3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss # 58

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 01:41 PM   #76

Question

Hey Everyone,
Congratulations Sirk, Wow 50 lbs. you must be very proud. Keep it up!!! Well, I made it through Thanksgiving sticking pretty much to my goal of one small serving of everything, except I did have a littel extra stuffing. I go weigh in tomorrow so hopefully I still have a loss. What's worse is that I'm traveling again next week, for 3 days. That's 3 days of eating in restaurants. Anybody have any advice? I'm going to take my work out clothes and plan to get to the hotel gym each night. Hopefully that will be all my travel for the rest of the year. I met a goal this week of getting under the 170 mark. I made my goal at LAWL 150# so I wouldn't pay extra for the additional but I'd really like to get down under 145. That was my average pre-pregnancy weight (almost 12 years ago). Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 11-30-2002, 11:31 AM   #77

I just weighed in and lost .6 over Thanksgiving, so I got $10.00 credit. Getting something for nothing from LAWL is worth more than the.6 . Ha, Ha!
Old 11-30-2002, 01:10 PM   #78

Wtg Kathie...I'll be glad if I stay the same, although I was good! Just tasted a sliver of pumpkin pie and that was the day after Thanksgiving! Oh well, back on track today.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Meg
Old 12-01-2002, 08:50 AM   #79

Default 2 day express

Hey Everyone,
Went to the center yesterday to weigh in and lost 1.25 lbs. I think that's 10 lbs in 4 weeks. I'm happy with that although I've been getting a little to flexible with my eating, Thanksgiving threw me off and I'm starting to crave food again. What's worse is that I still have that trip ahead of me. I ask the counselor about going on the 3 day express after I get back and she said that after that first time they do a 2 day express instead. Evidently there's a pamphlet you get on it. She said it's slightly modified version of the 3 day express. Does anyone have this 2 day express. What's the difference from the 3 day? I think I might try it after I get back. The counselor also mentioned that the Orange drink was currently on special for $19.99. I think I'll check Sam's Club and see if I can get it cheaper. Have a great week everyone.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:00 AM   #80

Good morning everyone....

Glad to hear that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that for the most part everyone stayed on track. I went and weighed in on Wed before Thanksgiving and I was down 1lb so that is total of 10lbs in 3 weeks not to shabby. I went back on Saturday and I was up 2 ounces. Not to bad considering what I ate. I really didn't eat much dinner because I had 18 people in my house for my first Thanksgiving as a married woman.

But what I did eat was....a friend of mine makes homemade salsa and she brought salsa and chips for a before dinner snack well ...I kinda ate almost a whole bag of chips by myself....didn't realize I had even done it. So after dinner and dessert I had to make hubbys lunch and as I pulled out the leftovers I realized that I didn't get this or that so at 9pm Thanksgiving night I had a little plate of all the stuff I didn't get...*smile* how bad of me but it was soooooo good.

So by gaining the 2 ounces I didn't get my $10 bonus. Maybe next time. Tonight I go and weigh in and I have been able to get back on track. Have been on plan since Friday so I hope I have good news to post.

Sirk...WTG on the 50lbs...keep up the good work.

Denise....1.25 lbs over Thanksgiving that is awesome. I have never heard of the 2 day express diet. But I did see at our Walmart on Sundat the Hollywood diet drink. It looks very similar to the one that LAWL gave us. I read the directions and you mix with water and it was only $14 something a bottle. Better than LAWL sale price. Travelling and dieting is never easy but just try to make wise choices and if you can pack some stuff with you. Like the fruit bars for breakfast...some plain rice cakes or melba toast for your starches...maybe throw in a couple of apples and oranges...and if you can get in at least 30 minutes of good cardio you should be able to stay on track. You will just have to try harder ..... I know you can do it.

Everyone have a great day and check in later.....
Old 12-02-2002, 08:08 AM   #81

Sorry....forgot to add one thing.....Has anyone ever bought the cookbook?
Old 12-02-2002, 10:20 AM   #82

Good Morning all!

So, I finally stepped foot into my center after being on the run for 2wks! I gained 9# back! it's awful but it could've been worse, so back on the wagon am I!

Kathy
184/166.4/130
Old 12-02-2002, 11:00 AM   #83

Default Booo!

Well, I am so proud of you guys that lost and did so well! I was not good at all, I had Thanksgiving, Mexican, a burger and fries, Chili, and desserts.... I am going to be as good as gold today and then go weigh in tomorrow and face the music.

I have got to get a grip!!!

joined 11/2/02 203.5
current 192.5
Christmas goal 185
Mother's Day Goal 140
Old 12-02-2002, 11:48 AM   #84
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Hi guys, just checking back after the holidays.

SIRK, that's an awesome loss! You're halfway there, keep it up.

Kitkat, don't get too worried about the 9 pound gain...i bet at least half of that is water weight from too much sodium...it's what always happens to me.

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well.

My mom ended up not having to have surgery after all, so it was a very happy Thanksgiving indeed at my house. I managed to get in some sort of exercise every day except Friday. My eating was bad...there's something about being at my folks' house that triggers all my bad eating urges. I got back to my own house on Sunday and got back on track. Amazingly, I was down 2 pounds when I weighed in this morning. I think LAWL has kicked my metabolism into high gear. I hoping to get to 30 pounds gone by my Saturday weigh in...that means I have to lose another 1.5 pounds by then. I CAN DO IT!!!

Ultimate Goal 160

Minigoal - under 200 by New Years
Old 12-02-2002, 01:33 PM   #85

Well, I did pretty well on Thanksgiving. I skipped the stuffing, bread and potatoes and had fruit salad and green salad with my turkey. I had the tiniest piece of pumpkin pie at the end of it all. Saturday night, however, was my boyfriend's birthday. I made him a cake, and I am still managing NOT to eat any of it (it's sitting in my kitchen!!! I keep telling him to EAT IT FAST). We went out to eat, and I overdid it a little by ordering a taco salad minus guacamole and sour cream. I ordered chicken instead of taco beef, but devoured the entire thing, so I was up 4# the next morning. This morning, I'm down 2#. I hope the last 2# come off tonight and that the gain was only water weight.

I'm having such a hard time getting back into exercising though. I just don't have any time between work and school, and it's SO COLD outside. I am considering joining a gym. I guess it's better to be a little poor than to get fat again. So, I'm looking for gyms that are either open before school or after work (~10 pm). I have a really hard time sticking to workout tapes and don't have a good space to do them in, so I think I'll have to be hitting the stairmaster / treadmill.

Happy Holidays to everyone! Let's get back op!
Old 12-02-2002, 01:37 PM   #86

xYTx- How about doing a video tape for your workout? It is definitely a timesaver and you can do it at your convinence!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.