January 2011 Chatter_LAWL

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Hello~!

Its been a few days, kinda fell off hte wagon a bit this weekend, but i lost 5 lbs last week. I might have celebrated too much! oops! Thats ok tho, dinner tonight is a sweet potato recipe from the Cook Yourself Thin show. Anyone watch that?

Nicole- kudos to you for stopping at an 1/8th of a cinnamon bun! I would have gobbled down 3 before stopping for air! You have great self control! I keep seeing hte weight watchers commercials with Jennifer Hudson and am curious. Are you a member online or do you go to meetings?

juliemarie- glad to hear you're doing good. It will be exciting to see some of the weight come off!

linn- Hi! I'm new too! Do you have a center near you? I got the info from a friend. I wish I could go to one. I was thinking of weight watchers for the accountability.

Kimphin- that's cool that your trying different vegetables!

Amy- that's cool that your company gave you an elliptical. I'd be so excited and anxious to finaly get it.

It's cold here in OH! The good thing is work is slow because people dont like coming out in this.
  • good morning all. i'm FINALLY down another pound this morning. i like that i lose slow because i keep it off, but dang..it sure is slow. that's why i'm pretty confident i'm not setting a weight # because there's just no telling where i'm going to end up.

hope everyone is having a good start to their week!
  • Sassy: thanks for chiming in. What do you do in OH that the weather is keeping the peeps out? I'm like you on the gobbling down the goodies. I can wipe out a half dozen donuts before coming up for air. So I have to avoid them.

I'm doing o.k. on the diet front. At least I am eating somewhere in the neighborhood of where I need to be. I need to try some new thing though. My veggie snacking is getting to repetative.
  • Hi all
    Well have been to slack so back at it, I gave myself a goal of 10 by April 2 .I know that I should reach it sooner, but I like giving extra time so I feel good about hitting goal sooner, or just happy about getting it done by the 2nd.
    I am checking out cooking yourself thin never heard of it before and it looks like it has a ton of recipes that would work for LA.

I need to find some casserole recipes so that I can make for my family instead of all separate dishes so i can calculate, if anyone has a fav recipe please share.

it is alot easier I find since I can go on here and get my questions answered or see that I am not alone with following LA that others run into same problems.
  • Nicole, I worked out like a fiend and decided to splurge with a meal at jack in the box... without checking the WW points before I went. An egg and steak burrito was 22 WW points and the hashbrowns were another 8! Yikes! and I can't claim to only have ate 1/8 of it. I did calculate that I had burned off over 1700 calories in the gym before I got overly hungry and went straight for the drive through. Still, no wonder the scale is not moving much for me lately.

Katie, I have a goal of 14 pounds by April, but I'd settle for 10. Heck, honestly I'd be pretty pleased if I could just lose 7 pounds by then and the 14before memorial day. I don't know if that is lazy or just realistic. I suppose I could starve myself and see the scale move faster, but then I'd likely not be able to keep it up for long and quit, so I'm going for the slow and steady and for the rest of my life plan.
  • Well, I'm back on track after being away for awhile and thought I'd stop in and say "hey" to the chatters *waves at Nicole*

Hope everyone had a good day!
  • Yeah for Jillian - down another......
    Sarah - never heard of that show, but it sounds neat "Cook Yourself Thin show"

Good day today; even opted for a chicken breast at Outback while DH devoured huge steak, baked potatoe, etc. Baby steps!
  • Introducing myself...hello. I'm back from a yr long stint with a chiropractor and not losing ANY weight despite the many restricitions I was put on. Sigh. So discouraging. So I'm returning to what I KNOW works..if I can just stick with it.

The scale hasn't moved. I started TO 2 weeks ago,, was strict about it. Felt better, muffin top less bloated. Junk cravings got to me. Oreos. Love 'em.
    Can't keep em in the house. I caved and bought some for my kids. I ate the whole row over a course of 24 hrs. I'm soo embarassed.

I am on purple without lites. I am motivated to get this spare tire gone. I have a wedding, in which I am a bridesmaid in June, and the dress is hanging in my closet. Anxious bride wanted them purchased before CHRISTMAS!!! Anyway, I got the size that currently fits but would look ah-mazing with a better defined waistline.

I will try to read up on everyone but I am not sure how often I will be posting. I have 4 kids, 2 in school, (3pm is bedlam here) and 2 at home. Trying to enjoy my last boy at home this school year. Kindergarten in the fall all day. Whoo hoo! My baby girl, 2, and me all day. Hooray for shopping, lunch and tea parties. Also considering another pg so need to lose this weight so I can be healthy!
  • hey all! just wanted to stop by really quick, in between all of the chaos and post a link to a blog that i was featured on for my weight loss efforts!

http://awtr.blogspot.com/
  • Amy, I got a watch for a 15 year anniversary gift just a week or two ago, although I hit 15 years back in March. I guess watches are easier to ship, since I got mine really soon after I ordered it.

Jillian, It is really great that you have a forum to celebrate your great success. It was like you were carrying a larger woman on your back every day being 168 pounds heavier.

almsthere, What's your name? Or a name you wish to be called if you are shy about giving out too much info online.

Joni, There are lots of worse things to eat at the Outback, so chicken breast is an excellent choice. How are your dogs? I've been getting obsessed with getting another dog, although my DH forced me to promise that we would go "a long time" before we got another one. Its been years. That's a long time isn't it? Plus is it really a promise if you badger someone to agree? I was very tired of dealing with a sick dog by the time my dear dog passed, as he was awfully sick for a long time and I didn't really realize how much of my time was spent nursing him until he was gone. Plus I did go and get a second cat, and now the cats rule at our house. I do really like the cats, but they are not a dog... Now just to decide what breed of dog to get.

Sarah, I do think if you are going to be successful at weight loss, most people have to take up cooking and watching what they add to their recipes. Restaurants are mostly hazardous to your health. So I guess we all have to cook ourselves thin to some extent.

Hey Sige, I remember your face. Its been awhile.

JM, Are you doing OK? Did you take a picture yet. Its been a week already.
  • Hi Barbara - my dogs are great, although I have to say our 3 year old boxer, Beau, is having a cardio (ultrasound) on Thursday. He's my baby and I'm nervous to hear the results...Boxers are just known for having so many health issues...I wish we could be the exception. I will always have dogs as long as I can afford them and can take care of them. I like cats too, but my dogs mean the world to me....unconditional love, don't talk back, personalities, etc. But, I'm happy that DH feels the same was as I do about them...

Gotta go read Jillian's blog!

I went to the gym tonight for the first time in a long time. I've been doing cardio at home, but this was weights and squats and lunges and my body is screaming!! Early to bed tonight after popping a couple advil!
  • Barbara-I left my camera in my trunk and my car is at my brother's house-he's fixing my brakes and since i couldn't drive-it was a good time to do it. So-I'll have a 2 week post-op pic but most likely I won't have lost much weight (even though I'm only taking in 400-500 calories/day). The body has to heal before the weight will start coming off-it's sorta in a state of shock at the moment! The weight really starts coming off (I'm generalizing of course . . .) at 3 months out. Basically at the time you can start to eat normally (as in no more soft/pureed foods). By that time you're getting in an appropriate amount of calories and grams of protein to really start losing.

I'm doing better every day and expect to be given clearance to go back to work after my 2 wk appt. Eating is still more of a chore and not particularly enjoyable. Other people's food smells wonderful and I feel the urge to chew something now and then-but it's not driving me crazy. I'm already ready for the liquid stage to be over though!

For crying out loud-Josie turned off all the lights in the house and I'm being blinded by the monitor. I need to go and figure out what's going on!
  • Morning Ladies. Nice to read all the updates and chatter.

Well the big Eliptical finally came yesterday and I am proud to say that I spent 1 hour and 34 minutes on it. Whoo Hooo. Course the Hour and 30 minutes was assembly, but I have to take baby steps right? Didn't realize it was going to be so hard. But now I have no excuses for not exercising. Am ging to work towards 10 min sessions.

Congrats on your recognition Jillian. I will have to try to view pics when I get home as they are blocked at work.

No goals for me just yet. I have to bond with the elipctal before I can commit to anything.
  • down 2.5 lbs. Whoo hoot! I am not too timid to say my name online: Terri although I will hope no one from real life reads me spilling "it". LOL
  • Hi all!

I don't think I've check in here yet in the new year, so happy new year to everyone.

JM -- I'm so glad to hear everything is going well post-surgery. It must be nice to have your mom there to help with Josie and to look out for you. I can imagine you'd be getting bored with your liquid diet.

I took a little unplanned break from losing weight in December. We went on our Disney trip (fabulous, best thing we've ever done!) and I was sort of on plan, but had gained 7lbs by the time we got back. Lost about 4 of those by a week or so after, but gained them back again over the holidays. I had a really hard time taking a break and then getting back into my routine of healthier eating. Lesson learned for next time...if I'm going to have a break it has to have a clearly defined beginning and end.

I had my gallbladder out last Friday and had some crazy weight loss ups and now downs following that. The good news is that I'm back at my pre-vacation weight..hovering 1lb above the 50lbs lost mark. I'm still following my high protein, low carb-fat-sugar, plan.

Kim -- Are you still using IP? I was cursing you just moments ago for posting that cheeseburger casserole recipe, darn-it, you made my mouth water, I LOVED that recipe. Yes, I remember joining this group in Jan 2007 and I could barely keep up with all the posts at the time, the board was flying then.

Joni -- I hope Beau's ultrasound is all clear. Is there something that makes you think he might be ill? Has he had any symptoms?