3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

November 2010

Old 11-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #31
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hmm-only down another pound but discovered this week that I fit into jeans a size smaller than I was wearing so that was a nice surprise.

Just trudging along . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #32
Joan

S/C/G: 180/155/150

Height: 5"8

No loss this week but no gain so thats cool! I took my son out for a few drinks since he turned 18 so I blame the drinks I had!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #33
Joan

Where is everybody????
I had a touch of the flu this weekend and am partially recovered. I am drinking lots of water today trying to flush whatever sickness is left out of me!!!
Tonight I am going to go for a long walk on my treadmill and try and sweat it out.
Tomorrow, we are supposed to be getting 10- 15cm of snow. Welcome to our lovely winter, the one I wish I could escape every year.
Well have a great week everyone!
Cheers to eating healthy and feeling fit!

Joan
Old 11-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #34
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello Chickies!. Been traveling so I have been scarce for a week or so.

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. Not really going to try to eat right, but I am planning on making some low cal pies for dessert.

The old ticker has dropped own another notch, so I think I will adjust (147). I hate to though, cause I am yo-yoing. Needs to come on down. I have commitment issues, I think. LOL

Has anyone seen that Dunkin Donut Pumpkin Spice Coffee Advertisement? I can't find it, but I am looking. I love the PS Creamer that comes out this time of year, but creamer is a trigger for me so trying to avoid.

Good Luck this week. Weather is not helping me. Its Dreary and Damp here

Last edited by aguerin : 11-15-2010 at 05:09 PM.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #35
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I love the holiday DD coffees. However, I was SHOCKED when I looked up the nutritionals - (buzz killers - always). The Gingerbread coffee has 52 grams of carbs in a large!!!! Pumpkin has 47 grams. The syrup they use is not sugar free. Bummer.
Mini Goal #2

Mini Goal #1 18lbs
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #36
Kim - IP 9/10

Wow - deliver some bad news about coffee, and everyone disappears!
Mini Goal #2

Mini Goal #1 18lbs
Old 11-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #37
Joan

Anyone ever heard of HCG?
I went to High School with a girl that is now on my facebook and she looks really good. She told me that her Doctor gave her HCG injections in her stomach and put her on a low calorie diet for 3 days after each injection. She lost 30 pounds in two months and she has never gained it back. She said that her appetite was suppressed and that it didnt cost that much. Although it caught my attention, I havent been able to find much about it on the Internet, mostly about HCG drops. I thought I heard it all but this is a new one to me!
Well I am sitting at 170 this morning. I really want to lose a few pounds quick but its just not happening. My treadmill broke this week which really sucks because I cant locate the online manual for it...grrrrr Its minus 20 with the wind chill today so I wont be going outside for a walk for sure. This means I need to reduce my calorie intake this week so I can lose a few pounds. I thought about doing TO again but I am not in that mode at the moment!
I think the weather is making me crazy. Why do I live in a snowy cold province????
Okay well I think I'll go get a coffee now,

Joan
Old 11-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #38
Kim - IP 9/10

Uh Oh, Joan - a little early in the season for cabin fever! Walk in the mall maybe? Haven't heard much about HCG, maybe it isn't approved in the US?
Mini Goal #2

Mini Goal #1 18lbs
Old 11-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #39
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Hello all:

Kim: I bought the DD Coffee grounds (Pumpkin Spice) at the Grocery store. It is already flavored. No syrup added. I have to admit its not as good as I wanted it to be. I love creamer, but avoiding it. It makes a big difference in the taste but sets off an eating frenzie for me.

My Latest intent is to avoid my trigger foods. They include 1) Carbs, 2) Dairy & 3) Sugars. I will take 1 or two days a week and incorporate some of these lightly into my diet as LAWL allows just to break up the monotany of food, but since I have decided to do this, my dieting is going much easier and I have dropped 2 lbs.

Barbara & JulieM:Congrats on the size drop. Every little bit is motivation to keep going.

Joan: I have tried the HCG Drops. They are fairly inexpensive. They DO work, but the diet is VERY restrictive. I lost interest after about 7 days. I DID lose the weight as expected, but can't say that its any better than LAWL. It may work better for those that have more to lose. I am close to where I want to be so I just wasn't that motivated and the drops taste horrible. In case you haven't read up on it, they are hormones or something. You can find all kinds on info on them on the intranet.

Going to update my ticker.

Last edited by aguerin : 11-18-2010 at 11:36 AM.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #40
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Hi friends I am sorry I am such a loser and haven't posted. I haven't even been lurking.....I have just been sooo busy. I am happy to report that I am still taking very good care of myself....probably even better than the last time I posted. I have been going to the YMCA and working out almost daily for a couple of months. Really, that is probably what is eating up my computer time. It is really taking a lot of crafty time management for me to keep it up. The good thing is, baby Mia (who is so not a baby anymore) loves the daycare. We call it her play-school. It took a bit of time, but she has adapted well. She is the easiest to plan around. Now, the other 4 kids that are in 3 different schools with different hours...and the DH who works constantly so I don't have to. Anyway.....I am loving it. I do about 30 mins of cardio and then about 30-45 mins of weights. I feel awesome.

I havne't really lost any more pounds... but I am patient. I do need to start logging my intake again....I bet that might help

Joan....NO HcG diet. It is a 500 calorie diet. It is a recipe for disaster. I had a weak moment....I tried it.....i lost a good amount.....but HcG drops do not change your mind....and it is your mind that is allowing you to overeat and/or be inactive. Look at those who have had real success......and I am not mentioning any names (Jillian). Slow and steady wins the race....and heart disease searches for poor health. So, do yourself a favor......find tools that will truly help you change your mind......that will help you beat down that fat girl inside of you........that will help you stick with your positive changes. And....if you try the drops.....we won't judge We have all been there, and wanted quick results. I get it. So, there's my two cents....or 75 cents...ha!

Ok, I really wanted to have more time, but I got all tripped up on my soapbox....and now i have to go and take my own advice, pack up all of these kids I own, pick of my brother (oooh, another long story....I feel like I have adopted a 7th kid)....and get my butt to the gym.

Man....I have missed you all....
XOXO

Official Ticker:

10/14/2013----game ON! 213
Weekly Losses with Official WI day on Mon:
Week 1 Oct 21: WI 210.4 Loss: 2.6 lbs.
Week 2 Oct 31: WI 209.4 Loss: 1.0 lbs.
Week 3 Nov 4: WI 208.8 Loss: 0.6 lbs. WW
Week 4 Nov 11: WI 208.2 Loss: 0.6 lbs.
Week 5 Nov 18: WI 203.2 Loss: 5 lbs
Week 6 Nov 25: WI
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #41
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey all!

Joan- I know that feeling. Man!Itz like we living in North Pole or something.I miss my walks down the hill...and I am going through TOM so itz even worse. Somehow...my periods are longer when itz freezing.
And regarding crash diets...I know they can be tempting but hang in there girl. At 5'8" 170 lbs is not bad at all! I know you are thinking of the holiday parties ...but stay away from pills and injections unless you really need it.

i know i haven't lost 150-200 lbs and haven't earned the right to give advices or life style tips...but really girls, I have learnt from my experiences that you have to embrace the change. Of course...there will be temptations and there is nothing wrong giving in to an occasional latte-craving...but buying lunch every day is bad. i have started holiday baking already...and i being very strict about the ingredients...whole wheat pastry flour, splenda and 1/2 butter+ 1/2 apple sauce.
That way I can indulge without guilt.As long as you can stay clear of white stuff and sugar on a daily basis...you'll survive the holiday season.

Take care all and HAPPY THANKSGIVING WEEK TO THE NEIGHBORS

P.S.....To all the regular lurkers or the newbies browsing this forum...you might have reached your goal or may be just starting...or tired and lost motivation...please share your holiday secrets(especially baking)of survival. We could all use some help!

loving life once again...Thanks LAWL

Last edited by mj2007 : 11-19-2010 at 07:46 PM.
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #42
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone! I've been lurking a bit, but not lots to say.

JM -- Good job on the new jeans size!

Joan -- I'd never heard of HCG until you mentioned it -- although I think I remember that term from back when I was trying to conceive -- I think it's what they measure in a pg test.

I'm on track to hit -50lbs this week (since June) so that's pretty exciting. Dec 1st DS and I are heading to Disney for a week, so I'll likely come back 10lbs heavier...lol. I'll try my best while I'm there, but it IS Disney, so I'll probably just try to stick to a maintenance type plan for that week.

I'm not much of a baker myself, but I do love cooking. I'm constantly re-inventing recipes and finding ways to make them work with my plan. It helps me keep from getting bored with the same old food all the time. Today I'm making sweet and sour pork tenderloin in the slow cooker, yum!

Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #43
Joan

Okay ladies, I get it...no HCG! I really don't know much about it anyways.
The good news is that my hubby fixed my treadmill yesterday so tonight I will try it out again and see if its really fixed.
This cold weather has probably just been getting me down. -30 today!!!! COLD!!!! We havent had a break for a week now! Its just snow and cold, depressing! Kim- I dont quite have cabin fever yet but close...
I need to move to California. I love it there......
Well I admit that I did lots of Christmas baking this weekend since it was too cold to go anywhere. The Devil inside me baked shortbread and butter tarts, really healthy eh! I actually didnt eat much so its all good.
Yes I need to cheer up. I originally started LA Weightloss when I weighed 176 pounds and I did get down to the 150's but I couldnt stay there so now I am trying again but with little consistancy.
BTW, can you believe its Christmas in 33 days!!!

Joan
Old 11-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #44
Joan

This is just for laughs:

What is a calorie?

Calories are the little *******s that get into your wardrobe at

night and sew your clothes tighter.

MY CLOSET IS INFESTED WITH THE LITTLE ****S
Old 11-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #45

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Joan, Too funny! -30! that sounds so very cold. We get a lot of clouds and rain in the winter here and any snow is just some excitement, and they say it may snow tonight. So we'll see. If it does the news stations go crazy.. since everyone seems to sit at home and watch them, so they send some poor reporter out to stand in the snow all around town. I do like the video of cars not making up hills though. Sometimes it can be highly entertaining.

Nicole, Wow! You've been really doing good with the working out. I am so impressed. Even if the scale doesn't move much, it is so good for you to do that. I tend to feel better about my body regardless of what the scale says when I'm feeling in shape.

We took two weeks off work and took a trip to the beach, where the sun actually shone on us in November in Oregon (rare and wonderful). Then we took a trip down to Sunnyvale, CA and checked in with my in-laws, who are doing just fine (although getting up there in age). Then we went to Reno, NV for a few days, since we lived near there when we got married 25 years ago and got married in Carson city nevada. We had a good time, and ate at some old favorite restaurants and had a fantastic expensive meal on our anniversary. Wonderful, but also felt really good to get back to eating a lot more healthily, and to get back to my spin class. I didn't get much exercise on vacation as my foot is still bothering me (walking on the beach was not a good idea). So that was kind of a bummer, I'm sick of limping around.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.