Old 12-06-2010, 06:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Mary, I do eat a lot of fruit. I'd say that if you didn't eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies, that this diet would be hard, hard, hard.... really my target number of points equals less than 1000 calories a day, so you either learn how to eat a lot of fruit and veggies or you starve. Kind of clever of those weight watchers people to get you used to living off from produce, since if you want to be thin, that is what you need to be doing. Congrats on the quilt!

JM, Way to go! You are almost under the 300 pound mark, and just psychologically that has to feel better. Stay strong during the holiday season, and you will be looking at a much brighter new year. I'm going to spend the next two weeks really trying to eat on the lighter side. My family is coming to visit the weekend before Christmas, and I just want someone to notice how much weight I've lost.. My mom has lost 27 pounds on WW so we can exclaim over each other even if no one else notices. Mom is always good for being encouraging on the weight loss effort.

Kim, if you ate that stuff you'd feel physically bad, so there is that tempering the sheer willpower. So did someone notice you looking thinner? or just you not eating the junk food that they noticed?

Laura, I've decided to take a break from just about all exercise too for a short time to see if it makes a difference for my foot. Once it heals up then I can hit it again, as I really believe exercise makes a big difference for me. Weight just fluctuates... its frustrating! Its the long term trend that counts not the day to day up a couple down a couple of pounds.

Hi MJ, How are you liking your new job and new city? Are you settling in?
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #17  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

JM - so proud of you! Kick those last 3 to the curb I am so excited for you - just think, this time next year (much less of)you and Josie will be rockin around the Christmas tree!

Barb - Some of my friends at work noticed and quietly said something to me, which made me feel good. And the guys that I go out to lunch with noticed that I was getting salads instead of subs, so I pulled the "broke up with carbs" thing on them and left it at that. I guess sheer willpower wasn't totally correct, because you are right - eat badly=feel like cr@p, so willpower and wanting to feel good is what I am getting by with. It's funnny - for some reason on this plan I feel guilty when I think about cheating - like seriously guilty as if I did actually cheat. I have to stop and remind myself that I didn't actually eat anything off plan, I only THOUGHT about it! LOL. A psychologists dream patient, that's what I would be for sure.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #18  

I'm still struggling with the same old challenges. Sigh.
Sunday night while on Take Off, ate out. Couldn't avoid. Tried to choose wisely but failed slightly.
Monday, work lunch, tempted by baked ziti, bread, mozzarella sticks.

I feel like I just can't seem to DIET. To stick to something rigidly. But I need to.
FutureFitLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #19  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Mary-A year ago...protein anytime of the day was YUCK to me. I realized that protein for BF helps me stay OP rest of the day. These days I mostly eat P,V ,Dand F. Starches -mainly sweet potato or beans/legumes or oats.I went down from a regular size 18/20 to a petite 4 ( loose fitting).

Barbara- Thanks for asking. I am not liking this new place as much. The traffic is just awful and roads are dangerous with all the snow & construction going on. I resigned already and my husband already has a great job offer from Vancouver and we moving just before new year. Vancouver is very close to the border ( 2 1/2 hrs drive to Seattle), not that cold but lots of rain. I love ocean so very excited

Laura- i am doing a TO too! and today is my 2nd day. I just want to feel rejuvenated before new year and therefore doing TO. The only reason I do TO is to break free of bad choices and make a fresh start. But I never do TO over weekends.Don't give up.Start making better choices from tomorrow.You don't have to DIET...just find healthier options you like and stick to them. Also, make smarter choices - 1 cookie is a starch and 1/2 cup cooked oats is also starch but the latter will help you feel full longer.
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #20  

Laura, You shouldn't be so hard on yourself! Really! Your "slight failure" was in fact mostly doing pretty good I suspect. Don't hold yourself to an impossible standard, but celebrate that you are doing better, even though it is not perfect. Losing weight is a marathon not a sprint.

MJ, Vancouver is a beautiful city. We were there last summer as our Alaska cruise started from there. Even if it rains a lot in the winter, they have beautiful summers. I've been contemplating a TO myself. It could totally fit in with the weight watchers plan. I don't seem to do well if I attempt it on the weekend either.

Kim, That is really nice that your coworkers noticed. You seem to be in a ninja mind set when it comes to cheating, you are going to beat it mentally before it even appears physically. That's a lot better than beating yourself up after the fact.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #21  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Just popped in to say a quick hello. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill last night. It was tough but it felt good to get myself back on track!
Have a great day everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #22  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Did another 30 minutes on the treadmill again last night. My husband said he will cook dinner for me if I want to work out when I get home. What a good man! Maybe I can drop five pounds before Christmas, that would be awesome!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #23  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

good job, joan! keep it up!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #24  

Joan, Good job. I would also love to lose 5 before Christmas, but I just realized that is two weeks from Saturday! Which means my mom is coming a week from tomorrow to my house for our early Christmas celebration! I must clean!

Hi Skinny, I mean Jillian... That ticker just keeps creeping lower and lower... I know you probably feel the creeping part, but really its so impressive. You've lost a whole person now.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #25  
WonderWoman

ha! thanks, barbara! yeah, i've been at a stand-still of 157 for about a month now. but i'm not too bummed about it given the fact that you mentioned..i've lost a WHOLE PERSON! i'm keeping up with my fitday tracker and exercising. i know i could definitely bump up my workouts, but otherwise i think the 150's is where i'll be landing for awhile. i'd like it to be in the lower half of the 150's, but we'll see.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #26  
Yoga-addict

Joan- good job! I know it is hard to stay motivated after a hectic day of work.

Barbara- House-cleaning burns lot of calories. So 5 lbs would come off definitely

Jillian- Incredible job! Really. I truly admire your determination. When they show 400+ people dropped to model sizes on TV, I find it hard to believe. I know I used to be morbidly depressed when I was 75 lbs heavier. I don't know if I would have had the courage and willpower if I was 150+ pounds heavier...so kudos to you!

These days I hover mostly between 126-123, depending on what I ate the day before.This morning I am 124. I would like to be 120 but not stressing about it.But I have gone back to plan 2 ( almost strict). I am also practicing yoga everyday and even got my husband to join me.He was always skeptical about Yoga...he is more of a weight training kinda guy.

I had this yoga teacher, she always told me, main thing about yoga practice is to let go of your EGO. Don't worry if someone more flexible than you. Don't mock anyone weaker than you.Don't be ashamed. So I had to coax my husband into practicing. Now, my husband is 6'4" and 215 lbs,he can weight-train with 200+lbs but he was incredibly stiff at first and ashamed.He has been practicing with me for the entire week and now he is so much more flexible and thanks me and says he'll practice for rest of his life.

This little story is for anyone who might feel ashamed, skeptical or afraid to start something new like spinning/yoga/pilates/zumba etc. Get out of your shell....and rediscover yourself. You are capable of it...and you are soooo worth it!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #27  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Hey everybody...I am still here but just overwhelmed with all the cleaning, prepping, and sewing that I'd like to get done before CHristmas. Today I conquered Mt. Laundry, though...so does that count as exercise? You'd say so if you saw it It was shameful!

I've been doing well on the diet...the worst thing is that maybe I'm not eating everything. A few times at the end of the day I was very satisfied and didn't want to shove starches down to get those colors filled in. I know that you're supposed to eat everything but I just didn't want to shove food down my throat...I need to learn to listen to my body and my body was completely full. I am not sure about my weight b/c it's so hard for me to weigh in the morning. I know I am down a few pounds, though, because wehn I do get on the scale even at night it is lower than my start weight.

Jillian and MJ- those are impressive weight losses!

Laura, I'm sorry you're having issues. Have you started the regular plan yet?
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #28  
Yoga-addict

Thanks Mary

So what is everyone making for Xmas? I haven't planned the menu yet. i just know I am making roast chicken with gravy. would love to hear other ideas.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #29  
WonderWoman

i'm still in shock, but needed to share--i weighed in today at 155.8--holy crap! i can't believe it.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #30  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Always the inspiration - Congrats Jillian!

Busy busy - did most of our Christmas shopping this weekend, now need to finish decorating and finish up the christmas ornaments I make for my family every year. Plus a paper due by next tuesday. And, my birthday is Saturday. Too much stuff to cram into one week!

Last edited by Kimphin; 12-13-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote