Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 09:55 PM   #46  

That is quite absurd that they are charging for the Weekend OFF. They did not make me pay.
Jen:
I have always been an exerciser thru my low and highs of weight. My notion was to workout to eat, but it has caught up with me.
My center has not said the first thing to me about exercise. I am still on gold and they do not want to give me more calories due to workouts, but some days I am just exhausted.
Before plan I was doing high impact aerobics 3-4 times a week and then weight training 2-3 with no success. One theory that I have heard is that you can get your heart rate so high that it is not burning fat effeciently. Since plan I have started walking 5-6 times a week, but since I am not breaking a sweat and breathing hard it does not seem that it is working. My plan is to continue with the walking for the first 15 pounds and then start weight training and aerobics again for the last 15. I will see how it goes.
Good luck with the trainer.
meltin
Old 11-14-2002, 11:19 PM   #47  

Cool Crazy!

Gringa,

I think that is crazy that they want to charge you just to tell you about the weekends off! It's just a revised list of what you can eat and how much of it! I wouldn't pay $50 for it either. Let me know and I can post or e-mail the info to you. (I'm on the red plan too). My dh and I are not going to follow the plan though. It's just too much for us to have "cheater" foods around the house during the week and we've been doing great without them for months now! (let's not talk about Halloween though! ) Just had to add my 2 cents, hope you don't mind!

Take care,

Kris
Old 11-14-2002, 11:35 PM   #48  

I agree, that is insane to expect people to pay one penny more than they are already getting....... That is rediculous. I'll ask at my center to see if you have to pay.
Old 11-15-2002, 07:50 AM   #49  
JAG

Good morning,

I went out to dinner with an ex last night and had hot & sour soup and a fortune cookie. ( However, it did not catch up with me this morning...I actually lost weight. Hopefully it well stay off for my weigh tomorrow morning. I'll go to the gym tonight to work it off anyway...

GringaGordita - If you have a fax, I am happy to fax you the weekends off plan (I have it for the gold, purple and red plan) on Monday.

Meltin - My center said that if you increase your exercise to more than 5 hours a week more than what you were doing when you started, that you need to increase your plan. I found that just going from the gold (1300 calories) to the purple (1600 calories) will helped me energy wise.

Does everyone weigh in 3 times a week? Do you have a special treat for yourself after you weigh in? I only weigh in on Saturday morning and let myself have a lean pocket for lunch that day. ) Gives me something to look forward to...

Have a good day!

Jen
Old 11-15-2002, 08:03 AM   #50  
JAG

Just checked my e-mail. Here is some morning humor to help you get through your Friday...

When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for peoplewho are just not sure how to tell when poultry is cooked thoroughly, but not dried out.

GIVE IT A TRY!!!!!

10-12 lb. turkey, 1 cup melted butter, 3 cups stuffing, 2 cups uncooked
popcorn, sand pepper to taste. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt and pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn.
Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.
Listen for popping sounds. When the turkey's *** blows the oven door open, it's done.

And you thought I couldn't cook!

Old 11-15-2002, 08:50 AM   #51  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Hey guys, thanks for the offer. I have some of the info from Kathy, but she's on a different plan. I'm on the red plan, so if you guys could either post, email or fax I'd love it.

Here's my email: [email protected]
Here's my fax: 1-731-632-4661

I appreciate it. You guys are great. I don't know that I absolutely want to try it, but I at least want the option. Well, I'm heading off to work so I'll check in with you guys later.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:23 AM   #52  

Question

Hello Everyone....

I am glad that I have found this group. I joined LAWL on 11/6/02. I joined because I need help. I lost over 100lbs about 4 years ago and I have kept it off but in the last year or so I noticed that I had put on about 28 lbs. Actually I realized that I had gained some weight back when I put on my winter work clothes and that they were tight .... At my highest weight I was 242lbs my lowest weight was 138lbs but I could not hold it. I can hold 145 and that is my goal.

When I lost the first 100lbs I did it totally by working out. I hired a personal trainer and I just watched what I ate. And that has worked for me until I read in someones post that said something like "you workout to eat and now it has caught up with you" ...well that is me. I love to work out. I have made wonderful friends at the gym. And I actually enjoy going. But it seemed the more I workout the more that I thought I could eat.

I am on the red plan....and so far it seems to work for me. I want more starches but that is because I am addicted to them...Sorry for the long post. I am just sooo happy that I have found a place where there seem to be others who are going through the same things as me.

Also, I was just married on Oct. 19th 2002....so I am a newlywed and we went on a 7 day cruise...it was wonderful but all the food it was hard....I must say I did work out 3 times on the boat...I was very proud of that. I don't want to become someone who gets married and gains weight.....I want to lose weight so I can put it back on when I get pregnant.

I hope to get to know some of you so we can chat and email...Looking forward to hearing for you.

Have a great day.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:43 AM   #53  

TGIF all!

I had a terrible night. Went to weigh-in this morning and i'm up a pound from Mon. This is so frustrating!

Gringa- IS YOUR CENTER CRAZY? They are definitely cheating you. You should complain about them. That is robbery. They shouldn't be charging for the weekends off program. Who told you to pay, only one person or was it the main person at the center? Keep us updated on the issue.

Tab- WELCOME TO THE BOARD! Congrats on loosing 100# wow! Also, congrats on your nuptials!

I keep cheating. I'm on the Goldplan and exercise 3+hrs a week. Should I be on a different plan? My center never mention anything to be about it. What do you think? I'm on the Goldplan now and I'm thinking maybe it's not enough food for me.

Kathy
184/164.8/130
Old 11-15-2002, 09:50 AM   #54  

I just got off the phone w/ my center and asked if they think I should be on a different plan and they keep telling me NO! It's like the only plan they want to give is the GoldPlan. The main person at the center even went to far as to tell me she'll buy me a exercise video tape (of my choice) if I give her 2# by next week Fri. What's up w/ that? I guess i'll just tough it out on the Gold Plan.

Kathy
Old 11-15-2002, 09:55 AM   #55  

No, I was not charged a penny. I would call the main number of customer service. Of course they'll probably say you misunderstood. If you can't get anywhere I'd be happy to make a copy and send it to you.
Kathie
Old 11-15-2002, 10:04 AM   #56  

Default purple versus red

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between purple and red plans? I am currently on red, because I work out a LOT.

I also get a little fatigued when I work out a lot...I usually get a 1/2 hour of cardio in on my lunch break (there is a gym where I work) and then an hour at night. I only take one day off a week. If it wasn't for my morning coffee, I think i'd pass out!!! Its hard working out so much on so little food.

Not that I should be complaining now...I have been cheating for the past two days. I know I should stop it, but I just can't. So far, so good today, but we're heading to a weekend that that is my worst time for cheating!

I can't believe that about charging for weekends off. What a scam. I would definitely complain to corporate.

I also get the sodium speech every time I go in there. I drink a LOT of water, work out a lot and If my only vice is to have a frozen meal, then so be it....it can't be worse than how I USED to eat!!!!

Good luck everyone on the weekend ahead!!

~cheer
Old 11-15-2002, 10:07 AM   #57  

Gringa-
You paid program costs when you started...that should include any and all programs! WHAT A RIP OFF!!!
Old 11-15-2002, 10:12 AM   #58  

Hello KitKat3NY....What is the Gold Plan...I am on the Red Plan. The Red plan is 2 1/2 prorteins, 4 Veggies, 3 Fruit, 3 Startches, 1 Fat, 8oz Dairy, 2 LA Lites....

I workout about an hour at lunch...we have a gym also and then when I get home I workout about another hour or more. And usually I am sooo exhausted when I get done I don't feel like eating...but I know I should....and with LAWL I make better food choices.

Kathie351...are you referring to the weekend off plan. I was told that I could not have that yet. I need to be on my plan for a little longer. There was no mention of a cost...but we shall see.

Cheer....I just posted the red plan....what is the purple plan?? I know what you mean about not enough food. But I have only been on this for a week so my body is doing some adjusting...pluse I love my starches so this is kinda hard for me. Do you eat the LA lites??
Old 11-15-2002, 10:28 AM   #59  

Hi Tab,

Gold Plan- 1fat, 3protein, 2starches, 3fruit, 3veggies. This is so tough for me cause I love carbs and tend not to like meat or poultry to much.

Kathy
Old 11-15-2002, 10:35 AM   #60  

Hi, Tab,
Yes,I was refering to the Weekends Off Plan.
Closed Thread