La Weightloss # 60

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Good job with the takeoff! Keep it up.

I just spent an hour and a half shoveling the driveway! Does that mean I get to skip my workout today?
  • Hi Ladies:
    I am back also, I kept going to the center but I was up then I was down but now I pretty sure I am back up again.
    Marcie I am glad you are back, what are you going to have in place of the Lites? Are you going to do the take off to start off with or are you just going into plan.
    Gringa you are not a dork, I think us who did not post and ended gaining are the dorks.
    Diane
    210/157.2/135
  • I was off-plan for the holidays, too. Ugh. I just couldn't escape the goodies, no matter where I went! I started working more ER shifts at work, and clients are always bringing in stuff for the overnight and early morning crews to snack on. It's hard to have a salad when there's a huge plate of goodies staring me in the face!

My friend who wanted to start going to WW is still serious about it after the holidays, and I think we're going to attend our first meeting tomorrow or Monday. I'm really proud of him and excited to have someone to be my weightloss buddy. I am thinking I will just eat a modified LAWL plan ( I love my luna bars!!), and I will definitely keep posting here. I don't think I would've ever seen the scale budge if not for the support here at 3FC.

So, I guess most of us are in the same boat But no worries. I think it happens to everyone. I'd never tried in ernest to lose weight for more than a week or two at a time before starting LAWL. I'd always give up before then. So I had no idea what all those people were talking about when they referred to gaining holiday weight. I consider it an important rite of passage. I now know what it's like to be conscious of what goes into my body and how it affects my health. So, some good comes out of all my naughtiness

Happy New Year to all!
  • It sounds like we are all pretty much in the same place, some backsliding over the holidays, but back at it. I think getting right back at it is the key. There will always be times and celebrations that we participate in, but it can't be a everyday thing.

I am doing the two day take-off. I am using the Hollywood Diet drink that I heard was the same as the LAWL drink. I don't know. This seems to make me have somewhat of a stomachache. It gets me back going again, mentally as much as physically.

Keep at it girls!
  • Diane-
    I am not doing the take off....as it makes me kind of sick. It just isnt enough calories for me.

Instead of the bars I am doing an extra low fat dairy (since calcium is oh so important) and an extra fruit of veggie serving for a snack if I am hungry. One thing my WW leader told me was no one ever got fat from eating fruit and veggies. Oh so true!

I am sticking with the food group servings on the LA plan, but added a few more foods in that LA doesnt allow....like bananas. I dont really do the unlimited vs. limited thing either. I just count food groups.

I also do a high fiber cereal every morning for breakfast (it keeps me full till lunch and is good for the digestive track). These are basically a couple things that I got from WW that I like.

I just need something that works for me...something I can stick with. I think my plan will work.

Oh yeah...my fiance gives me one hersheys kiss every evening after dinner. : ) My chocolate fix. hehehehe
  • Sounds like everyone is getting back on track. yinyang, I've used the hollywood diet stuff too, it's much cheaper. the take-off is hard for me to do, so little food those two days, but it always seems to get me jumpstarted again.

marcie, good luck on your revised plan. sounds great. i'm sort of like that too, i take the best parts from all the different programs and combine them. i don't stick to the unlimited starches either, i found some great whole wheat tortillas with only 60 calories and 9 grams of fiber, so i eat those all the time. i'm sure you'll do great!
    i am dreading the weigh-in tomorrow though. i've been good, but i'm going out for happy hour tonight. i'm planning on a salad and just water, but i may be tempted into a drink. regardless, i'll be up tomorrow because i won't work out before my weigh-in. i'm going to power yoga afterward weigh-in, so no cardio for me tomorrow.

hope everyone has a great weekend and keeps on program.
  • I have not seen whole wheat tortillas...I will have to look for them! I have some 90 calorie whole wheat pita pockets that are good, but they get stale really quickly.

Do you guys think the hollywood drink tastes the same as the LA one? I did LA take off a couple times...hated the juice...bleck....and once I got the hollywood and I couldnt drink it all all. I only made it through one day. Maybe just me, but I thought it tasted different.
  • they taste pretty similar to me...not that either kind of juice is very good. the key is to dilute it with really cold water. i got the ww tortillas at wild oats in the section where they have milk and cheese.
  • I will check it out. There is a wild oats close to where I work.

I would actually put the drink in the freezer for a while...the colder the better!
  • Hello everyone, I am back also. I have not been doing good either and am going back to LAWL tomorrow for a weigh in. I know it won't be good but that is okay. I will start anew and work at getting it off. I tried on my own but I need the accountability. I cheat when I know I don't have to weigh In. Oh well, it is great to be back and see everyone is still here.

Lorrie
  • Lorrie-
    Glad to see you are back! Hope you have a great weigh-in!!

My first weigh in of the new year was a success!! I was down from 253 to 248!! I know that was mostly water weight...but it still makes me happy!

I am going to a bridal show today...whoohooo! I just need to stay away from all the munchies. The show starts at 11:00 so I think I will eat something before I leave so I dont get hungry.

Have a great weekend all!
  • Hi Everyone:
    I weighed into today I was down from Monday which I was happy with.
    Marcie I think the hollywood drink has a different flavor now I think some kind of cranberry. Congrats on your loss.
    I don't worry about the tortillas either, they let you have there snacks and there is more calories and fat in them than the tortillas.
    Lorrie hope you have a good weigh in.
    Gringa how was your night out?
    Diane
    210/156.8/135
  • Congrats on the loss Diane! Every little bit helps!
  • Well, I weighed in today and got started again. They have a lot of new stuff now. I brought home the triple Biscotti and the vanilla cafe au lait. Has anyone tried these? Also brought home the cookie type things...cinnamon raisin I think it is. And also some breakfast bars. I should be all set now...lol I was up and starting out this time at 243. So now I am going to be going down. I will keep posting as this board is such a big help.

Lorrie
    243/243/170
  • I like those cookie things...they gave me a box of the cinnamon and the blueberry when I started. I think they exchange as a fruit and starch....I ate them for breakfast a lot.