La weightloss #57

You're on Page 8 of 8
Go to
  • LOL! My center also thinks .6 lbs means 6 oz. The first few times, I'd correct them "...and six tenths of a pound," but I don't think they understood, so I stopped.

I had a good OP day. I want to try for another 2 lb loss by Thanksgiving, since my weightloss isn't so hot these days. But I'd be delighted to see 4!

Kathy - I don't usually feel puffy after drinking vodka tonics, but I also don't drink as much as I used to in college :b We'll go out once a month or so, and I'll have one or two. On Chinese Dinner Night, I had a few too many (as we all did), but it didn't show on the scale. I think you'd probably have to drink a LOT of alcohol to have it show up on the scale. It is, after all, a diuretic.
  • Wow, you are all having quite a conversation about the different centers! There are times I am not happy with mine, but over all it isn't bad. I am happy with my weight loss. I am now sitting pretty with 26 pounds lost. I weight 165, it has been about 4 years since I weighed that and it is the lowest I've been since I have known my husband which was a mark I was excited to reach. Keep up the good work gals.
  • Good morning everyone....I had to laugh last night when I went to weigh in. One of the girls that works there was wearing a lab coat. This is a first since I have been there. Just found that amusing. Also, no gain or loss last night. Stayed exactly the same as when I weighed in on Friday. Hoping to see the scales move soon.
  • I am Tab
  • I am Tab- Mondays are usually tough for me, even though the most I would cheat is maybe 5 or 6 pretzels over the course of a weekend. I only lost .2# on Mon, but I did't gain as I might have on past Mon.
  • kathie351...At least you saw something.... It is kinda depressing I really did good all weekend..."so I thought"....but the scales didnt move. I weigh again on Wednesday which is tomorrow which will mark my 2 weeks on LAWL. I was also told last night that is about 2 weeks they will give me more food choices. I hope sooo. I am getting bored with the same foods. It has only been 2 weeks. I guess I want it faster...don't we all. *smile*
  • I am Tab
    It could be water retention or anything else. I always weigh more when it's raining- something to do with the barometric pressure. Just hang in there, It WILL SHOW UP !!!
    Kathie
  • Kathie351....Thanks for the encouragement. When do you weigh in?? How often do you weigh in??
  • Good Morning all!

This is my 4th day being back OP and I feel so good. I even just turned down some delicious cake here at work. Of course, everyone tried to tell me it doesn't mean thing, what's one bite, but I persisted w/the word NO, and asked why it was so important that I have a piece. lol Some people just don't want others to loose weight.

Hannah- I want to be 157# by Thanksgiving.

xYTx- Thanks for the info, I think i'll stick to something like vodka, tonic water w/lime, gin and tonic, amaretto or Alize. I'll try to limit myself to 2 servings.

Diane- How's it going?

Kathy
  • Kathy -

My coworkers are kinda like that, too. We have lunch meetings periodically where they order pizza, and I bring my own lunch. It seems like everyone at work orders out for lunch every day. Besides being really expensive, it's not the best idea for a dieter, so I always bring mine. They're ALWAYS trying to get me to eat cookies, doughnuts, etc... we have a lot of junk food kicking around in the break room because the overnight crew brings it in. I just explain to them that I'm watching what I eat. It's so frustrating when they tell you "But, you don't need to lose weight! You're just fine!" I usually say that I want to be healthier, and that includes dropping a few pounds. It's almost as if they think they'll convince you to be happy at your weight. It's so weird. A few of the receptionists at work diet, but they're doing Slim Fast, so I can't really relate. I tried SF a few times and got absolutely NOTHING out of it. Just a lot of binges because I was starving all the time!! Ah well.

OP so far today Just had my Healthy Choice veggie pizza. It always makes me feel like I'm cheating. I miss pizza. A lot.

And about the alcohol: I would probably skip the Amaretto. It's very sweet, so it's probably got a lot of sugar in it. Is Alize wine? That might not be so bad. Like grape juice or something
  • xYTx- I didn't get anything out fo SF either but a stomach ache and vomiting. It's not a good diet, it's full of sugar, I tell people that but they don't get it. Oh well, i'm still doing my thing. I can completely relate with the work situation. It's like I can't celebrate w/ them if I don't eat? lol Eating is only a part of the whole thing but they don't get that either.

I'm going to look up the nutritional facts on the amaretto, I think Alilze is a combination of cognac and exotic fruit w/ alcohol. I'm look that one up too. Cause if they are too high I might as well stick w/ the gin and tonic, I look that up yesterday, it's under 200cal, no fat, sugar only about 16carbs in it. Not bad.

Thanks for the info!

Healthy Choice Veggie French pizza is my fav as well. I always feel like i'm having the real thing when I eat it!

Kathy
  • Hi everybody. No time to write now that I have caught up on reading. GringaGordita, I faxed you over the Weekend Off Red Plan.

Thanks
    Jen
  • Guess what happened to me? Well, i'm so hungry, it's time for lunch. I go to the kitchen here at work, take out my food and guess what I forgot? My chicken breasts. I put my salad, my apple, but no chicken! I was so mad, cause I know one slip up of fast food could send me out of control again. Needless to say, it's on of those days where I only have a couple dollars on me, so right now i'm eating a Mac Jr, and my salad. I just hope this doesn't mess up my scale results tomorrow!

Arrghh, im so mad!

kathy