3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

La weightloss #57

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 11:19 AM   #61

Tab-I am eating the bars, although the only one I like is the mixed berry. For some reason, I don't like any of the chocolatey ones. I think I tried all of them and the mixed berry is the only one I like.

I thought I read some posts about a purple plan...or is the lack of food making me hallucinate?

I was told that weekends off are for seasoned LAWL vets...since i am only on the plan for 8 weeks, they don't want me to do it until I am really bored. (even though I tried it once, went wild and gained 2 lbs that weekend)
Old 11-15-2002, 11:28 AM   #62

Hi Cheer...

I thought I saw a purple plan too. I am on the plan for 15 weeks and I was told that I needed to be on longer before I could start. What is the difference with Weekends Off. Do you get more food? MMMM MMMM that might be good. I think I just need different food....I am so tired of chicken and turkey....*smile*

I joined on 11/6/02 and I have lost 6lbs so far. Not too bad but I realize that this is alot of water. I weigh in again tomorrow. Keep my fingers crossed...I have been OP.

How long have you been on LAWL? Only 8 weeks you must not have too much to lose....lucky you!
Old 11-15-2002, 12:20 PM   #63
JAG

GringaGordita – I will fax you the card on Monday morning. I just do not have it at work with me and do not have a fax machine at home…

Kathy – My center said that they increase your plan only if you have increased your exercise 5+ hours since you started the program. Personally, when I work out everyday I felt very hungry on the Gold Plan. I felt that the Red Plan was too much. That is how I ended up on the Purple Plan. It increased my protein by 2 oz each portion and gave me another vegetable. That was the only difference between Gold and Purple. It equals about 300 calories more.

Cheer – I have the same sediments on the sodium. As for the plans, you have an extra ½ protein on the Red, dairy serving is more and one more carbohydrate. I think that is it. The purple is Fruit (3) - Dairy (1) 4 oz - LA Lites (2) - Protein (2) 8 oz for chicken, 5 ½ oz for red meat and 3 eggs - Starch (2) - Veggies (4). The Red is 1800 calories and the Purple is 1600, says my center.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:26 PM   #64

Well, still OP. TOMORROW is the dreaded Chinese Food Dinner. I'm thinking that I might just get soup or something. I HAVE to stay away from the fried stuff!!! My weight has stopped fluctuating, and I'm now weighing in at 156 for the last couple of days. This is probably a good thing. Today I really want to cheat, so I'm having one of the Healthy Choice veggie pizzas. I love them. Up until two weeks ago, I NEVER ate frozen dinners, but I've been so busy lately they really help out a lot. Too bad they're so expensive.

Good luck to everyone on the weekend. It's my hardest time
Old 11-15-2002, 12:42 PM   #65

Hi All:
Kathy I do the blue plan when I work out hard for the day and the gold when I have a lighter day. It is just about the same as the gold plan just 1/2 protein, 1 starch and 4oz of dairy more. Did the center actually call the dietician and ask or was that the councelor's word. I do not workout more that five hours but I do close to five and some of the workouts I do are tough as some of the ones that you do. Its better going to a higher plan than having trouble with cheating all of the time.
I am having a good week so far for a change.
But it did not show on the scale.
I hope everyone is having a good day
Diane

210/153.2/135
Old 11-15-2002, 01:38 PM   #66

Angry Gold Plan

Hey Kathy,
I'm on the Gold Plan and I only get 2 proteins??
Old 11-15-2002, 01:41 PM   #67

Tab- I started 9/13, did not lose much on the Take Off plan, but settled into a nice 1.6 average weight loss per week. I lost about 15 lbs (had a few slip ups along the way) and have another 15 to go. I paid up front for a weight loss of 30 lbs.

I paid for a year of program...with 15 weight loss weeks, so many stabilization & maintenance weeks to = 52 weeks.

lets say by some miracle, I hit my goal weight in the 15 weeks, can I extend the "weight loss" weeks to lose more?

What if I don't lose the 30 lbs in 15 weeks, can I use more of my 52 weeks as "weight loss" weeks as opposed to maintenance?

Just curious.

~cheer
169.5/154/140
Old 11-15-2002, 02:51 PM   #68

I see that some people have switched plans. How did that happen? I was told that the red plan is the plan that I need to follow to lose my weight. Can I ask for a different plan? Sorry for all the questions but I see so many people doing different things.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:55 PM   #69

I have only been on the Gold plan for 8 wks. and they gave me the Weekends Off plan-nothing about having to be a seasoned veteran. I also understand that you have to exercise over 5 hrs. to get more food.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:57 PM   #70

Kathie 351......Wow....I can't get the weekends off yet. I exercise well over 5 hrs a week and i don't get anything but the red plan. What color plan do you follow??? What do you get to eat on the weekends with that plan??
Old 11-15-2002, 03:35 PM   #71

Thanks for the info Jag! I'm going to just stick it out w/ the Gold Plan, even though I see that I really do need more food.

I made it so far so good today!

kathy
Old 11-15-2002, 06:54 PM   #72

Hi ladies !

It sounds like there is some good weight loss going on! I can't believe that they would charge for the weekends off plan. I am so glad I have a good center.

I am off to weigh in. Hope it goes better than last week. I live 40 miles away so only usually weigh in 1 x week.

Welcome Tab. This is a great group.

Hannah
Old 11-15-2002, 08:45 PM   #73
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

You guys have been busy today!!! Welcome I Am Tab, glad to have you. It's awesome that you were able to lose 100 pounds and keep most of it off. I'm very impressed. I'm also a work out fiend. I find that I absolutely have to work out to lose weight though, regardless of what I'm eating.

Thanks guys for all the feedback on the charging for weekends off...glad to know that I'm not crazy. I'm grateful for any info I can get.

Hectic day today, I'm pooped. Heading off for a long bath. Have a good weekend guys. I'll check in with ya'll tomorrow.

Ultimate Goal 160

Minigoal - under 200 by New Years
Old 11-16-2002, 12:22 PM   #74

Hi Everyone!

Congratulations to all of you that are doing so well!!! You are my inspiration!!!!!!!!!

Well the scale isn't moving...but I am still hanging in there! Completed one whole week this Friday.

It is interesting to read how different all the centers are. For instance, I insisted on knowing how many calories were in the plans...they put me on the "red" plan and they told me it was 1600 calories, when I went in the other day, they saw I was struggling and not moving on the scale so they put me on the purple, which she told me was 1400. By the way, they had to call coorporate for that information, no one there knew! I'm sorry, but you would think that they would have that information at their fingertips!!

I have another question for you guys. I had to pay $79.00 for a "medical workup" that was mandatory. I told them I had just had a physical and they said, "sorry"! I asked what that included and she said, blood pressure, bloodwork (checking thyroid). I told her I was on thyroid meds and was checked every three months, still she insisted I had to pay. So anyway, I paid and guess what....I am still waiting for boodwork! She did put a Mickey Mouse blood pressure cuff on me once. When I asked about the blood work, she responded with..."well we have to wait for a tech to come in". I am bull and am ready to ask for my money back!

Well, guess since I am not loosing any weight, I needed to vent....so thanks for listening!!

Have a great weekend, the snow just started here...yuck!! It was 69 yesterday and so nice.

Meg
Old 11-16-2002, 02:26 PM   #75
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Hey Meg, the centers definitely vary from place to place. Up until the thing with the Weekends Off plan, I'd had no problem with mine. The medical checkup was optional when I joined. I elected not to do it because I'd just had a annual checkup a month or so before. I emailed corporate about my gripes, I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

Ultimate Goal 160

Minigoal - under 200 by New Years
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.