3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss #59

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 07:48 PM   #46

We got the rain this afternoon. It's much better than it had been-wind chills below zero. We got up to 22 in. of snow a week ago and that is melting now!
I lost 2# on the Take Off. I had been to 2 dinners so I had gained 2#. I' down to 158. That's 17.5# for me.
I like the biscotti with a non fat Chai tea latte that I make using Stash's Chai tea, splenda and a little 1% milk. That in itself tastes like dessert to me.
Kathie
Old 12-11-2002, 10:36 PM   #47

Since we're sharing OP treats:

I like to take my lite cheese dairy exchange and make a half-grilled cheese, using PAM butter flavored spray to dust both sides of the bread. That's a nice treat
Old 12-11-2002, 10:41 PM   #48

Hello, I am right there with all of you at the can't break 160 mark. I want it so bad, yet I'm wanting to eat so much at the same time, i.e. christmas cookies.

My goal is 159 by Christmas. I know I can do it. I just have to discipline myself and really work out! Sigh. I get tired of all of it at times.

Start Weight 191
Start Date 9-4-02
Current Weight 160
Mini Goal 154 by 2/7/79 my 24th birthday
Goal Weight 130
Old 12-12-2002, 09:30 AM   #49

Hi Everyone,
Just thought I'd let you all know the apples and cottage cheese was better than I thought. I cooked the apples in a pan with some Splenda and some apple pie spice (I added a little water), and poured it over some cottage cheese. It was pretty saucey from being cooked. I also added a few walnuts even though their not really on program but anyway it was really good. Thanks for the other ideas, I think I'll try them. I saw the Chai latte in the grocery store yesterday and wondered if it was any good. Weekend is coming up and I need to get some baking done, not sure how I'm going to do that and stay on program. oh well, have a great weekend everyone.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:08 AM   #50

Default OP treats!

You're all so creative! I can't say I have anything too creative to share, but I do like the turkey meatballs I make....with ground turkey, fresh parsley, onion and garlic powder and a little sprinking of grated cheese and then bake them. I cout the grated cheese as my dairy exchange.,

This is too hard at the holidays...someone from work brought in pastries today, and tomorrow is ANOTHER holiday lunch at work at a Mexican restaurant! I could eat BASKETS of those chips!

Oh well, one day at a time.....

~cheer
Old 12-12-2002, 11:14 AM   #51

Mexican restaurant nights always bust me Last time, I ordered a taco salad. Chicken instead of beef. No guac, no sour cream, no cheese... salsa instead of dressing.

AND I couldn't stop eating it 'til it was all gone! Damned American portion sizes!! LoL! But it was really good. At least it wasn't a bunch of tacos or burritos or whatever.

UGH. Last night, my scale read 162. I haven't weighed that in months. I've been "good," so I know it has to be water... but still. I wanted to cry
Old 12-12-2002, 12:42 PM   #52
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

xytx, don't let the number get you down. it was definitely water. two days from now you'll probably be at a new low weight....at least, that's how it happens with me. also, i read the comments on the scam thread about LAWL. i hate it that other people have had bad experiences with their centers, it seems like quality varies from center to center. also, a lot of people seem to have a misconception about what the program is like. as far as the expense, yes LAWL is expensive if you buy the bars and supplements. but, i'll gladly pay whatever it takes to lose weight and keep it off. anyway, just wanted you to know that the scam thing bothers me too, but i've just decided to avoid the thread.

cheer, RESIST TEMPTATION! i love mexican food, and it's so very hard to find something that's on program. i've decided i might have it saturday as my so-called cheat meal that i allow myself. i find that if i give myself one splurge it helps keep me on track. twisted logic i know. just make the best choices you can...and drink lots of water.

denise, i'll have to try that apples and cottage cheese thing. i love cottage cheese, but i usually just have mine with blueberries.

now for my big news, I FINALLY MADE IT TO 30 POUNDS!!! woohoo, i'm so pleased with myself. it seems like these last five pounds have been such a struggle. the counselor at my center said that they'll probably switch me to a new program when i go in on saturday. not sure if that will work or not, i'm on the red plan now because i work out so much. anyway, yeah for me. let's keep it going guys, we've come so far. i'd love to make it down 35 pounds by new years.

Ultimate Goal 160

Minigoal - under 200 by New Years
Old 12-12-2002, 01:48 PM   #53

Way to go Gringa! I don't know if you have pets, but if you have a dog, go pick up one of those huge bags of dog food and carry it around for a minute or two. They weigh around 30 lbs! That's so much weight gone!! And I agree... I wanted so much to lose weight! I'd tried less expensive methods without success. I certainly don't have money to be throwing away, but if it's working it's worth the money, IMHO.

I'm still all bloated today. Yuck. But I'm going to head over to the gym after lunch. Exercising always makes the cramping a little easier on me, too. After that, it's back to prepping for finals. AND staying away from study-time snacking. That's one of my worst times for shoveling food in my mouth.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:03 PM   #54

Hi all,

I know I haven't really been posting as much, but I wanted to let you all know that i'm leaving LAWL and am going to start Somersizing this weekend.

I asked the center for my money back on the lites and the remainder of the weeks I have left and they have agreed to it. I feel like they are going to give me the run around though, but i'm going to push on and MAKE I get back every cent due to me.

I'll keep posting here if that's alright w/ everyone? I just wanted to wish everyone wish everyone the greatest of successes!

Kathy
Old 12-12-2002, 03:13 PM   #55

Kathy,
Good Luck with Somersizing. I bought a couple of her books. Not sure if your aware but she sells a lot of products on Home Shopping Network (HSN). If you don't get that channel I'm sure you can find them on their website. hsn.com. Good luck with it and keep us up to date on how your doing.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:29 PM   #56

Denise,
Be careful with the tea. I use tea bags made by Stash. The already prepared latte may have mega calories. If I do order it at a coffee place, I order it with skim milk.
Gringa,
Congrats. I also agree about the scam thing'
Kathy'
Good luck and keep posting.
A funny thing happened- Iwas at my center at 9:11 and all the lights were off. People were in their cars. The new manager (of about a week) came over and apologized that she didn't have a key to the bldg. and it would be another 10 min. or so until some one got there with a key. I left as there were about 5 people ahead of me. They had better count that as a visit.
Kathie
Old 12-12-2002, 06:09 PM   #57

Kathie - I like the idea of the Chai tea latte. I have been having a sweet tooth with all the holiday goodies, and this is one that I can have!

Gringa - Congrats on the 30# mark. That is alot of weight. Just think how much that would be considering bags of sugar. Isn't that a thought.

I went into the holidays with a weakened resolve and it hasn't gotten better. I have been doing the yo yo thing - one pound up, one pound down- for over a month. Is anyone else having trouble staying with the program when there is so much temptation around? Last week I had six holiday parties! And I wonder why I am having trouble? I have thought about just not going.

Hannah
Old 12-13-2002, 09:59 AM   #58

I just replied to the scam board. I just get so upset with people who make their own problems. I think you should say your piece and move on. (JUst like I am doing). Have a good day all.
Kathie
Old 12-13-2002, 10:34 AM   #59

Ugh. The bloat continues. I hit the gym again yesterday and did a good 45 min of hard cardio. I weighed down a pound last night, so maybe some of the water's starting to go away. I forgot how awful TOM water retention was

I just get annoyed when I'm told I'm not "allowed" to post in favor of a weightloss plan that's shaved 30+ lbs off of me. That board isn't just for people who've been scammed... it's for the opposing opinion, too. Just look at the Weight Watchers scam thread there. I probably won't lose all my weight on time either. This last plateau just isn't getting broken following LAWL's plan, but I will certainly get my weeks out of it before trying another way. I don't regret the $$ I spent. I'm the thinnest I've been since high school.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:39 AM   #60

Thanks for the replies guys! I did go into the center today to fill out paper work. They said the reginal manager had to talk to me first before i'm able to get my money back. They better not string me along!

I will start Somersizing this weekend and let you all know what I think of it.

Have a great weekend!

Kathy
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.