La weightloss #57

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • I have had a really great day today....except for one of those tiny tootsie rolls. Just the little one inch ones. I still have tons of food left for this afternoon and evening also. So...maybe today will be a near perfect day with tomorrow be perfect.

I am going to a benefit at the Zoo on friday.....coctails and hordoeurs 8pm to midnight. I have to find a dress to wear!!! And figure out a way to stay away from the munchies. Anyone ever had mixed drinks with diet soda? What do you gals drink if you go out?
  • I'm 23, and going out to the bars is still novel to my friends. In fact, Chinese Food Night will probably be a drinking sport. I don't go out very often because of work/school. I'd say once a month I'll go out with them. I used to love whiskey and ginger ale, but since being on LAWL, I've switched to vodka and tonic with lime. It's not as syrupy as using cola, and I like the taste. Vodka is pretty tasteless, so it tastes like lime and fizzy water. It's actually pretty refreshing. I can nurse it for a long time. I find that I'm pretty buzzed after two drinks these days since losing weight and eating less, so I don't worry too much about the calories. I have to stop there I'd be too drunk to consume any more before really breaking my diet. :b In college when I was around 200 lbs and overeating every day, I could have 6 or 7 before I felt drunk. My liver thanks me.

I've tried diet coke and rum, and it's not bad. I'm pretty used to diet soda now, so I hardly taste the weird diet aftertaste anymore.
  • Well.
    I was down .5 today, not much but I have lost 4 lbs in 10 days since I started. So, that is pretty good! I have done really well today, so maybe that will help. I also ate soy sauce last night and I am sure the sodium didn't help me any.

Joules, that sounds really stressful re: where to go to grad school. I would just apply locally near your BF, and also to the one in AL, and see what happens. You never know, alot could happen..

I broke down and bought the cookbook and the biscotti today, I am going to have the biscotti with the hot chocolate tonight and see if that helps me get through the evening. I needed the cookbook for inspiration and I am definitely going to try the bran blueberry muffins.

Thanks for all the inspiration!
  • XYTZ Mini Goal
    Hey XYTZ-

You and I have the same mini-goal....150 by Thanksgiving.....how's about we go at it together? I am at 155 as well, so we are right at the same spot. With some discipline and a few good cardio sessions, I think we can TOTALLY attain losing 5 lbs in the next 2 1/2 weeks.

How about it? You in??? Update me on your progress. We can do it!!!!

I'm so glad this thread has had so much activity lately....what a great motivator! Its been raining non-stop for 5 days here, and it was beginning to wear on me (as witnessed by the Oreos and chinese food that I had yesterday)....reading the board this morning got me going again!!!

--Cheer
  • HAS ANYONE HAD MORE SUCCESS USING THE SHAKES RATHER THAN THE BARS. MY CENTER REALLY PUSHES THE SHAKES- THEY ARE LOWER IN CALORIES, BUT I ALSO NEED THE CHEWINESS OF THE BARS.
    KATHIE
  • Kathie, why don't you have one bar a day and one shake a day?

I don't prefer the shakes or the bars, I stick to the soups and hot cocoa.

kathy
  • Well folks, I didn't quite make it last night. I didn't even workout. I ate spanish food, tons of it, then my ex-M-I-L came over w/ an early thanksgiving dinner since she's going to out of town this thanksgivng and her son and I broke up a few months ago, she wanted to cook for me, that's the end of that story draw your won conclusion.

I feel so full, i'm in "fat" clothes today. My belly looks like i'm 5mths pregnant! UHH! I hate dieting. But, today is a new day and i'm going to try to make the best of it.

Kathy
  • I am having a great day so far. I packed my lunch so I can stay on plan. : )
  • Hi guys, just checkin' in. Good news on the weigh in front, I was down over 2 pounds today. I just weighed in yesterday, so I figure I must have been retaining a whole bunch of water from my weekend of excess. I guess that's what sodium will do for you. I've also been eating eggs and ground turkey as my protein since Monday. Looking back at my dairy I realize that i lose the most weight when i'm eating that way. Anyway, I'm officially at 25.75 pounds now. I'm so excited to break that 25 pound mark. Woohoo. I'm going to change my signature, but I'm a little afraid that I'll be up tomorrow. If i go ahead and change it though, it'll make me more accountable. Sorry for the ramble.

Oh, I've stuck pretty much to the bars and the hot chocolate. I haven't tried the soup or the shakes yet. I guess the bars seem more like a treat to me.

Pennie, I love those blueberry bran muffins. However, the recipe usually makes four regular size muffins instead of the two it says in the recipe. I also have to cook them for longer than what it says, usually around 20 minutes or so. Enjoy! They're great
  • Hey!

Woohoo, Gringa!! That is excellent, I can't wait to lose 25 lbs!!!

And Kathy, who could blame you with a mini thanksgiving...... Just the thought of my MIL makes me want to eat. I eat the shakes and hot cocoa, I can't have the bars because I am nursing. The strawberry shake is better than the vanilla.

The hot cocoa and biscotti is awesome for an after dinner treat!! I felt really indulged!

I can't wait to try the muffins. I didn't get my 1/2 protein for breakfast, but yesterday was my best OP day yet. I went to the grocery and bought steak, baked potatos and asparagus for dinner, now I have to watch my portions!! My husband will be so happy, he is sick, sick, sick of chicken and fish.

Did ya'll see Al Roker last night??
  • Congratulations,Gringa. Your loss is AWESOME! I made the muffins today,and thought I did something wrong as I ended up with 4 also. They taste more like little quiches than muffins to me,though. I was up .4 today and I don't know why unless it's Saturday showing up late.
  • Congrats Gringa, on the weightloss!

Question for those of you who make the muffins, what do they count as and how many are we allowed in a serving? Is it hard to make?

Kathy
  • Hey Kathy, if I remember correctly, the muffins count as 1 starch, 1 fruit, and .5 protein. They are great when you are on the run. I just had to experiment with the sweetener and flavorings to get the mix that I like, but it was a tasty treat, especially when I was feeling deprived.
  • Just weighed in ladies I was down to 168 which is a 23 pound loss! Yeah!!!! Thanks for the motivation.
  • Congrats Erin...you are doing great!