3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA Weightloss # 58

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 01:34 PM   #31

Good day to you guys...

Gringa, so sorry you are going through this with your mom... I'll be thinking of you on Friday. My baby girl is having some surgery in the morning, just to remove a place on her bottom, but I am still anxious as it is general anesthesia and she is just 11 months old.

I hope I get through it with my diet intact!

My center is busy. My girlfriend joined a last week, and she is soooo mad about the money and the fact that they don't give you any info until they get your money. She is in law school (she also has her master's in nutrition) and she just thinks the whole thing is a scam. The diet works, but the $$ is such a scam. She went off for an hour on the phone this morning. I feel bad, like it is my fault she joined, but she did it without asking me! They do play on desparate fat people.

Sorry about the fight, Joules.

Have a good OP day everyone.

joined 11/2/02 203.5
current 192.5
Christmas goal 185
Mother's Day Goal 140
Old 11-21-2002, 04:04 PM   #32

Hi All:
Kathy I am doing O.K. this week not perfect but O.K. I am still not sure if I will go back to the center though I feel like I am wasting my time.
Penny what if you told your center you already have the weekends off info, will they say anything if you do it. I mean come on all they give you is a menu card. at least that is what I got not worth $49.00. I hope all is well with your daughter.
Diane
Old 11-21-2002, 09:14 PM   #33

Hello everyone, Gringa, it sounds like you are going through some tough stuff. I hope that you don't mind me praying for you, your mom and the rest of your family. When we put things in God's hands it lifts a burden from us.

I am doing well on plan. I was down another pound today. That makes 27 total! Yippee. I am having the most successful time of my 11 weeks currently. That makes me pumped up and less likely to overeat on Thanksgiving. It just isn't worth messing it all up!

Keep up the good work.

Start Weight 191
Start Date 9-4-02
Current Weight 160
Mini Goal 154 by 2/7/79 my 24th birthday
Goal Weight 130
Old 11-22-2002, 09:54 AM   #34

Hey all,

Well, I went to weigh in this morning and i'm up 2#. I am so mad! Why oh why and i've been doing so well! It's so discouraging but i will keep on going. I fought the urge to buy a donut this morning out of anger. I think I can make the rest of the day!

Diane- Nice to hear from ya girl!

Erin- Congrats, congrats, congrats! WTG!

Kathy
184/162.6/130
Old 11-22-2002, 10:21 AM   #35

Hi guys-

I have had a HORRIBLE week. It didn't help that someone at work brought in six dozen krispy kreme donuts. Yes,SIX DOZEN. I gotta get back on track, so I was going to visit the center today,not weigh in, and ask to start the Two Day Takeoff.

The damage per my home scale is a 3 lb gain, so I was hoping that the take off would take care of that.

Does anyone have any experience with the 2 day Take Off? Does it work?

I'm not looking forward to it, that juice made me a little queasy, but then again, so did eating all those donuts!

Old 11-22-2002, 12:04 PM   #36

Wink

Hi Everyone,
Wow, alot going on. I have been out of town for work. I tried to be good but still ended up with a one pound gain. I even went to the Hotel gym and walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill. This is my second day back on program and have continued going to the gym here at home so hopefully I'll get at least a one pound loss when I weigh in tomorrow. I'm really worried about next week. I have 12 people coming to my house for Thanksgiving, which means lots of leftovers. I could send them home with everyone else but my husband and son wouldn't be to happy about that so I guess I just have to be strong. Good Luck Everybody.
Old 11-22-2002, 02:56 PM   #37

Cheer, the 2day take off is hard for me to do, but it works! I whind up loosing 3-4# in those 2days and keeping it off! I don't buy the centers drink, it's much easier to buy the Hollywood diet drink and apply the same regulations. Good luck, lets us know how it goes. Hope those donuts were nice and fresh!lol I'm been craving them lately too.

Denise- Nice to have ya back! Good luck w/ the after TG's left overs.

Kathy
184/162.6/130
Old 11-22-2002, 03:32 PM   #38

I went to my center today and after my post-donut binge, I actually stayed the same, through some miracle.

But, I decided to do the Take Off anyway. The girl at the center told me that it wouldn't be enough food for me if I was going to go to the gym. So, she put me back on the Take Off plan, the three day one with unlimited proteins, no starches, no dairy and only raw green veggies.

I hope it works, I'm looking for a big drop!!! (at least 2 lbs!)

Have an OP weekend everyone!!

~cheer
Old 11-22-2002, 04:49 PM   #39

Congratulations to all for their losses! I agree that it is getting harder with all the parties starting up. I am having a holiday open house on Saturday so have been baking all week. I have ate some of it, but have to make myself stop. Otherwise it will be like a snowball down a hill all the way to Christmas. That would be an ugly sight!

It is so hard to come off, but so easy to put back on. It will really help me mentally as well as physically to keep up with my workouts.

My thoughts are with you all that have family with health challenges now.

Hannah
Old 11-22-2002, 04:58 PM   #40

Hi guys, at least it is almost the weekend!

Well, I have had a terrible diet day. My baby had her surgery this a.m., she did fine and is sleeping, but I was so stressed that I didn't do well on my diet at all. We had to be there at 6 a.m., and they had donuts for the parents who were waiting, so I ate 1 and a bite of another while I was pacing. Then, I felt a bit sick by lunch (just nerves I think) so I ate way too much for lunch with way too much bread!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I am doing the best I can today!

I am going to go weigh in tomorrow, so I will have to get back on track.

Congrats to all of you that are doing great!

joined 11/2/02 203.5
current 192.5
Christmas goal 185
Mother's Day Goal 140
Old 11-24-2002, 10:01 AM   #41

Hi Everyone,

Well I went to weigh in yesterday and ended up losing 1 lb. That's 8 lbs for my first 3 weeks. I wish it were more but with the travel that I had this week I can't complain.

I also was at Sam's Club again and checked out the Biscotti. The brand name is Nonni's. Look at the version in the bags and not the decorative jar, their a little more calories. Another little gem I noticed was that they sold the "Orange Drink" (not sure what it is called) that LA has you drink for those first 3 days. So those of you that want to do the express again check out Sam's club, you have to buy 2 or 3 bottles but it's probably alot cheaper than getting it at the clinic.

By the way I asked my clinic yesterday about the "Weekends Off Plan" and she said that I didn't pay anything extra that it went with the program and I know I didn't pay for it or any labwork up front because I made them break it out for me. I paid $3.50/week for the program, got it half price because I was a rejoin and I paid $8 and some cents for the bars. They were running a 30% off special or something so some of you are getting ripped off for paying for labwork and the weekends off program. If I were you I would call the corporate office.

Sorry, got kinda long winded. Everybody have a great week.
Old 11-24-2002, 07:05 PM   #42

Ugh. Bad off-plan weekend. It all started when I was at work yesterday. I brought my own salad, but two hours until my shift was up, I was asked to pull a double. I said "yes," because I have no spine And thus the snacking began. It ended tonight with Chinese food that my BF brought home. I was doing so well until this week! Weigh-in for me isn't until Thursday, so I have a little time to try to get back on track. Tomorrow has to be the beginning of it for me!

In other news, my scale ran out of batteries this morning, so I didn't see the damage yet. Ack!
Old 11-24-2002, 09:20 PM   #43

I'm right there with you xYTx. I was out of town and ate off plan (but in moderation) until today. I kinda pigged out, if you want to call it that. I ate nothing I'm not allowed, but more than what I should have and I haven't gotten my water in yesterday or today and on top of all of that I am now sick with the flu (aching, runny nose kind). I will weigh in tomorrow and get back on track, but ugh...I dread it. Let's all stay on plan Mon. - Wed. be reasonable on Thursday and then back on Friday. We CAN do this ladies. It is just going to take some self control and reasoning that it isn't worth it to pig out one or two days and spend one or two weeks making up for it.

Start Weight 191
Start Date 9-4-02
Current Weight 160
Mini Goal 154 by 2/7/79 my 24th birthday
Goal Weight 130
Old 11-25-2002, 07:51 AM   #44

Hello Ladies...

Happy Monday to everyone.....

Kitkat3NY....Sorry to hear about the 2lb gain but I am sure you will recover just fine. Keep up the good work. I haven't been craving anything but a peanut butter and Jelly sandwick. I know that sounds crazy but that is what I want. Last night my husband...still kinda weird calling him that since we have only been married for a month..*smile* well he wanted pb&j for dinner so I couldn't help myself I ate some peanut butter and then i licked the knife that had the jelly. It was sooooo good. I almost gave in and ate a sandwich but...I held out. Don't know how. I fixed my self a boca burger....definately not the same.

Hi Denise....I have been on LAWL lost for three weeks also and so far I am down 8 lbs. It has been coming off very slow (I think) When I weigh in I am only losing ounces. I want to see the pounds coming off. I weighed in on Saturday and I had lost another 8 ounces.....that seems to be the magic number for me. I weigh in again tonight soooo we will see what happens. My friend and I went to Costco and looked at the biscotti...we are thinking of buying them and splitting them...much cheaper than LA. Same with the cereal bars. And I am still looking for a power/protien bar that is similar to the LA Lites...have found a few. I think I might buy them and try them and if I should gain I know that I can't have them. Well I know how you feel about Thanksgiving...I am having 20 people over. But I have went out and bought the cute little tupperware containers and I plan to pack most of the food up and send it home with the relatives. I will keep some for us....but most of it is out the door. My aunt is bringing a pecan chocolate chip pie...you know I am going to have to have a small piece. But I am going to try....to stay on plan. Our gym is having a specail Turkey Day work out....so I am hitting the gym first thing in the morning and then I will come home and prepare for my first Thanksgiving meal at my home. Kinda nervous about that too.

Pencalri....Hope all is well with your daughter.

Cheer....Good going...able to eat donuts and still stay the same weight...*smile*

ER130....Congrats on the 27lbs.....cant wait till I am able to say that.

Sorry to keep rattling on but I don't check the site on weekends so I try to catch up first thing monday morning.

Hope everyone has a great day....and a good weigh in.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:53 AM   #45

Tab - I looked into protein bars to substitute for the Lites, and the best I found (and best tasting) were Luna bars. They're much more toothsome than the lites, plus they pack a lot of nutrients. The Lites are pretty poor in that department. I've tried most of the varieties, and they're pretty good. I used them while I went on hold during the summer (I moved to an area where there were no centers!) and I lost 10 lbs, so regardless of what the center tells you, you CAN lose weight on other bars.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.