Old 04-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #31  
Micky50

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/142-152

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for that juliemarie! Guess I can give up on peas and corn as pig-out foods (just kidding).
Thank you Angie. Getting healthy is hard work but I'm determined!
Keep up the good work ladies!
NewLifeNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #32  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi......I'm just sayin'.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:44 AM   #33  
Marissa

S/C/G: 205/181/150

Height: 5'9

so i haven't started my LAWL program yet. im down to 184... ive lost 24lbs and i have 34 to go. the thing is that i have been eating small amounts of food... like half a sandwich, full serving of meat and 2% cheese. im afraid that i might gain weight (i know i know, you have to eat to lose) but was wondering since ive already been eating healthy should i start off with the take off like i was beginning the program or should i start it like ive already been doing the program. i still havent figured out my eating rotations with work yet but i have noticed that i lose weight while im working and i gain 1lb or so while im not. really proud of myself this last time though cuz i only went up 0.7lbs... and i know weight fluctuates but still. i am also a smoker and have been saying that i was going to quit for the last year. i get really close and then something crazy happens in my life and i start smoking more. crazy how those little sticks have control over us huh? lol... ne ways ... any help would be appreciated!
marissaann84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #34  
Micky50

Hi marissa - I'm new here so I'll let the other ladies give you a definite answer but my guess would be that you'll benefit from doing takeoff first - it's supposed to prep your body for what comes later and it's only for a couple of days (I think it may actually trick your body into losing more but again, I'm just guessing). Smoking is H*** but every time I quit I gain 20-40 lbs and isolate all my friends (somehow I turn into a binge-eating witch lol). This time I'm cutting back gradually while doing lawl - instead of going cold turkey. Good luck - Stay strong.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #35  
Micky50

btw, a friend of mine was able to quit with Chantix. Ask your doctor - mine said that it wasn't suitable for me because of meds.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #36  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Takeoff is designed to curb carb cravings and jumpstart your weightloss (yes-it's water weight because carbs cause you to retain more water) and keep you motivated. So-I would go ahead and do it.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #37  
Micky50

Thanks Juliemarie - re: another one of your posts, I think this forum will return to its former glory if you, Angie, Mamanicole and others keep posting - the info here is invaluable and saved me from having to pay their fee all over again. And with the "elders" (you guys) providing support, this is probably the best resource I've seen for what we're all trying to do. As someone else said, the program has worked for a lot of people but the centers left a bad taste... I don't miss those women going for my credit card every time I walked in. Thank-you-thank-you - ttyl
Old 04-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #38  

I know what you mean about the centres leaving a bad taste. I love the program but I hate the company. Extremely poor customer service. I purchased a case of take off juice during a promotion. Got to use 4 out of the 12 bottles before they expired. No exchanges, no refunds and when I requested contact from the company - no response at all. This company is out for your money (once they have it you are just anouther number). Buyer beware. I continue with the program because I prepaid in full and there are no refunds but I will not purchase any of their products and would suggest that you be careful what you sign up for.
Following program works though and I love it.
ghein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #39  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Its funny reading some of the posts because this morning I was thinking to myself that I almost want to go back to the centre. Its not because of the support or anything. I need to be accountable to someone each week....and not my husband because he loves me no matter what!!!
I know what to eat but its easy to have a cheat moment when you dont have to go weigh in every week!
I have continued to exercise and I enjoy it most days however I just can't seem to get past food on certain days. One day I do great and the next I fail. After falling down so many times, you start to wonder if you can do it.
I just came back from Mexico and I had no junk food but of course I had some drinks every day...agh!!!
Okay I am having a fat day! I need to do something different!!! Not sure what!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #40  
Marissa

I have had good annd bad experances with the centers... The first one I was at was great... Every time u lost even an ounce they were very supportive. The second o e I was at just wasn't the same... More like the ones I've read about on here. I think forum is just as goid as the center.actually better. There are great ppl on here and very knowledgeable people. I found it hard to say no to food at first but when I started seeing the pound go down it motivated me to stay in track. Everyone has days when they want chocolate or Mexican food... Whatever year downfall may be and its ok to have them just not the wholee candy bar or the wwhole bowl of guacamole... Lol. Treat yourself everyince in a while to a piece of chocolate. Lol... I know its not the same but it helps. Sorry if this post has a bunch of errors in it... Typing on my phone in break at work... Good luck with the cravings!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #41  

Dear Hoochie. I am with you. I know I need the accountability. I do love the program. but not the customer service. I have been now reviewing the posts and think Marrisann is right to say that the ppl on this site are knowledgeable as well as supportive. I still have to go in and weigh in and would recommend the program but not the company so find a buddy to weigh in (in front of) and the program and plans can be found online. Good luck
ghein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #42  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!

I'm happy to report I'm down a few lbs from my last check in ,so I'm at 213.6 and I've hit the 60lb milestone

Hello new people! You can use this thread to check in with your weight for accountability, although I doubt you'd have anyone here scolding you if you messed up.

I'm not following the program any longer, but I have lots of the resource material hanging around here somewhere, and lots of recipes too. Anyone remember MTDeb's cookbook? I think it was a 300-400 page word document and I'm sure it's somewhere in my email.

Joan -- Sounds like Mexico was fun, you look great! Did you wear a bikini? I'm going to Las Vegas at the end of May and I'm sure there will be a few drinks. My plan is to do lots of walking to counteract the effects!

I'm nostalgic for the times when this thread was so busy that it was a workout just to keep up with it! It's good to see some new people joining.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #43  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Nicole, JM, Jillian, Joni, Barb, Kim & everyone else!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #44  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hi to everyone. life is super crazy.

congrats, Angie on your 60lbs lost!! so awesome!

welcome to the new peeps! i'll try to check in more.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #45  
Marissa

Wow...60 lbs... That's incredible! Way to go!

I am pleased to report when I weighed this morning I was 181.6... And when I looked into the mirror I could actually tell my face is thinner! U know how it is when u lose weight ur still the same size in ur head so actually seeing it was awesome. I'm almost in the 170's! I'm super excited... I did give into a cheese burger and tater tots though... Oops. I was just so tired of salad... Lol. But all is well. When I get to 178 I will have lost 30lbs from my highest weight!

Hope u all have a grest Easter! Try to stay on plan!