is good...better than gaining. I too have problems with variety. For protein at night I do salsa flavored turkey burgers made by Jenny-O. I get them from Super Walmart. They are actually pretty good. I even have my husband liking them. I do Boca Burgers...I love the cheeseburger flavored ones. I do the gardenburger...soy chicken patties...these I am not to fond of. I only bought one box and I still have some left. I also buy the frozen chicken tenderloins and then I cook them and I eat them in salad or in the LAWL cream of chicken soup. Not too bad...it is kinda bland tasting. I have cooked a turkey breast on Sunday and have had that for dinner for a couple of nights. I guess we just have to be creative. I have thought about buying the cookbook. It is $28 and if it can add variety to my diet I just might have to break down and do it. I don't buy the LA lites so I guess I could buy the book. I will check into it when I go back in on Saturday.

Well as for me....I weighed in last night and I was down 1.2lbs but that is the same 1.2 that I gained on Monday...TOM is here. So I feel like I am losing and gaining the same pound. But hopefully now that TOM is here we can get back to business and I can see the numbers start going down. My mini goal is to be in the 140's by V-day. Well I have been with the center for two months and last night I was told that they are going to do my bloodwork on Saturday. Has anyone had this done yet? I have not asked them yet but does anyone know what they are going to be checking. I am a chicken when it comes to giving blood. So I am a tad bit nervous.

Well have a great day and keep up the good work.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:14 AM   #69  

Default blood

When I asked what the blood testing was for, they couldn't give me an answer. The only think I can imagine is that it would be checking cholesterol, and that's something that should've been done BEFORE people started the program. I told them I did not want to give blood, as I have yearly physicals and thought it was a waste of time and cash. They didn't push the issue. They gave me the impression that, since they just got a phlebotomist, the blood testing would be something for new members, not existing ones.

Seriously, find out first, because it may be something your doctor already did.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:58 AM   #70  

Good morning!
Cando welcome. I think 5# since Christmas is great. If you can do that well now, just think how good you can do when there isn't so much temptation.

Gringa- It is such an upper when someone notices how much you have lost or that you look better. I bet it made your committment even stronger.

I bit the bullet and returned to my center. I was up 4#. I do feel better and more in control from taking the step to get back OP. They suggested I do a two-day take-off. I said I did not want to do the juice, so she said I could eat 2 oranges a day instead. I have never done a take-off. You sure don't get to eat very much. I think one of the main benefits is that when you return to your program you are just thrilled with the food you get to eat!!

Hannah
Old 01-09-2003, 11:51 AM   #71  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Hannah, i'm totally with you, the limited food on the take off sucks. But, i always have pretty good results with it, so i do it once every couple of months. i did one last week and lost four pounds. the downside is that now the scale is not moving or moving very slowly...probably to make up for last weeks swoosh.
also, you're only up 4 pounds, that's great...especially if you've been off program for a while. it'll be gone in no time.

the incident with my friends yesterday did really re-motivate me. i'm a slow but steady loser, and i'm still averaging right around 2 pounds a week. i'll get there though. i read a tag on someone's posts yesterday that really hit me: "A year from now, you'll wish you started today." That so sums up this change of lifestyle for me. I spent all last summer trying Atkins and somercizing and ended up gaining weight. this year i'm going to be substantially lighter no matter what. Let's do it!
Old 01-09-2003, 03:58 PM   #72  

Question Take off

Can anyone fill me in on the 2 day take off? I never did it b/c I was nursing but now I'm done. They have the Hollywood juice on sale for $10 right now is that good? I'm on the red plan right now so what would I do for the take off, what do you get to eat or do you only get the juice. I'd appreciate any input!

Thanks,

Old 01-09-2003, 04:46 PM   #73  

Hi everyone, I weighed in today and was down 3.8 lbs. I was very happy. I am really motivated right now so hopefully I will stay motivated and I will keep going on program. I am determined now to get this last 40 lbs or so off. Take care everyone and keep focused.

starting weight....243

current weight....239

Goal weight....170 or less
Old 01-09-2003, 08:30 PM   #74  

Hi Sirk:
The two day take off you are allowed 2 bars, 2green veg, 6oz of cooked protein. The juice you mix 4oz. of juice with water 4 times a day.
Diane
Old 01-09-2003, 09:08 PM   #75  

Hey Diane...how is your week going thus far?

I have had a pretty good week....only a few blunders. I am hoping it shows when I step on the scale Saturday. I am going to be extra good tomorrow.
Closed Thread