3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss # 58

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 10:07 AM   #46

Good Morning,

Hmm, I messed up bit time! I didn't recover from Fri's let down on the scale and so the eating began! I left no food unturned! I feel awful but satisfied, hey does that count?lol Anyhoo, I can laugh about it, cause if I don't laugh i'll cry instead! I'm just not feeling LAWL these days. If I didn't have weeks left i'd quit and go back to WW, but I know when i'm on WW the wide food variety does nothing for me but mantain my weight instead of loosing.

Lunas are my fav too. I have 5boxes of lites left and when they run out, i'm buying Lunas instead.

xYTx- I feel ya hon! Hope you enjoyed the chinese at least.

Tab- what's the name and the nutritional value of the Biscotti's you found at Costco?

Erin- Take care of yourself, feel better!

Kathy
184/who the heck knows!/130
Old 11-25-2002, 10:30 AM   #47

Kitkat3NY....Cheer up...you will recover...Don't quit....We are hear to listen and help all that we can. I don't remember exactly the amount but it is very close to the LA biscotti. I have the numbers at home will try and bring to work with me tomorrow. I am having problems because I thought that the weight would just drop off...but the scale is only moving ounces and I am thinking why did I pay all this money. But I am giving it my 15 weeks and we will see what happens...it is just 15 weeks of my life...I can do it....and so can you...

xYTx.. I will look into the Luna bars...I was looking at the Pure Protein bars...I just can't afford $14 a box for the lites. Plus, I only eat one a day. 2 is way to much for me. And of course they are telling me that I am not losing more weight because I only eat one LA Lite a day. You would think I would lose more...that is 180 calories less that I am not consuming. But anyway...I am going to check out the luna bars and any other kind I can find.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:48 AM   #48

Tab- Thanks for looking up the info for me. My fav Luna flavors are nutz over chocolate, S'mores heres a link, I think they have new flavors out:

http://www.lunabar.com/flavorsfacts/flavorsfacts.html
Old 11-25-2002, 10:56 AM   #49

I tried Pure Protein bars, and I found them to be kinda yucky. The Lites are SO overpriced it's not even funny... you can buy them cheap (er) on eBay if you want to look into that, too. I have ~ 15 boxes left to go, and I don't plan on buying more after that unless I really have to.

I live for my bars. It's the only chocolate I'm allowed, and I'm a choc-o-holic. There is some truth to what they say about the lites in that if you do not consume enough total calories, your metabolism can slow down... but I don't think it has to do with the lites themselves. They are, after all, just candy bars.

At least, I hope they are. The people at my center say weird things about them, like how they're "responsible" for lowering my blood pressure (not the exercise... or the lowered body mass the blood has to pump through... LoL), and that they "break up fat and reduce appetite" like the supplements.

I'm compiling a list of questions about the diet and I will email / snail mail / call corporate sometime soon (after exams). There are just too many unanswered questions here. I will be sure to post whatever I find out to the forum
Old 11-25-2002, 12:56 PM   #50
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Hi guys. Checking back in. Good news with my mom, right now we're hoping they can control everything with medicine and exercise. I'm just glad to back in my own home in my own city. Had a horrible eating week last week with all that was going on, but suprisingly i was only up half a pound at my weigh in this morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that i won't have any more weight gain from my excesses. I can deal with half a pound in no time. not sure what the plan is for thanksgiving. i may be headed back to my folks house, or we may skip thanksgiving and have a real celebration at christmas. thanks for everyone's support, it really helped. now ladies, we can do this we can make it through the holiday.

oh, and great work with the weight losses so far. very inspiring. WE CAN DO THIS!

Ultimate Goal 160

Minigoal - under 200 by New Years
Old 11-25-2002, 02:04 PM   #51

Default good morning!

WEll, I had a terrible time on Friday and Sat, I think I was just too anxious after my baby's surgery (she did fine). I did better yesterday, but still had a few bites of contraband 'not on the diet' food...

I am just hungrier for some reason these past few days! Stress I know!

Good luck to everyone, and I think that 8 ounces is good! I am holding at 8.2 in 3 weeks.

joined 11/2/02 203.5
current 192.5
Christmas goal 185
Mother's Day Goal 140
Old 11-25-2002, 04:52 PM   #52

Well tongiht I weigh in....will post results tomorrow.

KitKat3NY - Thanks for the information....

xYTx - I know...I didn't buy the boxes in bulk...just way to much money for me....I just got married....we are still trying to pay off the wedding. Let me know when you are send the list of question because I would love to find out some of the answers. Maybe we could all give you a question or two. We have people from all over US with different centers telling them different things. Would love to see what they say.

pencalri - glad to her that your baby is doing good. With you stress level slowly coming down it might be easier to stay on track. 8oz is not bad but I want more.....*smile* I just want results to fast or I get depressed...and I want to quit.

Gringagordita - Glad to hear about you mom. Yes...we can make it through the holidays...I am ready...well at least I think I am. Until Thanksgiving comes and I give into all the temptations. I plan to have small bites of everything. Not going to go overboard but I am going to enjoy myself. And congrats on the total of 25lbs that is awsome in just over 2 months....WTG

Everyone have a great night and I will check in with you tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2002, 05:09 PM   #53
THIS DAY IS MINE!

hey pennie, i'm glad to hear that your daughter is doing fine...and you're doing great. 8 pounds in three weeks is a lot. i know it seems like this diet moves really slow, sometimes i feel that way too. but i just have to consider where i'd be if i hadn't been following this program. i mean, i'm at my lowest weight in about 2 years right now. i guess it's true about slow and steady wins the race

Ultimate Goal 160

Old 11-26-2002, 08:08 AM   #54

Hello Everyone, There are tons of new people (workers ) at my center and I don' t like it. They are all new so they are pushing all the supplements, and I had one girl tell me yesterday that we are supposed to do the take off every two weeks. I'm not doing it. I can't afford it and don't find it all that healthy or effective. I'm happy with how I'm doing. They get so pushy. How do I keep from giving in? I need your inspiration on what to say. I can be a push over. Please help.

Start Weight 191
Start Date 9-4-02
Current Weight 160
Mini Goal 154 by 2/7/79 my 24th birthday
Goal Weight 130
Old 11-26-2002, 08:34 AM   #55

Good Morning Everyone!!

Well I have good news...I lost 1lb yesterday at weigh in. I am down a total of 9lbs and I feel wonderful. Now if I can just keep it off with Turkey day right around the corner. At my center they are doing a little thing that if you weigh in on Tues or Wed and then weight again on Fri and Sat and you lose 6oz they will give you a $10 gift certificate toward a purchase. I guess it is motivation so you don't go crazy on Turkey day. I weigh in on Wed and then I weigh again on Saturday I should be able to lose the 6oz. Them giving me money for a change would be nice.

GringaGordita: Yes slow and steady will win this race. I just have to remember that. It is sooo easy to put on the weight and it takes longer to get it off. I feel that this is a good program and it might seem slow at times but I am seeing results and that is all that matters.

er130: You should not feel pressured into buying anything from them. I told my center that I don't want to take their supplements because I don't want to depend on them to lose the weight. I feel I need to learn how to eat the right foods and portion sizes to lose the weight. I dont want to have to take a pill 3 times a day to lose weight. I am sure that it works but I want to "try" to do this all natural. Maybe if I hit a slow time and the weight is not coming off maybe I will to give my body a boost. That is just like the LA Lites I only eat one a day and they keep telling me that I need to eat two a day to reach my goal weight. I don't like having to depend on certain things to lose weight. Losing weight is a life change. And by me eating their food and taking their supplements I am not chaning my life I am altering it to fit their needs. So if you are happy with the way things are going tell them that and they should understand. They are supposed to be there for us not to push their products.

Hope everyone has a great day....keep up the good work!!
Old 11-26-2002, 11:46 AM   #56

Default You are right Tab!

I agree with you 100%. I don't want to do this on a "fad" diet, I have too much to lose, 60 lbs, to depend on lites, pills, or get all hung up on sodium..... I need to do it with diet and excercise and make a lifestyle change.

They don't mess with me too much about the supplements, or Take Off (they've not even talked to me about that) because I am nursing. Everytime they start to talk about "fat blockers" crap I remind them and they say, "oh, but you can't do that".

Erin, I would just get my courage up, and when they start pushing you say, "I can't afford it, I am not going to do it, and I don't even want to talk about it again" and maybe they will leave you alone. But I am getting testy in my old age!

I am afraid I am up today but I need to go weigh in later. I lost it yesterday and ate popcorn with my son. I've got to get tough again and get back on track well.

Good luck to all, I appreciate all of your support. Gringa I am so glad your mom is better.

joined 11/2/02 203.5
current 192.5
Christmas goal 185
Mother's Day Goal 140
Old 11-26-2002, 12:02 PM   #57

Good morning ladies!

It is so good to hear that all your families are okay or getting better. The stress that causes is so bad and really makes your resolve shaky for a while. It sounds like you all did the best you could and are back on the path.

I fully agree that the LAWL plan is a good one and we have to make it work for us long term, not just to fit into what the centers think we should be doing. Basic good food choices and exercise is what is going to make us successful. And in the long haul, some days and times are better than others. The committment to pick ourselves up and keep trying is most important.

Hope everyone (me too) can keep from totally pigging out this week. The holiday season is a long one and I don't want to be wringing my hands at the end!
Hannah
Old 11-26-2002, 02:09 PM   #58
THIS DAY IS MINE!

hey guys. after reading erin's post, i feel so lucky about my center. they don't do the hard sell tactics at all. i have tried a couple of their supplements, but mainly i stick to my drugstore brand stuff. other than the whole crap about trying to charge me for the weekends off program, i've had no problem with them. that's a big problem with LAWL, the inconsistency with the centers.
Oh, i weighed in today, and i'm down .25 pounds. just .25 pounds more and i'll be back to my weight pre-fiasco. there's no way i'll make my thanksgiving goal by thursday, but i'm going to see how close i can get

Ultimate Goal 160

Old 11-26-2002, 02:48 PM   #59

Gringa congrats!

Kathy
Old 11-26-2002, 04:16 PM   #60

I was so bummed, with the change of server, I couldn't log on to the board for a few days! I was going through withdrawal!

Good news, I did the takeoff for 1 1/2 days (I'll explain later) and lost 4.5 lbs. Amazing. I was probably at an inflated weight after my krispy kreme donut binge and I am sure it was mostly water, but it has stayed off, so I'm thrilled.

The thing is, when I was doing the Take Off, drinking my juice and eating my steak sauteed in butter, I wasn't hungry, but I was SO DIZZY, and after a day and a half, I honestly felt like I was going to pass out.

I told my center and they told me that I must be hypoglycemic and next time, they can make modifications to the Take Off plan so that I can do it and not pass out. Interesting.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

cheer

169.5/152/140
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.