Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 03:59 PM   #46  

Thank you all for the welcome,

I am off to the center right now...This is the 3rd day of my "Express Diet" and let me tell you...I have not been in the bathroom other than to get rid of all the water...right now I am feeling like a bloated cow!! Did any of you gain weight the first three days? I am up 4 pounds!!!!!!! Boy talk about getting discouraged right away!

Well hopefully once I get on the plan I will get some relief and the scale will come down.

Pen...hope those little darlings of yours are well soon! And NO they did not pressure me into anything...of course I am a seasoned dieter, so I was prepared for that and I told them right up front not to bother

Glad you guys are here...I don't think I could do this without support and hugs.

Thanks again!!!

Meg
Old 11-07-2002, 04:06 PM   #47  

Good luck Meg!
Old 11-07-2002, 09:19 PM   #48  

Hay Meg, Are you doing the take off thing with the juice?? I am just starting (AGAIN). And the first time I did this I didn't have to do the take off thing. I am a little antsy about it. I have heard some scary things on it. I think it's a lot of drinking on this. I mean 20oz of this stuff?

Well if it works then I will be happy. Anyway I start it on Sat so I am eating up a storm. God I am nervous about this. I know once I get on plan I will be much better.

Karen
Old 11-07-2002, 10:00 PM   #49  

I broke down and bought the cook book. We tried the apple chicken this evening and it wasn't too good. Has anyone tried any of other recipes.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:19 PM   #50  

I was wondering about the cook book! I am having a hard time coming up with meals for dinner. It has only been 5 days and already I am sick of chicken!!!

I hate to hear that the first recipe you tried was a bust!
Old 11-08-2002, 03:00 AM   #51  

Hello All,

Funny you should mention the cookbook...when I went to the center yesterday they told me I could buy it for 20% off, making it $23.00. She said it was great and I said I will put it on my Christmas List. With that said, the price went back up 20% I guess you could say that was a little bit of pressure I was thinking that before I purchased it I would check it out with all of you that have been OP for awhile. Do all you die hards have the book and how do you like it??

Well when I weighed in I was only up 1.5 pounds not the 4 that I originally thought. But what a bummer since the they said I should of lost 3 to 5 pounds!

Kmabry...yes I did the three day thing with the juice and it messed up my plumbing something awful. They told me that is the reason for the weight gain instead of loss...I just can't do all that protein!

Well today I start the "Red Plan", we'll see how that goes.

Have a great Day everyone!~~~~~~~Meg
Old 11-08-2002, 07:55 AM   #52  

They gave me the cookbook when I joined. I only tried one recipe-the stuffed peppers. They were good and filling. I used lite Velvetta (not lite cheddar) and melted it in the rice/beef mixture along with the tomatoes(rather than putting them in top). I'm going to try some of the shrimp recipes next. Will let you know.
Kathie
Old 11-08-2002, 08:22 AM   #53  

I don't use the cookbook myself, but it's more because I have so little time to prepare meals. Lunch and dinner have to be eaten at work, so I prepare them ahead of time. I just boil up a lot of veggies and use the Foreman grill to grill a bunch of chicken or turkey at one time. Or I'll boil a dozen eggs and just use them as I need them. I used to cook for both my boyfriend and I, and it was almost IMPOSSIBLE making the both of us happy. Luckily, I started working the night shift He hates green food!!!

Meg, I also don't do so well with a lot of protein. The Take Off juice always makes me feel a little weird when I do it. Kinda dizzy. I hate it.

I'm down 1 lb according to my scale today, so I'm back to my lowest point before ruining my Halloween goal I see light at the end of the tunnel. LoL
Old 11-08-2002, 10:40 AM   #54  

Good Morning all,

I didn't go to weigh in today. I just know it's not going to be good so why bother!lol

I ate bad for dinner last, and I ate a donut this morning. I don't know what's wrong w/ me! I just can't seem to get it together. Well, just cause I messsd up this morning doesn't mean that I have to eat bad for the rest of the day.

I'm going to go on w/ my day and see if I can keep it together all day long.

Have a great OP day all.

Kathy
Old 11-08-2002, 11:19 AM   #55  

Default cookbook/take off

I was discouraged when I started LAWL because the 3 day Take Off made me sick to my stomach and I didn't lose very much weight. When I started the program, I was losing over 2 lbs a week. I have settled into around 1.5 lbs a week. They suggested that I do the Take Off again, but if it didn't work the first time and made me sick, why bother?

I love the cookbook! I have made the chicken in wine sauce, the chicken marsala, sesame chicken...all very good. I don't see why I can't bring the book in and just post the recipes for you guys.

There was also an egg bake with cheddar and broccoli that was VERY good and the broiled eggplant is good as well.

I also didn't like the chicken with apples and the turkey sloppy joes and barbecue turkey were NOT good.

I weigh in today....what is everyone's pre-weigh in ritual. I usually drink all my 64 ounces of water at work. On weigh in days, I don't know whether to drink or not to drink!!!!

Let's keep it up girls!!! Think of how great we can look by Summer!!

Cheer

169.5/155.5/140
Old 11-08-2002, 11:53 AM   #56  

I usually weigh in Friday nights, but am planning to go in tomorrow morning. I really hope I can have a weight loss. I haven't been doing so well the last few weeks. Have lost only a little or stayed the same. Too much off program. Can't work if you don't do it!

I have the cookbook and have tried some of the recipes. Liked some and not some like most cookbooks. It does give you some ideas. I get somewhat in a rut with my food plan and this helps.

I would like to lose 5 more pounds by Thanksgiving. This could happen if I eat on plan like I should. My family is coming home and I would like to have about 20 lbs off.

Hannah
Old 11-08-2002, 12:45 PM   #57  

Goodmorning skinny girls!

I did ok yesterday until after dinner, then I kind of lost it when I was cleaning up the kitchen. I had 1/2 a cookie and 2 slurps of my husband's milkshake, then 3 crackers! I also cooked my chicken and veggies with some soy sauce, so probably that sodium didn't help me.

I am going to weigh in tomorrow. I felt so stressed last night, they cancelled my daughters surgery this morning because she has had the stomach flu and also has a sinus infection. I think all together it just got to me and I kind of went crazy.

I guess I need the cookbook, I am finding it really hard just eating plain ole chicken and veggies.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:31 PM   #58  
JAG

I weigh in on Saturday mornings...before I eat or drink anything. I am also good about wearing the same thing each week so my cloths do not throw things off.

Everyone at my center loves the chicken parm from the cookbook. One of the girls there also suggested placing the skinny cow swiss cheese and spinach in a chicken breast, roll it up, put seasoning on top and cook it.

My new favorite has been to cook chicken in the sauce you buy to go with tacos. I was going to do the powder but it had a lot more sodium.

Has anyone reached the point where they do not feel like they are losing pounds but losing inches instead? I just started really working out and I wonder if it is building muscle that is doing it to me. I know it has more weight than fat.

Another question...how much water is everyone drinking? I get about 225 ounces in a day... Can you drink too much water?

Hope you have a good weekend!
Jen
Old 11-08-2002, 03:07 PM   #59  

Jen-

Thanks for the chicken tips. That's what I live on, so it is great to try something new!

I was told, at my center, that you COULD drink too much water, any more than 80 ounces and your body could retain it. Then, a different counselor told me that, as long as you are working out, you need the water. Who knows!!!

I have the same problem as you. I work out a lot, so the scale really doesn't move as much. I have, however, lost 9 inches in 2 months and am down 2 sizes. Plus, EVERYONE is telling me how they can't believe how much weight I have lost. I guess the muscle just firms up and sucks in...so even though you are not "losing weight", you are shrinking!!!

Keep it up!

cheer
Old 11-08-2002, 03:10 PM   #60  

Hi all, i'm having a pretty good day so far. I've managed to stay clear of the cookies, i'm looking forward to my hot coco this afternoon.

I ususally have about 80-90oz of water a day, plus 24oz of crystal lite or diet soda. and 10oz of coffee.

Kathy
Closed Thread