3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss #59

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 12:37 PM   #76

Arrgh. Today was "baking day." Since I'm broke this year, my friends are getting cookies from me for xmas. I had a couple while I was baking, and I didn't do so well last night either. Looking ahead until next week, I'm not sure I'll be able to get back on track until after Xmas. I'll just be happy with making good decisions in whatever situations the holidays present. Then we can re-motivate on Dec. 26th
Old 12-18-2002, 09:09 AM   #77

Good Morning Everyone...

Well things have been going so so with me. Weighed in on Monday and I was down 4 oz. That is not too bad considering all the cookies that I ate Saturday at my friends xmas party.

I don't know about anyone else but I am finding that I am not eating the food that I just want the sweets. I love sweets so lately at the holiday parties I pass on the food and go straight to the sweets.

I weigh in again tonight and yesterday we had our office xmas lunch. I did good on my food choices...fruit and salad...had small piece of chicken. But for dessert I split a piece of banana/chocolate cake and a piece of carrot cake...boy was it good. But I worked out extra hard at gym last night. I think the extra working out is helping me.

xYTx...I will have my baking day on Friday. I am sure that I will have to sample some of the cookies. We are tight for money this xmas since we are still paying for our wedding which was in October. So I went and bought stuff to make everyone cookies which was not as cheap as I thought it would be. But I love to bake and I am looking forward to Friday.

My center told me that I could start the weekends off program this weekend. Well I am going to take the information there is no extra charge. Is anyone doing the weekends off plan and if so is it working for you. My center told me that it does not work for some people and they limit who they give this plan to. I am just curious.

This weekend I plan to go off track because on Saturday we have our annual xmas breakfast with my family and then we have our get together with friends on Saturday night. I just hope to get some gym time in. That is a big maybe my hubby is off work and this is our weekend together and I don't want to spend it at gym.

Well everyone have a great day!
Old 12-18-2002, 04:24 PM   #78
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

good luck with all the baking you guys. i usually bake for friends and neighbors, but i'm too time and money crunched to do it this year. just as well, i would probably eat more than i would give away.

i'm so glad this week is moving along. i'm ready for a few days away from this place.

supposed to go to a girls night out tonight but i'm thinking of skipping it. had an office happy hour/christmas shingdig last night and i ended up having two drinks. ate grilled fish sandwich, so i don't think i did too much damage. don't know if i should eat out again tonight though. girls' night is at an italian place. with my limited options, i'd probably end up with grilled chicken salad. i'd just as soon make it myself at home and avoid the expense. just not feeling very social either.

have a weigh in tomorrow. hoping i'll stay the same or move down a little. will be depressed if the scale is back up. no one but myself to blame though. should have skipped the alcohol.

doing pretty well on the modified eating. i've already had fish twice today (yep, i even had it for breakfast) thinking i may have shrimp tonight to keep up the seafood theme.

Ultimate Goal 160

Minigoal - under 200 by New Years
Old 12-19-2002, 07:23 AM   #79

Hello and Good Morning Everyone!!

Just want to say that I was very shocked last night when I went in weighed in. I have been following plan pretty much to the tee with a few excepts (holiday cookies and treats) and I lost 2lbs
I was sooo surprised. I thought I would be down but not 2lb. I am not complaining believe you me....this is a nice xmas gift to myself. I have been on LAWL for 6 wks and I have lost a total of 16lbs. Only 12lbs left till I meet my goal weight

I am so happy about losing this weight. My hubby and I want to have children but I wanted to get to my goal weight before we even started to try...so this just puts me one step closer.

Well everyone have a great day....only 6 days till xmas.
Old 12-19-2002, 12:06 PM   #80
THIS DAY IS MINE!

Great job Tab, you're doing it!!! Keep it up through the holidays. I was down one pound today, so I'm trying to stay on track too. Let's stick to it the next couple of weeks. You'll be at goal soon.

Where are all the other regulars on this board???

Ultimate Goal 160

Old 12-19-2002, 12:55 PM   #81
THIS DAY IS MINE!

oh, i wanted to add that the counselors at my center showed my the polaroid they took of me when i first went there. i can't believe how much of a difference there is. very motivating

Ultimate Goal 160

Old 12-19-2002, 01:02 PM   #82

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm hiding in shame LoL. I've been off-plan for the last 3 days and I just can't seem to get it together. I'll do fine until I start studying, and then everything goes wrong and I start snacking. It doesn't help that all the clients at work are sending us FOOD.
Old 12-19-2002, 04:12 PM   #83
THIS DAY IS MINE!

well, don't feel bad. i fell off the wagon today at the office christmas party. probably had at least 500 calories worth of junk...cookies, chips, etc. i hate when i do that. i don't feel so bad if i blow calories on really good stuff, but i hate blowing it on junk

Ultimate Goal 160

Old 12-19-2002, 06:33 PM   #84

I know what you mean- another Christmas party tomorrow night and since this is Buffalo guess what 1 item on the buffet will be--------Yep, Chicken Wings. OOOOH, they smell so good all the time. I keep telling myself that my stomach can't handle the kind of food any more. I have made 5 different kinds of Italian cookies and have 3 more kinds to go. I'll need a miracle to get through this.
Kathie
Old 12-20-2002, 10:09 AM   #85

Sorry I haven't been posting. The holiday's have me going in a different direction than normal. In every area. I've been baking and eating too just like everyone else, but I haven't gained (exercise and okay meals I guess). I am going to day with big hopes of having lost 1 pound and breaking the 30 # mark. We'll see if I did it. Then I'll be on hold for a week while I'm out of town. Wish me well.

Start Weight 191
Start Date 9-4-02
Current Weight 160
Mini Goal 154 by 2/7/79 my 24th birthday
Goal Weight 130
Old 12-20-2002, 04:35 PM   #86
THIS DAY IS MINE!

went ahead and did my third weigh-in today. was down .25 pounds. i'll take it! i probably won't be posting for a couple of days because I'll be on the road. hope everyone has a great holiday and doesn't get too far out of control. i'm hoping to stay the same or gain only a pound or so...we'll see how that goes.

Ultimate Goal 160

Old 12-20-2002, 05:33 PM   #87

Default Hey guys!

I am around, but totally off program. I put myself on hold until after the holidays. My hubby's family is here from England and I am cooking and I just knew I would be doing good to maintain.

I'll be back when they leave!!

joined 11/2/02 203.5
current 192.5
Christmas goal 185
Mother's Day Goal 140
Old 12-23-2002, 07:06 AM   #88

Good Morning Everyone.

Well I know exactly what you mean about the holiday parties. I weighed in first thing Saturday morning...I was down 4oz but I am sure I put it right back on. Saturday was my families xmas breakfast and then Saturday night was xmas with our friends. And let me tell you I ate what ever i wanted. I know not a good thing to do....but I have been sooo good that I just wanted wanted to. I got back on plan on Sunday...acutally I was soooo stuffed still sunday morning that I only ate dinner yesterday...which is not good but.....So tonight is weigh in. I am expectig the worse soooo i will be ready for any gain.

Well I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Will be looking over the holidays to see who is posting to say hello. Everyone have a wonderful time and be safe.
Old 12-24-2002, 08:06 AM   #89

Hello Everyone...Just wanted to post the bad results. I was up 1.3 lbs last night at weight in. I can now understand why they say that the average person can gain 5-7lbs during the holidays. I really splurged Saturday night and it is definately showing on the scales.

Looking forward to the new year and getting back on track.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Old 12-24-2002, 09:02 AM   #90
THIS DAY IS MINE!

Hey Tab, I'm right there with you. I won't have an official weigh-in until next week, but I'm way up on my home scales. Splurged big time over the weekend. Trying to get back on track now. Away from my gym and all my routine, but plan on walking on the folks' treadmill everyday between now and Friday when I return to Nashville. Did better foodwise yesterday, plan to be perfect today. I've worked to hard to gain it all back now. I was at 33 pounds when I weighed in on Friday and I deperately want to maintain that loss for my weigh-in next week. Gotta get to workin'

Hope everyone has a great holiday and doesn't get too out of control!

Ultimate Goal 160

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.