Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 07:20 PM   #76  

Thumbs down

Hi All,
Just got back from weighing in and lost 2.5 lbs. That's 7 lbs total in 2 weeks. I was pleased with that, although I had to make some adjustments that second week to start losing. I saw the scale wasn't moving so my son and I started going to the gym together. He's only 11 but they let him go, he does the weights while I walk on the treadmill. I'm going to stick with cardio for now until I get closer my goal. I have about 25 more lbs to lose. The other adjustment I made was that I switched to the drinks. I checked the calorie difference today and the Cafe AuLait (Vanilla) is only 70 calories compared to those bars which are 170 calories or more. Also I had bought the biscotti (which I love). However, today I was at Sam's club and checked out their biscotti and it was almost exactly the same nutritional composition as the ones that the center sells for of course a whole lot more money. Needless to say I bought the ones at Sam's club and will count them as a starch and a fruit just like the ones at the center.

Regarding the labwork, it was an option for me and they didn't press me on it at all. Keep up the good work.
See ya all later.
Old 11-16-2002, 07:28 PM   #77  

Hi Denise,
What exactly is the nutritional info of the biscotti. I belong to BJ's . What is the brand name of the biscotti from Sam's? Maybe I can find it or something close. I can't figure out how they count in a fruit with the starch on those.
Thanks,
Kathie
Old 11-17-2002, 07:55 AM   #78  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Congrats on the awesome loss Denise. You'll be at goal in no time. I'm one of those people who have to work out to lose weight too. I think it's because of all the crazy mixed up dieting I've done in the past. Right now I do mainly cardio at least 5 times per week. I was doing right out half an hour, but I've been trying to go a little longer for the last week or so. I also do yoga, and try and lift weights about once a week. To tell you the truth, I think I'm about to stop lifting weights for a while. I feel like I get most of the benefits of lifting weights through dealing with my own body weight in yoga. Keep us posted on the biscotti, they don't sell it at my center but I do have a Sam's club.
Old 11-17-2002, 10:32 AM   #79  

Default Biscotti

Hi all,
The Triple chocolate Biscotti has 150 calories, 5 grams of fat, sodium 95mg, Carbs 24g, fiber 1g, sugar 14g, and protien 3g. The other flavor I think it's Oat Almond or something like that is less calories and fat, sorry I threw out the box but I think it was 130 calories, 3-4 grams of fat, a little less sugar and I actually like them better than the chocolate. Hope this helps.
Old 11-17-2002, 10:54 AM   #80  

Denise,
Thank you so much for the nutritional analysis of the biscotti. I really appreciate it.
Kathie
Old 11-17-2002, 11:58 AM   #81  

Well, the Chinese dinner has come and gone -- and I didn't eat it! I ate an OP meal beforehand, and luckily our friends weren't hungry, so no one ordered anything. I was rewarded for it by seeing the scale hit 154 this morning. I was getting worried after weeks of no weight loss. I'm determined to stay OP now. I want nothing more than to see the 140's! I can't even remember weighing that little.

I bought some size 8 jeans this weekend. I can fit into them, but buttoning them is very tight and looks awful. I thought it would motivate me to lose, so I will try them on every week or so. That was a major motivator for the last 10 lbs. I can't wait to get my $$$ back from LAWL because I NEED CLOTHING that FITS ME. As great as it is to have lost weight, when I go out in clothes that are way too big for me, I just end up looking overweight and akward. Maybe that will be a motivator, too.

Congrats to everyone who's OP or meeting their exercise goals Have a lovely sunday. This is my hardest day to stay OP, so I'll be trying hard.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:09 PM   #82  

XYTX-
What money are you getting back from LAWL?
Old 11-17-2002, 05:28 PM   #83  

Hi Everyone,

A rainy, slushy cold day here in New England. Just want to curl up with a cup of hot something and a nice homemade whatever Little dreaming never hurts!!!

xytx...congratulations on all you've accomplished, what a great feeling that must be...hope I will experience it, one of these days!!

Denise, WTG...I started a week ago and can't say I am doing anywhere near what you are. I have to get going with the hour of exercise that I know I need in order to loose. Too bad the center I go to tells you, you really don't need to exercise to do this...I think like most of us have found...it all depends on the individual.

Marcie... a portion of what you paid to join LA comes back to you if you loose all the weight you wanted and keep it off for X amount of time (within 5 #) or at least that's what I was told at my center...Who knows though, every center seems to have a differnt story

Well, Gringa, Kathie and anyone else I may have forgot...have a great day!!

Meg
Old 11-17-2002, 05:36 PM   #84  

Default Hello!

Hi, I hope everyone is having a good Sunday. I weighed in yesterday, and I was up a pound since Thursday! BOOOO! But, I am not going to sweat it, because I am sure it is just water, I have been OP. Also, since I am nursing, my milk fluctuates during the day, so I am just trying to rationalize it and not get upset. LOL!

I am having a hard day today. I have been OP, but like Meg said, this cool weather just makes me want to curl up with Hot Cocoa and a snack! I am trying to save my cocoa lite for tonight.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend, take care!
Old 11-17-2002, 07:02 PM   #85  

Speaking of curling up- have you ever tried a Chai tea latte? I don't mean a Starbucks latte, but one you make at home. You just steep a Chai tea bag, add some Splenda to taste and a little lo-fat milk. It's like drinking a dessert. I'm gonna make one now. (I like Stash brand the best)
Kathie
Old 11-17-2002, 07:40 PM   #86  

You only get that money back if you have been on the plan perfectly! That means going to the center 3 times a week and never eating off plan....or at least telling them. If they wrote down in their file that you didnt follow plan then you didnt own up to your part of the contract and they do not have to pay you back. OR at least that is how it was explained to me at my center and by everyone who gets mad when they cant get their money back.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:14 AM   #87  

Good Morning All...

I weighed in on Saturday and only lost 6oz. But...I did go to a Two Sisters Gourmet Party friday night. Soooo...I may of had some water retention...because I was OP all week except for friday night tasting party. I only had little tastes....*smile*

After reading all the posts it looks like each center is different. I was given an option about the blood work...it was just figured into my price. And I was told that if I want to get 1/2 my money back that I had to be at my goal weight for a year within 5lbs and I could not break the contract in anyway. Which means you have to by the bars and supplements. I am not looking to get my money back...I just want to learn how to eat everyday food and keep the weight off.

It is great seeing that we have so many people doing this plan. It is nice to log in and see what others have done. Keeps me on plan. I weigh in again tonight lets hope the scale moves down.

Have a great day...
Old 11-18-2002, 09:33 AM   #88  

I AM SO HAPPY! Are you ready for this I lost 4# over this past weekend and I wasn't even trying to. I was just trying to stay OP, so I have 3 more pounds to go to get back to where I was. I am so happy. I really needed this lost to get some of my fire back.

Denise- I'm sorry, typo on my part, yes I only get 2proteins and 2starches on the Gold Plan.

CONGRATS TO ALL THE LOOSERS THIS WEEK. lol I hope we have another successful weigh-in!

Kathy
184/160.6/130
Old 11-18-2002, 09:37 AM   #89  

KitKat3NY.....Way to Go...I hope I see something like that tonight. I am trying soooo hard maybe that is my problem. I am happy you got your fire back....*smile*

How often do you weight in?? I am afraid by weighing in 3 times a week I will get depressed if I don't see a loss. Does anyone else feel like this?
Old 11-18-2002, 09:40 AM   #90  

It was never explained to me that I had to buy supplements in order to be eligible to get my money back. That seems like a total scam. I was just told that if I reached my weight by the end of my weeks, I'd get a portion of it back... and if I maintained within 5 lbs for the rest of the 52 weeks, I'd get another portion. Supplements never came up once.
Closed Thread