Old 11-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #16  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. not much going on with me..planning out my DS's 5th birthday, it's the 12th, party on the 13th.
still super busy with kids, school, etc, etc, etc.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, Are you planning another great cake for the birthday boy? You have done such great ones in the past. Hopefully you'll look down someday at your body and decided you love it just the weight your are right then.

Kim, weight fluctuates. Don't let it get you down. It will go down some day soon.

JM, 20 pounds before december 20 seems like a lot to me too. It will be 20 pounds that you don't need to lose after the surgery.

I tried on some older pants this morning in one size smaller than I've been wearing and they fit. Yeah size 10... good to see you back after a long hiatus in size 12. 4 months on weight watchers and I've gone from size 12 being too tight to wear to comfortable in size 10. Its not fast but it is working.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #18  
WonderWoman

great job barbara!
and yes, he has requested a football cake (which is weird considering he's totally into transformers, cars, robots, mario, etc.) but it's what he asked for..so i'm making a big 3D football. hopefully it won't look too gigantic or weird looking. but we'll see.

it's so good to see so much positive posts and losses! happy for that! just wish more would chime in..losses or not! it's the friendship and camaraderie that helps too!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #19  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Barb- Good for you to be down a size. Its such feeling eh! I am not down a size yet but I am working on it. I am down 1.2 pounds so far this week. I am in a size 12 but really hoping for size 10 by Christmas.
Jillian- You are right about this site. Even though I dont know any of you personally, I see all of you as my friends and someone I can count on all the time.
I am feeling really great this week about all my food choices. I am also planning my workout for the weekend.
LIFE IS GOOD!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:07 PM   #20  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all-I'm taking the day off today to tackle the yard before it starts raining again. But it's a bit chilly still so here I am!

20 lbs is a lot-but if I stick to the low-carb thing it's doable. I lost 10 lbs in a little over a week before that last appt! (I had gained some from my original ticker weight). It's hard to do long term-I think I'll go a week, take a couple days off (add a few carbs to keep my sanity) and then go another week and see how it works. I actually have until my surgery date to lose-so almost 3 months . . .

Folks seem to be doing well right now! Keep it up!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #21  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochie View Post
Jillian- You are right about this site. Even though I dont know any of you personally, I see all of you as my friends and someone I can count on all the time.
Joan
I 100% agree - maybe it is the semi-annonymity, or probably more like we are all in the same boat, but I love the friendships here, all non-judgemental and supportive. Thanks to all my 3FC friends!

Barbara - size 10. WOW! Who cares if it takes 4 weeks or 4 months, that's terrific. Geez - size 10 - haven't seen that on this body since college.

I am happily fitting into 16's these days (and it suprises me every morning, LOL.) That's the lowest of the wide spectrum of sizes in my repetoire, though - so I am looking forward to having to shop when I get to the 14's (which this butt hasn't seen since my honeymoon - 17 yrs ago)
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #22  
WonderWoman

kim..you can do it! i NEVER DREAMED that i'd be where i am today and look at me. it's possible! i can't wait to see that ticker of yours move some more and to hear you say that you fit into 14's!!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kim, Size 10 is bigger than it used to be! I still own a suit that I've had for over 25 years, and it is marked size 12, but it is about the size of what they are selling in the stores now as size 8. Still I'm glad that I tried them on (and even wore them to work and was perfectly comfortable all day), since weight loss has been slow lately. I had high hopes after not seeing the scale move last week that this week would be really good, but it was only one pound down. I did eat every point I could last weekend, so I guess it is important to note that it does not lead to a good week on the scale.

I'm taking a few weeks off from work. Looking forward to some down time and taking a few short trips here and there. We are going to be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary during this time, but haven't managed to come up with a plan of something to do. We had big plans to take elaborate trips, but that just doesn't seem like a good idea at this time afterall. So maybe we'll drive the hour to the beach instead (not quite the tour of Italy that I was wishing for, but some other year maybe)
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #24  
Kim - IP 9/10

Barbara - enjoy your time off! Whether you go anywhere or not, it is still downtime for the brain. Sometimes it is a lot less stressful to NOT go on a big trip - you can take the time and find cool new places near home. Happy 25th too!

And yeah, I had a feeling that sizes just aren't what they used to be. I look at college pictures of myself - as an 8 or 10, and I was thin. Of course, I wanted to be tall and skinny, so I thought I was fat. I wish I could shake my younger self and knock some sense into me!
Old 11-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #25  
WonderWoman

what's up everyone??? where are you?

i'm down another pound--so i'm at 158! whoo!

i'm hoping to see more people posting..even if it's not about a WL accomplishment, just another positive thing that happened in your day would be awesome to share! it'd be great motivation for everyone and a nice thing to read throughout the day.

who's up for it?
Old 11-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #26  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
Kim, Size 10 is bigger than it used to be! I still own a suit that I've had for over 25 years, and it is marked size 12, but it is about the size of what they are selling in the stores now as size 8. Still I'm glad that I tried them on (and even wore them to work and was perfectly comfortable all day), since weight loss has been slow lately.
Size 10 is awesome...WTG Barbara!!!

You all are an inspiration. That is what is so great about this forum...whether you are 20 or 60....everyone has iron determination. My eldest sister lives in Boston...she has a lucrative but demanding job and she fights everyday to give it her best but i wish she was as determined with WL. She used to be a workout instructor in her early twenties....now she is 48 and thinks that she is too old to get back in shape.

Well...I am doing good actually...started a new job last week...nothing big but okay so far. The best part is I have to move around a lot in that job...and i am finally down to 123
I agree...sizes are bigger now...XS or size 4 is big for me already...no way i'm that thin...where did my boobs go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #27  
Joan

Kim- Congrats on your 25th Wedding Anniversary. Thats awesome! I hope you enjoy your time off!

M.J- Glad to hear that you are working and that things are going well. Man are you doing awesome with your weight! Way to go!

Jillian- You truly are changing. I can't believe how far you have come. You must be feeling so good about your accomplishments!

Well today I am celebrating my sons 18th birthday. I am taking him for dinner and his first legal drink! I cant believe how time flies! I am so proud of what a great kid he is.
Well I have to run, have a great day all!

Joan
Old 11-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #28  
Kim - IP 9/10

^ She means Barb. I still have 8 more years 'till the 25th.

MJ - congrats on starting the new job. As for your sister - sometimes you can only deal with one thing at a time. Hopefully she will come around to taking better care of herself.

Jillian - OK, one good thing.... I am in the process of planning out my spring semester of classes - and that will be the LAST SPRING SEMESTER I HAVE TO DO! (I should be done December 2011).
Old 11-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #29  
Joan

Oops, I did mean Barb. Thanks for the correction Kim!!!

old age kicking in.........lol
Old 11-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #30  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Quick shout out to those hanging in here and posting....wish I could say the scale was flying in the same directions as yours, but it's not....I'm letting work get the best of me and maintaining....lose a couple; gain a couple...ugh. But, I hope I wake up someday and the magic button goes off and I adapt a lifestyle that I can work with every day (like you did Jillian!). I won't give up which is why I love coming her for a little inspiration! My cute little granddaughter is two today....she's the greatest, cutest little kid!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote