Old 11-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #46  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi friends Just checking in. I am a deer hunter's widow, and I am losing my mind. Just sayiin'.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #47  
Post-Master

Barbara.....I must be honest.....I have come to realize that going to the gym has afforded me an hour or so of sanity every day, and that is probably what has kept my motivation going Even though it is a job with all of these little people......the one hour of pure selfishness feels soooo nice. As far as the foot......I can sypathize. My stupid foot has been bad since june . Have you seen a podiatrist? I did have some injections that provided me some relief.....but then I just over did it. I am going to post a link to some wonderful insoles that I purchased from my podiatrist, and later found online. I do have custom made orthotics, but these seemed to provide me with much more relief. Also, I wear a night splint....and it took a LOT of getting used to....but over a period of about 6 weeks, I really started to notice relief. Oh, that and the lovely stretching exercises, that I FINALLY do. If you do not already have info on them....I can scan and email them to you, if you like. Also....rolling it on a frozen water bottle really seemed to help....and NEVER going barefoot. It seems as soon as it starts getting better, I abuse it.........but I am learning........5 months later .

MJ....any of us who change our minds deserve credit! When I get to my goal, I will have lost about 80 pounds......but those numbers are not what makes me feel like a super hero inside.....it is knowing that I finally love myself enough and have stuck to this committment that make me want to wear a cape I am already victorious. My life no longer revolves around food. I am no longer controlled by cake. If I want some, I have some......in moderation. I don't feel bad about it....the cycle has been broken. It's an incredible feeling.

JM......way to go on the jeans. I am so anxious for your surgery......I cannot imagine how you must feel. Can you Mom come stay with you to help you during your recovery? How's that little pincess of yours doing?

Joan.......are you currently doing LAWL? If you are not, fitday.com is a good way to check in on your intake. If I log my stuff on there for a week or so, it can really help find any errors you may have overlooked. Maybe I should check that out too.

Kim....what's up?

Hi Angie and Amy

Ok, must feed the littles..........
Old 11-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #48  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochie View Post
This is just for laughs:

What is a calorie?

Calories are the little *******s that get into your wardrobe at

night and sew your clothes tighter.

MY CLOSET IS INFESTED WITH THE LITTLE ****S

Now that there's funny.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #49  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Nicole-I am stressed about the surgery. It's throwing my body for a loop in that I have colitis which only acts up with stress and it's been bothering me for the last 2 months. So yeah-stress i'm just trying to drop some pounds and having a lot of trouble with the no carb diet (the cravings are simply overwhelming) so I'm switching to a more LAWL type diet. And then maybe before I see my doc again I'll do a hard-core Every Other Day diet like I did last December where I dropped 16lbs in 2 weeks.

Gotta get some work done-came in late due to the ice . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Nicole, I do the same thing, I get my foot mostly better and then do something that causes me a setback. I've been to the podatrist a few times and do have the night splint, which I'm back to wearing after not doing that for awhile. Icing it seems to help me a lot and the stretching somewhat. I did have a cortisone shot in the foot once. It was not the most pleasant thing. Thinking about going back for a second though. My dad is convinced that you just have to stay off it as much as possible for it to heal, as he had this awhile back and is now recovered from it. I do have custom orthodics, actually got a second pair recently at the podatrist. They are helpful, but not too cushy. Sometimes my feet feel better in something cushier. When my DD was young and I was a stay at home mom, I was in excellent shape because I got the one hour a day when I put her in the daycare at the gym and took a little bit of time to myself, where I could talk to other adults uninterrupted on occasion.

Snow here today, just a dusting. It shouldn't get above freezing today, which it hasn't done that in November here for 25 years.

Kim, I bet your clothes are looser than they were before you started your current program. You have made good progress on the second mini goal, which is always harder won than the first one, unfortunately. Is Thanksgiving going to be difficult for you on your plan?

They are changing the weight watchers plan. They haven't totally unveiled the new plan, but it seems that most fruits and veggies are going to 0 points, that they are altering the formula so that you get a reduction in points for high protein foods as well as high fiber foods. No mention of the penalty for eating fat staying around... I wouldn't mind if they got rid of that one, since I do find myself avoiding healthy fats because the points are just so high.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #51  
Post-Master

http://stores.walkpro.com/-strse-107...ech/Detail.bok

Barbara....I forgot to insert the link the other day. These insoles are actually cushiony....if that is a word.....and my podiatrist said she finds that her patients like these more than the hard custom orthotics. I, of course, paid 50 bucks at the doc for them...and then found them for way less online...but I don't even care. They have really helped me. I have not ordered from the above mentioned site, but will in the future. I want to get a pair for my slippers. If I go barefoot for even 5 minutes, I wreck my foot...and I am pretty tired of wearing shoes ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

JM......hang in there. You can do this.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #52  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Hello Ladies!

Good to see you again Nichole. Congrats on the gym commitment. Thats a marriage I haven't made yet. I am thinking I will have more time for that in a few years to avoid the empty nest I will have just to keep my sanity.

I agree about with the HCG. Its a temporary solution to a life long problem.

Well the big Pig Out day is tomorrow. I can only hope to recover by Monday so I don't have to come in here and change my ticker. LOL Happy Thanksgiving All.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #53  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Barbara - I've been doing WW also for the last few months and I was curious to what the new plan changed. I go to the meetings and our leader couldn't say much about it until its unveiled next week. That's good to know about the fruits and veggies but I wonder how many points I'll lose with the changes??
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:43 PM   #54  

Dawn, I guess we'll have to wait and see what the plan changes are. I think it will be a good shift though. I've been doing WW online since July. I do think they needed to shift with the current thinking on weight loss and weight maintenance, which is not as fat phobic as it was 20 years ago.

Nicole, thanks! I think I will order myself one of those! I do have a pair of slippers and sandals that have a foam bed, and I have worn them out as my foot feels better in the cushiness of the foam than even with the custom orthodics. Lately I've been wearing the dearfoams slippers that I bought at Costco around the house.. very cushy.

JM, Aw, don't stress... OK not the easiest advice to follow, but do take some deep breaths, realize that this will pass before you know it, and that better and healthier days lie out there in your future.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #55  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Happy Thanksgiving to all my neighbors in the U.S!

Not much going on with me today. I am glad that the weather is warming up a bit. Hopefully I can get some Christmas shopping done on the weekend.
Have a great day everyone!

Nicole- No I havent been to the LAWL center for about a year now. I was trying to do it on my own since I have all the tools however when I dont have to weigh in and be accountable, its easier to fall off the plan!
I think for me, I have to exercise on a regular basis, plain and simple! Following a proper food plan is great but when I am not exercising, thats when I notice the difference for sure. My treadmill is fixed so I dont have any excuses anymore. I also have a weight set at home. I just need to get my butt in gear.

Gotta run,

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #56  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hope you all had a great holiday! My goal was to maintain through the weekend and then hit it hard again starting today. I didn't do wonderful with my eating, but I only had one plate at Thanksgiving dinner with small portions of my favorites and I finished Josie's pumpkin pie since she only ate a small amount (well, mostly she ate the Cool Whip!). The rest of the weekend-I ate whatever everyone else did and didn't snack-with the exception of a few drinks Friday night and some dessert that someone brought while we played cards.

Weighed myself this morning and I lost a pound since the last time I weighed myself. I'm pretty proud! I really think sleeping better (CPAP) has helped my body-i think normally I might have gained a bit. Or given in to the cravings the other night instead of just having a bit of Jello before bedtime.

Anyway-here I go again. I keep reminding myself i'm do this (losing weight before the surgery)-to lessen the odds of DYING during the surgery. Yes-I'm totally blowing it out of proportion-but hopefully scaring myself to death will help!

One hard thing is that all these medical appts (co-pays and my 20%) and colitis meds ($25/week!!!) have hurt me financially. i need to scale back my spending and can't spend a lot on food for the next month-I'm cleaning out the freezer and pantry for the next month and only supplementing fresh fruit, milk, and other necessities so i'm going to have to move toward portion control some days instead of low carb. But i'll do my best-I've had a frozen turkey in my freezer for over a year. I will actually be cooking my first turkey soon!

Today will be xmas decorating and house-cleaning after church. Looking forward to it!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:45 AM   #57  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Well, it's Monday and I took today off work. Decided to check in to see how everyone is doing and I'm thrilled to see Nicole back and posting...and doing awesome!! Between Jillian and Nicole, it's pretty obvious that working out is key to our success!

Interesting to see all the posts re: H*G product, since on the home page of the 3 fat chicks site, this is a banned topic....(or something like that). This is actually a highly touted program in the Georgia area and runs about $600 to $850 for a month long program; You see pros and cons about the program, but my overall opinion is think twice and do LOTS of research if you venture in this direction.

I went to WW today to hear all about the new program. The program's points are based on Protein, Carbs, Fat and Fiber (no calories). There is no 'slide' to calculate points anymore since the algorithm to calculate your PointsPlus points is too complex so you really need to use a little pointsplus calculator they sell or have online access to calculate things for you. Of course I bought all the new materials (about $35 for food and dining out guides, tracker, cookbook, etc.). Little things I noticed was a glass of wine is now 4 pts vs 2 pts; WW yogurts are 2-3 points instead of 1 pt; I still have a lot of reading to do to understand everything better. Folks are having good results with the new program. I think it's a good move on the part of the WW folks!

That's it for now...i'll try to do better about checking in. Hopefully I'll be posting some good results, even though it's a crazy time of year....
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #58  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Good morning girls

Hope everyone had a fab weekend ( and great TG if you are in US). We finally having better weather is Calgary ( as long as it doesn't reach -20.C I will consider it good). I might even hit the gym this evening.
Anyone tried Yoga Meltdown DVD from Jillian Michaels? i tried out yesterday...it is pretty good actually. Dynamic flowing type yoga.

Well...everyone have a great week!
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #59  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone - hope you all (here in the US) had a good turkey day. Mine was OK - just loud and tiring - we were at the in-laws. It was nice having the time off, though - and we got the house decorated for Christmas, which is an accomplishment.

I purposely went off protocol for T-day. I tried to stay relatively low-carb, and ended up staying about the same, which is OK for me( needed the wine to survive! LOL - no, I am serious) . Now for the push to the next goal!

Good luck to you WW-ers out there with the coming changes. It seems like a lot of things are changing by a large number of points, but I like the concept that fruits are going down in points.

JM - hang in there! And yes, I guess you should be cooking up all the food in your freezer this month. Not gonna need as much of that stuff going forward! Studies definitely show that sleep is a key part in weight control - I hope that you are getting used to the mask. As I said before - breathing=good!

Last edited by Kimphin; 11-29-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #60  

Joni, From what I calculated so far on line, it seems like 100 calories is running about 3 points... instead of 2 on the old plan. So they upped my points but made a point worth less. I do like that most fruits and veggies are free.... otherwise looking at the new points values I would be worried that it was a starvation plan. Which when I first heard the details, it seemed like something unlikely to lead to weight loss, as it was more points and fruits and veggies free.... now I see that it is just a small shift. You are just keeping a bit closer track really.

JM, Sleeping adequately can make a profound difference in your ability to resist temptation. I tend to eat when I'm tired. Also be sure you are taking your vitamen D. I was reading about how they found a strong coorelation between deficiency and obesity (perhaps it is just fat girls don't wear skimpy swim suits or go to the beach as often and get less sun exposure though).

MJ, I did have a nice thanksgiving, thanks for asking. I've been thinking that I need more yoga and stretching to keep myself more limber. It may help my foot difficulties.

Nicole, We ordered from that web site you sent. I got two different types, as that brand had one with "more foam" and I thought I'd try that one too. I also went and bought some "toning" shoes, and they seem to put the weight of my foot in a different spot and it relieves the pain... and if it also tones my legs somewhat, all the better.