Old 12-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #1  

Default Until my plan arrives, help me prestart?

5'6, 286

When I did LAWL years ago, I was on Red (plus?). I remember the intake as this:

PPPp (3.5 proteins; P=8oz chicken, 7 oz pork or turkey, 5 oz beef or fatty fish)
VVVV (4 veggies, usually lower carb ones, generally 1 cup)
SSS (3 or was it 4 starches. 1 starch = 1/2 english muffin, 1/2c pasta , etc.)
FFFF (4 fruits, usually lower sugar ones)
ff (2 fats, 1 f=1 tbsp olive oil, butter, etc.)
dd (2 dairy, d=8 oz low fat yogurt)
2 lites
8 8oz water

Does that sound about right?

I'm trying to retrain my brain from Atkins. In comparison, it seems this is moderate carb (100g or less) and low fat. Agree?

Any advice? I want to try to eat clean, so like no processed foods other than the lites (if I can handle them, I used to be triggered to eat more than 2)

I had been working out steadily for years, but am in a holding pattern on that due to injuries and health.

Any thoughts? Please share.
FutureFitLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #2  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

That looks about right - I was on purple, so I got 1 less in most categories than red+. If you search the threads, there is probably something out there from years ago that lists the plans. I got all confused when they went to numbered plans and lost track of which was which. Sorry.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #3  

any words about keeping to it?
I'm a total emotional/boredom eater and face temptation at work EVERY DAY
Old 12-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #4  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I don't know if they still do the Unlimited Takeoff to start out or not, but you might want to look that up on the threads here. I am doing that right now so we are starting again together, I guess.

Sticking to LAWL...it's all about the preparation and stocking your kitchen well. It is constant eating but just healthy things. I was so sick of preparing and eating food between LAWL and started my oldest son on solids. The numbers moved so quickly for me that was motivation in itself. Keep the diary, weigh daily. I weighed daily b/c it helped me not get depressed if I saw what I knew had to be water weight gain and it kept me from giving up in the hard moments.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #5  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

How to do TO is in the Newbie sticky thread up top . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #6  

I got my plan, all I could find was red but I know I should do red plus. Do I have it accurately above?
Old 12-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #7  
Let's try this again . .

I think so-but i do think it's 4 starches.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #8  

Thanks. I am doing the take off juice and am on Day 2. How often should I do the TOJ, once a month or just to jumpstart this?

Of course...I got TOM so knowing how well the TOJ works won't be clear just yet. was 290.6 to start, 289.6 today. Now to stay off the scale....
Old 12-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #9  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I think you can do the limited takeoff every 2 weeks, but this unlimited TO will just be for starting I THINK! Don't quote me.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #10  
Let's try this again . .

I think Mary's right-unlimited only at the beginning and limited thereafter . . .However-I wouldn't do TO very often. Only when you hit a plateau that lasts for a few weeks. IMO-it doesn't really add that much to your weight loss when you do it often-just makes you extremely crabby! Also-many folks would justify a cheat by doing TO after which is a bad habit to get into.

Strangely enough-my best plateau breaker is a "planned cheat". Don't go crazy-but treat yourself to a higher calorie day and that usually shakes up your body enough to start losing again. Your body can get used to having the same calories every day and get lazy about burning calories. That's why sometimes having a weekly calorie goal that is broken down into varying calorie days during the week works well for a lot of people. But I know that's not the LAWL technique, so I digress . . . .