3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss #59

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 12:50 PM   #31

Well, today I dashed into the center on my way from school to work and put myself on hold. I told them that I simply could not make the new wacky hours until the end of the semester! Another client was in the center at the same time complaining about the hours I took home my LA Lites and I am determined to keep OP until I can make it back for weigh-ins. While I was there, they told me about a sale they're having on LA Lites. They quoted me 10 boxes for $99, which is pretty comparable to buying them on EBay. I told them I was pretty broke and that I didn't need any more right now

I even hauled my butt into the gym this morning. It feels good to be doing something about my exercise again. Hopefully it'll start showing up on the scale.

Cheer - I know what you mean about all the tasty stuff around on the holidays!! My BF brought home a bunch of junk last night. Chocolate chip cookies, honey mustard pretzels, canned pasta... I managed to stay away from most of it, but I had a few nibbles of pretzel. My downfall is sweets, especially small ones like hershey's kisses. Before i know it, I've eaten the whole bag.

It sounds like a lot of us are kinda stalled right now I wish I knew how to break out of it! I keep hoping the exercise will start to motivate me to stick to the plan. We'll see
Old 12-09-2002, 01:14 PM   #32

Something that caught my eye recently:

in the "Fitness Scams" folder, there is a thread on LAWL. Now, this kinda bothered me. Sure, their selling tactics are pushy and I do think they are underhanded sometimes, but a scam? It's right in there next to Xenadrine, Peel Away the Pounds, and every weightloss pill, drink, and infomercial under the sun. I did write a reply, but the thread's gone inactive. I feel like I'm working too hard for my success to consider LAWL a scam!
Old 12-09-2002, 03:06 PM   #33

I don't think it would be considered a scam either, it does work
so maybe the problem was about money and buying the lites.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:04 AM   #34

Hello Everyone...

Sounds like everyone has survived our first real snow...*smile*

Well things have been going OK with my new way of eating. I am down a total of 11.2 lbs and I started LAWL on Nov 6th. Not too shabby.

Someone and forgive me I can't remember who it was had mentioned something about sharing some receipes or some food ideas. I mentioned to the counsler last night that I get bored with the food and I feel that I am eating the same things. She also mentioned to me the Weekends Off plan. I asked it that was an additional cost and believe it she said no...that it was part of the plan. But that I could not start the Weekends Off Plan until I was there 5 weeks. So I think that I will be going on that plan. I need variety...when I get bored I cheat. She also mentioned to me the cookbook....it sounds good but for $28 I just don't know.......

Well keep up the good work we have a lot of bumps in the road due to the holidays...but we will survive.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:52 AM   #35

I seem to be going back and forth between 158 and 160, so I started the 2 day Take Off with the Hollywood Diet Drink. We'll see what happens. Do you who are bored with food, use the George Foreman grill? It has been a lifesaver to me. I cook chicken, fish,veggies and sandwiches for my husband on iit I also have been using it for burgers,turkey and lean beef and chicken Italian sausage. I bought each of my daughters an XXL one for Christmas (thats the size I have). I think it's worth every penny.
Hope this helps.
Kathie
Old 12-10-2002, 09:47 AM   #36

I love my Foreman grill! I use it for everything, too. I have the small version, which can accomodate two turkey burgers or chicken breasts. I'd be lost without that thing, since that (and microwaving my veggies) is the only "cooking" I do.

I've also been bouncing around between 157 and 160... it's so frustrating! It's been this way for weeks and weeks. I've made a pact to make it to the gym 5-6 times this week in the attempt to break this plateau. Maybe the increased exercise will do the trick. I'm also not eating both my starch exchanges, since sometimes going without the starches seems to help.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:07 AM   #37

Hi Everyone,

I know what you mean by getting stuck. I do that a lot too. Ya know I just remembered what one of the leaders at Weight Watchers told me a couple of years ago. She said to vary your menu as much as possible because if you eat the same thing all the time you kinda get stuck. It made sense to me. Besides as some of us are already you get bored eating the same thing all the time. I've been thinking about what I can eat that is different and I thought I'd cook an apple with sweetner and some cinnamon and pour it over some cottage cheese. Some of you are probably saying yuck!!! I'll let you know how it is. I really want to lose as much as possible before Christmas.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:18 AM   #38

Hi all,

I weighed in today and i'm down a pound!

Has anyone ever gotten money back from LAWL? I paid last Fri $65 for extra weeks and now I don't want them anymore so I asked for a refund today and they told me i'd have to talk to the manager and if she approves I have to fill out a form and they will send it to headquarters to issue me a check. Has anyone else gone through this?

Kathy
184/167.4/130
Old 12-10-2002, 12:12 PM   #39

Kathy:
I received a refund for the bars once it took a while but I did get my money back.
Did anyone try the new La twists they are not to bad and its something new. they count as a starch.
Diane

210/154/140
Old 12-10-2002, 12:12 PM   #40
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Hi guys. I'm back after being on the road a while. I totally relate to the bouncing around on the scale. I've been trying to hit the 30 pound mark for about 2 weeks, but it keeps eluding me. I'll be down a pound and then up .5 and then down .75. I figure as long as I'm showing a loss for the week it's still an improvement. I'm only .75 pounds from 30 mark, so i'm hoping to hit it by Thursday.

I've also found that I seem to get stalled if I"m eating totally on program. Not that I encourage cheating, but it seems like if i have one cheat meal once a week, it revs my metabolism back up. It's sort of like the Body for Life philosophy i guess. As long as it keeps working, i'm going to keep doing it.

Good luck to everyone. Let's lose some pounds by Christmas!!! I'd love to be at the 35 pound mark by then...we'll see.

Ultimate Goal 160

Minigoal - under 200 by New Years
Old 12-10-2002, 02:13 PM   #41

I've never asked for money back, but I can tell that they sure hate to part with it...

I went in on Friday and was down another 2, so I've lost 11.5 since 11/2. I haven't been in yet this week, but was terrible over the weekend.... I am try ing to do better.

I think they hate me at my center. I freaked when they told me I have to pay for the Weekends Off material.. then on Friday, they showed me this "wonderful, coupon book, full of savings, etc...." then told me it was $29.99!!! I think I swore at them! I swear, it is just robbery. I do think the diet works, but I also see the point that someone would think it was a scam. That whole advertising of $7 week....... When in reality it is $28 (for lites) + 7 = 35, and that is with nothing but the lites. Then that they make you pay for a year of maintenance. Just BS!

Ok, off the soapbox! It does work! You are just broke in the end! Ha!

Have a good OP day everyone!

joined 11/2/02 203.5
current 192.5
Christmas goal 185
Mother's Day Goal 140
Old 12-11-2002, 08:44 AM   #42

Good Morning Everyone...

How is everyone this rainy/icy Wednesday morning. The weather wasn't too bad in my area...we got mostly rain. But it is still nasty out.

Not doing soooo bad...but I tell you I am craving a grilled cheese sandwich and soup. On these cold nights I would just like to come in and have something to warm my insides.

I see that everyone is talking about getting into the 150's. I have about 2 more lbs till I hit the 150 area. But I am hoping to be in the 150's by xmas. That would be a nice gift. I have noticed such a big difference in my pants and I love it. And I am only down 11 lbs...can't imagine what I will look like when I lose the next 19 lbs...that will be great. That is my motivation right now. I know how good I feel losing 11 lbs...what will 30 lbs feel like.

Keep up the good work....
Old 12-11-2002, 11:35 AM   #43

Default getting back on track

I finally bit the bullet after my 1 1/2 week food-fest and went to weigh in at my center...not as bad as I thought...I am up 4 lbs. (not good either, though)

So, I am back on the 3 day Take Off, and I am going to try to stick to it as long as I can before feeling like I am going to pass out...even if that is just a day. Is there something funky in the juice (i.e. stimulants?) I don't understand why it makes me feel funny.

I'm hoping to get some lbs off, even if it is just excess water I am storing after my binge!!!

~cheer
Old 12-11-2002, 12:55 PM   #44
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

hey cheer, i don't think there are stimulants in the juice, but i think it makes you feel funny because it's basically pure fruit sugar from the juice...it probably makes your blood sugar run way up. just a theory.

tab, it is rainy and gross here too, but at least no ice or snow. i don't mind cold weather but i hate messy weather.

doing pretty well on food this week, have been eating some mini rice cakes though. been trying to substitute a serving for my starch so i don't overdo it. am loving the biscotti too, such a pleasant treat with a cup of hot cocoa (la lite of course)

exercised like a fiend this morning, hope it's paying off.

Ultimate Goal 160

Minigoal - under 200 by New Years
Old 12-11-2002, 01:10 PM   #45

Ugh! Aunt Flo is here to visit this week, and I feel so bloated! I've been behaving and exercising, but I'm up 3#. I recently switched birth control methods from depo provera to the new birth control patch, and I'm having my first real cycle in about 6 months. The Depo gave me these weird cycles of water retention that I couldn't predict, so I decided to stop it. Plus, a side effect of the injection is weight gain, and I need all the help I can get... so it's back to regularity for me.

That LAWL Scam thread is getting kinda heated. I don't really know how to respond to all those people, since a couple of them seem really angry. I guess you can't make everyone happy all of the time. All I know is it's worked so far for me. So what if I'm a little stalled? :-b

Finals are coming up next week, so it is my goal to stay out of the cookie jar until they're over. And keep going to that gym!!! I could care less what the scale says for right now... we'll just focus on good habits until my TOM decides it's through

Cheer - that juice makes me feel weird, too. Just be careful with it. It's one of the issues I have with LAWL. At least they don't tell you NOT to eat, like that Hollywood 48 hour diet... you're supposed to only consume that stuff for 2 days. Ouch! I agree with Gringa. I think it messes with your blood sugar in unpleasant ways.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.