Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 04:07 PM   #16  

Hello all!

Well, I went to weigh in this a.m. and was down another 1.5, so I have lost 8.2 lbs in 2.5 weeks. Not too shabby! I know that won't keep up!

And my center does charge $49 for the Weekends Off Plan. I told them that I thought they have alot of nerve! I think they must hate me! But I don't care, I do think they have alot of nerve, and they have alot of my $$ too, so they can just put up with my opinions. LOL.

I think I am just going to chow down on Thanksgiving too, and call it a day. I have too much weight to lose to completely deprive myself....... Thinking of 6 months of deprivation will make me quit before too long, so I think small treats will keep me going.

Have a good day everybody!
Old 11-20-2002, 05:04 PM   #17  

I hear ya Penny regarding thanksgiving dinner. Congrats on the weightloss! 8# in 2.5wks is awesome!

Kathy
Old 11-20-2002, 08:27 PM   #18  

Kathy,
I'm with you. Some things just don't have substitutions,like turkey,stuffing,mashed potaoes,green bean casserole,etc. The day after Thanksgiving is another day.
Kathie
Old 11-20-2002, 08:52 PM   #19  

Kathie: I was told at my center that ostrich and venison are unlimited. The must be since they are so lean.

It is that time of the month, so this week has been pretty miserable. Before LA it was a standard 5 pound gain at this time, but since on the program it is 2.2 gain. I am also going to enjoy Thanksgiving.

Good luck to all.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:14 PM   #20  

Hay pan, They want to charge you an extra $49 for the weekends off plan?? That's not right. You are right, they do already have enough of our money. Got the program is so expensive. But it does work so that's all that matters but I hate spending all that money on it.

Karen
Old 11-20-2002, 10:16 PM   #21  

Hi all,

Congrats to everyone for their weight loss!!

Tab...you are doing wonderful!! I am coming up to my 2 weeks on Friday and all I have lost is 2 pounds!!! I need to step up the exercise!!

Pen...WTG

I am moving so slow that I don't think I will endulge on Thanksgiving...actually the only things I will miss are all the desserts anyway. I am not a big Turkey and stuffing person. Now give me a big plate of pasta and I am in heaven.

Kathie I hope the dog does well. I am going to ask about that weekend off plan and if there's any cost...

By the way, when I went in yesterday there was an area Manager in the center, so I took the opportunity to ask her if the centers throughout the states all have the sames costs, rules and regulations and she said, "Absolutely" I told her that I've talked to people around the country and some of them have said that they did not have to do the medical portion of the plan, she said they have the option to refuse the bloodwork but they still have to pay the fee of $79.00 because it includes many things, like taking our history (I could be wrong, but I thought I was the one that filled out the questionaire) and taking our blood pressure, answering our questions and giving us a free box of bars. So here's my question...what does the fee for the plan cover???

To all of the rest of you die hard LA friends....Have a great night and a wonderful Thursday.

Meg
Old 11-20-2002, 10:18 PM   #22  

Ugh. My OP streak hath ended. I got into the cookies and chips today, and I'm bloated and sick. Yuck. Tomorrow is another day. I also think that I will eat normally at Thanksgiving, but I don't tend to overdo it on that day for some reason. It's not meals that make me go OP, it's SNACKING. I am satisfied with normal portions and healthy meals, but I have such a sweet tooth.

So, I'll just make it my goal to stay out of the desserts as much as possible. I feel awful and gross and depressed today. I was doing so well Luckily, I can't go to weigh-in until next Thursday because of my schedule, so I have a week to redeem myself. Bleh.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:45 PM   #23  

HI everyone. I'm not being very consistent and I apologize. Not that any of you count on me I'm sure. Anyway...I'm doing well on plan. I did have a small sliver of pumpkin pie this evening at my women's bible study, but I counted it as one of my 2 starches for the day. It tasted yummy and when I say small I mean 1/16 of the pie. I was proud of myself for moderating and surprisinly satisfied with that amount. Yeah!!! I weigh in tomorrow and I hope my streak continues.

Keep up the good work everyone.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:33 AM   #24  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Hey guys, checkin in in the midst of a **** week. rather than explain it all, i cut and pasted my journal entry below. i've been of program for about two days on an eating rampage, but i'm getting back on track today come **** or high water.
JAG, thanks for faxing me the weekends off plan, hopefully I'll be able to try it in a couple of weeks. I won't be weighing in until Monday, so i had to call my center and tell them to put my plan on hold until then. Hopefully i can recover from some of the damage I've inflicted on myself by Monday.
Well, I've got to read all the past threads and get caught up with everyone, while i have a quiet moment. just wanted to do this post and let everyone know what's going on...I've missed you guys.

here's my journal:

]It's been a while since my last entry. My life has pretty much gone KABLOOWIE. After spending most of last week driving pack and forth to Memphis, I finally set off for my home on Tuesday. Made it to Nashville and got into work around 12:30. Knew my mom was going to the doctor on Tuesday morning to get a full check up after the ER incident that happened when we were in Indiana a couple of weekends ago. We had agreed to talk after work, but I had the strangest feeling that I should call. Called her around 1:30. Was stunned to find out that, contrary to what the ER doc told us, my mom had been in the midst of a heart attack on our trip. Family doctor scheduled her for a heart catharization on Wednesday morning with the understanding that if there were significant blockages, they would be fixed on Wed. I lost it. Can't bear the thought of my mom being sick in the hospital. Until the last six months, she's been healthy as a horse. Then, all in the six months, has been diagnosed with Type II diabetes, has had massive kidney infections, and now heart problems.

Needless to say, I left work, through my still packed bags back in the car along with my dogs and drove back to my parents house in west Tennessee. Cried and ate the whole way. Felt like I had to stuff food down to soothe my nerves. Taco Bell and raspberry zingers seemed to work. Had it mostly pulled together by the time I made it to my parents house.

Went for the test yesterday morning. My dad, my two sisters and I paced around the waiting room. I think my mom didn't even get the chance to be upset because she was having to comfort us. More eating occurred during the waiting. My sisters are the same as I am, stress eaters. Once the test was over, we got to talk to the doctors while my mom was sleeping off the anestesia. Thank god my sane sister is a paramedic and could cut to the chase about what was going on. And thank god that my insane sister who had already been through a heart attack and the tests that followed was there to reassure us that my mom wasn't in any pain. According to her doctor, my mom had several 50 percent blockages that could probably be treated with medicine. However, there was one blockage that looked like it might be significantly worse. In order to tell for sure, we have to return to the hospital on Friday so my mom can have what's called a chemical stress test. If that test shows that the blockage is really bad, they will operate.

It was about 2 by the time my mom was released. We headed back home, but only after stopping at a drive through for fast food. This time it was my mom's request, she feeds her problems too. Actually, that was the first time I'd seen her eat unhealthily since she was diagnosed with diabetes. She's lost almost 30 pounds since her diagnosis through healthy eating.

Made it home in the afternoon and spent the rest of the day trying to keep my mom comfortable and fielding phone calls. My mom is loved by a lot of people, not just family...and everyone was worried. I think my dad will absolutely lay down and die if anything happens to my mom.

After got mom settled for the night, ate a lot more crap and went to bed. Woke up feeling worried about my mom and ashamed about my eating. Will get back on track today, otherwise all my hard work will go by the wayside. Worried about work, they are very understanding, but some of my cases won't wait. Can't think of that now.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:27 AM   #25  

Good Morning all,

I had another successful day OP. I'm so happy! Today i'm so hungry though, but I promised myself to just sip some coffee if things get to hard.

xYTx- I tend to not go overboard on TG as well. I am a snacker and have a bad sweet tooth, but for meal esp, in the company of others I don't over eat.

Congrats to all who have lost this week.

I don't weigh in until tomorrow. Last Fri one of the people at the center promised to buy me a exercise video that i've been eyeing if I gave her 2# by tomorrow. So I had a week to loose 2#, but I did loose 4# over this past weekend, so when I weigh in tomorrow, hopefully i've maintianed it.

Diane- How are you doing? What have you been up to?

Kathy
Old 11-21-2002, 10:11 AM   #26  

Good Morning All....

Well I weighed in last night and I lost 8oz. Kinda depressing but I guess I am still losing. My total weight loss for 2 weeks has been 7lbs. And with the 7lbs I find that my clothes are fitting better. I don't weigh in again until Saturday morning which I hope to lose at least 1lb.

I am going to try and not to overeat on Thanksgiving. But I will have a taste of everything. Our gym is open Thanksgiving morning so I plan to workout and then my family loves to walk around the neighborhood after dinner.

GringaGordita...You and your family are in our prayers. Hope all goes well with your mom.

Meg...It is just soooo hard...maybe it will get easier. I am alot like you I would rather have the pasta...now if someone was cooking lasagna for dinner I would have to endulge. But turkey...not one of my favorites...I had to pay the $79 no matter what. It has only been two weeks and there has been no mention of when they are going to take my blood.

xYTx..I am a snacker also...I have honestly been good. But it has been soooo hard. I really think it is going to get harder...with the holiday season....it seems that all occasions are based around food. I will just try and choice wisely what I want to splurge and eat.

kitkat3ny...I hope you get your video. Lets us know what happens. Would love for them to have to give you the video...it always make you feel better when you get something for free. And you are the one that benefits from it.

Has anyone notice that their centers are not busy? When I signed in last night I noticed that noone had been there in 30 minutes. She told me that right now is the centers slow time. But after the holidays it will pick up.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:14 AM   #27  

Gringa- Hang in there. You won't be any help to your family if you lose it. Thank God so far the blckages aren't serious. If on Fri they do find one, just focus on the fact that the MD knows what he is doing and they have come such a long way in treating the heart. My Mom died of her 1st heart attack at 64 and my Dad had a triple bypass the following year. 2 yrs. later our 86 yr. old uncle had EMERGENCY surgery with 7, yes 7 bypasses. They didn't even have time to run all the tests. So as you can see, I've been there and can say the surgerys are not to worry about. We just hope and pray that your Mom was luckier than mine and she gets another chance to help herself. HANG IN THERE !!!
Kathie
Old 11-21-2002, 10:42 AM   #28  

Thanks Tab, I love getting things for free! lol I might tell her to not get me the tape and give me some breakfast bars instead. I have about 100tapes so i'm good for now.

I noticed that my center is kinda empty as well. Oh well, they have enough of our money to keep them going for a while. lol

Kathy
Old 11-21-2002, 11:14 AM   #29  

My center is so empty, they changed their hours to afternoons half the week, mornings the other half, and closed on Sat/Sun

OP so far today, but I SLEPT THROUGH CLASS. Had an awful fight with my BF last night which resulted in me sleeping on the couch, so now I have a kink in my neck. This week sucks.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:44 AM   #30  

xYTx- sorry for the argument w/ your BF, what ever happened i'm sure he was wrong! lol

Kathy
Closed Thread