La Weightloss # 60

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Hi, This is the first time that I have ever posted on any message board. I have always enjoyed reading and observing from the sidelines, this time I decided to jump in, hope thats okay. I recently started LAWL and so far so good. Just a couple of questions. Instead of buying the LA lites, anyone know of another type of bar that has the same ingredients? The bars are yummy, but expensive. Any pointers for the program that they think would help? Any imput would be great.
    Thanks for your help
  • Well, I assessed the holiday damage today. It was less than I thought, thank goodness. I was weighing around 157 before Xmas, and this morning I weighed 160. I've been OP for the last two days, and I feel much better about everything Tomorrow I'll get back into my gym routine, as my interterm class begins. I have taken a 3-week leave from work so I can take an accelerated course for January. It will be 7 days a week, 8 hours a day... I always do much better when I have a routine to follow! The holidays just threw me all off!

I had this dream last night that I was trying to squeeze into all these cute dresses, and I'd turn around and look at my rear and see it bulging out, spider veins all over every inch of my legs. I woke up absolutely in despair and had to go look in the mirror just to make sure I was still "me." Yikes.

RFP - Hi and welcome! This board is great support and a wonderful resource. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! As for your question, I've had success with Luna bars. They're around 170-180 calories apiece, taste much better than the lites (more variety, too), and are better in the nutrient department. They're also about half the price (you can find them on sale for $.99, or buy in bulk). They have a different consistency, like a rice krispie bar. Some have chocolate, dried fruit, coconut, etc... they're worth a try
  • Well, I stayed on program today. I really like the Biscotti Bars they have now. You have them in place of a starch and fruit. I also like the cinnamon cookie type bar. I was not hungry today either so maybe I am back on track. I guess we will see when I weigh in this week. Hope everyone else did well this weekend.
  • Bars
    RFP

Just thought I'd jump in and say that I use the Oasis bars (I think they're made by the Balance company). My favorites are the peanut butter crisp! A lot of times I can find them on sale at Walgreens. My second choice are the Luna bars, they're yummy too!

Welcome and good luck!!

P.S. I don't know what my weight thingy says now but I'm now at 194! 4 more pounds and I'll have lost 60! I'm so excited! I just need to get back on track after Christmas/New Years!
  • WTG Shirk!!!! That is wonderful...keep it up!

Welcome RFP! This group is very supportive and inspirational, now if only I can get back on track I might be able to help out a little too!

Today was my last day of messing up...OP tomorrow and staying on!! Too much entertaining here, have had my hands in food for two weeks. Got through Christmas but messed up big time from then on. Feel sick mentally and physically!

Well, I've got my week planned and I think that helps tremendously. We'll see how it goes.

Hi to everyone else...have a super Monday and a wonderful start to a smooth week!

Meg
  • Hello Everyone...

It feels good to be back again. I was off work for the last two weeks so things were tough. But I made it. I weighed in on Saturday and I was down....so...I have lost 20lbs since I joined on November 6th. The holidays were really tough for me...but I did it. I only have 8lbs till I reach my goal of 145. Who knows maybe I will go lower. All I can do is try.

I would like to say hello and welcom to all the names that I have not seen before. It sounds like we are all on the right track we just have to do it. We have a great support group here and I love to read and see how everyone is doing.

RFP - I don't buy the LA Lites...I did buy a few boxes and then I cut off the nutritional information and then I went to Walmart and looked over every power bar they had. And I eat the Luna Bars..which are very yummy....Dr. Soy...they are so so....Balance/Oasis bars are also good and they are very similar to the LA Lites. Also I eat the Piria bars...they are smaller but they are very good.

Jibb...You are on the right track. I wish I would have done LAWL before my wedding. I am now 20lbs lighter than I was the day that I got married. So keep up the good work. Ohh also I went to all the wedding shows...just beware of all the food and cake samples that vendors want you to try. Of course I tried it all..*smile*

xYTx - You have to let us know how the WW goes. I am interested in knowing how the plans differ.

Well everyone have a wonderful Monday and I can't wait to get posting again.
  • I have been using the Dr. Soy Bars from Mejers. The best ones are the Peanut butter type. they are very good. They are about 185 in calories.
  • I went in to the center right after Curves and I was down .6 I am happy that it is starting to come off again.
    Kathie
  • wow, you guys have really been posting this weekend. welcome to all the new person and returning LAWLers. Glad to hear that everyone is getting back on track after the holidays. I'm hanging in there at 35.75 pounds. I'm hoping to get to the 40 pound mark bu Jan. 25th, so we'll see how it goes.

I love the biscotti too...i have to watch it though, sometimes if i eat it a couple of days in a row it seems like i go up. i only have it about every other day now. as for the other bars, i know there are a lot of cheaper ones out there, but i'm pretty satisfied with the LAlites. right now i'm all about the honey nougat, and i love the hot chocolate, especially with the biscotti.

my schedule's going to be a little off this week because of travel with work, so i probably won't be posting everyday. lets all keep at it folks, the pounds are slowly but surely melting away.

sirk, your weight loss is awesome. i think you started a month before i did at around the same weight i was...your success is totally keeping me motivated!!!
  • Tab-
    I did not eat a single thing at the wedding show a few days ago!! I was so proud of myself. I am saving all those calories for when I actually have to go into the bakery and choose the cake flavor. : ) I cant wait for that day!! hehehehe
  • Thanks for all the info on the bars. Where do I buy the Luna bars? I went on line and they are as much as the LA Lites. Can I buy any of the bars at the grocery store or Target?
  • I have seen them at the grocery store, walmart, kmart and walgreens. They often run them for 89 or 99 cents here.
  • Hi All,

RFP...I purchase mine at the market when I am stuck ($1.59), but other than that, I buy them at BJ's or Costco. They work out to be 99 cents that way.

Well, I tried to stay on program today...but got invited out to dinner tonight. Did the salad thing with grilled chicken so wasn't too bad. Walked 4.5 miles today, so mentally I feel a little better. Now all I have to do is continue with this pattern for the rest of my life!!!!!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Meg
  • Good Morning Everyone!

Wow...last night I went to my center to weigh in at 6:45 and our center closes at 7pm and she told me it would be about a 45 minuted wait. The whole waiting area was full. Now I have been going for two months faithfully 3x a week weighing in and I have been the only one in my center. It was great seeing so many people interested in joining and starting their weight loss journey but man....it is crazy. So I didnt want to wait so they let me just jump on the scale and of course with TOM just a day or so away I was up 1lb. I think over the holidays I have been losing and gaining the same 4lbs. Cant wait to get over the hump.

I just went to www.lunabar.com and placed a order. I ordered the varitey box which contains 14 different flavors. The total cost with shipping was $23 which isnt to bad. I figured out the cost which was like 1.69 per bar. Our Walmart sells the luna bars for 1.17 but they only have two flavors and I get a little bored. Luna has a couple of new bars out like Peanut Butter n Jelly, Chocolate Peppermint Stick, and one called Sweet Dreams. I will let you all know how they are.

The only problem that I am having with this plan is variety. I am getting bored with eating the same thing. I am one the Red Plan and I am curious what do other fellow LAWL'ers eat for breakfast. I am finding that I am eating the same thing day after day. If you have any ideas on variety that you would like to share that would be great. And not just for breakfast what do you have for lunch and dinner. How do you keep it different?
  • Hi Everyone:
    For those of you who go to the center and use there own bars,
    what do they say to you when you tell them you are not going to use there lites?
    I am having a tough time this past couple of days and I am feeling very down about it. I am a very bingy eater and lately I am having a tough time breaking away from it. Anyone have any ideas.
    Tab what are you eating for breakfast now? Do you ever try have cereal or cottage cheese or even those breakfast bars if you don't want them from the center you could buy the nutri-grain ones that are just about the same.
    Diane