3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

November 2010

Old 11-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #61
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies! I remember some of you girls from my previous LAWL experience 4 years ago (wow...can't believe it has been that long). Hubby and I are starting unlimited takeoff tomorrow. I am probably up to 212 or so...highest weight ever. I am just so frustrated with a couple of things...namely a hard time finding a bra that won't hurt my back that actually is in my size. We're just kind of fed up with being chunky right now. I hope it goes well because usually dieting with the hubby involves me doing twice the work of planning EVERYTHING and then he loses more than me...y'all know how that goes!

I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving and didn't go too crazy! If so, today is a new day.

Mary
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #62
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Mary - twice the work, but there is strength in numbers! Good luck with TO.

Barb - I would think that the toning shoes would be great for plantar fascitis - the rolling motion was what saved me. It took A LONG TIME to get better - and I hated every minute. Gotta love getting up from a chair and lurching across the room like Joe Cocker......

We just got a new elliptical trainer - did away w/the treadmill - and the foot pedals have a thick gel base that is supposed to mimic those toning shoes - I kind of like it and my feet don't fall asleep like they do on the machines at the gym.
Mini Goal #2

Mini Goal #1 18lbs
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #63
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Barbara-In the many many blood tests I had done for the surgery-I did have my vit D checked and am slightly deficient. I was told to take 1 supplement daily which I rarely remember to take. I really need to figure out a better vitamin-taking plan, as they will be vital to my health after the surgery!

I also have foot pain (might be plantar fascitis,not sure) and the Shape Ups seemed to make it worse. But I also have flat feet and some shoes really bother me if they force an arch . . .

Kim-know what you mean about the Joe Cocker lurch. Getting out of bed in the middle of the night to use the bathroom was ridiculous. If i remembered to sit in bed and stretch out my feet for a few minutes before putting weight on them it would help, but I would rarely remember to do that. Just stumble my way to the door . . .

Mary! I remember you-yes, plenty of us still around-unfortunately weight loss isn't usually a "do it once and never look back" kinda thing. How's life?

Funny-my Mom ordered the Montel Williams blender thingie and it takes up too much counter space-so she gave it to me! Made a protein smoothie for breakfast-put in a bunch of celery and romaine lettuce and it really does "emulsify" them-no chunks, stringy bits or anything. Looking forward to making sorbets, smoothies, and hot soups. . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #64

Default Plantar Fasciatis

Usually this is tied to problems with your arches...which the toning shoes will not address--instead you will need custom arch supports from your podiatrist.

There are exercises to relieve PF.
1-do a wall stretch with the top of your foot propped on the wall, stretching the calf and hamstring
2-roll a tennis ball with your foot (massages the area)
3-laying down, using a towel, pull one leg's knee up to your stomach, with the foot pulled toward you (not pointed away from you), keep the other leg straight.

Do for both sides.

The "toning" shoes are scietifically crap. Sorry, they cannot do what they claim. It's a physiological impossibility. Nothing replaces exercise....
FutureFitLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #65

I realize I should introduce myself, after having made 2 posts.

I am 41, 5'6, was once 350, now 286. I had gotten down to 259 in the last 3 years, and then this year, my energy plummeted, my time in the gym became impossible due to lack of energy, time, and work stress....I got up to 290 last week and said that's it. No more foolin' around.

I had been doing Atkins when I got to 259, and I thoroughly believe in lower carb, but I was struggling keeping my calories where they needed. So I decided to do the next thing that worked for me, LAWL. (I had done LAWL about 7 years ago and lost from 330 to 272 on Red Plus.)

I was happy to find the lites online (ordered a month's supply) and a Red plan with take off juice.

So, I was 290 last Friday and 286 yesterday. Will be happy to see te 270s again soon.

I should add, I have been a gym rat for 3 years, but getting there lately hasn't been happening. I'm debating about taking time off from my membership and just working out at home. I had a trainer for 3 years, so I know a heck of a lot about training, in fact, if I get to my goal weight of 160-175, I will get certified. I've already read the books, just felt until I look the part, it wouldn't do to get certified...who'd hire the still fat chick?

Anyway, any guidance on doing LAWL color plans from this site would be awesome....

Last edited by FutureFitLaura : 11-30-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #66
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey peeps. i haven't checked in for a little while so i thought i'd say hi. hope everyone is doing well!

"Exercising is like brushing your teeth...it's just something you have to do everyday."

"Success often comes from doing ordinary things with extraordinary commitment."
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #67
Bring sexy back

Hey again guys...I was supposed to be taking an online driver's ed course but it's having issues so I am popping in to say HI while I am waiting on them to fix it.

I started unlimited takeoff today. I really hate doing takeoffs but once I am done I am better about staying on the wagon because I don't want to have to takeoff again. That and it helps with the carb cravings.

This morning I weighed in at 217.5 ALL TIME HIGH! I was 212 just last week or so, but I guess Thanksgiving plus a week away from home caught up with me. Honestly it didn't make me feel depressed or anything...just resolved. I am ready!!!

Juliemarie- I checked in on your adoption story a bit and I was very excited for you. My youngest are now 3 so I feel I can breathe a little and focus on myself for a bit. A prep heavy diet like LAWL can be hard to manage with toddlers and babies in the house.

On the Skechers...I am not gonna try those. I hate wearing anything but sandals. It drives my husband crazy, but you can't take the country outta the girl.

On DASH
Goal: increase my energy, lose weight, fit into smaller clothes!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #68

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kim, You made me laugh. I totally have the Joe Cocker moves down right now. I like the idea of the gel on the elliptical because ours has made my feet go numb for some reason, which seems like it would be a bad thing.

Laura, I have the custom orthodics. I think my one foot is a little swollen due to the plantar facititis and that makes them hurt to use, so I'm trying different things. I've been doing a lot of stretching, since my podatrist thinks that all those spin classes tightening up the leg muscles is a factor.

Nicole, I am wearing my new foot inserts that you recommended today! I like them. Only so many work outfits that I can get away with the lovely toning shoes with. LOL....

JM, I bought a pill case at the dollar store, and that seems to keep me on track with taking pills, since I can visually see if I've taken it already or not. Hopefully the need to be more organized after surgery will be balanced out by having a whole lot more energy due to losing weight. My sister's good friend who had the gastric bipass a few years back seems to be doing so well. If she can do it, I'm sure you can.

Mary, Good to see you back! It seems like a moments inattention to what I'm eating, and poof the pounds fairy has visited me. Or perhaps its Joan's evil mice just making my clothes smaller.

Joni, how are you liking the new WW plan? I seem to be having occasional shock over the number of points in things under the new plan... but overall it seems OK.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #69
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Morning all!

DS and I are headed to Disney today and I'm hoping the magic kingdom will bless me with some willpower to go with all the walking we'll be doing, or that I'll experience a Christmas miracle and actually LOSE weight while we are away.

Off to go pack all the last minute stuff. Have a great week!

Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #70
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Say hi to the mouse!
Mini Goal #2

Mini Goal #1 18lbs
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #71
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

hey all

stopping by quickly to share a news story...I WISH IT WAS TRUE FOR ME!!!
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/1...otatoes_diet_1

loving life once again...Thanks LAWL
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #72

@ Barbara...I'd agree that the exercise you're doing could be a root cause. Also, I found for myself that if my form was off just a tad, it restarted the PF. But when I'm more restrained in my workouts, I feel better.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #73
Joan

S/C/G: 180/155/150

Height: 5"8

MJ- Wow thats quite the story!

Feeling pretty good today. I think I am just in the Christmas spirit!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #74
Bring sexy back

Eating potatoes and losing weight??? ONLY A MAN!

I am really glad I cleaned my bathroom on day one of takeoff b/c I was running there every 5 minutes! I know I had a lot of water weight on me b/c we had just gotten back from traveling...lots of fast food and gas station cuisine on the road.

Jillian..I remember you from my first time here but you look so different. Good job!!!

I am feeling good about LAWLing again. I haven't missed any foods yet and I'm enjoying the healthy food. I had really gotten to a point where I was craving healthy food...at least the energy I had when eating it.

BTW, I finally got into the driver's ed online and passed at 100 percent but it was HARD...one of the final test questions was how many people were killed in railroad crossings in 2008. SERIOUSLY!
Have a good night everyone!

On DASH
Goal: increase my energy, lose weight, fit into smaller clothes!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #75
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hi mary! good to "see" you again! thanks for the compliment! there's a picture in my profile that shows the differences.

"Exercising is like brushing your teeth...it's just something you have to do everyday."

"Success often comes from doing ordinary things with extraordinary commitment."
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.